Mounts

can't find /etc/fstab in MS-Windows :(:(:(

Try Linux :)

I think riding mobs is more sci-fi than having cars to drive... Remember Starwars, Dune, Planet of the Apes, Avatar...
It would be great to have some mobs, not all, that you could ride ! I want to do tp runs riding my ambulimax :))

Last edited:
idk, after all calypso is supposed to be sci-fi, riding animals isnt exactly sci-fi is it?

I think the movie AVATAR was pretty sci-fi, and they had some awesome mounts. The flying things they tamed, the robot fighting mounts, etc. Me thinks you not watch much sci-fi :scratch2:

It was over 5000 players in one fight and guess what..not half as laggy as EU is with 12 people and 15 mobs on the screen.

well that a thing maybe will lags, but thats depend MA how make/optimalize
i get lot of mounts in wow , not all but get the achi :yay: i am not pvp player than pvp mounts hard to get :) ofc me too walk around the world ( canT use mounts in instas:mad: , donT know how muh U walking in entropia & from since?, but i terrible boring when MUST get TP again just because MA tought what funny will for players if they spend hours AGAIN to get TPs . . . & I like using travel systems to as in wow-aion-other places where avaible because BORING walking across the whole world ,other games example diablo ,using waypoints, thats faster than entropia walking/tp system & I think better
game laggy/need lot of memory : ent ropia use graphical letters, not FONTS as OS use, that need lot of extra memory+ bad visual on low VGA systems, as i saw before, lot of ppl around used integrated VGA systems, & they all ended entropia whith this thing , today i tested whitha geforce5700 & was catastrofic . . . i thought 1 st chinese version/text ingame but after realized just because using picture fonts, not trutype/open or other OS based fonts :(

for lags&hard sys req: i saw many things which increase the req memory /cpu usage& think now still exist they ingame, maybe once will remove , or if someone get enough strong pc to overpower it can play smothli whith readable ingame text + others
whithout mounts lot of player end playing before they started "really" play
i told lot of ppl about ent ropia but ~ all stopped after 1-2 hours, some ppl after when met scammers& thiefs
if U personally not need mount or wanna buy 1 machine vehicle for xxxx ped, Ur welcome ;) but i hope can ride my lil pets whos w8ing me since MA removed them

The Empire Strikes back stinky Tauntauns comes to mind as well.

EU should have mounts IMO they make more sense than vehicles. What I mean is the animals are already there and just need taming and fed. Vehicles have to either be shipped, manufactured and require fuel and maintenance. Specific situations might call for vehicles and mounts but for me TP chips are the way to go.

Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, of course it is :)
Stormtroopers in Star Wars, at the beginning in the desert.

Trying to think of more now, but cant :(

Can't remember if they were in the original cut or the "improved" :rolleyes: re-release but there's also the tauntauns in The Empire Strikes Back. Damn you beat me to it Sirhc.

How about the worms in Dune, yes I know they stood on top of them but they did steer them.

Lexx where the ships were giant insects.
Vampire Hunter D (anime) - cyborg horses.

went through my entire dvd collection and thats all I could find that weren't just normal horses, weren't ridden or not sci-fi related.

Last edited:
Right. It's usually used in sci-fi as an indicator of being in a backwards area of the universe or a primitive planet. I've been wracking my brain trying to think of other examples and really can't. You've got the troopers on backwards, outer-rim Tatooine riding big lizards and banthas, the deceptively primitive Gungans riding different critters, etc etc in star wars.

The Amber chronicles, Glory Road, and many other fantasy works have mounts...

As i said before, i have no problems with rideable pets, i just don't want to turn EU/FPC into any more of a fantasty RPG.

Last edited:
I would really like to see a vanity pet system like in WOW, a baby Atrax or spider would be kinda cool though I don't think it will happen in such a way.

Right. It's usually used in sci-fi as an indicator of being in a backwards area of the universe or a primitive planet. I've been wracking my brain trying to think of other examples and really can't. You've got the troopers on backwards, outer-rim Tatooine riding big lizards and banthas, the deceptively primitive Gungans riding different critters, etc etc in star wars.

That's not quite true. The tauntauns were used because the "high tech" solution wasn't adapting to the cold very well. They used the animals because, in that situation, they were the better fit.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that the deserts of Arrakis (Dune) were rather nasty on the technology used, between the dust storms and just dealing with sand getting into every little crack and crevice.

Sometimes, the "primitive" solution is simply more logical, and better suited to the environment.

That's not quite true. The tauntauns were used because the "high tech" solution wasn't adapting to the cold very well. They used the animals because, in that situation, they were the better fit.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that the deserts of Arrakis (Dune) were rather nasty on the technology used, between the dust storms and just dealing with sand getting into every little crack and crevice.

Sometimes, the "primitive" solution is simply more logical, and better suited to the environment.

In the untamed, primitive environments of Hoth and Arrakis the native life obviously was better suited, but that's my point. They were untamed, primitive places. Frankly, a civilization with hyperdrive, sentient droids, and moon-sized space stations that can't do better than a Tauntaun deserves to go to the Sith. :p

More importantly, both of those examples have strong fantasy elements to them. I'm still trying to come up with a hard science-fiction work with mounts. The Sky People has brain-controlled dinosaurs on Venus as beasts of burden but it's basically tongue-in-cheek golden age fantasy in a sci-fi facade. And again, they are used because bringing in tractors to the primitive colony is prohibitively expensive, so it's the same thing.

For the most part mounts (horses) have been rendered obsolete where I live. Ranching is mostly ran from quads and pickups. Some still indulge in horse back riding, but its mostly a status symbol. Perhaps that is the role pets/mounts could fill. ;)

The Amber chronicles, Glory Road, and many other fantasy works have mounts...

As i said before, i have no problems with rideable pets, i just don't want to turn EU/FPC into any more of a fantasty RPG.

The way I see it EU will never be like any fantasy RPG, because if it does the whole customer base will disapear. It is a genre of it's own. Also regarding that issue I would be more troubled with the Quests/Missions. :laugh:

Would then there also be crazy-decay mounts available from the TT, I wonder? :D

now when we have buffs (at least one so far)

Waa? I only remember reading about some damage over time effects. Would some kind soul fill me in?

mmmm....I want to ride my kodo....oh wait...thats blasphemy. :D

Back