More stealth options for PVP

PVP options (see post)

• Total voters
I think the ONE thing that makes PvP in Toxic Zones a farce is the fact that PK'ers can drag your HP bar to their screen then wait till they "pop" into your area & auto-target etc. What sort of a challenge is that? what skills/talent does that require? NONE...

Make it so the Avatar HP Bars are NOT dragable in PvP toxic zones. Require the PK'ers to use some skill or hand-eye coordination rather than simply click2kill...

This & this alone would see many more miners take the risk, as it is now we stand little to no chance of survival (especially since Focus is STILL not returned to the game).

Just my 2 bobs worth.

How should FAIRNESS be included in "invisibility" development ?

Hi,

In reading some of the posts here, I can't help feeling that "INVISIBILITY" - whenever it does become a FEATURE not a bug, that it may just become yet another EXPENSIVE (thus out of reach of most) item / function that only UBBER's with peds can afford - just like high level armour protection (Eon etc), or wormhole,resurrection, or TP chips with TP home on them, if it is introduced as a new MIND FORCE function.

Obviously I am biased as I have an Umbra suit and of course would like the suit to mean more than mere appearance (at one stage I genuinely believed Umbrs suits would be a "key" into the Orbs - not so - leastways not yet).

YET - such a release of a very (currently) limited number of suits into EU (no one has challenged me on my estimate of 11 suits) DOES lend itself to a very fair current introduction of INVISABILITY with of course - a continued relatively "available to all" release of further suits.

Such "fairness" which has an OBVIOUS bias on my part of equalising the massive gap between an UBBER on one hand, and a NOOB developing up the line on the other hand (metorphorically speaking - woof !!) - is - IMHO - what we should have.

FAIRNESS ??? - is this REALLY a valid concept in an RCE (real cash economy) system ???

As a pensioner - my finances (RL and VL) are extremely limited - I am very conscious that if INVISIBILITY does NOT become a feature of the Umbra suit, then invisibility remains forever out of my reach.

Having tasted the FUN FACTOR of INVISIBILITY, I am very reluctant to lose it !!

I cannot of course explore the "profitability" factor in being invisible as this would indeed "exploit a bug for profit" and thus contravene the ToS.

With that in mind, I declared that PvP RED zones whilst invisible are out of bounds for me (what is the point of getting killed at 5ped a time for the vaccination when we cannot risk killing a green dot ourselves ? !!).

Having just returned from the Oil Rig where I again modified my behaviour pattern so as to continue my "spooking" of a certain bully boy Ava there - I am reasonable confident that INVISIBILITY will NOT give us such a major advantage in the financial sense - NOT being able to put on armour items without that armor item partially exposing us, is indeed a major MAJOR draw back - IT SHOULD REMAIN SO.

If MA are considering "invisibility armour" (mentioned in a post above - somewhere) then it would seem that MA are prepared to give armoured protection AND invisibility at the same time - is this a FAIR way ? - IMHO - no.

I sign off as a rarely ever seen:

(serious) Aussie DOG !!

Last edited:
I think someone owning an umbra suit started this thread trying to keep his invisability. It all should be removed No invis keep radar active as is no tricks as this is real money were playing with here. I think I would have to punch out of game for good if someone PK me with a HoF of ores on me in PvP4 that was invis due to a bug... Even if it wasn't a bug where is the fair gameplay in someone looting you that you can't see?

Wana be PKs will try to ruin the game play and fun for everyone!!!

Ya maybe because it is insanely hard to get miners now.. Something like this would be great and has been reccomended many times in the last few years.

