MS9's Hysterical EU Moments - (Video)

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
I've compiled quite a few photos from over the years and gave them all captions, and while they will tickle your funny bone, I also wanted to highlight how things were prior to VU10. I may do another video of captioned photos after VU10 later on.

If you have some memorable and humorous moments of your own, please post them with captions so we all can have a chuckle or two.

(best watched at YouTube in HD and expanded to read better)​

really nice video, like always:wtg:

LOL some pretty funny ones there :laugh:

This was Project Entropia...

Welcome to.... huh, what is today's game name ?....

:laugh: very nice!!! :yup:

Great! Sitting at my desk with tears in my eyes for a world that doesn't exist anymore....hope my supervisor doesn't come in...

Reactions: Mac
what i wouldn't give to hunt drones north of twin again.

thanks for the memories. :)

As said on EP - this is awesome :)

I'm sad to see you leave our Universe - but I can understand your motions.

Great memories there ^^

Here's one from the old days - cheers on a great friendship:

DWDIIYA

HUGS

Glad you guys got a chuckle out of the video, it was fun to put it together, but I have so many photos from over the years that it was hard to choose from.

And Lykke ... I remember well when you and Peter invaded my apartment and did the nasty all over the place. :laugh: You guys really made a mess - I had the Pledge going for days. :silly2:

I still have that apartment in the Platinum Building on Treasure Island - was my first. :)

Why do I know more Avas that have left as joined?

I can totally understand your thinking about this, because it was just recently that I was cruising through the membership list at this forum and found myself rather surprised at how many of our more active and notable players have left. I mean, I was really surprised when I saw so many names that I've been quite familiar with over the past 6+ years totally gone.

I don't know, there seemed to be more of a sense of community and camaraderie going on than there is now, with more of a collective energy in our game play, and I have a feeling that it would still exist if our evolution was handled a bit differently.

Great! Sitting at my desk with tears in my eyes for a world that doesn't exist anymore....hope my supervisor doesn't come in...

I know exactly what you mean my dear ... and while I'm all for advancement, it doesn't mean that the universe has to lose it's charm or specialness along the way. So much has happened that has split this community up in a not so positive way, and that's unfortunate.

We have always had our share of disgruntled players, but I remember when the environment used to be SO much more vibrant and alive with exciting things happening all the time. At any rate, it is what it is and the only consolation I can see at this point in time is that a few new planet partners will do right by the community and give them something special ... even though MA controls the RCE factor, which is what many are complaining more about unfortunately.

what i wouldn't give to hunt drones north of twin again.

thanks for the memories. :)

I'm with you on that one Lhava ... we had many, many great times North of Twin hunting Drones and Toopers, and it would be great to have that experience again, but ... things have evolved and the game changes. I'm not saying MA totally made a mess of things by any means, because I don't think they have - just that decision making could have been better overall.

As we watch the future unfolding of this universe, I hope that we find better decision making that will foster better development, and a more cohesive environment that finds everyone a bit happier about their experiences. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing MS9. :)

Because you ain't active playing, thus not meeting new players.

quite true, but times have changed. "Hi dot" is not used anymore and when used it's flooded by global spam. I was used to use my FL, but now it's mostly grayed out and this is not a good motivation, psycologically ;). It's like fallen leafs and spring is still not back.

Alas, another Star has dimmed in the Calypso nightscape. MS9, I have always enjoyed your comments, posts, and insight into this (somewhat) fractionated (and, yes, fractious) universe we call our virtual home. I will miss this. Seems that without you in it, Calypso loses a very important voice of reason, fairness, and impartiality...one which I know MA will regret losing as well (even if they don't/won't admit it due to TOC/EULA rule 10-55.329867/b subsection a thru x ;) ). I hope this will not be a final goodbye but merely "See ya when I see ya" sort of thing. If not, then let me say that it was (and is) a pleasure to have conversed with you from time to time. You have helped bring this world (kicking and screaming though it was) to a better place (I know---still needs a LOT of improvement).

