Question: Most important issues to fix in Entropia for UE5?

Most important issues to fix in Entropia for UE5?

• 1. Pull back a bit from the Pay-to-Win model

• 2. Put more resources on Support ticket handling

• 3. Fix and/or add Deposit options

• 4. Less Grinding / More Fun

• 5. More fun gameplay/content for lower levels/smaller budget

• 6. More Linear Content (Lore, Storylines, Quests, ...)

• 7. Take an official stance on Botting

• 8. Remove Nanocubes from TT and/or EP4 from the game

• 9. Do something about Loot waves (item drop, resource, globals, ...)

• 10. Fulfill all past promises

• 11. Fix PvP

• 12. More tools and functionality to player Societies

• 13. Give Planet Partners better event creation tools

• 14. Revive side Professions (hairstyling, healing, taming, coloring, ...)

• 15. Mac/Linux, Android/iOS and Console support for Entropia

• 16. Make public the exact mechanics of taxes so players have more control

• 17. Bring back dazzling visuals of alien landscapes and creatures to explore

• 18. Make Mining/Crafting great again

• 19. Make sure there are no bugs, broken content/missions this time!

• 20. Other (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
But they absolutely deserved it, it wasn't cheap to play EU before Loot 2.0, you think it's expensive now, I'd contend it was worse, the dry periods were longer and the lows were lower, so if you were serious about skilling up, you paid a lot more for your skills back then.
I wasn't here for Loot 1.0 so I can only read about what it was like. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't all the actual uber players profiting so much from this system that they had to introduce Loot 2.0 in the first place? I just hear of the ubers stacking as much crit/crit damage as they can while running IMK2s with EST armor + Mod faps and ending up with positive TT returns.

Yes in loot 1.0 tt profit was possible.

second, as someone who is well over level 100, I am nowhere close to sniffing what Uber is. It is sooooo much more then being lvl 100.

I wasn't here for Loot 1.0 so I can only read about what it was like. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't all the actual uber players profiting so much from this system that they had to introduce Loot 2.0 in the first place? I just hear of the ubers stacking as much crit/crit damage as they can while running IMK2s with EST armor + Mod faps and ending up with positive TT returns.

I want to try to give a very complete answer to this because I think it's important:

When I joined in late 06, I was very active, into 2007, right up until 2008. There was no Iron missions or Codex, no Skill boosts, no buffs, no strongboxes. Skilling as a hunter was a hard grind, really hard. It was a lot of work figuring out what guns to use, they kept switching names as you progressed, I remember going from Breer to the Korss series, then to GeoTrek, etc... There was a lot of math involved with every single decision we had to make.

In late 2007, I found a spot I liked and just grinded down Atrax, over and over and over, for hours and hours everyday, for weeks. I don't think I ever had a run that was profitable. I was depositing about $1,000/week. I was buying other things too with the money but the hunting part was pure loss; paying for the skills. The money I spent was now "trapped" in the skills I had acquired, which was not that much, didn't even make it to level 20 but not really sure exactly what I got up to at the time. At the end of that experiment, I invested what little ped I had left into a bunch of Apartments, which were really abundant and cheap on the auction at the time (~350 ped each).

I'd like to have you take a look at this thread, from back then. That thread embodies the soul and spirit of that period for me. The replies and comments in the thread are most often just as enlightening as the updates from itree himself. It really wasn't that simple to skill up in Loot 1.0, it was a hard grind and most people experienced losses, even he could barely make a profit at the end, as careful and dedicated to the numbers as he was. And look at the minuscule progress he made despite all that effort, it is a completely diiferent paradigm then today's EU.

I came back in 2011 to buy some CLDs. I hunted a bit but nothing serious. Went back in hibernation mode. Wasn't until late 2015 till I started getting curious about what was going on in Entropia again. I think that's when I saw some folks on Twitch kiting Prots in Earth Shock Trooper using the trick that messi describes in his "story" thread. That's probably when MA took notice and got to work on a different loot system, aka Loot 2.0

So the Loot 1.0 system, did work as intended for a while; if you were studious, patient (not seeking shortcuts), and consistent at it, you could basicly move forward at very little to no cost, but it took YEARS to get anywhere. But don't kid yourself, itree's account is isolated; most people still lost money hunting.

