Mouse Freezing

toorged

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Todd Toorged DeGroot
Hey all - this is a very weird issue, put together a new PC and started to play EU last night. Now when in game my mouse will freeze for 10-15 sec's then come back to life.

Prior to playing in the virtual universe I never experienced this issue, just when in EU.

I'm checking to see if anyone has this problem or had & knew of a fix.

Asus A8N SLI-Premium
2 GIG Corsair memory
evga GF 7900 GT
AMD 64 +3700
WD 250 SATA II HD
MS intellimouse, USB - optical

Press your spacebar. It toggles the cursor on/off.

Presence said:
Press your spacebar. It toggles the cursor on/off.
Aim-mode has to be enabled from options first, otherwise pressing space doesn't have effect.

Is that intellimouse wireless? If so, maybe you're running low on batteries?
Otherwise, try updating your mouseware / drivers.

My cursor literally freezes up, like i said for 10-15 sec. Everything in game keeps going.

Thanks, i did try that but...see above. :)

try also turning off those mouse softwares running background

Wish i had some running in the background, just plugged my mouse in the USB port, WIN recognized it and installed the driver and away it went.

I'm clueless on this one...weird.

Wow, its like looking in a mirror, except for the vid card, your system appears to be identical to mine...

unfortunately, i am not seeing that problem.

my input, latest drivers, blah blah...

when your mouse freezes, does the light go out?, does it start to blink rapidly?

does it freeze outside of game?

try running 800x600 resolution on your desktop before launcing game...so as to free up more vid memory....(just a test)

try another mouse, or another usb port if you have one on front....

delete the mouse out of system devices and let it redetect.

just some random musings....

Kwel NetStalker...great minds think alike.

All lights stay on when it freezes, i've tried all 6 usb ports, still having same problem.

Deleted the mouse and it still has the same problem.

Tried another mouse, same issue.

I put 2 mouses on the system and when 1 freezes i grab the other one and it works fine.

Some type of conflict i recon. Trying to locate possible updated USB 2.0 drivers, thinking that might be the issue.

i have the same motherboard. and when using the asus driver the sys locked up after 5-20 minutes. i changed to the nvidia nforce4 drivers, problem solved.

if you are using the asus drivers you might try to change to the nvidia drivers

I have had exactly the same problems you've got right now.
I cannot recall what the problem was but I will think about it for a while. I will tell you if I come up with the solution :)

good luck however :)

I have a similar problem on an older Dell laptop under XP Pro, service pack 2: If I use a USB mouse with EU, it'll hang everything. It works much better with a PS/2 mouse or the touch pad.

sob said:
i have the same motherboard. and when using the asus driver the sys locked up after 5-20 minutes. i changed to the nvidia nforce4 drivers, problem solved.

if you are using the asus drivers you might try to change to the nvidia drivers

Thanks Sob, i'm going to DL right now to see if that corrects the issue.

umm

if you are using an intellimouse explorer 4.0 you should also install the REAL drivers... the driver windows loads are NOT sufficient.

dl_M-imEx.jpg

http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/A/D/4AD6E2D9-0DE0-48A8-9F22-A2B49F5ABED5/IP55_32Eng.exe

Back