Motherships Lootable?

Strangelove

Dominant
Society
Agents of Entropy
Caesar Orion
Hi,

I have read the release notes but am confused, as usual, by MA's explanations. In one spot MA says all of space is lootable PVP. In another spot, MA says mothership passengers will be transported to the nearest revival if the mothership is destroyed. In other spots, MA says passengers will be ejected into space and die a slow death until and unless they get pk'd and looted.

I have a few questions.

1. Are mothership cargo holds lootable? If so, does this happen when the ms breaks up? Or are there other hoops to jump through? I am assuming a mothership can carry a considerable amount of cargo and not just the passengers and crews personal inventory.

2. If a mothership is destroyed, are the crew and passengers ported to the nearest revival safely with inventory intact or ejected into space where they can be pk'd?

3. Are Sleipnir's and fighters treated differently? i.e. you pk ship and you get loot or you pk ship and then pilot and passenger separately?

Be wary of spies....the position function works in space.

CO

Be wary of spies....the position function works in space.

CO

I thought this was annoying before but now I see the purpose. If you don't have access to one of the motherships seating positions (gunner/pilot/co-pilot) then you cannot see the position of the mothership in local space and only your position on the mothership itself.

On the other hand you have to trust your captain that they are taking you where they say they are. :cool:

I thought this was annoying before but now I see the purpose. If you don't have access to one of the motherships seating positions (gunner/pilot/co-pilot) then you cannot see the position of the mothership in local space and only your position on the mothership itself.

On the other hand you have to trust your captain that they are taking you where they say they are. :cool:

spot on! =)

J.

They are lootable as any other vehicle....
The only difference I am aware of is that once the MS died and you died you will end up at the MS revival and not inside a space station. However the spaceship will be docked at a space station so it doesn´t really make a difference tbf.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/beginners-guide/space-guide/

"From inside the ship you can see when each section's health changes, either from hits or from reparation. Both the interior and the section's health bar is updated accordingly.

A destroyed mothership will be transferred to the closest available space station as will its crew and passengers. Each participant will be revived at the space station."

later in this article it mentions...
Other Ships
"Smaller ships, Sleipnir and Quad-Wing Interceptor, "
and talks about being looted etc...
i know from experience... otherships can be looted...

but i thought part of the high value of motherships... is the ability to ferry people from planet to planet... with out worry of being looted...
why would MA say these things in this article?

"A destroyed mothership will be transferred to the closest available space station as will its crew and passengers. Each participant will be revived at the space station"

it doesnt say " when a mothership is destroyed passengers are thrust into space where they can be pked and looted..." it says each participatnt will be revived at space station"

strange

A friend of mine said he destroyed a mothership yesterday with his interceptor. It wasn't any harder than destroying a mk2 or an interceptor, he said. Also, after destruction ~ 10 people were left floating in space. He looted several until time run out.

In light of his description, not sure what advantage a mothership will yield to the passengers.

MA should be awared for the best communicator of the entire universe! :laugh::eyecrazy:

Perhaps I should be more clear so I don't win the MA Clarity in Communications Award. A buddy of mine has a Sleipnir and we had private chat open. I had him type in /pos in private chat and his position showed up as a waypoint on my space map while I was on Caly.

I don't have any info on the Motherships as you do.

A friend of mine said he destroyed a mothership yesterday with his interceptor. It wasn't any harder than destroying a mk2 or an interceptor, he said. Also, after destruction ~ 10 people were left floating in space. He looted several until time run out.

In light of his description, not sure what advantage a mothership will yield to the passengers.

Sounds like when Rony destroyed Skippie's mothership, which I was on.

It was easy to destroy because it still has minimum SI and more importantly there was only 1 person with an rk-5 on each section.

And you/he left out the part where afterwards our tail gunner in a vtol destroyed Rony's Interceptor. :silly2:

I would not write off motherships as we don't know how much their SI can be improved, and more importantly they can repair mid-battle, and not many people can use rk-20's, yet.

It was easy to destroy because it still has minimum SI and more importantly there was only 1 person with an rk-5 on each section.

And you/he left out the part where afterwards our tail gunner in a vtol destroyed Rony's Interceptor. :silly2:

I would not write off motherships as we don't know how much their SI can be improved, and more importantly they can repair mid-battle, and not many people can use rk-20's, yet.

So the passenger's inventory (at least some of them if they were carrying stackables) wound up in the tail gunners pocket?

So the passenger's inventory (at least some of them if they were carrying stackables) wound up in the tail gunners pocket?

I don't know, I didn't hear anything about anyone being looted. I wasn't pk'd while I was floating in space. We told everyone to not bring stackables (except a little welding wire) as we were actually looking for a fight to see how things worked.

I don't know, I didn't hear anything about anyone being looted. I wasn't pk'd while I was floating in space. We told everyone to not bring stackables (except a little welding wire) as we were actually looking for a fight to see how things worked.

I want to know how things work too. That's why I started the thread. Skippie is an honorable guy as far as I am aware....but there are others....

If your on a mother ship that's destroyed and you have a fighter or Sleipnir in inventory, can you spawn the fighter while ur floating around in space waiting to be pk'd and enter it? Or do you have to be sitting in the pilot's seat in the docking bay when the MS blows up? Just more questions to ponder...and test out.

Last edited:
maybe its a bug? since they clearly said all passengers would be shipped to revive...
this is why motherships are/will worth so much...

they are a safe ferry across space

must be a bug... or a feature forgot to add...
kind of like land areas after last VU they were PVP... and or something to this sort... just needs to be fixed..

we took the toga out for a maiden voyage. we blew ourselves up once. Great annimation ftw! we were blown up by rony who was later taken down by our tail in a vtol mk2. i was told he couldnt see any of us as we floated in space. i dont think anyone was "looted." nobody had anything but small amounts of wire anyway. there is no storage unit affiliated with the mothership, either, btw, so blowing one up doesn't get you loot like it does if you destroy a vehicle with a storage box attached. there's alot that's unclear about how motherships work for the moment. it didnt seem that any of our passengers were shootable to the attacking ship on our attack. perhaps he just couldnt see us inside the massive blowing up sequence. but we proved a mothership is not easily destroyed if enough ppl are fapping its repairable sections. and the turrets produce nearly 400 damage per shot. when/if shields torpedos and warp drives come it will become harder and harder to make a dent into these interesting ships.

Heh yeah, Rony came in hard... although we were just 3 persons on the MS at the time (no repairing) ;) Will be interesting to see how upgrades affect the MS in the future.

tank can haz healz ftw??? :laugh:

This description finally sunk it in for me that this might be the closest thing since beacon runs to being like doing an instance in wow with a group fighting a boss. Here now in PE, the boss being the space mob ( when they come) and the Mothership being the tank, and a crew of DPS and Healers. That makes this interesting now.

Back