Of course you can get away from pkers now, a monkey wearing a tutu would be able to get away from a pker with the zone currently as it is. You basically want no risk, which isn't what lootable pvp should be about. You take time to mine, and we as pkers take time to mine you. You make money from your time, we don't make money unless we can mine you. Can't wait until the day that i blast you with 200+ peds :)

Your mother will/is roll(ing) in her grave if she hears her poor son is giving up the honest life and becoming a common thug! :laugh:

Well, thug mentality aside, if you want to allow people be invisible on radar, sneak up behind a miner when (s)he is extracting, and blow them up with 1 hit from a 350damage rocket, what you will get is not a happy pker, but rather an empty pvp4. Currently, the only reason I mine pvp4 is the higher chance of out of ordinary finds. The normal markup is better in many other places, and there is no risk at all. Once Manic Miner is over, I'd have to be an idiot to bother mining in pvp4 even if MA decided tomorrow to turn lootable pking OFF. If you want to increase risk in pvp4, go ahead, but you're not going to get the conclusion you are aiming for, but rather the opposite.

Ya maybe because it is insanely hard to get miners now.. Something like this would be great and has been reccomended many times in the last few years.

Of course you can get away from pkers now, a monkey wearing a tutu would be able to get away from a pker with the zone currently as it is. You basically want no risk, which isn't what lootable pvp should be about. You take time to mine, and we as pkers take time to mine you. You make money from your time, we don't make money unless we can mine you. Can't wait until the day that i blast you with 200+ peds :)

Sorry, can't help it. This post is too rich :)

"Ya maybe because it is insanely hard to get salarymen now.. Something like this would be great and has been reccomended many times in the last few years.

Of course you can get away from thugs now, a monkey wearing a tutu would be able to get away from a thug with the law currently as it is. You basically want no risk, which isn't what life should be about. You take time to work, and we as thugs take time to jump you. You make money from your time, we don't make money unless we can jump you. Can't wait until the day [guns become legal] that i blast you for 200+$ :)"

I would like to see some of the following for PVP:

- Invisibility cloak (renders player invisible to others - note we allready have this in game as a bug on umbra suit)

- Radar blackout (a drink or something worn that can black out your green dot on radar)

- Health Bar blackout (again some drink or cloak that can remove your health bar)

Could make it so that you can have one or two of the above but not all three ;)

We allready have a Umbra Suit in game that allows invisibility but it's a bug and will probably be removed. Vote above on what youy like to keep.
In this case MindArk- Please give me about 10000 of newly developed Antipersonnel Claymore Mines(L).. ill be dropping those everywhere inside the zone..
or give any miner entering zone 12 duplicate lootable "ghosts" appearing random places in zone..
Baras,Silver,Akishaz,Root-seriously dedicated miners camping zone day and night.. kinda few for such huge area, isnt it.?
Even with radar it takes crapload of time to find single GD anywhere away from single jump range from tp/outpost.No thank you.

Probably should be going to sleep after searching green dots for three hours and wasting 2k of ME in process

Last edited:
ah - so many posts of the "let's keep everything running as it is" variety :laugh:

Would that life itself was that simple.

Change is inevitible.

:D Do NOT get an OLD man of 70 started on "changes in RL" - you have been warned :yay:

My Ava name says it all:

(Carefree Dog Youngnott) Aussie DOG !!

Something as simple as crouch or prone stances would be very nice ... Stealthy the 'old fashioned' way. :p

Something as simple as crouch or prone stances would be very nice ... Stealthy the 'old fashioned' way. :p

or lying on the ground and crawling on ground. I think these are in the pipeline. No idea on when but at some stage more movements would be added. I think Marco made a comment about that once, unless i am mistaken.

i think there should be no pvp zones for nbs i always get killed at treasure island and outback.

we have radar blackout at rig ...:yay:

nice to see MA implement that, gives a whole new dimension to the rig area.

:yay::yay::yay:

Now keep whining threads when you get shot to a minimum ;)

we have radar blackout at rig ...:yay:

nice to see MA implement that, gives a whole new dimension to the rig area.

GREAT - um .. well also DAMN - I am feeling so terribly tired (RL problems !)

BUT ....

INVISIBILITY ....

AND ....

NO GREEN DOT at the Oil Rig ???

I HAVE TO log back in again before I lose invisibility !!

Phantom DOG of the Oil Rig...
- will haunt and spook his favourite UBBER BULLY BOY again !!

(grab some oil whilst there ? - NOT INTERESTED !!)

(a very boyish) Aussie DOG !!

