More loot for the new players.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I have been doing some hunting of punies and have made quite a few runs, I would say over 20 and maybe 30. What I have found is the loot is awful. It does not bother me that much because I have reason to hunt them and they are not my major mob I like to hunt so the loot is not my purpose for hunting them.

I usually do 20 ped runs and with the equipment I am using (Mod Merc lol) I estimate I kill between 250-300 per run depending on the ammo I get in loot. Of all the runs I have profited 3 or maybe 4 times and the rest of the time 25 to 30 percent on most all of the runs. I also noticed almost all of the weapons, like 99% are laser type plus the B101 amp.

I think this is hard on the new player and makes him/her feel that this game is only here to get the money fast as they can. Now let me say that only a fool would think that MA is doing this for fun but 25-30 percent at a time is a little much and especially for new players. New players are the way to keep the game going strong and losing them in the first couple of weeks will really hurt the game.

What I would like to see is a little looser loot on punties. Not to guarantee to profit on every run but more than 10% of the time and little higher return than 70-75 percent on a losing run. I remember MA saying, when the shrapnel was introduced, they could adjust the drops up or down (Not sure why that would make us happy). And I would like some BLP weapons like the Rubio, Azuro, EWE EP-2 proton and B101 amp.

I have no fantasy about this is going to happen but I do think it might help the new player to stick around longer.

Oh, BTW for all of you that have got many BLP weapons in loot on the punties that's fine I just have not.

I usually do 20 ped runs and with the equipment I am using (Mod Merc lol) I estimate I kill between 250-300 per run depending on the ammo I get in loot.

I don't know what punnies you're hunting, but it's very likely that you have quite a lot of overkill with your Mod Merc, and that is very possible the reason for your abysmal results. Personally, I constantly had 90%+ return rates on all punnies I've hunt.

unless you've been killing cyrene punies... Wha? the mod merc average damage is like 46 meaning you overkill 12pec a kill... i'm going to assume you didn't really use a EWE EP-40 Mercenary Modified

but regarding punies, using PLP0 or Chon i do find most runs sit in the 75-90% mark with occasional 120%+

I usually do 20 ped runs and with the equipment I am using (Mod Merc lol)

This is your problem right here...mod merc does like what 33.5-67 damage? and your hunting punies? For every shot you take you could kill between 2-6 punies depending on which ones you are hunting.

When i hunt punies using tt pistol (without amp) i end up with between 85-110% per 100 ped run. Which usually falls in line with what happens hunting any mob with a somewhat ok setup. Granted i could get better returns by improving what gear i use on them, but usually when i hunt punies i'm just doing it cause i'm having a bad loot on higher mobs and still want to shoot something but limit costs.

...I usually do 20 ped runs and with the equipment I am using (Mod Merc lol) I estimate I kill between 250-300 per run depending on the ammo...

Shirley, you can't be serious. That's like hunting cockroaches with a Deagle, lol.

Seems like mod was a joke, hence lol. Seriously though... been saying long time every planet needs a copy paste of bar fight instance on r.t. with same hp mobs

Why would youhunt punnies on Caly,unless you are extremely bored?imho they are a waste of time and peds to get bone samples and get 1 agi point...

I think you're probably giving them all the help they need tbh. Just don't try to offer them any advice or anything.

Really people ? Only one of you realized I was joking, thank you Mastermesh you got it. I use a gun that does 5 damage. I also knew that someone would be getting plenty of loot but I am just telling you my experiences. Anyway I still think there should be a little help.

I have been doing some hunting of punies and have made quite a few runs, I would say over 20 and maybe 30. What I have found is the loot is awful.

I usually do 20 ped runs and with the equipment I am using (Mod Merc lol).

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

OP, it seems you want MA to make puny loot better. All that will do is encourage the newbs to stay hunting at that level and more non-newb players to hunt the punies as well. Anyway, I'm all for making the game newb friendly in order for them to get accustomed to the gameplay mechanics and introduction to all the possibilities out there, but there eventually comes a point when noobs are going to need to get past all the free hand outs from both MA and other players and pull themselves up by their own bootstraps and find their way.

If a newb can't hack it or finger things out with all the help and resources already available, then they are prolly better off finding a new game or coming back some other time. Sink or swim. No need to make the game more of a nanny state than it already is.

Little help for the new players would be a daily mission to sell their sweat to npc, if reached a certain level/done certain missions requirement, and a limit of XXk per day at 2 ped / k in Universal ammo.

This is your problem right here...mod merc does like what 33.5-67 damage? and your hunting punies? For every shot you take you could kill between 2-6 punies depending on which ones you are hunting.

