Mounts

Strokeontent

Mature
Society
Rising Potentials
Strokeontent
Since new VU was released, cars have been promised, taming is also supposed to be back. I wonder how creative you need to be in order to add 1+1 and instead of cars allowing EU avas to ride mobs that had been tammed.

Since tamming is pretty much a useless and expensive profession, I (not being a tammer) believe it would be a good way to reward everyone who has been taming faithfully for the past years waiting for some kind of miracle to happen that will make this profession as essential to the economy as all others.

I don't think all mobs should be made available to tame as mounts, but MA could have launched this concept instead of the cars. Some kind of chip you could buy that would make you comunicate with the mob and give you the ability to ride it once it was tammed.

I can perfectly see exas as an entry level mount, it would be like riding a donkey, of course I would prefer to arrive in twins mounted on a longu just for show off. :p

Anyway, what do you guys think? Anyone knows if tamming profession will be made more usefull when launched or if it will remain the same?

Do you agree that mounts would be more fashionable and affordable than cars while at the same time increase cashflow from entry and mid lvl players?

Not that bad of an idea, but honestly there's too much crap going on in entropia right now, so many systems need to be reintroduced, while many more new ones are coming in. Still I wouldn't mind this idea, like I don't mind nearly all of the ideas in EF. They could be 'disposable' possibly? With vehicles for the long run, mounts could be slower and have the potential to die :eek:.

Yes i love to rid on a Merp Stalker trhough PvP4 blasting away Ubers.

No i dont want to look like some-other-mmo-which-we-cant-name-here-but-every-body-knows too much .

that has been hinted at in the past, the pet system is being improved before it comes back, who knows this might be in it.

Just thought of this ...imagine all creature can be tamable .... then everybody goes to RT and tames those vampire and cyborg hookers .... that would be lol

Yes, I agree, I mean I think for this idea to be successfully implemented it should have been done while there were no cars. Now it would only be valid if cars are (which they probably will be) so expensive that only a few people will own one.

To be honest this suggestion was more for the sake of the tamming profession than anything else. But MA knows what's best for us, so I guess a couple of cars will have to do. :scratch2:

idk, after all calypso is supposed to be sci-fi, riding animals isnt exactly sci-fi is it?

It sux that we manage to colonise other planets in the future, but we still base our vehicle designs on 1990's SUV's...
:laugh:

idk, after all calypso is supposed to be sci-fi, riding animals isnt exactly sci-fi is it?

Well, I don't think using a Scimitar (Kesmek series) is that sci-fi, also I suggested there would be some kind of chip to ride them (mind control), which storywise would be sci-fi enough I assume. :laugh:

Nah, more seriously now, I don't think cars are that sci-fi either, they've been here for a while know. If MA would be faithfulll to the sci-fi spirit they would release flying stuff instead of stuff on wheels. :p

well, sweating never looked very sci-fi to me either, and now when we have buffs (at least one so far) and some wow (i.e. cool) looking effects, I think we can have mounts and flying mounts.

just slap up a couple of metal plates and a bunch of wires on it, and it'll do for those who cares too much :)

There was this carton I remember I watched =-> Dino riders :) it ws SF,
the good guys use some kind of MF controle thing to communicate with dino and ride them
and other evil guys use mind controle devices...
and they were all stuck on an ancient planet with a lot of dinos...

I liked it a lot.. but now I think it is full of shit... the bad guys were all lizards... why bad guys have to be lizards ? ss..sssss.. ssssss ..

HUmannn should be evil not the lizzards :)

They can mount different type of lasaer canon on the dinos ...also entire fortress ...

Which is really BS -> you can just shoot the mount and you will win the battle , it is like very big dino and even your grandma cant miss it ->

:)))))))

oh maybe the guys from Next Island watched a lto dino riders as wel... time crytals and time travel and shit :)

[YOUTUBE]tpuhLkh358Y[/YOUTUBE]

It worked for the Star Wars films. ;)

Atho a better ratio between land on calypso vs Vehicles I dont think any tranportation is needed here at all since it is such a small set of land masses.

Vehicles with all these hills are going to be dam near totaly useless I think as they will end up with major bugs for sure.

Eu is EU if you all want vehicles go play Crysis type games..If you want mounts go back to WoW. all these additions are detracting from EU's one and only draw of being different from everyone else.

If you keep adding the same lame shit everyone else has its gonna go down the tubes even faster.

I saw this with 3 other mmo's I played. The more they added stuff from other games the lamer it got till it became a kiddie infested pile of shit. This is where we are headed from all this stuff they are adding.

Atho a better ratio between land on calypso vs Vehicles I dont think any tranportation is needed here at all since it is such a small set of land masses.

Vehicles with all these hills are going to be dam near totaly useless I think as they will end up with major bugs for sure.

Eu is EU if you all want vehicles go play Crysis type games..If you want mounts go back to WoW. all these additions are detracting from EU's one and only draw of being different from everyone else.

If you keep adding the same lame shit everyone else has its gonna go down the tubes even faster.

I saw this with 3 other mmo's I played. The more they added stuff from other games the lamer it got till it became a kiddie infested pile of shit. This is where we are headed from all this stuff they are adding.

I have to agree with you on the adding stuff part Trina, but why add new professions like tier upgrading and all kinds of items which result in a paraphernalia of stored and looted items when you have not sorted out the old ones like tamming or scanning?

