Question: Most important issues to fix in Entropia for UE5?

Most important issues to fix in Entropia for UE5?

• 1. Pull back a bit from the Pay-to-Win model

• 2. Put more resources on Support ticket handling

• 3. Fix and/or add Deposit options

• 4. Less Grinding / More Fun

• 5. More fun gameplay/content for lower levels/smaller budget

• 6. More Linear Content (Lore, Storylines, Quests, ...)

• 7. Take an official stance on Botting

• 8. Remove Nanocubes from TT and/or EP4 from the game

• 9. Do something about Loot waves (item drop, resource, globals, ...)

• 10. Fulfill all past promises

• 11. Fix PvP

• 12. More tools and functionality to player Societies

• 13. Give Planet Partners better event creation tools

• 14. Revive side Professions (hairstyling, healing, taming, coloring, ...)

• 15. Mac/Linux, Android/iOS and Console support for Entropia

• 16. Make public the exact mechanics of taxes so players have more control

• 17. Bring back dazzling visuals of alien landscapes and creatures to explore

• 18. Make Mining/Crafting great again

• 19. Make sure there are no bugs, broken content/missions this time!

• 20. Other (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes Joat,

I think anti-bot measures can also be implemented much more in game for certain content. Although MA has in effect helped botters many times so far in game, they could change it somewhat by at least splitting hunting as you suggest.
I would go as far as putting little bot pits in the exploration hunting environment which trap people, but might be big enough to spawn a small flying vehicle in, to save generally unwary people of a tp to revive. Alternatively or additionally there could be little nests of 100 bees/wasps, high hit but super low aggro unless a botter aggravates one - aggravate one, all respond. Active players would avoid them usually, or use explosives, depending on how MA designs them.

"Fix" the environments, or some of them, so that they are bot-repellant, please.
The botting problem could be easy fixed or at least the bulk of botting would be eliminated with battleye integration. Just only have to look at how many games already have it. It actively scans running programs.

Yes, but I think MA's position could be more complicated, as we are in an RCE without subscriptions, and MA generates revenue from turnover. They thus have a self-interest in having at least some botting, but that it should not interfere too much with other active players, neither in the field, nor 'obviously too much' economically.
Crafting is fine as essentially afk, mining not sure. I can understand, but do not approve, of MA having official policy but unofficial toleration of hunting bots.
If MA ban bots via monitoring and action taken, they will lose revenue. Maybe they can be persuaded to create better non-bot areas with rewards for active players there instead...

Yes, but I think MA's position could be more complicated, as we are in an RCE without subscriptions, and MA generates revenue from turnover. They thus have a self-interest in having at least some botting, but that it should not interfere too much with other active players, neither in the field, nor 'obviously too much' economically.
Crafting is fine as essentially afk, mining not sure. I can understand, but do not approve, of MA having official policy but unofficial toleration of hunting bots.
If MA ban bots via monitoring and action taken, they will lose revenue. Maybe they can be persuaded to create better non-bot areas with rewards for active players there instead...
Botting in any form wouldn't be in ma self interest. All it does is kill mu for non bot players which means less ped for them / interesting loot.

Botting in any form wouldn't be in ma self interest. All it does is kill mu for non bot players which means less ped for them / interesting loot.

Years ago a suggested this for dealing with automated hunting. Then they gave us RDI Secret Lab and Robot Incursions in space. I think they are headed in the right direction, just need to keep at it.

I would just lioke to have a "Loot 2.0 PVP".-.-- if uy0ou kill an enemy using 0.50 ped you get loot off him average 95% or 45 pec with a chance for a reduced multiplier say 0.80 to 5x
that would prevent ambushers, burglars, and such scum and allow better item flow among planets

"Other"

Would like to see more comprehensive auction data with a better interface. Two of the major elements I'd like to see are:

A "Completed Auctions" Tab - that shows completed auctions for at least a day after completion. Regardless if they are sold through bid, buyout, or through order - data would include buyer seller and bidders. The obscene amount of manipulation on various resources and rings for example would be a lot harder to pull off than it is now and would be able to be identified and acted upon when done as blatantly as it is now. Additionally it would help people find potential buyers/sellers through this tab as well.

A better "market value" graph. Being able to sell 1 unit of an item for an extreme outlier and have it influence price so significantly is egregious.

It's an RCE in current year. Standards should be higher than they were whenever this version went live.

The botting problem could be easy fixed or at least the bulk of botting would be eliminated with battleye integration. Just only have to look at how many games already have it. It actively scans running programs.
not that simple. any decent gaming mouse or keyboard can macro 90% of your time in EU with no issue, and that's not botting software.