I will miss you greatly.

All the best to you in your endeavours now and in the future, Hon. :hug:

All my love,

Dan

ps...somehow, my sig seems somewhat poignant in that we have lost a great fighter now.

Last edited:
Alas, another Star has dimmed in the Calypso nightscape. MS9, I have always enjoyed your comments, posts, and insight into this (somewhat) fractionated (and, yes, fractious) universe we call our virtual home. I will miss this. Seems that without you in it, Calypso loses a very important voice of reason, fairness, and impartiality...one which I know MA will regret losing as well (even if they don't/won't admit it due to TOC/EULA rule 10-55.329867/b subsection a thru x ;) ). I hope this will not be a final goodbye but merely "See ya when I see ya" sort of thing. If not, then let me say that it was (and is) a pleasure to have conversed with you from time to time. You have helped bring this world (kicking and screaming though it was) to a better place (I know---still needs a LOT of improvement).

I will miss you greatly.

All the best to you in your endeavours now and in the future, Hon. :hug:

All my love,

Dan

ps...somehow, my sig seems somewhat poignant in that we have lost a great fighter now.

My Dear Dan ... thank you, not only for your most appreciated words, but for the support you have always given me over the years without fail. You have been a wonderful friend, and I have definitely enjoyed every interaction we ever shared.

One of the things that has always been important to me is this community, and that they be respected and appreciated for what they contribute to this universe that keeps MindArk going. I don't think that it has happened to the degree that it needs to happen, especially with this game being a real cash economy.

I think the worst infraction has been lack of communication and information that would have endeared the player base more, and certainly would have garnered more support. We have now been witness to just how much importance this plays in the grander scheme of things with Arkadia, and the phenomenal job that Dave (Ozi) and his A-Team have done. All questions are responded to, and the community is far more forgiving if something isn't quite right.

MindArk is making another attempt at community interaction at EntropiaForum with the "Ask MindArk" section, but I'm not quite sure how well that is going yet, so I guess we'll see over time how it fares. I'm glad that they're at least engaging in dialogue that may open up channels a bit more, so in that respect, it's a good thing.

I have always wanted what's best for this community, and over the years if something struck me as not right, then I became vocal about it (perhaps on behalf of the community - unsolicited of course), but then it was just my perspective. However, I've always tried to bring reason, logic, critical thinking, and evidence to support whatever came out of this purple matter.

Some disagreed, and that's ok, because my goal was not to persuade everyone to my thinking, but rather to present information as food for thought, and then everyone could do with it as they please. Some did, and some decided to make a big deal out of it, but even that is ok, because it showcases the many sides of our community and how we're all affected.

MS9 as this community has known her is finally done ... and while I won't be doing any more reporting, no magazine work, no front page work, nor any in-game activities, I'll still be hanging around to remain connected to the many special friends that I have made over the past 6+ years, as well as to watch how the universe continues to unfold. Just because I'm finally walking away from the usual activities, it doesn't mean that I lose knowledge or experience, nor that my brain turns to mush.

If there is a discussion in the forums that I feel I have something of value to add to, then I will ... just like many before me who have left and still do. However, I think the majority of my posting will probably be at EP, because I fully intend to continue supporting Lykke and Peter in their effort to develop that forum into an even greater environment.

Thanks again for your thoughtful comments Dan, they mean a lot.

HUGS!

PS ... yes, your signature is quite relevant, and ... your comment about the TOU/EULA rule thingy cracked me up ... but you're probably right about that as well, unfortunately.

i fear it will be a bitter place without your sweat thoughts. - ; )

gl to you

i fear it will be a bitter place without your sweat thoughts. - ; )

gl to you

Well my dear ... I never really got into "sweating" ... so there's no loss there! :laugh:

But I know what you meant Hon, and I appreciate the thought - thank you. ;)

horrible habit in EU is that one can't type sweat anymore

- ; P

*sweet is of course implied*

Back