I must insist it's not about the mount concept which is not new to anyone who played MMOs for the last 10 years. It's about:

If you're going to implement transportation you might as well do it in a manner that makes both the economy and one useless professional category more dynamic. ;)

Last edited:
Could not agree more, making all pets tamable and rideable and having this an option along withe the cars would be exactly they way it should be done and hopefully will be. Perhaps those of us who have stuck with the taming profession for years can consider this a slight nod in our direction.

Time will tell, but I would bet the taming profession will come in greatly expanded when it returns, whenever that may be.

can't find /etc/fstab in MS-Windows :(:(:(

Yes i love to rid on a Merp Stalker trhough PvP4 blasting away Ubers.

No i dont want to look like some-other-mmo-which-we-cant-name-here-but-every-body-knows too much .

walking or some vehicles big ideas

walking hours or jump if have enough ped
big idea ,~all mmo( small -big budget, fr ee) have mounts -of other object to transportation will be fast, lot of ppl left entropia because VERY BORING ( lot of part but walking the 1 of most boring ...) if U ( eu players) say not need mounts as in other POPULAR -well known MMOs, than see what MA told years ago, what the hell U do whith taming pet ? other mmo U get a ped a lil INGAME cash/or drop not as in eu where based on RCE get items from REAL cash, lot of ppl started way of pet taimar & now all waste ? think before say something, WHO not need biologikal mount get a chopper(1percon capable sliding vehicle as saw before in cities)-car & BUY fuel to travel NORMAL speed, but if U like bio "alive" vehicles"" can mount the bio mobs around the planet ( if U see any sci-fi big tecno races also use organic "mobs" to travel, not only mechanical vehicles)

maybe was fun for U while played another 3 lama MMO ( as U said) while others travelled their organic mounts U walked in Ur legs only:D

It worked for the Star Wars films. ;)

yeah, we now have "jedi powers" like elecetric attack, add the vechiles and riding mounts we soon will have our own Star Wars feeling ;)

Meh. Anything they can add that doesn't make EU more of a WoW clone should have priority IMO. And this is coming from a tamer who assumed for years riding would be a part of the system.

I'd like to see FPC differ by more than its RCE from WoW. It originally had an interesting sci-fi backstory and a unique theme and feel that was fairly apt. There's been a continual decline of that theme and coherence for a very long time. I wish they'd fire and rehire as necessary to regain some kind of direction and coherence.

EU has turned into a MMORPEbay: there's a crappy, cheap, unimaginative knock-off product for any whim (at a price).

End rant...

Yes, of course it is :)
Stormtroopers in Star Wars, at the beginning in the desert.

Trying to think of more now, but cant :(

that has been hinted at in the past, the pet system is being improved before it comes back, who knows this might be in it.

Yeah I'm sure they are also "improving" the feed system for pets.

They will introduce "synthetic" nutrio bars at TTs to undermine the established economy just like they did with the mind essence market.

After all don't want to give something for nothing to those that just gather fruit and sell for profit.

<on topic>

They should introduce mounts to owned pets. I'm sure autos will be quite expensive with the decay. Let the pets with mounts be the "economincal" mode of transportation.

Have you guys headed out to Fort Ithaca Stable?

Look up and check the statues at the entrance. :yay:

Oh really ?

20051128_2_bg.jpg

:)

Dune. One of the greatest sci-fi epics of all time.

The Fremen rode the sandworms both as transportation, and as part of the coming of age rites.

walking hours or jump if have enough ped
big idea ,~all mmo( small -big budget, fr ee) have mounts -of other object to transportation will be fast, lot of ppl left entropia because VERY BORING ( lot of part but walking the 1 of most boring ...) if U ( eu players) say not need mounts as in other POPULAR -well known MMOs, than see what MA told years ago, what the hell U do whith taming pet ? other mmo U get a ped a lil INGAME cash/or drop not as in eu where based on RCE get items from REAL cash, lot of ppl started way of pet taimar & now all waste ? think before say something, WHO not need biologikal mount get a chopper(1percon capable sliding vehicle as saw before in cities)-car & BUY fuel to travel NORMAL speed, but if U like bio "alive" vehicles"" can mount the bio mobs around the planet ( if U see any sci-fi big tecno races also use organic "mobs" to travel, not only mechanical vehicles)

maybe was fun for U while played another 3 lama MMO ( as U said) while others travelled their organic mounts U walked in Ur legs only:D

To be quite honest the games I played before were larger and better set up for mounts to be used. Hell in one game the housing areas (all 3 of them) were larger then EU is as a whole. Each housing area had 5 routes set up like bus routes where you bought a token and rode the horse to the closest stop near your house. Then a few years after they did player controable mounts wayy before Wow was even started. You did quests to get them and once you got them you could ride them thru the landscape to the many different instanced areas which is how they did things other then the 3 realm shared pvp area. BTW they hold the record for the largest pvp battle in a game. It was over 5000 players in one fight and guess what..not half as laggy as EU is with 12 people and 15 mobs on the screen.

But getting back to the point... that was the start of them just making the game far too easy to play and in the end everyone got bored and left within a 6 month period. They went from 15 servers down to one and to this day its still not half full to its useable capacity because you can be at max level in a few weeks time even after playing all 7 expansions the did.

If thats what you guys want for EU by all means keep asking for a cut and paste cookie cutter game like the rest of the MMO's but dont be surprised when the day comes that everyone just walks away because it WILL happen.

And to answer your question.. I had every mount available but yes I still walked most places as I like to be in the game not just cruise thru it in a vehicle or mount. The illistrators in most games have neat little things they always like to hide that surprise people who actually get out and play the game not camp and grind.

Back