HaHa - seems RADAR is switched off - I see an Atrox (physically) but NO red dot - now THAT makes PvP REALLY interesting :yay:

Still very CAUTIOUSLY approaching the oil rig - stand by for further updates !!

(A trembling but - oh so excited) Aussie DOG !!

Last edited:
DAMN - an Atrox - oh so close to my PREVIOUSLY planned approach - DYNAMIC decision making on the hop :yay:

:yay: Doggie just got killed - but not by my Ubber Bully Boy !! - I was just about to write this (on another PC) when I noticed my games PC develop that - oh so familiar - red look !!

TACTICS - STRATEGY - and on the hop thinking - just what we need to spice up PvP :yay:

I was invisible - my downfall ? -most likely a watch dog scanning for invisible players - he was NOT on the list of Ava's who's health bars I had dragged out. He may even have been patrolling the oil rig catwalks - INTERESTING !!

My reaction to being killed ? - :wtg: STEALTH is great but it sure does need better strategies than I am using :rolleyes:

This has indeed SIGNIFICANTLY increased my interest in PvP - My aim is to use STEALTH to get to wherever I want to go - killing ? - it is part of PvP but my interest is in doing what I can to get stealth to work better for me.

SUMMARY ?

THIS is the way PvP development SHOULD go - the big boys STILL have the advantage but .... I / we can have so much fun - if we are killed - try try again.

Of course - I now have a problem - my health bar is most likely out there and it is pointless trying again until either a server reset (a guaranteed loss of dragged out health bars) or await normal logout of said Ava's (a high risk assumption)

Oh well - my RL problems have been forgotten for a while - RELAXATION - ESCAPISM - FUN - and a LOVE of my EU VL - has been significantly enhanced :yay:

a
(happy HAPPY H A P P Y-& invisible) Aussie DOG !!

Last edited:
Having experienced the above - I EMPHATICALLY believe that "INVISIBILITY" should remain as it is - i.e. UNABLE to put on armour without each item being exposed - same as with weapons or any other "exposed" item(s).

This resulted in me being killed with ONE shot from a Plasma - but that is how it should be. The choice is mine - armoured or stealth but not both at the same time.

ofc - if INVISIBILITY is declared as a FEATURE then I will start to explore STEALTH travel to destination - followed by ARMOURD attack.

Ha Ha - of course I NOW have to find someone who will let me borrow Eon armour (or such like high level protection) soooo.....

Anyone GULLIBLE enough to trust a still...

(Flea infested) Aussie DOG !!

I have to explore what happens to my health bar - I can drag out others but after revival I was chatting with another Ava and he said that he thought it was me that had been killed.

THAT is a somewhat strange statement IF my health bar can be either seen or dragged out - but - HEY - let us NOT know too much about what is and what is not - WE do need a challenge - well - ok - YOU need a challenge - I prefer to KNOW - WOOF !!

He He - I'm back at the oil rig - in spite of the roaming Atrox - and more importantly - in spite of the heavily armoured and weaponed patrol I spotted on the Oil Rig catwalks !!

He was not aware of my presence but I failed to drag out his health bar before he disappeared on his patrol.

Obviously EVERYONE is on HIGHTENED alert and I guess TEAMING is the way to go at the Oil Rig now - how else can one survive in a DISABLED radar PvP area so prone to so many approaches and sniper positions :yay:

Unfortunately that is as far as I could make it tonight (Aussie time), RL has caught up with me again and I MUST get some shuteye. YUCK - with Xmas so close I have things that I need to do in RL too !!

THAT means a long delay before I can again log on with the intention of .... well ... we all have to use our imagination sometime - so - nuff said !!

Ofc - when I log on I may be totally exposed as - instead of declaring Umbra suit invisibility as a FEATURE - the "bug" has been fixed.

If I'm ok - there - I may STILL be a quick and juicy meal - descending fast into the jaws of the roaming Atrox !!

Which of course raise another question - Can Atrox ascend the Oil Rig catwalks ? !!

So - how do I sign off this time ? ....

dunno !!

This sure is an (Aussie ?) DOG's Life !! :D

PvP is good as it is now, maybe you should change/upgrade ur self instead...