When i hunt punies using tt pistol (without amp) i end up with between 85-110% per 100 ped run. Which usually falls in line with what happens hunting any mob with a somewhat ok setup. Granted i could get better returns by improving what gear i use on them, but usually when i hunt punies i'm just doing it cause i'm having a bad loot on higher mobs and still want to shoot something but limit costs.

Just wondering if the do the entire 100 ped run at once or break it up. With a similar weapon it takes me about 30-40 minutes for a 20 ped run so it seems it would take two and a half to 3 hours to complete yours. Just wondering. BYW I noticed the stats on the TT pistol and I may change. I can not remember, but I don't think the stats where that good for the TT pistol when I started, they where more like the Sollomate Opalo at Damage/PEC: 2.748 HP the pistol DPP is almost 3 and better than the pistol I am using.

Thanks.

Little help for the new players would be a daily mission to sell their sweat to npc, if reached a certain level/done certain missions requirement, and a limit of XXk per day at 2 ped / k in Universal ammo.

i like that idea, even if its 1k/1.5 ped of UA. it even sets a base value of sweat

I have been doing some hunting of punies and have made quite a few runs, I would say over 20 and maybe 30. What I have found is the loot is awful. It does not bother me that much because I have reason to hunt them and they are not my major mob I like to hunt so the loot is not my purpose for hunting them.

I usually do 20 ped runs and with the equipment I am using (Mod Merc lol) I estimate I kill between 250-300 per run depending on the ammo I get in loot. Of all the runs I have profited 3 or maybe 4 times and the rest of the time 25 to 30 percent on most all of the runs. I also noticed almost all of the weapons, like 99% are laser type plus the B101 amp.

I think this is hard on the new player and makes him/her feel that this game is only here to get the money fast as they can. Now let me say that only a fool would think that MA is doing this for fun but 25-30 percent at a time is a little much and especially for new players. New players are the way to keep the game going strong and losing them in the first couple of weeks will really hurt the game.

What I would like to see is a little looser loot on punties. Not to guarantee to profit on every run but more than 10% of the time and little higher return than 70-75 percent on a losing run. I remember MA saying, when the shrapnel was introduced, they could adjust the drops up or down (Not sure why that would make us happy). And I would like some BLP weapons like the Rubio, Azuro, EWE EP-2 proton and B101 amp.

I have no fantasy about this is going to happen but I do think it might help the new player to stick around longer.

Oh, BTW for all of you that have got many BLP weapons in loot on the punties that's fine I just have not.
MindArk would be smart to consider your points. But I'd be very surprised if they read this forum. It's still fun to discuss this stuff between players, though.

Personally I favor dramatically reducing the variability in return from punys, and pinning its average a lot closer to 98% than it is. New players are still getting the feel of the game, getting oriented, deciding whether the game is any good. Letting them spend some more time having silly fun, is smart marketing.

I've noticed that a lot of one type of weapon will drop in a long-ish streak, then a lot of some other type. This holds for me regardless what I hunt. For example, on different days, prospectors have given me all laser, all blp, all mindforce, all scopes/sights, and all Melee Trauma 4 (L) (the biggest reason I hunt them is that last one). The pattern holds for everything I hunt, I just choose prospectors as my example because they're such a steady grind.

i like that idea, even if its 1k/1.5 ped of UA. it even sets a base value of sweat

Meh. :handjob: Galactica already set a base rate for sweat by letting sweat crates be auctioned.

I'd rather see this idea recooked into something similar but which does not involve sweating.

Just wondering if the do the entire 100 ped run at once or break it up. With a similar weapon it takes me about 30-40 minutes for a 20 ped run so it seems it would take two and a half to 3 hours to complete yours. Just wondering. BYW I noticed the stats on the TT pistol and I may change. I can not remember, but I don't think the stats where that good for the TT pistol when I started, they where more like the Sollomate Opalo at Damage/PEC: 2.748 HP the pistol DPP is almost 3 and better than the pistol I am using.

Thanks.

They weren't. All the TT stuff got an eco boost at some point, to where it's all competitive now even at level 35, and the pistol is the star of that show. I love it - it amounts to a versatile, high eco gun at 100% market value, in unlimited supply! At some point I may just key every key on my numpad to a TT pistol and go get lost somewheres.

OP, it seems you want MA to make puny loot better. All that will do is encourage the newbs to stay hunting at that level and more non-newb players to hunt the punies as well. Anyway, I'm all for making the game newb friendly in order for them to get accustomed to the gameplay mechanics and introduction to all the possibilities out there, but there eventually comes a point when noobs are going to need to get past all the free hand outs from both MA and other players and pull themselves up by their own bootstraps and find their way.

If a newb can't hack it or finger things out with all the help and resources already available, then they are prolly better off finding a new game or coming back some other time. Sink or swim. No need to make the game more of a nanny state than it already is.

