MOBS back at CND - Discussion

most of the changes are in, except still need some fertilizer to finish everything...

I will keep working on it until the best balance is struck...

Miners, let me know if the Spawn is too much, so far i ahve left alot of domes almost empty.

Turn PVP on in all domes :)

:duh:
Neverdie, don't listen to this ;)
Keep PVP in high domes, but not in all...

From what you wrote it seems it's ok now. Still it was the best when there were no creatures :laugh:
I guess it's the hardest thing to please both miners and hunters. CND is too small for that :laugh:
Domes 1-20 empty mining ground
Domes 20-40 hunting ground
Dome 41... I don't want to think about it :laugh:

I think MA should allow you to put Aurli and Kreltin in dome 7 until CP is open again ;)

I really enjoy the high maturity snables, and birds. I'm glad you're keeping them. As far as the Caudatergus, SnarkSnot, Cornundacauda dome; I think the Cornundacauda don't really fit.

There is a good spawn of high maturity planetside, and it might make the dome just that much more miner friendly. I know Snark have moderate agro as well, but it's easy enough to finish them off and continue mining.

Hi

Ive explored all of eudoria and amathera and have put a proposal for most domes let me know what you think - however dome 1 is my pride and joy and thanks to nd stalkers, prowlers, oas ambus are back ! yay

Dome 1 - Ambulimax
Settings - Mid Level Spawn (old - dominant)
- Mid Level Spawn (doms - stalkers)
notes : hunters come up to cnd to hunt unique spawns thats the way i like it

Dome 2 - Fungoid
Settings - Mid Level Spawn (youngs - olds)
Low Level Spawn (providers - alphas)
notes : cause of mob aggro range to just on radar low level on high maturities will help miners and unique is only 1 fungoid spawn spotted on amathera

Dome 3 - Dakibah ( Med Level Spawn - Max Maturity)
notes : dedicate this dome to the dakibah , as some people love hunting the old dakibah alpha-stalkers

Dome 4 - Atrox (Suggestions on this dome please) cause i prefer the guardians-prowlers (too many young spawns on eudoria)
notes : more experienced trox hunters give info please

Dome 5 - Exo and Snable (Max Spawn - Max Maturity)
notes : not much more can be said about this dome but i enjoy the hunt of big exos and snables on odd occasions

Dome 6 - Caperon
2 DNA - YOungs - old (mid level spawn)
1 DNA - old - alphas (low level spawn)
notes : not much to say i cant hunt over guardian with my armor setup but some hunters might like the stalkers but inner radar medium aggro range thats my suggestion

Dome 7 - Put a DNA in this dome or as usual miners dome - hoping on another mob for cnd

Dome 8 - Problem dome i hated the settings pre VU10 so my suggestions are
Tripudion (Mid Level Spawn) Max Maturity
Foul (Mid Level Spawn) Max Maurity
Molisk (Mid Level Spawn) Max Maturity
Dakibah (Low Level Spawn) Max MAturity
notes : no stalker tripudions anywhere on eudoria or amathera same with fouls makes it a unique dome , dakibah stalkers recommened in dome 3 now

Dome 9 - Atrax (Mid Level Spawn) Slider almost max
notes : Lots of people love the big atrax aggro range is just outside radar so mid level spawn is recommended stalkers do huge damage but prowlers do half the damage so recommended a low amount of stalkers but prowlers,alphas,old alphas and doms are a great hunt - but any suggestions to tailor trying to keep a low amount of stalkers is appreciated because i love to hunt a few stalkers so please suggestions.