I thought of this before, I think it would be cool.

P.S... never mind :D

just deztrysh teh radar!

I thought of this before, I think it would be cool.

P.S... never mind :D

It is very likely that until CE2 was released, it was just not possible to keep adding new facilities - the old system was already groaning at every corner.

Add to that the ENORMOUS effort that had to be put into the "transfer" of the old and into CE2 - with, most likely, serious problems of compatability etc. it is to me hardly surprising that we are only starting to see these changes now.

I say the above without any knowlege of gaming engines - I base it on the massive effort in converting very large commercial applications into more modern (in those days !!) "engines" (for the sake of a meaningful word for all).

ALWAYS such an effort had users complaining about loss of many features in the old - only to have similar or vastely improved features - EVENTUALLY - in the new.

IMHO - if MA had NOT made the transition to CE2 - then EU would have stagnated and eventually died.

YES - it is a pain the the butt to have to replace our STILL usable desktop PC's for top end games / graphics PC's but the way is always FORWARD.

GOOD GRIEF - when I first entered the computer field, it was back in the days when DISCREET TRANSISTORS had just replaced GLASS VALVES - memory was core memory - ferrite beads with 3 wires through each one.

NEVER EVER could we have imaged what we have now - for me it is a privilage to experience such rapid and interesting changes !!

I am completely confident that when my turn comes in RL, I will be able to die WITH a big grin of satifaction on my face !!

Aussie DOG !!

Sequel to my logging off at the Oil Rig.

logged on and found myself STILL invisible - checked the immediate area for danger - none that I could see. Then spent the next 1.5 hours in stealth mode (invisible) moving around the areas but keeping clear of the real focus - the source of oil.

An interesting experience in stealth mode - a bit disconcerting to find someone TP very near to you - in full armour and weapon at the ready, yet find that they are not aware of your presence. It was hard to stand my ground and not be intimidated !! - In fact I did NOT stand my ground - I moved away to ensure that my eyes were not seen.

Ofc - I will explain away the above example of DOG being spooked to DOG being nice enough to NOT spook another Ava with my eye balls - wooof !!

Saw quite a few patrols on the cat walks but I remained undiscovered.

I get the impression that collecting oil there is sooooo BORING that the killing of fellow Ava's is more to break such bordom.

Saw my Ubber bully boy um... "friend" (!!) and was a tad surprised to see him without armour but with FAP at the ready - I was almost tempted to see what I could do with my Dragons Breath (blade) but decided that it was more beneficial to continue exploring STEALTH mode.

With so many patrols on the catwalks and an unknown number running to and fro on the ground - I suspect that the Ubber Bully Boy stance was more of a "bait" - not swollowed by me but he did get killed by another Ava with a "not so high powered" rocket launcher.

Again - no one has challenged my estimate of 11 Umbra suits (approx). It sure does lend itself to making a few more available - but how ?

Well we've seen Hunters get their's by hunting - though mine came from buying the two ingredients from auction. - so why not have a few made available through mining and also crafting - should be easy to declare that Umbranoid technology was spread far and wide by the massive explosion that created our new CE2 Calypso.

Reasoning ? - a better chance that EXISTING suits are declared with a FEATURE of invisibiliy !!

Eventually I ran back to the TP - but will be back at the oil rig after checking something else.

Meanwhile I may need to raise a support case as my Condo has been burgled and all 120 / 120 items reduced to zero - probably a bug - but maybe - just maybe this is PUNISHMENT for declaring myself as Phantom DOG of the Oil Rig !!

(the boy in DOG continues unrestrained) Aussie DOG !!

Thank you KIND BURGLAR - you have taken pity on a poor DOG and returned my Condo furniture !! (therefore NO support case). I DID log out and in before I wrote the above - this time I was logged out for a while and when I logged in all furnishing was back again.

YES - and item count is NOT zero but 120/120 - GO FIGURE that one !!

Last edited:
OK - To summarise:

- Umbra suit is (currently !!) STEALTH / INVISIBLE mode when ever and where ever it is worn.