The period that everybody likes to talk about with the EST exploit, that was kind of short lived in comparisson to the whole thing. So when I say high-level players "deserved" to have a head start on their Looter professions, I was referring to the big picture, not just looking at the 2 or so years of EST exploiting.

I hope I did a good job of putting some perspective on things.

I hope I did a good job of putting some perspective on things.
Thanks for taking the time to write up that explanation, I did take a look at the itree thread although it was very difficult to follow when none of his graphs are available anymore. You make a good point that Loot 1.0 was more than just the short period of time where people took advantage of the EST armor, but I'm still not really convinced that the "path to uber" or whatever we want to call it was "rougher" back then compared to now.

From reading that thread it looked like he was profiting straight from the start even if the skill gains were a lot slower back then. If we want to compare ubers back then to ubers nowadays, then sure I would agree with you that pre loot 1.0 days hitting lvl 100 in a profession could be considered "uber" but nowadays I don't really consider someone an uber in loot 2.0 unless they're 100 animal looter at least with access to the best gear available.

On the topic of high end gear, what was prices like back then? Were they similar to how high end weapons currently costs around 200-450k PED? Was there anything holding someone back from being an uber in the previous system other than just needing lvl 100 profs to max a weapon out? In our current system you need to cycle around 10 million PED to hit lvl 100 animal looter and if we just say average TT return was 97%, we're looking at 300k PED in TT losses. That's not even taking into consideration Mutant looter and Robot looter exist too.

I trust you when you say returns were way more volatile back then, but I think it's just a generational difference in what we consider the "end goal" for hunting. For you its lvl 100 profession it seems like?(correct me if Im wrong), for me it's having level 100 in every looter profession with access to the best gear and tools available. In my personal opinion it still sounds like I would prefer being a new starting player back then in loot 1.0 and grind to be an uber then rather than in our current loot 2.0 system. New players nowadays can grind lvl 1 to 100 weapon professions in under a month with proper guidance and gear, but that just doesn't cut it anymore in todays system.

Thanks for taking the time to write up that explanation, I did take a look at the itree thread although it was very difficult to follow when none of his graphs are available anymore. You make a good point that Loot 1.0 was more than just the short period of time where people took advantage of the EST armor, but I'm still not really convinced that the "path to uber" or whatever we want to call it was "rougher" back then compared to now.

Well, what was rougher then becomes a matter of what one considers is "rougher" the time invested, or the money spent? In Loot 1.0, without any skill boost, buffs or skill rewards, it was a very long grind, so more time invested. Now, it would appear that this has shifted to more money spent, but less time. Uberdom has been "priced" so to speak.

From reading that thread it looked like he was profiting straight from the start even if the skill gains were a lot slower back then. If we want to compare ubers back then to ubers nowadays, then sure I would agree with you that pre loot 1.0 days hitting lvl 100 in a profession could be considered "uber" but nowadays I don't really consider someone an uber in loot 2.0 unless they're 100 animal looter at least with access to the best gear available.

Yeah he was doing well and that's why his thread got the attention it did, I mean 10k views is pretty good for the time I think. Most people didn't do so well.

On the topic of high end gear, what was prices like back then? Were they similar to how high end weapons currently costs around 200-450k PED? Was there anything holding someone back from being an uber in the previous system other than just needing lvl 100 profs to max a weapon out? In our current system you need to cycle around 10 million PED to hit lvl 100 animal looter and if we just say average TT return was 97%, we're looking at 300k PED in TT losses. That's not even taking into consideration Mutant looter and Robot looter exist too.

Regarding prices on UL gear, for lower level armors like Gremlin and Vigi, prices were very similar but lower. I think for UL weapons prices were lower too but I'm not sure as I wasn't following that at the time. I know that just before loot 2.0 came out, UL weapons were up there in price for sure and Loot 2.0 wiped out the mu; UL guns all lost almost 50% of their value, it was quite drastic. Loot 2.0 weapons did not have crazy values right out the gate, I recall it took a couple years for people to start realizing that the higher efficiency really made a difference and for a demand to really build around these new weapons. The level at which it's at now is unsustainable I think.

