Morally offensive material (with poll)

Which do you think is the most morally objectionable:

• Total voters
ok, good thread.

Seriously, this IS an adult "game" and has been advertised as such. I have my beliefs and outlook on life and you have yours. There are things in this game I do find offensive. BUT...... I will not try to oppose my beliefs and outlook on life on others. If you really dont like what you see here, then dont play. Absolutely do NOT try to force your opinions and beliefs on me. There is no one putting a gun to your head forcing you to play here. If what you see doesnt fit you, yes you can talk to the devs about it, but DONT you dare demand they change anything to fit your beliefs and outlook. As adults, we are expected to act as adults. People all across the world play EU, and we must remember that. And with so many different beliefs and outlooks on life, we must adapt to the playing field if we want to continue being a participant in EU.

If seeing a penis/vagina is something that you cant handle as an adult, then EU is probably not for you.

PS.....I have had a 5th of rum, but this topic is a sore spot for me.

Windzor

I think the people playing entropia is the most offensive material we have.

I know people who have offensive names IRL.

No one has the right to force them to have their name changed, while it's easier IRL then in EU. So why should a policy be forced ingame, which does not exist outside of the game?

i wonder... can they refuse your use of a offensive ingame name if its ur real name that u want to use for say bussiness reasons....

for instance say the legal name on my drivers license was Harry Cocknballs McVag and i wanted my ingame name to be that ...

it would be kinda prejudice to deny somone use of a name simply because one language or way of life finds it offensive...

maybe id be offended that u were offended and want me to change my name just to fit in to your "morale standard" or whatev's

so now ur not alllowed to be offended by peoples names cause it might offend the person with the offensive name ... wow wait now im just confused...

Offensive is cultural related. A lot of stuffs in this poll are not morally offensive at all.

In Western Europe lol

If you take a lot around -> there are more offensive things in our cities.

You guys should check out the

Most Phallic Building contest

And remember the next time you go through a gate or exploring an artificial cave, a Grotto.

In the old ages -> that is how people used to say Bxxb Gxxl Jxxcy Wxt in an architectural way.

huhuh huhu huhuh If you really want a crusade -> try to bann those. Those are much large.

The biggest offensive matierals on earth.

I offend myself more than anything else. I've tried filing complaints, but nothing has helped - I still keep offending myself.

i wonder... can they refuse your use of a offensive ingame name if its ur real name that u want to use for say bussiness reasons....

for instance say the legal name on my drivers license was Harry Cocknballs McVag and i wanted my ingame name to be that ...

it would be kinda prejudice to deny somone use of a name simply because one language or way of life finds it offensive...

maybe id be offended that u were offended and want me to change my name just to fit in to your "morale standard" or whatev's

so now ur not alllowed to be offended by peoples names cause it might offend the person with the offensive name ... wow wait now im just confused...

There's a very well known (mostly because of his name) Brazilian geologist who's name is Reinhardt Adolfo Fuck. I'm not kidding. See this link

I've always wanted to cite Fuck et al. I wonder how he would go using his real name here.

I would say that if content is considered offensive by even 1 person then it should be considered for change/removal, otherwise ToU are useless ...

Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use (ToU)

2010-04-21

Entropia Universe is a virtual universe consisting of a number of virtual planetary systems (“Entropia Universe Planet”) created by different entities (“MindArk's Partner”).

The condition for Your participation in one or several Entropia Universe Planets is that You have a registered and approved Entropia Universe Account. In order to apply for an Entropia Universe Account You must accept the following Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use ("ToU" or "Agreement").

These ToU is an agreement between You, who wish to register an Entropia Universe Account and MindArk PE AB (“MindArk” including its subsidiaries and affiliates), the developer and owner of the Entropia Universe.

(...)

8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct

AS A PARTICIPANT IN THE VIRTUAL UNIVERSE OF THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ABIDE THE GENERAL COMMUNITY PRINCIPLES AND RESPECT THE FEELINGS AND RIGHTS OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS TO USE THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE RULES.

Please note that additional rules and policies may apply to each Entropia Universe Planet.

THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE account RULES OF CONDUCT INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING REGULATIONS:

a. You may not impersonate any person, including a MindArk’s employee, agent or affiliate or another Participant, or claim having association with MindArk if You do not really are/have one. You may not create any society in the Entropia Universe that would indicate such links.

b. You may not take any action, post, communicate, upload or otherwise use any content to threaten, harass, cause grief or distress to any of MindArk’s employees or agents or MindArk’s affiliate’s employees or agents in or outside the Entropia Universe, including, but not limited to, IRC channels or public web forums.

c. You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe.