- the PvP yellow zone for the Oil Rig - RADAR is "jammed". NO dots of any colour appear on the jammed radar.

- other PvP yellow zones - RADAR is NOT jammed - red dots are seen but too few Ava's to validate "green dots cannot be seen".

- PvP RED zones - reasonably confident that RADAR is NOT jammed but no evidence of this for me as I was reluctant to go too far into the area - I did not see any RED dots, but neither did I see Mobs. Did not see green dots either - but I doubt that was due to radar jamming - I am just NOT prepared to risk 5ped each time I am wrong !!

end of summary !!
Phantom DOG of the Oil Rig will continue to ... well ... try to ... haunt / freak out those who seem to be UBBER BULLY BOYS - yet I remain - just soooo - not interested in killing nor taking oil.

Of course - I am now convinced that the psychology of the "bully boy Ava's" (ubber may be too high a rank in realistic terms) is worthy of further study - LOVING IT. Particularly when I have so many RL problems that I have the added advantage of NOT visiting all that often - thus adding to the "haunt / freak / spook" factor against my chosen "targets".

WOOOF !! and WOOOF again - just for ... baiting my prey ? !!

Will we EVER see the oil rig available for the venturous Noob - to take a little oil and make a few ped - just to kindle continued interest in EU ? - somehow I DOUBT that - YET it would be a very just reward for getting through the maurouding Mobs which are so incredibly dangerous to noobs.

My WORST NIGHTMARE ? - becoming an UBBER BULLY BOY as I develop my skills - THAT would betray the REAL me.

Aussie DOG !!

PS I may not post much more - it detracts from the purpose of this thread - but I thank you all for allowing me to post - I am confident that my adversaries have either read or heard of my postings - THAT amplifies the "spook" factor !!

How is a miner more likely to be attacked if he is invisible, doesn't appear on radar and has no health bar? :scratch2:

Because you know dam well if a cloak is introduced in game charging a tp chip would immediately break its effects..

Thats how MA rolls baby. 8=}

Political correctness is why the world has become so sissifed that everyone is offended by everything.

:yay: LOVE IT - so damnably (and DAMNING of p.c.) TRUE !!

Last edited:
Because you know dam well if a cloak is introduced in game charging a tp chip would immediately break its effects..

Thats how MA rolls baby. 8=}

OHHH - (dumb DOG) - I have just realised what you mean. I could not work it out as I thought you meant "cloak" as in an article of clothing.

If I read your post as "TOOL" then of course ANY tool will break the invisibility.

HEAVEN FORBID !! - I am even willing to accept the eye balls not being invisible in order to avoid "invisibility cloak" as a tool :D

:laugh:

Phantom DOG of the Oil Rig-discovered and killed (twice) !!

Hi all,

I write this in a very generalised way as being too specific is likely to expose my "modulus operandi in STEALTH mode"

Since my last post on INVISIBILITY, I have spent many hours at the oil rig - around 8 - 12 hrs in stealth without detection.
Perhaps not much - but RL problems still soak up my time.

It has been very educational both in STEALTH techniques AND in the psych of UBBER BULLY BOYS (put an ? after ubber!).

It is truly amazing that I remained undiscovered for so long - I have been passed just so many times within touching distance yet not discovered.

Not once have I wounded, let alone killed anyone there and not a drop of oil have I touched - I remain true to my word.

The psych. of the "Ava dedicated to the oil rig" is truly amazing - the distrust of one another - the accusations of stealing when the oil does not drop - the killing for the sake of killing - the intense use of GUARDS whilst oil farming - I can only hope that such is NOT reflected in RL !!

Add to that the intense competition from groups of "supposed" friends - PLUS - the killing merely because of intense bordom - WOW !!

Up until today I have been content to aproach very cautiously and explore the rig itself (THAT is not the oil source for the un-initiated). Of course the rig itself requires EXTREME caution as many of the GUARDS are positioning themselves there - in many many locations - WHAT a SUPERB design on the part of MA / FPC - truly a battle ground worthy of those interested in mass commando or even army attacks / defence.