So yes, if you factor all that in, right now, becoming uber is just way too expensive and puts the EU out of reach for way too many. Maybe that's why MA is releasing so many new weapons these days, i.e. new ones last Migration, new ones now during TWEN... Trying to crash the markup on those damn guns, it's just insane..

I trust you when you say returns were way more volatile back then, but I think it's just a generational difference in what we consider the "end goal" for hunting. For you its lvl 100 profession it seems like?(correct me if Im wrong), for me it's having level 100 in every looter profession with access to the best gear and tools available.

Yes, Level 100 was the target because there were a bunch of UL Level 100 weapons available and the paradigm was all about "Eco" hunting, and the most eco was by maxing those level 100 weapons of course. I agree that with Loot 2.0, that has changed things and hadn't really paused to ponder it much until now, but yeah I think the new standard for uber ought to be someone who is level 100 looter, at the least.

In my personal opinion it still sounds like I would prefer being a new starting player back then in loot 1.0 and grind to be an uber then rather than in our current loot 2.0 system. New players nowadays can grind lvl 1 to 100 weapon professions in under a month with proper guidance and gear, but that just doesn't cut it anymore in todays system.

Well Entropia was designed right from the beginning that there is a long way of doing something, and then there is a shortcut. And for the impatient who wanted the shortcut, there was an additional price to pay. Was always like that. I think this is still true today for example in what you just said there. Yes you can go from 1-100 in a month but that'll cost a ton of money cause your Looter will be lagging far behind, or you can go the long road, only using maxed gear, chasing the mu (some people did ok for example just hunting Caperons all day some years ago), picking skill rewards that boost your Looter professions instead of DPS skills, which will make your progress slower but cheaper...

In that sense, the paradigm hasn't changed much. But yeah right now UL gear is just way too expensive and unsustainable, something has to be done. It could be that if MA was to do something about botting, all of a sudden we would see a bunch of loot 2.0 weapons on the market, who knows. But that's a whole other can of worms I guess.

Yeah either one or both of changes like that would be great for gaming experience. If for example everyone had half the impact of looter levels (3,5% at lvl 0), cost to play might be at reasonable level in my opinion. Or maybe 25% of looter's and 25% of efficiency's impact should be in the "base level" for all. Short term of course less income for MA but in long term I believe they got more.

I do admit with Legends thogh that it would be problematic to change it now, should have been from the start of loot 2.0.. Some kind of compensation would be needed for sure.

And times at around 80% returns should not be so long... I can't agree with Legends that dry periods were longer and deeper at 1.0, for me they were not. 12k lootevents with 80% returns does not sound like great system to me. It forces players to put in insane amount of money while not 100% guaranteed payback. In my pov short term volatility were higher at 1.0 but long term was lighter. And it definitely would be more enjoyable if it was like that still.

About my bankroll issue. Yea I know that those mobs I mostly hunt are risky choice bankroll wise with my budjet, but I have thought MU could make it way less painful.

It just feels pointless to hunt something like Vixens and would suck a lot to hit 2k multi from puny after hunting mobs with 100x more hp. I don't know any mobs between punys and 2-4ped mobs that would give any noticable MU. Hunting some mob with 1ped or less of hp would make way more sense to hunt with reasonable cost/month, but I don't even know if it would be any better because of lack of usefull loot to sell to cover costs a bit. Not to mention the lack of exitement because there would not be that tiny chance to loot someting rare and valuable.

Atleast for me one of the most enjoyable part of the game is chasing MU and rares while skilling. Punys don't give rares or sizable hofs that are big part in making this game enjoyable for me.

Of course there would be way to just kill mobs with big lvl/hp to skill up, but skilling looter is still so freaking slow that I don't see it worth with my level of activity (like 2h-3h/day of hunting). I don't think that it's a lot under average player, might be wrong.

One solution would be to buy a gun with high eff and dpp. Eff would make hunting cost less in long run and dpp lessen the volatility (?), but again with couple of hours of active spending/day makes it that devaluation of the gun might make it even more costly. And tbh I don't prefer to sell my soul or even car for a gun in a game.

So it seems to me that atm the cost to play of Entropia is reasonable only for very rich people who can afford good gear and bankroll and plenty of time and urge to play all day long.