I don't think no matter what most newbs will want to move on to the big HOFs, I know I did. I could hardly wait until I could get to troxies. When I started they did not have punies but very low lvl mobs, snabbies and the like. Anyway the loot was much better back then but I still depoed all the time. I like to hunt punies to relax and so on. I would never even think of going back to full time even if I could make something it just would not be enough, But that is not really purposing. In Las Vegas slot machines are set to pay off at a certain rate and its about 98%. For each dollar put in it pays back 98 cents but the turn over is huge. Now they don't necessarily pay the person that puts the money in but someone gets it. All I am saying is to do something along the same line, don't take all in money in 3 or4 runs let it last awhile, just like they did me and I am here 10 years now.

yeah sounds very good idea ask for changes 12 days before they will change the entire loot system...

:guide:

Last edited:
I usually do 20 ped runs and with the equipment I am using (Mod Merc lol)

Do not complain about loot if you do that.
This is extreme overkill, you can 1-2 shot kill punie with a z12 barbarella, why use a MM ????

This is extreme overkill, you can 1-2 shot kill punie with a z12 barbarella, why use a MM ????

I guess you posted after reading the first post and nothing, That was a JOKE.

yeah sounds very good idea ask for changes 12 days before they will change the entire loot system...

:guide:

Did I miss something again ? Who said that was going to happen ?

Because he play very eco. He mentioned MM but didn't say that he use enhancers on his MM T 10 - that's 10 enhancers less and also he didn't mentioned of using hyper charged amp 204 or scope and laser sights with magic crit . So that is a lot of eco and a lot less overkill.

But he mentioned to do 20 ped run and that is the decisive factor knowing that single shoot with clean MM take 1800 ammo + decay. So to run with 20 peds it is super eco as he can burn those 20 peds fast, log off and enjoy other things without having trouble with shooting same mobs for long boring time. And time is money therefore he was eco lol.

Because he play very eco. He mentioned MM but didn't say that he use enhancers on his MM T 10 - that's 10 enhancers less and also he didn't mentioned of using hyper charged amp 204 or scope and laser sights with magic crit . So that is a lot of eco and a lot less overkill.

But he mentioned to do 20 ped run and that is the decisive factor knowing that single shoot with clean MM take 1800 ammo + decay. So to run with 20 peds it is super eco as he can burn those 20 peds fast, log off and enjoy other things without having trouble with shooting same mobs for long boring time. And time is money therefore he was eco lol.

You are so smart to know how I play, you must be as eco a player as I am. And dare I say way as smart as me lol.

I sure did miss that one. I usually try to read the release notes but have not read the dev notes hardly at all I guess I should.

Without going into great detail about all the BS spouted there (I hope they are right but that remains to be seen) I would like to know one player that has complained about having ammo in the loot, just one ! That is like all the players that wanted to have the mobs stay visible after killing them for a longer period of time. What a load of crap, I did a poll and not one player said he/she asked for that to happen, MA's comment "We heard you" yea right. MA says that it will be much better and I hope so, however the last time they touted a big GOOD change was the Cry engine and the loot went straight down and that was 2010 and has not recovered as far as I know.

This is just my opinion but after ten years and all the good that MA says they are going to do just makes me wonder.

I would like to know one player that has complained about having ammo in the loot, just one !

I did.

I like to track exactly my costs, loots, returns, and in order to properly do that without starting ammo getting mixed with looted ammo was to use universal ammo and that forced me to continuously look for shrapnel which for someone who hates trading was inconvenient. This way, without ammo in loot, I'll just buy my cells from TT and track those.

Also, a side effect would be that without recycling caused by using looted ammo, people's estimations on their returns would be more accurate, so we'll prolly see less of those people complaining about 50%-60%-70% return rates which are impossible if tracking is done correctly.

I suspect that lack of ammo in loot will cause some to actually spend less because they won't keep cycling... Something I, and I think a lot of other folks have started doing lately, is depositing via webshop purchases, which gets you universal ammo... which you then have to hunt with to convert in to other forms of ammo, shrapnel, etc.

A lot of that ammo and shrapnel gets TTed. I usually was using that stuff to repair armor and weapons, especially on the melee side since there's no real webshop option for melee users.

If that stuff isn't in the loot it will up the markup on the stuff you do get, but it'll keep folks from TTing the loot they got (ok they'll still TT the 103% and less stuff like muscle oil, but be a bit more reluctant to do that than TTing ammo that has no markup)... fewer things being sold to the TT will mean fewer folks cycling til next deposit time I suspect... time will tell what impact that will have on the economy. It could ultimately result in lower returns for Mindark and in a few months all of the CLD owners will be bitching even louder than they usually do, lol... of course, smart for MA to make this move mid-summer before regular end of year upswing.

Back