I'm surprised at that opinion and support for it. Certainly the word 'All' is not true. Giving 'dedicated' players the opportunity to 'hide' away in certain instances must be generating a ton of turnover that non-bot players don't see and don't know is lowering mus. Even if mus were higher, the turnover is what MA wants to see from people, the more hours the better.
Low mus on the commonest stuff presumably makes low level crafting cheaper and a less costly path for players who wish to slowly but surely make fairly cheap progress. That would also count for something I'd think, even though I am against botters and MA's half-hearted official opposition.

- and yes, make a clear statement on keyboard macros please. I hate it that playing by official rules puts people at a disadvantage over those who are less cautious...

I'm surprised at that opinion and support for it. Certainly the word 'All' is not true. Giving 'dedicated' players the opportunity to 'hide' away in certain instances must be generating a ton of turnover that non-bot players don't see and don't know is lowering mus. Even if mus were higher, the turnover is what MA wants to see from people, the more hours the better.
Low mus on the commonest stuff presumably makes low level crafting cheaper and a less costly path for players who wish to slowly but surely make fairly cheap progress.
people think they are entitled to certain margins, when they are not

just like people complaining about EP4 crafting. there's no guarantee that the slotters would just switch over to paying 120% for animal muscle oil just because they can no longer buy nanocubes from TT.

Loot waves are mandatory to ensure the game isn’t gambling, if it was complete RNG then it wouldn’t pass the SEC rules. The wave system makes the game more skill based and less chance based which in addition to player skills is a major reason the game isn’t classified as gambling in Sweden.

Without loot waves the game would essentially be illegal in its operating county
So every rng system is against SEC rules then?? lol. Even if there were no loot waves, MA would be perfectly fine.

I would just lioke to have a "Loot 2.0 PVP".-.-- if uy0ou kill an enemy using 0.50 ped you get loot off him average 95% or 45 pec with a chance for a reduced multiplier say 0.80 to 5x
that would prevent ambushers, burglars, and such scum and allow better item flow among planets
If you die from a weapon that costs 0.50 ped to shoot you probably should not have been in lootable pvp in the first place.

Clearly you have much experience in red zones, so I will leave it at that.

So every rng system is against SEC rules then?? lol. Even if there were no loot waves, MA would be perfectly fine.
you're 100% right. and it's such a weird cope too: if it was intended to be a skill-based way to fit within regulations, why would they simply keep the fact hidden, so that neither the players nor the regulators could figure out how it worked?

If you die from a weapon that costs 0.50 ped to shoot you probably should not have been in lootable pvp in the first place.

Clearly you have much experience in red zones, so I will leave it at that.
if yuou like to play with words and not with concepts lets use 700 hp pool that is over any player and reword it as 3 ped.... return 2.85 ----28.5
so your numeric and grammatical skill are happy

Some uber hunters are telling us something here in this poll, but no one is picking up on this.

Take a look at who is voting for what. Tell me there's nothing suspicious going on here..

This poll, and the fact that Loot Waves (and botting) was polling very high, is a very threathening thing to someone who has figured out how to game the system in their favor, just remember that whenever some uber hunter comes here and tries to discredit this poll, or the one who created it. Or tries to mess up the real results... I'm so glad I made votes public on this one.

PS: to see who voted for each item, just click on them

Last edited:
The competition part must always be larger then the impression of randomness. If it is based on RNG it's classified as lottery
in Sweden.

Perhaps they should just move the game out of Sweden if that has them bound on what they can do for loot system.

#other: don't dead-end paths for years, such as plots, but many other truncated paths too. Have at least one meaningful addition to each profession path per year, whether it be a new MF weap/tool, a new building/ add-on, space mob etc.
Pay more attention to some specific areas that you have neglected. Not ALL promises, as mentioned above, but areas of investment such as spaceships, stables, plots.

I think about 15 years ago or so, CCP announced this was what they were going to be doing for EVE Online going forward: have a little something for everybody (meaning every type of game play; PvP, Mining, Exploration, Crafting, etc...) in each game expansion and/or VU. I have been saying this for years and I totally agree with you, thanks for bringing it up :)

This poll, and the fact that Loot Waves (and botting) was polling very high, is a very threathening thing to someone who has figured out how to game the system in their favor,
Mate this is a bit paranoid :)

All players are aware of waves, after some weeks, and if they read forum, talk with mentor and soc mates, are aware also of timespan of that
and it is one's choice if hunting all time or focus on the "rare drop chance wave"

what is improperly called "botting" or F mashing or autoclicking is a grey area in the sense: it was clear that a "self hunting macro" is not supported and is violating TOS
a simple piece of stone or fish line weight put on the F key repeats it , not speaking of autorepeat keyboards (like a logitech series 6xx or a programmable mouse does the repeat of F
and this is not an external program. this is a feature that is not forbidden or at least not detectable.