In that sense, the paradigm hasn't changed much. But yeah right now UL gear is just way too expensive and unsustainable, something has to be done. It could be that if MA was to do something about botting, all of a sudden we would see a bunch of loot 2.0 weapons on the market, who knows. But that's a whole other can of worms I guess.

Agreed 100% for that one. If there was something like 70-80% eff and 3.6dpp weapons at low dps for few K of peds, it would be affordable for most of us and make cost to play sustainable. That would reduce quitting and taking long breaks a lot for sure.

Edit. Upgrade paths for adjusted, improved etc of regular MF chips, guns, swords etc would be great part of the solution I think. For example 5% of more efficiency and 0,1 more dpp each upgrade.

That would also give people more goals to achieve and make more joy for the money spent.

Last edited:
if MindArk was to suddenly make the cost and effort of leveling up to level 100 only 1/20th of what it was when they were doing it, [ubers] would probably think "what's the point" and quit because they'd feel betrayed; all that time and money invested, and now that they are about to reap the rewards, the goal post is moved yet again..
if you compared it to years at school, it'd be like saying learning should not become easier as tech improves - slide rule, calculator, simple computer, computer with spreadsheet and all sorts of tools. When a two-year old plays a simple fill in the colours game on a computer, there is still a skillset being learnt of selecting colours, next page clicks etc, and at a much faster rate than just a few years previously. The goalposts also need to move, otherwise exams should not get harder as children learn year by year. Here, we all take the same tests, however, or rather they are available, which is one of the problems of competing with children just a little older than yourself, to continue the metaphor.

If the comparison were learning to drive a car, then I guess it is fine to have millions of adults able to drive, but as making a profit is a competitive goal here, of course the bar has to be progressively raised as more people reach profittable territory.

My point was that beginners now face a journey that is too far, even as longer and longer times have been held in check a bit, because the costs still end up being too high. The balancing of this is something that I think even the finest minds would struggle with, let alone companies who somewhat humourously task a pet dog with doing it...
TLDR: fixing/rebalancing the journeytime/cost for players is vitally important for UE5 imho, but very hard. UE5 will be a mature economy game but in a completely new box. THAT will be hard to pull off!!!

Last edited:
if you compared it to years at school, it'd be like saying learning should not become easier as tech improves - slide rule, calculator, simple computer, computer with spreadsheet and all sorts of tools. When a two-year old plays a simple fill in the colours game on a computer, there is still a skillset being learnt of selecting colours, next page clicks etc, and at a much faster rate than just a few years previously. The goalposts also need to move, otherwise exams should not get harder as children learn year by year. Here, we all take the same tests, however, or rather they are available, which is one of the problems of competing with children just a little older than yourself, to continue the metaphor.

If the comparison were learning to drive a car, then I guess it is fine to have millions of adults able to drive, but as making a profit is a competitive goal here, of course the bar has to be progressively raised as more people reach profittable territory.

My point was that beginners now face a journey that is too far, even as longer and longer times have been held in check a bit, because the costs still end up being too high. The balancing of this is something that I think even the finest minds would struggle with, let alone companies who somewhat humourously task a pet dog with doing it...
TLDR: fixing/rebalancing the journeytime/cost for players is vitally important for UE5 imho, but very hard. UE5 will be a mature economy game but in a completely new box. THAT will be hard to pull off!!!
Yes, it's very long journey without possibilities to afford midway gear/goal for many of us. I mean 70ish eff weapons should be affordable for most of us to make journey look like goal is there somewhere and most importantly cost to play to the level people are actually even capable to reach barely sustainable level for their gaming.

I think Entropia is rightly being likened to a "business". So the upfront investment required to "open" certain content is what we are talking about here. I think when we talk about the "costs" associated with uberdom, that's really what we mean.

So if I paid $20k usd over 8 years to be able to "access" high-level content, that was the upfront costs, to me. And MA changes things and now a new player coming along only has to pay $1k to unlock that same content, how am I going to feel about that?

But you have to take an honest look at this, not just speculate on it without really considering it.. Imagine you are doing the Gorgon Shade with some soc mates, and you are struggling of course cause it's very high-level stuff, and this new player you never seen before shows up and asks to join your party. You obviously tell him "Oh you won't be able to mate, this is really high level stuff" but he assures you he can and has done it already so you take him and sure enough there he is doing it and surviving through it! Took you many years to level to the point you can deal enough dps to do this and he must be no more then 4 months old and he's standing there doing pretty much the same thing you are...