For the uninitiated (ie not visited the CE2 oil rig) the whole of the area which surrounds the oil rig is litered with steel tunnels and steel plates, even observation posts of the building variety, all of which of course lend themselves to excellent cover when attacking and or defending. Even the revival point is only just out of the yellow PvP zone - again lending itself to a very quick return to battle - even without a TP chip.

Not to leave out the design of the Oil Rig itself - at least the equal in generous steel plates and vantage points as the whole area itself is (as described above).

SUPERB - and MOST IMPRESSIVE !!

I did indeed advance my lessons in stealth today - this being done by circling the the area generally and really studying what is likely to be achieveable. At no time was I detected (well - at no time was I AWARE of being detected) - there is NO WAY of knowing if I had been discovered - but I HAVE equated NOT being wounded / NOT being killed as NOT detected - a possibly very naive assumption !!

Back I went to the rig itself and into an area I felt safe in - was intending to log off at that point but was delayed as I was beginning to suspect that what I had previously written off as an "aboration" of 3D graphics generation of the Ava's there as more likely something that was not an aboration. I could draw no conclusions on that as I would need the cooperation of the said Ava's to confirm my new theory.

My delayed logout of nearly 20 minutes was abruptely interrupted by a chat msg in French but with DOG mentioned - I deduced the meaning as it was a question to me and very short - but though I did well in my last French exam at school (I got 7 - yes SEVEN % !!) I did not really know - not to worry - a few seconds later - the platform I was on was under heavy ROCKET bombardment - I immediately initiated loggoff - tried to look at my HP but mistook all the Ava HP's as a sign I - yes ME - was ok - only to find that my 70 yr old brain was in OVERLOAD mode which resulted in a form of TUNNEL VISION which precludes me from effective evaluation of so much info coming in at the same time.

I died - but I also logged out within 1 to 1.5 seconds too - thus I LOST ALL HP's I had spent over an hr dragging out !!

In spite of this I decided to give one more attempt to be Phantom DOG of the Oil Rig - so - off I trotted - only to be blocked by an Atrox - a change in direction resolved that one - but then I found a small group of Armax !! - My resultant direction change (needed due to being naked - no armour) brought me far closer to the Oil Rig than I was wanting to be for my planned approach.

I finally made it to the south side of the oil rig but decided to stay close but not climb - I of course had NO dragged out HP's - all to no avail - I did NOT see my HP go down (my age related tunnel vision problem) but I sure did see the chat msg - not that that helped - a 2nd shot had me dead again.

Thus ended my ventures till either my attacker(s) log off and lose my HP bar OR there is a server reset !!

My downfall (discovery and HP drag out) ? - cannot be sure of that - the extreme intensity of the Ava's there may just be enough BUT I am not convinced - bad luck ? - could be as - though hidden, I am still exposed to the ground at certain points near the oil source.

I suspect that my down fall may actually be the "aboration" that is NOT an aboration. THAT should wet ppl's appetite for ventures there but even I do not want to give too much away - where is the fun element in KNOWING all !!

Now of course - I have to agonise over whether or not I will get an MA offical warning - not guilty of profiting - financially that is - but how would MA react to such a claim ? - even I have to admit that knowledge gained in adapting to STEALTH mode is a "gain".

No warning will at least have me attempt to OBSERVE ONLY - the upcoming battle to capture the Reverand !!

My chances of staying alive in such an event even as an observer ? - MINIMAL !! - though it IS less likely to be by being spotted than by being caught up in MASSIVE crossfire !! Which of course to could see MA give me a warning merely for stopping a ranged weapon projectile or ROCKET (messy things when you get blown apart !) intended for another Ava !!

Ho Hum - it sure is an

(Aussie) DOG's (LIFE) - WOOOOF !! :)

Last edited:
Interesting story Youngnott.

I had been meaning to send a support case to MA asking them if it was ok to go into pvp areas like the oil rig with the umbra suit on. I haven't done that yet, i generally dislike logging into support website as much as I can.

Anyway may be an idea for you to file such a support case and see what their reply is. I'd be interested to know what they say.

Back