Montaque's Diary

Gaah this is getting out of control.. Today I had one of the best days in EU in a longtime & guess what!??
My ISP decides to have a real bad server day :rolleyes: My internet connection can't stay connected more than 5min before it has to be re-booted manually.
Is there no end to this misery :laugh:

Anyway back to the happy thoughts, as mentioned I had a great day untill the probs. No, I didn't get any globals/hofs my earlier whining haven't been bcause of that. It has been about loot in general etc.
Anyway today hunting loot & mining finds was like it used to b for me 3-4 months ago. Not great but I could easily manage a day or 2 without depositing hehhee
The difference was amazing, like someone switched the lights on in a dark room. So I'm very pleased today TY to who ever switched that knob, MA or my imagination .
later

yesterday was weird :scratch2: I made few hunting runs, got few glowballs :eek: All felt good. Still I managed to make a 500ped loss and this one I can't whine upon MA or any other thing. Nope, this 1 is a small mystery hehhee or maybe it is the clue to why I make them huge losses lately!
Well it is partially explaining the end results of my hunts etc.
Loots have sucked and that is a fact!! Ontop I have crafted 90% of the looted animal oils wich has given me same low return as hunting! So the pattern is quite obvious, isn't it??
Add a bit of bad luck & lack of time to make a little longer sessions + a few poorly chosen locations and VOILA!
U now have managed to get the impression of getting 5-10% return from every how ever little or big hunting run u make!
Before the animal oils was introduced I had a clear picture of the economy on my every hunt and when I decided to craft I bought the materials when I felt I could afford it. Today I "accidentally" craft whatever I can afford it or not and ..... say no moore :rolleyes:
later

This morning I read many threads I can recognize my own situation inside the virtual realms, both good & not so good.
It is depressing & unfortunate and most of all very bad PR for Mindark.Dunno how MA is going to handle all these negative experiences ppl seem to experience when they are back from their vacations. I figure the first few days wont b too much fun but hopefully things will settle.

Oh and today I have something positive to write in the diary!!
Me got sum glowballs :)
Nothing much a 85pedder and a 108pedder but swirling never the less gheehhee
Too bad they were a part in a 400ped loss hunting evening but lets concentrate on the positive :yay: Mr Montaque is getting glowies again
later

hey hey, haven't been whining in my diary for days now :scratch2: Why u ask ? Well been busy gettin em glowballs :wtg: hehhee The last days have really been like EU used to b for me and the way I handle my hunting. Haven't tried mining and maybe I should leave it at that for now, while hunting is fun.
Last night was maybe the coolest of these last few days, scored 5-6 glowballs in ca.3 h hunting. In general I scored 3-5 glowwies a day, largest 185ped but most 50-80ped. These havent generated any real profit but kept me hunting a lot more than I would otherwise and generating more income for MA. This is what I talk about.. If I loot a bit I sure as h**l will hunt more and MA & me both will b happy! I am not out there to make money just have sum fun and these last days I had fun! THX MA
later

See a pattern repeating in my diary entreis hehee
I looked back on previous entries for the 1:st time today and it doesn't look good!
Infact my diary looks exactly the way I figured it would and why I didn't start it earlier! Make sense?? :scratch2:
Well, I figured that if I started posting in a diary it would only b whining aso. After almost a year holding back on the diary thingy I decided to give it a shot anyway. I hoped I could make mature entries and not whining about every little thing that doesn't go my way. Seems allthou that my entries are like that so, I will try to improve on this or I quit the diary since it isn't intresting at all to read the way it is atm.
Hope it improves and same goes for my loot ;)
later

Not much have changed and my diary will stay quiet untill I have something positive to write about.
Maybe a completly new aproach :scratch2: dunno yet but the way it have been is way too boring.
Anyways... I havent searched yet but if I find a thread about avatar b4 & after VU pics I´ll post this again but untill then.... Here is Mr Montaque in da flesh b4 VU.

Seems there was a bit fuel left to make 1 more entry.