Honestly, how would that feel? Is it fair?

Last edited:
If you take an example that is way off balance, then obviously no. I can provide one that just involves time too and not cost.

There was a find the flowers mission in which at the start the flowers were mostly out in the wild and when found by someone despawned for 24 hrs or so, so if you went searching an area at the wrong time, you wouldn't even know a flower spawning spot was there. It was an absolute pain in the !"§$.
In a rebalancing vu they then suddenly put loads of flowers in, pretty much one at every tp, and I think the respawn time was dramatically reduced too. Almost all of the days of searching for the blasted things thus became wasted time compared to finishing the mission easily and quickly.

What I mind is the pathetic initial balancing, tbh, not so much that an adjustment was needed and then made, even if crazily off balance on the easy side....

However, I do expect some progress times to become shortened as top players increase the 'length of the playing field'.
The codex bonuses are one such introduced mechanism. Looter profs included various skills already gained, so it wasn't a restart for skilled players.
Balance, balance, balance. The game needs new players who stick around too!!!

edit: also, 4 months with loads of playing can easily equal a year or more of play with less dedication (and less spending). Depends on the prof too. MF is a pain as levels increase because fewer attributes feed in, and the slowdown kicks in harder. I can imagine MA will introduce a higher dps at lower skill level at some point, and make MF more competitive all of a sudden, making most of my hard work a lot less useful...

but I will weigh up whether I had advantages or not from the early focussing and decide for myself whether I find the new goalposts ok from an overall perspective!

Last edited:
You dude should maybe think few more times what you are saying.

You should maybe think a few more times in what you are believing. Some people like to organize, present, and interpret data in a manner that helps them believe they aren't wrong. He warps it by treating 5 different items as one. That's as ridiculous as saying youre going to roll a d20, and observe 1,2,3, and 4 as being the same outcome. He goes onto say he doesn't notice it on flesh rippers, well it just so happens they don't drop as many types of tier comps as molochs. So mathematically the odds of these so called 'waves' being observed even if you lump all tier comps together is less likely. 😂

This "Without fail tier components will not drop for over an hour and then magically they have a 100% drop rate for 5+ minutes at a time." is also proven to be bull:poop: given his own evidence.

It will never cease to amaze me how people go above and beyond to try and act like they know some deep-down secret just so they can separate themselves from other players and establish a false sense of superiority. There's a lot of people with that mindset that hit the casinos, and I promise you they aren't as 'good' as they make themselves out to be.

This is a breakdown of tiers within his own 10/20/2022 report. But again, by all means believe what you want. Anyone who goes onto focus on these outlandish theories isn't putting their focus where it really matters.

Date​
Amount​
Value​
Loot item​
2022-10-20 05:19:19​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 05:19:57​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 05:57:52​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 05:58:29​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 05:59:12​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 07:25:29​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 07:26:07​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 07:26:47​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 08:30:13​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 08:32:00​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 08:34:28​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 08:35:04​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 08:35:41​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 09:29:34​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 09:30:09​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 10:38:23​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 10:39:36​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 10:40:09​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 12:00:04​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 12:00:46​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 12:01:54​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 18:04:46​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 18:05:22​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 18:47:53​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 18:48:53​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 18:49:25​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 19:30:07​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 19:30:41​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 19:31:12​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 19:31:50​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 19:32:22​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 20:45:14​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 21:52:37​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 22:41:01​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 22:41:37​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 23:14:28​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 23:53:50​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-20 23:54:20​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 01:08:26​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 01:09:04​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 01:37:58​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 02:51:43​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 02:52:09​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 02:52:41​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 02:53:17​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 02:57:03​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 04:08:08​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 04:08:39​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 04:09:12​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 04:11:24​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 04:11:51​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​
2022-10-21 04:12:26​
1​
0.2​
Tier 3 Component​