Going beyond, loot 2.0 poses all loot event in a LOOSING PROPOSITION, because average loot is under decay cost that player pay .
so please apart this, either you PROVE that someone is returning over ammo shooting more, or the so called "Botter", i call them "Hign volume cycler", pay fot my gaming servers.
so the "ubers" are not an enemy are midlevel players best ally.

Conspiration theories and paranoid attitude are indeed useless, thread is interesting, but 30 votes off 20k player are not a qualified sample, assuming some conclusion is a "trust me bruh" exercise so far.

Conspiration theories and paranoid attitude are indeed useless, thread is interesting, but 30 votes off 20k player are not a qualified sample, assuming some conclusion is a "trust me bruh" exercise so far.

20K??? Where do you see 20k players in EU??? It's 6000 total at best but if we're talking daily users, it's not more than about 2k average.

So when I am able to get 100 or more votes on a poll, it's like sampling 5% of daily users, or around 2% of total "active" population. The poll results actually do have some merit at those levels. Of course if MindArk got involved they could get a lot more answers then I ever could, but I don't think they will do these kinds of polls themselves. So we are stuck with this for now.

It doesn't look like this poll is ever going to reach 100 though, but it doesn't need to. We can see several trends already which are meaningful, for example:

1. Awareness and concerns over Nanocubes is definitely higher than botting in hunting;
2. More interesting content at lower levels/bankrolls is more important then linear gameplay;
3. More than half the players don't like Loot Waves at all;
4. There is actually a lot of players who would like to see some work being done on Crafting & Mining;
5. There's quite a bit of agreement that the game doesn't feel sci-fi enough visually.

The fact that a couple of individuals are clearly trying to undermine these results just adds a little more dimension to it, it's not paranoia or conspiracy, it does beget the question "why?"

But whatever, moving on from here there should probably be a poll regarding what to do about Loot Waves (or the degree of action taken). I'm brainstorming...

Mate this is a bit paranoid :)

All players are aware of waves, after some weeks, and if they read forum, talk with mentor and soc mates, are aware also of timespan of that
and it is one's choice if hunting all time or focus on the "rare drop chance wave"

what is improperly called "botting" or F mashing or autoclicking is a grey area in the sense: it was clear that a "self hunting macro" is not supported and is violating TOS
a simple piece of stone or fish line weight put on the F key repeats it , not speaking of autorepeat keyboards (like a logitech series 6xx or a programmable mouse does the repeat of F
and this is not an external program. this is a feature that is not forbidden or at least not detectable.

Going beyond, loot 2.0 poses all loot event in a LOOSING PROPOSITION, because average loot is under decay cost that player pay .
so please apart this, either you PROVE that someone is returning over ammo shooting more, or the so called "Botter", i call them "Hign volume cycler", pay fot my gaming servers.
so the "ubers" are not an enemy are midlevel players best ally.

Except we only have like 4K players that’s all accurate.
20K??? Where do you see 20k players in EU??? It's 6000 total at best but if we're talking daily users, it's not more than about 2k average.

So when I am able to get 100 or more votes on a poll, it's like sampling 5% of daily users, or around 2% of total "active" population. The poll results actually do have some merit at those levels. Of course if MindArk got involved they could get a lot more answers then I ever could, but I don't think they will do these kinds of polls themselves. So we are stuck with this for now.

It doesn't look like this poll is ever going to reach 100 though, but it doesn't need to. We can see several trends already which are meaningful, for example:

1. Awareness and concerns over Nanocubes is definitely higher than botting in hunting;
2. More interesting content at lower levels/bankrolls is more important then linear gameplay;
3. More than half the players don't like Loot Waves at all;
4. There is actually a lot of players who would like to see some work being done on Crafting & Mining;
5. There's quite a bit of agreement that the game doesn't feel sci-fi enough visually.

The fact that a couple of individuals are clearly trying to undermine these results just adds a little more dimension to it, it's not paranoia or conspiracy, it does beget the question "why?"

But whatever, moving on from here there should probably be a poll regarding what to do about Loot Waves (or the degree of action taken). I'm brainstorming...
more 10hp mobs with good loot for new players to live off while they increase their looter is important for retention. Right now there is like one mob (vixens) and it’s not realistic to expect new players to look at those aweful things for how long I did

Entropia life
4.347 People that collected a Hunting Global in the game last month
1.100 mining 1.200 crafters i suppoose that there is an overlap and make 5000 globallers.

i experienced many non reported global from otehr planets, so lets say 6000 stabel players.

i just multiplied x3 that number, to account for people that take breaks, and disciples leaving.

but yes, if we remain to the sable base i havae to agree that 5k is teh "club"

Entropia life
4.347 People that collected a Hunting Global in the game last month

Mindark made a change for globals to qualify from 50 ped to 4 ped some years ago.