Dome 10 - Prancers,Pluma (Low Level Spawn ) Max Maturity
notes : these are annoying buggers prancers just agro inside radar to annoy miners - suggestions please - but this is my proposal

Dome 11 - Longu (Mid Level Spawn ) Max Maturity
notes : Longus are all over eudoria now lots of olds to prowlers - not many stalkers though and aggro range very minimal so max maturity recommended

Dome 12 - Neconu (Mid Level Spawn) Medium Maturity enough said
notes : agro range is like atrox mid level spawn , and providers- alphas recommended - suggestions please i have not much experience with neconu

Dome 13 - Berycled (Mid Level Spawn) Max Maturity
Merp (Low Level Spawn) Max Maturity
notes : love the merp stalkers to return to calypso however agro range and speed they are annoying for the mining population but gotta have some in there, and with berycled nice spawn of alpha to stalkers would be unique because not many berys around on planet in this maturity range

Dome 14 - Cornuducauda , Snarksnots, Caudetgus - another dome settings destroyed pre vu 10 - love the old settings of max spawn max maturity - however to suit miners lower spawn to mid level,

Dome 15 - Allopyls - these mobs dont aggro much so suggestions are max maturity, max spawn, annoying atrax try to minimize them as much as you can

Dome 16 + 17 - Dasplators - enough said these spawns open to suggestions as i cant hunt them yet. but looks like spawn is ok for now - some seasoned players may want more but it is the unique mob so i have no further say on these domes

Dome 18 - this is my suggestions maybe some wont like it but i prefer this
Argonauts - Medium Spawn - Max Mauturity
Cornoter - Low Spawn - Low Maturity
notes : since the argos were introduced into dome 18 rather than dome 7 i prefer the domes 19 and 20 dedicated to cornoter.. many hunter argos not many leaders on planet, suggestions please

Dome 19 - Atrox (Low Level Spawn - Max Maturity)
Cornoter. (Low Level Spawn - High Maturity (guardian-alpha+)
notes - agro range outside radar for trox just inside for cornoter. so low level spawn recommeded for miners, seasoned players on the unique side might want to challenge for high maturity cornoter. and gives seasoned players more variety to hunt.

Dome 20 - Atrox (Low Level Spawn - Medium Maturity)
Cornoter. (Mid Level Spawn - Young - Old
Cornoter (Mid Level Spawn - Old - Providers)
Notes - Dedicate this dome to the unique cornoter.. there are enough atrox on the planet of all maturitys so keep trox down to low level , and make this a mainly cornoter. dome for mid level players to hunt - providers probably the maximum as guardians are a jump to seasoned.. just my suggestions

any more suggestions feel free to post but these are just my experiences from working on cnd most of 2008 , as in 2009 many of the domes unique touches were destroyed in my opinion. thank you

Agis :)

Last edited:
Leave in some newcomerish mobs, maturity and densities to attract new business to CND too.

Leaving that out will leave the place diminished in the cycle of fresh blood, stagnating business for hangar owners/flight operators, CND events & social gatherings - parties/soc gatherings/after parties etc.

idk. Lots will keep you busy with your new planet ventures, try to improve CND for the future on occassion even if MA has sucked thus far at doing things right for Calypso and a growing portion of its participants over the last few years.

thanks Agis, will look through this list carefully too.

If someone could scan a ambu stalker for me and update entropedia ,much appreciated thx

I find it hilarious that the miners are saying how much more ped they spend on CND than the hunters. I've been up here for a week (possibly more, the days have run together). During that week there have been no mobs. This has been a complication to my trip up here, since my original intent was to sell equipment to hunters. To occupy myself I have pulled healthbars in the control room.

To pull 40 health bars it took me 4.5 hours with just miners on CND, and that was during the BEST mining to be had since the inception of the asteroid. It took me 30 minutes to pull 40 health bars today with hunters back. Don't get me wrong, there is definitely a large market for CND miners, but you guys aren't the only ones who come up to CND for those long, expensive excursions, and it definitely seems the hunters are spending more ped up there than you.

Is there a balance between the two? Of course, but that balance is always going to be the one that favors Neverdie's income stream the best, and well it should be. Should there be plenty of room for miners? Yes, but that doesn't mean the daspletor spawn should be lowered to cater to miners over the hunters who spend tens of thousands of ped daily just in domes 16 and 17.

I'd vote no on PVP in dasp domes. No person (or person + medic) in game can kill dasps while being harassed, and if 2 or 3 people/groups are hunting the same dome the temptation is definitely there, especially if you see the guy beside you nab 2 or 3 hofs.

I'd also say pvp enabled in any dome would only decrease potential tax revenue.