After 5-6 hours with the new appearence of avatars and equipment that came with VU9.0.
I have to say I have very mixed feelings of the new content.
First and most I have to make it very clear that I am very happy with this VU!
I have seen many VU's in past that got me more upset & sad.
As always nothing is perfect according to Mr. Montaque and this VU is no exeption. Why the heck the additional armor part?? :scratch2: Don't we have enough armors that aren't complete or atleast close to impossible to complete! I refuse to believe that by adding 1 more piece MA shows a very evil, greedy side. The new piece has no logical benefit as far as I can see. Only adding cost to all participants in first getting the part, then most ppl will need 1 more piece of plating to make the protection equal.
This makes 2 new parts that decay and generate income to MA. No benefit for participant!
Feel free to correct me and I will be 4-ever thankfull to the one that clears this matter for me!
I am not going to mention more than this short line about the 2:nd thing that bothers me from this VU!
2pec decay!!! WTF !!! Come on now :mad:

OMG I just realized as I checked last entry from me in the HOF section, that I have only had 2 Hofs in all 2007!!
The newest member in our soc. has had 2 ATH's for petes sake!
Me depositing 15k usd vs. him 0 usd / Me skills 160k + vs. him 10k
Scary isn't it!

Browsing the threads today I came to think about a very disturbing thought. Prolly next VU or later MA will include similar 2pec cost to furniture and all my beloved things I have in my house :eek: That will for sure give my EU economy such a major blow that I will be forced to sell all my belongins!
Dammit I re-decorate all the time and 99% of my furniture are lowest possible TT since I never wanted to bind too much ped to those items! Sofar it haas been great to own a house and a appartment but changes are comming and I am not looking towards that!
I guess many are thinking about this issue MA included and maybe MA decided to include these very costfull changes one at the time to stave sum of the negative reactions of the community.
So my bet is that when whining about the 2pec clothing/armor decay is fading out and silence of the ever forgivin community is restored, MA launches the next shock!

First of so no missunderstanding will occure. This post is just a reflection on what I have got tired of reading about in the forum. There is really no need for every person that feels a bit overlooked by sum change to EU to start a new thread and discussion.

:eek: I have yet again lost all the benefit of a good item. I can only hope it was simply forgotten by the team that design new items. My colorbleacher ME that used to be the most economical bleacher ig, sold for around +500ped at the auction & on many colorers wishlist. With introducing new (L) bleachers with superior economics & maybe even some sib or whatever.
OMG OMG my world is coming to an end, what should I do :scratch2:.
I know haras MA support and spam forum with threads and maybe even start a riot outside MA office. I live very close u know hehheee yeah thats what I do!
Anyone wanna join? ;)

OK... sarcasm can be a good way to blow steam, dunno if this was a good example! Actually I don't even feel the need for "steaming out" for a change I feel quite amused.
Mostly this VU shows that MA's changes are small compared to the amount of whining threads & both are within 2-3 weeks forgotten and life within EU goes on untill the next storm.

This morning I realised a new positive side of the new Banks!
No-one can say for 100% that things goes the way I hope and I havent thought it through from all angles either!
Anyway, as the banks arriving hype calms down we are going to see market value of our items more clearer than before and depending if the banks or the auction will be the stronger influence this can be very positive to everyone exept resellers!
Lets say a scenario where bank sets market value of a ME-35 rifle to 6-7k and ppl takes loans on that offer! Doesn't this kinda say that selling a ME-35 on auction for 16k becomes almost impossible or? am I going completly wrong about this?
Hmmmm I have to think of this a bit more but so far it kinda raises hope that even I could one day afford to buy a nice gun or sumthing...
I'll update when I have woken and had a cup with hot java

bah what a morning I'm havin :rolleyes:
Actually the diary should still remain silent but....
Anyways, finally I am back on track and making regular appereances in EU! Almost 6 months it took oh my... have I really been that busy?? :eek: I guess I have.
Sooo , whats up then? Hmmmm it didn't take long that I could be thankfull & happy with getting mr. montaque redone, this morning I realise he isn't that perfect as I been braggin :scratch2: He is a freak!! hehhee somehow his shoulders have gained loads of widht and now it looks quite abnormal. Dunno how this slipped through the appereance radar but now it is there and gotta be fixed! A job to sum "happy" beautician.

Oh almost forgot!! I've signed up to TEAM SWEDEN in WOF lets see how that works. There will most likely to be many very skilled avatars that hopefully signs up and it will be tough job for whomever becomes the captain to make the primary team with substitutes.
gotta run for now but I notice here is a topic I have to come back to...
later :)

Back