Mob Index Button

Bones

Elite
In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next t
Society
Skillin Villains
Bare BareBones Bones
Dear 711

Would it be possible to add a new button on the top toolbar for Mob Index .

Also while you are at it , make it so when you click on a link in the index , it opens a new window as it did before the update.

Thank you

Thanks Bones and on behalf of everyone who has contributed towards that ^^ Mob Index over the past 5 years....

I'm going to say something here and I really dont want a snide remark from a very unhelpful and hostile Admin to everything I've said here lately.

So here it goes:

Can we have them listed in Alphabetical order like they were before?

Do you want to put a GIF up 711 to impress me? It wont. You are seriously subpar.

Dear 711

Would it be possible to add a new button on the top toolbar for Mob Index .

Also while you are at it , make it so when you click on a link in the index , it opens a new window as it did before the update.

Thank you

I'm not quite sure what you mean.
The Index thread you linked is already a sticky thread in the Creatures section, and appears at the top of the forum listing page.

I'm not quite sure what you mean.
The Index thread you linked is already a sticky thread in the Creatures section, and appears at the top of the forum listing page.

Well the index is such a helpful tool , and at the top there are only 4 buttons on that entire toolbar.

It looks as if there is plenty of room to add a button up there for the Mob Index .

Though the sub forum is useful , it would be so much more useful to have it right on top , since there is all that real estate not being used , what is the harm.

My other request was to make the Index open a separate window when you click on the mob link inside the Index. It was this way before and I found it very useful to have multiple windows open at a time.

Well the index is such a helpful tool , and at the top there are only 4 buttons on that entire toolbar.

It looks as if there is plenty of room to add a button up there for the Mob Index .

Though the sub forum is useful , it would be so much more useful to have it right on top , since there is all that real estate not being used , what is the harm.

The navigation bar at the top of the forum is for navigating general website features and locations, not for shortcuts to specific subforums or threads. If the creatures index thread is a page you find yourself visiting often, you might consider bookmarking it for easy access.

My other request was to make the Index open a separate window when you click on the mob link inside the Index. It was this way before and I found it very useful to have multiple windows open at a time.

All external hyperlinks open in a new window; all internal links (planetcalypsoforum.com domain) open in the current window. This is standard practice for many websites.

If you want to open one of the links in the creature index in a new window, simply hold down the SHIFT key when clicking the link (or hold down the CTRL key to open the link in a new tab in the current window).

What keeps you from simply making a bookmark in your browser, I wonder. I had done this before since I also use it often and simply updated the url now. It even saves a click since you don't have to load the forum homepage first. Depending on your browser, you can even do neat things like assigning shortcuts to bookmarks.

I am aware of the methods used for opening extra links and creating bookmarks.

My reason for creating this post was merely to ask for something I considered useful to myself and others.

If you do not have the ability or the will to accommodate my request , then that is the answer.

Thank you

No reason for being upset. Just tried to point out that the alternatives are already more useful and more powerful, that building it into the forum gives no advantage over what you can already do. Yet you want someone to put work into it. There are feature requests about things you can't currently do and which were enabled in the old software as customization. It is a more useful application of workforce to try and restore these. Hard feelings about facts are as superfluous as an inflamed appendix.

No reason for being upset. Just tried to point out that the alternatives are already more useful and more powerful, that building it into the forum gives no advantage over what you can already do. Yet you want someone to put work into it. There are feature requests about things you can't currently do and which were enabled in the old software as customization. It is a more useful application of workforce to try and restore these. Hard feelings about facts are as superfluous as an inflamed appendix.

Umm , there is no animosity or anyone upset here.
I asked a question and was referred to alternative ways to accomplish the same thing.
I happen to know these methods and pointed it out.

My reason for asking the question was not only for myself , it came from being asked by others of mob spawns.
I quite often send these people to the forum and the index as a way to familiarize them with the same tools I use.
I can only assume it is not possible or 711 wants to keep the forum in its current layout.

If there were a button on top that was labeled as I had asked , I feel it would be useful.
The response from 711 was that it is not necessary.

I asked a question , 711 responded with an answer.

Thank you

Back