I would love to see at least one dome with Maximum spawn of Cornuanterions with mid-lvl to high lvl maturity.
Can be mixed with big atroxes to keep the dome filled up so as a hunter you don't have to run around a lot and keep :handgun:

For the rest for me it's all OK. The Dasp spawns / matuirty are good as they are now.

And keep pvp off in the domes pls. ;)

I am a CND Miner but I do not like empty domes, so if you ask me put the mobs back in all domes :)

There is no challenge running like a madman dropping bombs in empty domes and it becomes rather boring after a while...

And as someone said it might be fun to hunt a day when mining is bad.

Regards
Haddock

My suggestion is to remove all crap mob DNA's and keep the unique ones,so u get happy miners and happy hunter.

Which mobs are 'crap DNA mobs'? The mobs all players can kill? I for one would hate if mobs like the mid level troxes disappears as I also think it was a shame, that the allo's was removed. I think splitting up the domes to make sure all kind of players can come up there would make it much better for CND - especially now with the new possibilities. :dunno: I would hate if this would become a place where I was not able to hunt anymore (I can't take big ass unique mobs, sorry :cry:)

What mining concernes it is good that the ground is leveled down now and better to run on.

Is it possible to tell which creatures (except from Dasps) gave you most income at CND? I mean if there are creatures people don't hunt it makes no sense to put them in. Right? :scratch2: Then if there are such you could leave the dome without the creatures as a place for miners...

And the good point is: PVP in domes 16-20 is pointless. I agree with Stryker.

Now miners don't shake the ground, so no reason for PVP on CND. We don't bother hunters (that was the most common excuse for killing us) and it's useful only for certain events I guess. PKs can stick to the planet zones...

First Day on CND with ambus

Burned 2.5kped ammo before going broke - only 1 stalker global - 3 youngs and a provider, XT is down to 1/4.

My observations

Uber Ambus - Numbers (Set at Level 5) - Maturity (Set at Level 9)
notes - very happy numbers are enough to hunt throughly and giving miners room to mine

Young Ambus - Numbers (Set at Level 6) - Maturity (Set at Level 2)
I would prefer the Maturity raised as there are plenty of young & mature ambus on planet and for a unique attraction

my suggestion is
Numbers (Set at Level 5) - Maturity (Set at Level 4-5)

thanks

Agis

I would love to see one dome filled with Domi->Prowler Exaros and Old->Guardian Prancers! :wtg: Would be nice place to blow some P2a's away :D

I would love to see at least one dome with Maximum spawn of Cornuanterions with mid-lvl to high lvl maturity.
Can be mixed with big atroxes to keep the dome filled up so as a hunter you don't have to run around a lot and keep :handgun:

For the rest for me it's all OK. The Dasp spawns / matuirty are good as they are now.

And keep pvp off in the domes pls. ;)

After all the running around we had to do in the last few weeks running round domes looking for a mob is a walk in the park :D

keep in mind that you ern(alot) of your peds from miners. and not big exas and dakiba hunters. keep it simple and unique =):yay:

my 2 pecs...

...i think it would be nice if u leave unique mobs lika dasps, cronoanterions and maybe bigger maturities of typisal mobs in 1/4 of all domes and leave rest empty just for mining purposes. All that "normal" mobs can be hunted on countless LA's on planet. I bet noone fly up there especialy to hunt small troxes while ithaca is full of them for free. As oposition to CP wchich is hardcore hunting place CND was always hardcore mining place and all that small snabless and troxes on the way are just anoying.

I managed so far to hit over 50 K peds in globals and HoF's on CND ,and as far dasps ,course its uniquesnes ,are fine for me, rest of typical small mobs forced me always to make my mining trips there bit shorter.

Which mobs are 'crap DNA mobs'? The mobs all players can kill? I for one would hate if mobs like the mid level troxes disappears as I also think it was a shame, that the allo's was removed. I think splitting up the domes to make sure all kind of players can come up there would make it much better for CND - especially now with the new possibilities. :dunno: I would hate if this would become a place where I was not able to hunt anymore (I can't take big ass unique mobs, sorry :cry:)

What mining concernes it is good that the ground is leveled down now and better to run on.

