More latency and "failed" since last VU ?

The great Lag spikes are back today, numerous, and accompanied by their inseparable crowd of "failed"... :mad:

And I don't know if it's linked, but even radar was broken, half of mobs don't appears on it. :(

One more thing. When I am jumping from TP to TP and receiving PM(this must be a new PM- I cant have opened chat window with that person) while doing that game crashes very often(completely shut down and I am at desktop).

Exactly as described..
Lost a few battles over this.
Really annoying to say the least.
Not able to switch to FAP or Weapon in time.

If I'm not shooting it just locks up and freezes.
No RED messages just obscenities coming from my room....
Please FIX!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And while we're at it...

Whats up with map waypoints? I found last night when adding a waypoint to a map it appeared in completely the wrong spot. For example, clicking on the corner of a LA resulted in a wp appearing in the centre of the LA.
I like using waypoints when flying, but at this time they are not working for me.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar thing?

(I also checked my latency last night after being advised here how to do it. 175-180ms - to me that does not sound good. My location might have something to do with it :) )

proper coding in tradition of longterm excellence i sense, and they even call that kind of ugprades improvements. no wonder everyone goes bonkers sooner or later, it's just a matter of time.

looooooong time. 5$?

:girl:

cucumber code, i guess :silly2:

And while we're at it...

Whats up with map waypoints? I found last night when adding a waypoint to a map it appeared in completely the wrong spot. For example, clicking on the corner of a LA resulted in a wp appearing in the centre of the LA.
I like using waypoints when flying, but at this time they are not working for me.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar thing?

(I also checked my latency last night after being advised here how to do it. 175-180ms - to me that does not sound good. My location might have something to do with it :) )

When adding waypoint on map uncheck "View areas" ;)

Still same for me..

Barely playable, freezing lag spikes every minutes or so.. :(

Please MA feed the hamsters.

BTW I was wondering, are the data-upload servers in the same place as the game servers ?

Are we losing PED to decay when our avatar stops shooting but the mob still hits us? Or are the mob hits not truly registering? I have many times an hour where my gun stops shooting, but the Argo keeps running and attacking me. I lose HP, so I think it really is hitting me.

Are we losing PED to decay when our avatar stops shooting but the mob still hits us? Or are the mob hits not truly registering? I have many times an hour where my gun stops shooting, but the Argo keeps running and attacking me. I lose HP, so I think it really is hitting me.

Only armor decay, because u are not using the weapon. If u die go there quickly to finish the MOB, so u will get your armor decay in the loot.

A little bump for those of us who forget this issue hasn't been resolved yet... Is this ever going to get addressed?

Is the lag treating us fairly? It really feels like my avatar and weapon stop shooting while the mob continues to run towards me. Then, after the lag stops, I start shooting again and the mob is right there attacking me. So any advantage I had by shooting them from a distance is lost. Is this melee the best adaptation for this VU?

Is the lag treating us fairly? It really feels like my avatar and weapon stop shooting while the mob continues to run towards me. Then, after the lag stops, I start shooting again and the mob is right there attacking me. So any advantage I had by shooting them from a distance is lost. Is this melee the best adaptation for this VU?

No it's much worse than that.. the mob can actually still attack you (and kill you) and also regen while you are lagging.

Globally this costs users extra decay from regen, extra armor decay, extra tp chip or travel expenses from dying, etc... would be interesting to quantify how much extra revenue MA makes from not fixing this.

No it's much worse than that.. the mob can actually still attack you (and kill you) and also regen while you are lagging.

Globally this costs users extra decay from regen, extra armor decay, extra tp chip or travel expenses from dying, etc... would be interesting to quantify how much extra revenue MA makes from not fixing this.

You can bet it is quite a lot of increased revenue especially over the last month and a half of the playerbase cycling ped. If there was some sort of bug reducing players costs on the same scale, it would have been fixed very quickly...

You can bet it is quite a lot of increased revenue especially over the last month and a half of the playerbase cycling ped. If there was some sort of bug reducing players costs on the same scale, it would have been fixed very quickly...

Yep, been pretty surprised that the tinfoil hats haven't come out.. considering the very wave-like pattern of the lag, the timing of it being introduced as an economic crisis ramps up, and then MA blaming it on Coronavirus and then going silent about it for over a month with no updates or fix in sight.... PCF has let me down.

Last edited:
i just got "2 lags crashing." i bet we could make a movie with that title. starring tom hanks and punchy deniro. subtitled "it's not your fault."

Tried to do 100ped small kerb run and got disconnected 2x in the process plus game freezes for 1-2sec.

What is more, sometimes i get "unexpected error" when I try to type someting in chat window and afterthis F button does not work, cant get into the vehicle, cant shoot, nothing.

Also, Failed messages 3-5 in a row, "this avatar cannot be disciple" when i shoot mobs, mob can attack me, i cannot do anything.

Unplayable at this state.

I don't think that a:

“... Sci-Fi MMORPG, Multi-World, Real Cash Economy Experience”

Real Cash Economy game should have any lag. But that's just me.

Freja has been crashing a lot since the last big updates with the graphics (17?).

Personally and weirdly enough, I've had no real issues despite playing from the same room, same network at the same time. A couple of freezes and Failed spams, but mostly it's just my laptop being 10 years old and needing an upgrade.

Freja has been crashing a lot since the last big updates with the graphics (17?).

Personally and weirdly enough, I've had no real issues despite playing from the same room, same network at the same time. A couple of freezes and Failed spams, but mostly it's just my laptop being 10 years old and needing an upgrade.

The constant Failed spam and freezing is the issue I see everyone complaining about. Probably nothing to do with your laptop being 10 years old.

Its getting unbearable and getting worse... A few years ago we had rubberbandindg issues and was compensated with a skillboost event, seriously hope we get one this time to because the mobs certainly dont have any latency just hitting away.
If there was an issue that affected MA it would be hotfixed within the hour. I still cant merge all my stacks, its been months now and the textures is still not optimal (my smuggler coat looks like shite).

When??

This question is for some Mindark officer. Are you planning to eliminate this lag? When? (It is unbearable) :mad::mad:

I Just had to end my hunt, because I lag to death once every 5 minutes. If the mobs lagged aswell it would be more fair.. But they dont.. When i fail they queue up 5 hits that hits me once lag stops..

remember the time when MA appeared to be concerned with the lag. They invited us to participate in the stress tests. nowadays, i think somehow they might be thinking the lag is good for their bottom line or beer fund. but unhappy players are not the way yo. i would be happier if MA even just pretended to care anymore...sigh

Yes it's been real bad, frequent spikes and then you die because you couldn't heal. Then you TP or fly back and mob has regen and you have to heal = all COSTING US PLAYERS PEDS

*edit* By the way I sent this reply on March 23rd and it just now posted

Conviniently they blame the pandemic and the broader use of internet for the lag... just like politicians that make up all sorts of regulations and "new" ways of calming/frightening/controlling the public.

But we all know that these spikes were here since last year.

And yeah, Its getting worse.

I cant image for a new player with no financial involvment to keep playing this crap. I would delete the shit in an hour.

Cheers,
Robo.

Is very easy... two years ago, the lag was enormeus, and a good day, MA says: "We cancelled all other projects, like Cryptocoins"... and the lag was gone... So, i think MA use the servers for another tasks, and the lag for other task like the game grows up... its logical, any hardware technicians can say it...

Then, now... what kind of hidden projects are in the background, taking our process time and make the lag grows???

Back