d. You may not take any action, post, communicate, upload or otherwise use any content, including text, images and sounds, that MindArk, at its sole and absolute discretion determines to be sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, religiously or sexually offensive, hateful, vulgar, defamatory, libelous, harassing or threatening to another person or organization or otherwise objectionable. This includes communications in the Entropia Universe and in any other website or forum with connection to the Entropia Universe.

e. You may not register details on an Avatar hosting an explicit or implicit racist, hateful, degrading, religious, sexual or other form of offensive, illegal or otherwise objectionable alias.

f. You may not use the Entropia Universe, including the Entropia Universe System, the Entropia Universe website or Forum to commit, attempt to commit, support or communicate about any illegal activity and/or infringe any local, national or international laws or regulation intentionally or unintentionally, including without limitation, copyright, trademark or other proprietary right infringement, invasion of privacy, fraud, contrabands, narcotics, defamation, harassment, hacking or other cyber-crime.

g. You may not use the Entropia Universe to engage in any misleading or deceptive activity.

h. You may not create and/or join a society or a team within the Entropia Universe that are based on any sexist, racist, degrading, hateful or otherwise objectionable philosophy directed towards companies, persons or organizations.

i. You may not use the official Entropia Universe website and/or the Entropia Universe, including the Entropia Universe System, to provide or to facilitate access to or to distribute illegal software or materials, including software or materials that infringes MindArk’s or third party proprietary rights.

j. You must immediately report errors and bugs in the Entropia Universe to MindArk whenever You discover them. You may not “cheat” or otherwise neglect to report errors or bugs, use bugs, slow connection, Internet latency, or other 'exploits' for own benefits or for the benefit of others.

k. You may not spread any rumors, false or inaccurate information about MindArk, the Entropia Universe or MindArk’s Partners, associates, staff or affiliates, which MindArk consider, at MindArk’s sole discretion, to be potentially damaging, by using the Entropia Universe, IRC (chats) or any other public forums in any media, now known or not currently known, including but not limited to a web site.

l. You may not provide MindArk, MindArk’s Partners or affiliates, in the context of Your participation in the Entropia Universe, with false or inaccurate information, including false reporting to MindArk’s Support and false information during Account registration.

m. You may not post or convey any other Participants’ Personal Information and/or Login Details, in, on or outside the Entropia Universe.

n. Gambling activities are expressly forbidden in the Entropia Universe.

You are solely responsible for any information that You publish and/or provide to MindArk or to another Entropia Universe Participant in any communication medium, in or outside Entropia Universe, including without limitation, in public message forum, bulletin boards and IRC (chats). Regarding communication forums available in Entropia Universe, for example the “Participant Content System”, the “Global Ad System” and chat windows, You acknowledge that MindArk operates as a passive conduit for Your information and communications.

MindArk reserves the right to modify these Rules of Conduct any time.

YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THESE RULES AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THEM. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR REGISTERED ENTROPIA UNIVERSE ACCOUNT AND THESE SAME RULES APPLY TO ANYBODY YOU ALLOW TO USE YOUR ACCOUNT. All and any behavior, utterance or action in the Entropia Universe or in any of MindArk’s forum or website that MindArk, at it sole and absolute discretion, FIND TO be a violation of the Rules of Conduct could result in the Account being Banned or Terminated WITHOUT ANY CLAIMS WHATSOEVER.

I would say that if content is considered offensive by even 1 person then it should be considered for change/removal, otherwise ToU are useless ...

So if I find your name to be offensive because it means fuck in some obscure language, and report it to MA, then you're ok with that? How about if your name just reminds me of my ex-girlfriend who cheated on me, and it makes me feel bad? What if I just dislike you as a person, and find you altogether offensive? Do you think MA should ban you because of that?

I find your name offensive so now you should change your name ?

So if I find your name to be offensive because it means fuck in some obscure language, and report it to MA, then you're ok with that? How about if your name just reminds me of my ex-girlfriend who cheated on me, and it makes me feel bad? What if I just dislike you as a person, and find you altogether offensive? Do you think MA should ban you because of that?

thats right they should acording to JB

I pose another question as an answer. Who's morals do we go by? As pointed out earlier, they're often related to upbringing and the culture you live in. That makes them VERY subjective in my eyes. How do we conform to the different sets of morals that we have in game?

All the moral things in game should be easily be tweaked in options menu. The heck with it, slap a Parent restriction mode on it if kids insist on activating features unapropriate for them.
The's the big deal?
MA should rate stuff for instance PG, PG13, R, M. Movies were able to do so, so can a game.

MA should rate stuff for instance PG, PG13, R, M. Movies were able to do so, so can a game.

Ummm, they already have. The entire game is 18+

your a chips

then MA should study your case and decide accordingly to ToU
I also could fill a complain for ppl trying to ban my avatar by exploiting ToU

my point is: there are rules (ToU) so we must stick to those rules (including MA/FPC/ND) ... otherwise useless

Back