Crap mobs?-Thats the mobs which are spread over the whole planet...Bery,pluma/prancer (even big maturitys i found),Daikiba,Cornundacauda,Cadatergus,also big maturity of daikiba found on calypso,Neconu(2LA's with them on the planet not enough?),ambulimax,Agro........

All the miners are compelled to kill this mobs,if u as miner dont kill them and making a mobtrain,because u dont like to kill em and agro the mobs to other miners or hunter.
I bet ND did notice a huge diffrence in revenue while CND was empty of mobs,it was also the first time I've mined there one week without doing anything else,i've enjoyed that untill the mobs were back so i left again:)

So the question is : will ND keep the crapy mobs to make instance hunter happy and scare miners from CND or make a free way to to improve his revenue,even the smal maturitys and spawns of mobs are annoying for miners.

Regards

With regards to your current proposed setup, and comments/suggestions made by others.

Here's where I have found there to be gaps in the mob maturities on calypso...

Prancer/Pluma prowler.stalker... so yeah, keep that max/max
ambu prowler/stalker
snable prowler/stalker
snark prowler/stalker

if anyone has seen good spawns of these mobs, with these maturities, please post the locations, so that ND may adjust as neccessary.

Suggestions I have... Dome 14.. minimize cornunducauda, keep snarks at max/max and for caudys, medium density, max maturity ( I have found several spawns of larger caudys, but mostly up to Alpha- west of JC other side of lake, and east of Jurra plateau)

Someone mentioned the need for big berys, foul, & molisk... I have found decent spawns of these, with high maturities. Foul/bery W and NW of Echidna, and molisk in the mountains NNW of Orthos/SW of Livas, not to mention the Molisk Leader LA west of Oshiri.... so, keep those at a minimum on CND.

As far as troxies... there are far too many spawns of those on Calypso to waste too much on fertilizer... but they are still good hunting whenever people get bored with mining, are waiting to extract from a tower, etc. :D

Hope this helps... oh, and if you promise to keep max/max on the prancers/plumas, I would be willing to donate dung for the fertilizer! ;)

With regards to your current proposed setup, and comments/suggestions made by others.

Someone mentioned the need for big berys, foul, & molisk... I have found decent spawns of these, with high maturities. Foul/bery W and NW of Echidna, and molisk in the mountains NNW of Orthos/SW of Livas, not to mention the Molisk Leader LA west of Oshiri.... so, keep those at a minimum on CND.

;)

No foul warriors or leaders in that area most ive seen are hunters and scavangers, bery stalker and prowler very small spawn there.

But definately a need for alpha - stalkers and warrior - leader for these mobs
Ambullimax,Fungoid,Dakibah,Snablenot,Snarksnot,Prancers,Plum,Cornter,Foul,Tripudion,Argonauts,Merp,Bery

With structuring of the domes - yes you can leave some domes empty.

Now neconu dna must have costed you alot so definately keep them in dome

Look at the impact of the minng population and of course many hunters up here to kill mobs not spawning regularly on the planet. If i were a miner and hunter and knowing what there is to hunt on the planet in numbers (spawn) and therefore the other word is 'easily accessible'. As a land Manager these would be my settings, and this is very generous to miners and still the unique hunting is still here.

This is land settings favourable to miners and unique hunters, my 2nd formula

Dome 1 - Ambulimax
DNA - Spawn Level 5 , Maturity Level 5
DNA - Spawn Level 5 , Maturity Level 9

Dome 2 - Fungoid
DNA - Spawn Level 3, Maturity Level 7
DNA - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 4

Dome 3 - Closed to Miners

Dome 4 - Closed to Miners

Dome 5 - Snablesnot
DNA - Spawn Level 6, Maturity Level 10
Exarosaur DNA - Spawn Level 6, Maturity Level 10

Dome 6 - Caperon
DNA - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 1
DNA - Spawn Level 3, Maturity Level 4
DNA - Spawn Level 2, Maturity Level 7

Dome 7 - Closed to Miners

Dome 8 - Various Mobs Hunters Haven
Molisk - Spawn Level 2, Maturity Level 10
Tripudion - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 10
Dakibah - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 10
Foul - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 10