Date​
Amount​
Value​
Loot item​
2022-10-20 05:18:07​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 05:18:46​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 05:20:39​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 05:21:20​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 05:21:56​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 05:57:52​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 06:47:13​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 06:47:51​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 06:48:33​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 07:25:29​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 08:30:52​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 08:31:26​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 08:32:00​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 09:29:01​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 09:29:34​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 10:37:07​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 10:37:48​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 18:05:22​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 19:30:07​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 19:30:41​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 20:43:23​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 21:18:07​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 21:51:59​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-20 22:41:01​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-21 01:07:10​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-21 01:37:23​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-21 02:53:45​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-21 02:54:21​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-21 04:09:12​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​
2022-10-21 04:09:45​
1​
0.27​
Tier 4 Component​

Date​
Amount​
Value​
Loot item​
2022-10-20 03:07:23​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-20 03:51:29​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-20 05:18:46​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-20 05:19:57​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-20 06:43:59​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-20 06:45:15​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-20 08:30:52​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-20 09:29:01​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-20 10:37:07​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-20 13:30:19​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-20 20:42:06​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-21 01:07:10​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-21 01:07:49​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-21 01:37:58​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-21 02:51:43​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-21 02:52:09​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​
2022-10-21 02:52:41​
1​
0.4​
Tier 5 Component​

Date​
Amount​
Value​
Loot item​
2022-10-20 02:34:45​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 03:10:05​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 03:52:28​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 13:19:58​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 13:21:44​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 13:23:27​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 13:24:27​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 13:26:27​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 13:29:18​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 14:04:56​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 15:28:46​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 15:29:33​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 16:01:35​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 16:30:45​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​
2022-10-20 17:14:47​
1​
0.5​
Tier 6 Component​

Date​
Amount​
Value​
Loot item​
2022-10-20 02:33:23​
1​
0.7​
Tier 7 Component​
2022-10-20 02:34:45​
1​
0.7​
Tier 7 Component​
2022-10-20 02:35:33​
1​
0.7​
Tier 7 Component​
2022-10-20 03:07:23​
1​
0.7​
Tier 7 Component​
2022-10-20 13:20:52​
1​
0.7​
Tier 7 Component​
2022-10-20 13:22:32​
1​
0.7​
Tier 7 Component​
2022-10-20 13:26:27​
1​
0.7​
Tier 7 Component​
2022-10-20 13:30:19​
1​
0.7​
Tier 7 Component​
2022-10-20 14:06:55​
1​
0.7​
Tier 7 Component​
2022-10-20 15:28:46​
1​
0.7​
Tier 7 Component​
2022-10-20 16:03:50​
1​
0.7​
Tier 7 Component​

edit: also, 4 months with loads of playing can easily equal a year or more of play with less dedication (and less spending). Depends on the prof too. MF is a pain as levels increase because fewer attributes feed in, and the slowdown kicks in harder. I can imagine MA will introduce a higher dps at lower skill level at some point, and make MF more competitive all of a sudden, making most of my hard work a lot less useful...
I've actually observed MF to be the quickest profession to level by far comparatively with Ranged being 2nd fastest and Melee being the slowest overall. The choice of beginner to mid level MF chips is definitely a sore point though and something I really hope MA helps out with during this TWEN event. We've seen a ton of beginner Rifles but so far zero MF options.

I've tracked Tier comp drops too myself and while it does seem "wavy", whatever equation is used is beyond my understanding to the point where it seems random, despite my gut telling me there is some pattern to it. It doesn't seem to be as simple as Tiers drop every X minutes, which I've never seen to be the case for a consistently long period of time, for example I might get a Tier 4 drop window every 35 minutes on the dot for a couple of hours, but then all of a sudden I won't, I'll get a few at 7 minute intervals, then an hour and a half, then 45 minutes before we go back to 35 minutes and get a rhythm again. There seems to be other factors at play here including PED burn/hour, mob kills/hour and what other hunters are doing. Time of day also seems to give different results. I give up trying to game it and just shoot the fucking things. Call it random consistency.