Mindark made a change for globals to qualify from 50 ped to 4 ped some years ago.
Some mobs have 5 ped global triggers but not all, and certainly not at 4 ped…

fix the problem of botting and macro usage this turns off a lot of new players comming into the game and hearing about it.
I am an advocate of banning anyone using it as its against TOS and if MA will handle this issue seriously people wont be doing it. Fix this then we can care about the rest :p Sub-zero is wrong finding a high tt weapon and amp is the new meta :D

more 10hp mobs with good loot for new players to live off while they increase their looter is important for retention. Right now there is like one mob (vixens) and it’s not realistic to expect new players to look at those aweful things for how long I did
There are good low level mobs new players can hunt fo MU outside of Calypso, apart from vuxens, you got tabtabs on Toulan, papoos with decent dailies on NI, small bots and tree dragons and Cyrene, a few others too. Problem is, this content is essentially locked behind lootable PvP in space and new players either don't have access to it, or don't have access to the market on Calypso, which is the same thing essentially. While there are free warps, not everyone is able to use them for various reasons.

vixens are only worth it because of the MU, which MA doesn't directly create

and it could be argued that for any given frame of time, there's only so much money being depo'd, so even if they created some new crafting recipe that used a new material on a new mob, it would just shift cycle away from something else.

I want MA to increase Vixens hp to 10k 🤡

There are good low level mobs new players can hunt fo MU outside of Calypso, apart from vuxens, you got tabtabs on Toulan, papoos with decent dailies on NI, small bots and tree dragons and Cyrene, a few others too. Problem is, this content is essentially locked behind lootable PvP in space and new players either don't have access to it, or don't have access to the market on Calypso, which is the same thing essentially. While there are free warps, not everyone is able to use them for various reasons.
Papoo has no mu, a daily doesn’t change that.

tree dragons have like 100 hp and are not puny.
Tab tabs have minor markup but it’s only 200%*ish on a single item that is on a wave.
Small bots on Cyrene has no mu except the occasional targeting chip but they are too rare to cover expenses.

Some good stuff listed here though when I see all your recent polls I can't help but think... "where is MA in all of this? Why aren't THEY doing any of this?"

MA should be running polls like this. Actually interacting with the community regularly and shaping the game based on direct feedback and discussion should be job #1. I don't know what they're waiting for on this.... They've got a chance here with Unreal to really shape the game into something groundbreaking that takes the best of what people love and enhance it while removing the things that everyone hates. But they skulk around on the forum like trolls reading threads but never engaging. You've made a ton of these threads, have they replied in a single one? I know I've seem them reading the threads.

The future of Entropia should be one that leads by example how development should be done in a living breathing ecosystem by utilizing more of an approach seen by good development companies in Early Access. Where are the official livestreams of development? Where are the official active discussions about the direction of the game? Where's the AMA's? Where's the follow ups after community input on the UI - did they make any changes based on user input? I do see they quietly removed the ability to just see all recent MA posts on the forum too, now it just shows a list of threads and you've got to wade through an entire threads to find their post. Why would you make it even harder for people to see your already sparse communication? You don't want people to easily see your communications or something?

Challenge to Mindark - how about you say something... anything, in acknowledgement of these threads. Is it possible any of these things are on the "todo" list for Unreal or are we all just wasting time even mentioning them. Is it just another case of "yeah yeah, we'll pass it along into the ol' T file" like all the other suggestions on the forum lol. Any chance of an official statement being made about the directions this update is going in? How about a state of the universe address?

Papoo has no mu, a daily doesn’t change that.

tree dragons have like 100 hp and are not puny.
Tab tabs have minor markup but it’s only 200%*ish on a single item that is on a wave.
Small bots on Cyrene has no mu except the occasional targeting chip but they are too rare to cover expenses.
MU at low levels is never enough - i am doing some vixen now due to your log on them but my results are crap same as any other mob at best with gears (if they sell) i am at maybe 80% at best tho not a lot cycled so ill consider this just a warm up test.

i hunted all mobs you listed above and agree with you entirely.

i respond to #20 other - let players loot nice stuff at all levels - i am not here to pay someone to play a game and not paying the stupid MU because MA drops lvl 20 weps from mob you need to be level 100 to kill (i am, generalizing here as i have never looted any thing good)

Back