Dome 9 - Closed to Miners

Dome 10 - Various Mobs
Prancer - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 10
Pluma - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 10

Dome 11 - Longu
Notes : I like to hunt stalker longu but for miners id close this dome so
Closed to Miners

Dome 12 - Neconu (make use of the cost of this DNA spent)
DNA - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 5

Dome 13 - Merp & Berycled
Merp - Spawn Level 4, Maturity Level 10
Bery - Spawn Level 4, Maturity Level 10

Dome 14 - Snarksnot, Cornuacauda, Caud.
Snarksnot - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 10
Caud - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 10
Cornu - Spawn Level 0, Maturity Level 0

Dome 15 - Allopyhl (no threat to miners so)
DNA - Spawn Level 10, Maturity Level 10

Dome 16 - Dasplator, provide more variety of maturities - im sure it would be fun for those seasoned players
DNA - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 0
DNA - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 4
(ie might finally see some provider , guardian, dom ones)

Dome 17 - Uber Dasplator
DNA - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 10
DNA - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 7

Dome 18 - Argonaut (again my suggestion)
Argonaut - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 10
Cornoter. - Frozen

Dome 19 - Cornter & Atrox
DNA - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 5
DNA - Spawn Level 3, Maturity Level 8
Atrox - Spawn Level 3, Maturity Level 7

Dome 20 - Cornter & Atrox
DNA - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 0
DNA - Spawn Level 5, Maturity Level 3
Atrox - Spawn Level 3, Maturity Level 5

Again this maybe a better formula after reading alot of posts on this thread

Q : Why the Levels ?
A : New Land Management Settings Provide 10 Levels (0-10) for numbers and maturities in 10.1

Last edited:
Thanks Agis your feedback is very helpful.

In general I think the Spawns of interest are

1) Ambulimax Stalker
2) Miner Dome (Fungoids just too little hunter interest to bother with Spawn)
3) Miner Dome and Noob Hunting Dakiba
4) Miner Dome (Not enough Demand for Atrox Young)
5) Miner Dome + Snablesnot Stalker Exo Stalker

6) Caperons all maturities
7) Miner Dome
8) Miner Dome ( Not enough interest in Foul Leaders and trip Stalkers)
9) Miner Dome ( Atrax too common on planet)
10) Miner Dome + Prancer Plumatergus Max Maturity

11) Miner Dome (Little interest)
12) Miner Dome ( neconu not in demand)
13) miner Dome ( Berrys un loved)
14) Miner Dome + Caudertagus and Snarksnot Stalkers hard to find on planet)
15) miner Dome + Allophyl Max maturity and Spawn)

16) Dasp Young
17) Dasp Alpha - Stalker
18) Corno Young
19) Corno Stalker - Atrox Stalker
20) Corno Medium

This is the latest list based on consensus...
Keep posting to have your desires taken into account..
I will stay flexible ...

Miners Let me know if You are feeling Crowded...

1) Ambulimax Stalker
6) Caperons all maturities
16) Dasp Young
20) Corno Medium

Those are just perfect (Maxed spawn) i'm no big miner so i cant comment other dome, and those 4 fits my expectation even 19#

Awesome change with big ambu, cornoan/trox, and caperon switched to hunter setting :)

My 2c...

Put mob maturities not available (or readily available) on calypso, eg: guardian+ ambu, stalker prancers etc etc... it's a given the uniques stay, I wouldn't be one to suggest a maturity though (can only hunt up to prov corn/caper cannot hunt dasp).
No offence to anyone, but I personally think Miners should man up and carry a weapon! (I do!) :D

I'm at CND now, I came up here for the high mat molisk. Now, I'm disappointed and want to leave. I have had seventy eleven thousand people (hyperbole) asking me where to find molisk gatherer to leader close to a tp and outpost. So far the best bet is Livas or the LA close to Oshiri, but it still doesn't seem to be what most people want (nor I). I would LOVE a high mat molisk spot in one of the domes myself. There is no perfect spot on the planet atm, so you could really own this market.

HIGH MAT MOLISK! Gatherer-Leader. -- ty profit :)

Some high mat exa mixed in with the snabb's and snark's would be fun to try too.

Last edited:
Back