I've tracked Tier comp drops too myself and while it does seem "wavy", whatever equation is used is beyond my understanding to the point where it seems random, despite my gut telling me there is some pattern to it. It doesn't seem to be as simple as Tiers drop every X minutes, which I've never seen to be the case for a consistently long period of time, for example I might get a Tier 4 drop window every 35 minutes on the dot for a couple of hours, but then all of a sudden I won't, I'll get a few at 7 minute intervals, then an hour and a half, then 45 minutes before we go back to 35 minutes and get a rhythm again. There seems to be other factors at play here including PED burn/hour, mob kills/hour and what other hunters are doing. Time of day also seems to give different results. I give up trying to game it and just shoot the fucking things. Call it random consistency.
I hope MA finds a good solution to the waves, hunting a mob that doesn't drop items unless its a wave which only happens 1-2 times an hour, feels like shit and a total waste of hunting in the downtime of the waves. This also applies to rings and rare items, they have 0% droprate(or a laughably miniscule chance) unless a wave is active which is total bullshit. You should have the same chance to loot any item at any time.

Last edited:
You should have the same chance to loot any item at any time.
This is a highly interesting and fundamental discussion point I think in terms of the whole nature of what we are dealing with. In designing and programming a system, you should be aware of various advantages and disadvantages of what you decide on.
I would like to agree with you, yes, but actually, I don't. However, I do think the settings of not the same chance should be carefully chosen to get as close as possible within the "full overall control" environment...
Some tests on one of the planets (by MA/pp in various vus) have provided good results I feel, but then they often get changed back to worse again for some reason. It feels like they are stabbing around in the dark, or don't feel the same way I do about what is desirable, even though the results have sometimes been pretty much ideal in my opinion.

My strongest feeling is ditching the stupid wave based loot system and it seems many agree.
I voted for this as well but I actually don't mind the wave system, just how it's implemented.
It's way too binary.
Loot table A) 100% TT trash
Loot table B) Rare stuff

Is it just me or have the waves gotten worse in recent years? I think back to the earlier days and I don't remember hitting 100% lyst and oil off-wave.

My other vote was "make mining great again". It really doesn't take much. Remember when you could hit robot beacons while mining? Small tweaks like that go a long way. And events, preferably something more exciting than "who can cycle the most PED" contests.

It's way too binary.
Loot table A) 100% TT trash
Loot table B) Rare stuff

Well the off-wave loot is "TT Trash" precisely because it is off-wave. The "rare stuff" has MU precisely because it is "rare stuff"

Players have made the system "too binary" by oversupplying. MA has had their hand in that, with the necessary power creep and the non-action towards certain activities, but the primary driver has been the players themselves.

I think the increase in average output is at least part of the reason why waves "seem worse" now. It has certainly gotten more noticable over time.

Top 5 after 91 votes:

53.8%
9. Do something about Loot waves (item drop, resource, globals, ...)

35.2%
18. Make Mining/Crafting great again

30.8%
8. Remove Nanocubes from TT and/or EP4 from the game

30.8%
17. Bring back dazzling visuals of alien landscapes and creatures to explore

28.6%
5. More fun gameplay/content for lower levels/smaller budget

Thought I'd update this, wow, lots has changed actually. #7 Take an official stance on botting has moved up to 5th place. And #5 More fun gameplay/content for lower levels/smaller budget has moved up a couple spots and is now sitting in 3rd.

Top 5 after 130 votes:

46.2%
9. Do something about Loot waves (item drop, resource, globals, ...)

33.8%
18. Make Mining/Crafting great again

33.1%
5. More fun gameplay/content for lower levels/smaller budget

30%
8. Remove Nanocubes from TT and/or EP4 from the game

28.5%
7. Take an official stance on botting

I wanted to vote more times for LINUX support - as my last Windows machine runs 7, I tried 10 and it had WAY too many issues along with *3* "can't even BOOT the machine" level problems that required a COMPLETE FROM SCRATCH REINSTALL to fix IN 3 MONTHS.
Win11 is even WORSE from everything I've seen about it and the built in spyware is completely unacceptable.
The rumors I've heard about Win12 is "more of what you hated about Win11".

Everything I own EXCEPT ONE WINDOWS 7 MACHINE has long moved to LINUX.
I have tried to get Wine to work a couple of times - and never even figured out how to INSTALL that kludge, much less get to the point of trying to make anything WORK under it.

NATIVE Linux support is WAY overdue - as I don't know how much longer this Windows 7 machine it going to survive and I don't have any other options to continue to have ANYTHING to do with Entropia.

I wanted to put ALL of my votes on that choice - but your poll limits to "one vote per option".

Back