MSN, AIM, ICQ and Yahoo Gateways now available for Entropians IM client

Site Admin
Admin
A new feature has been added to the Entropians IM server, allowing members to be simultaneously logged in to their EntropiansIM, MSN, AOL Instant Messenger and ICQ accounts, all from a single program. :yay:

To utilize this feature, simply click on the icon corresponding to the external network you wish to sign in to:

picture.php

You will then be presented with a dialog box where you will need to enter your username and password for your account on the external IM network:

picture.php

Once you have signed on, the client will retrieve your contacts and any undelivered messages or alerts from the external server, and display those via the Entropians IM client.

Familiar icons are shown next to contacts in your roster list, so that you can easily identify which network a particular contact on your roster list is a member of:

picture.php

Note that members of the local EntropiansIM network will either display their chosen avatar, or whitespace if they have not defined an avatar.

These icons are also shown in the chat message window for convenience:

picture.php

If you wish to disconnect from the external network, you can do so by clicking the network icon again:

picture.php

From that menu, you can also choose whether you want Entropians IM to automatically connect you to that particular IM gateway log on to the network. The last menu option allows you to delete you external IM network login info from the EntropiansIM server database.

**NOTE**
Members who use a client other than the EntropiansIM client can also make use of the IM gateway service, but the method for registering the gateway is different. For example, the Psi Jabber client uses "Service Discovery" to identify the various services offered by a Jabber server. From there, one will see:

AIM Transport
ICQ Transport
MSN Transport

right click on the desired network, and select "Register".

For other Jabber clients, please consult the documentation provided with your client for instructions on how to use a transport gateway.

**NOTE**
Your external network password is stored in the Entropians IM database using world-class standards of secure encryption; there is no possibility than I or anyone else can access your password.

Nice :)

So just to clarify ..

At work I use Audium

I can "connect with other accounts".

When I go into that menu I f.x. see:

AOL
Jabber
MSN
Yahoo

So, to be able to connect to entropians - I have to get an account at Jabber?

:) Ty and sorry for these stupid questions :rolleyes:

Awesome! I probably won't use this because I like to keep my profiles separate (weird, right? lol) but I know alot of people that need this feature. +rep!

So just to clarify ..

At work I use Audium

AOL
Jabber
MSN
Yahoo

No, that won't work.

You would need to configure your Adium client to first connect to your account on EntropiansIM first (probably by using lykke@entropians.com in the JID field of the logon screen in the Adium client).

I'll download Adium now to see how the transport gateway is implemented. BRB

Oops, forgot that Adium is a Mac client (I've never owned a Mac, but those new MacBook Air laptops are very appealing...)

Anyway, I found a screenshot on AdiumX website that should be informative (screenshot in bottom right-hand corner):

http://www.adiumx.com/screenshots/

Oops, forgot that Adium is a Mac client (I've never owned a Mac, but those new MacBook Air laptops are very appealing...)

Anyway, I found a screenshot on AdiumX website that should be informative (screenshot in bottom right-hand corner):

http://www.adiumx.com/screenshots/

Alrighty :) I look into that! Thanks a bunch!

So just to clarify ..

At work I use Audium

AOL
Jabber
MSN
Yahoo

Simply connect to your MSN or whatever you use as usual.
Then set up EIM by going to Jabber and set up new connection using your lykke@entropians.com as ID.

edit: In other words you don't "have to get an account at Jabber", Jabber is simply the messaging protocol you'll use.

great i think i can just use Entropians now. As long as i can figure out how to block people. anyone want to point that out quickly to me?

Cool 711

so now im registered also on ICQ Yahoo and AIM :D

i added my EntropiansIM to log in to those networks :D

and if somone wants to reach me they can find contact information on my website www.idosunrider.com

i would like to ask any current Yahoo or AIM users to try the instant chat links to verify if they work ...

I used URI to open a chat window to my user ... cant find one for ICQ tho if anyone knows please share...

also im curious if there will be URI codes for hte Entropians? 711 any comments? (still waiting on that icon :D possibly 75x75)

GL all

Actually now we are getting there - just logged onto my ICQ account that I haven't used for 3 years :D

**NOTE**
Your external network password is stored in the Entropians IM database using world-class standards of secure encryption; there is no possibility than I or anyone else can access your password.

Security is good. What's the privacy policy over there?

Thanks,

AG

Also, this is designed so that all clent IM traffic passes through the entropians.com IM server?

Thanks

AG

great i think i can just use Entropians now. As long as i can figure out how to block people. anyone want to point that out quickly to me?

Ok now i REALLY like this IM. Cause i can get rid of msn now and just use it.

IMPORTANT!

What contacts you block when you are logged into MSN Live Messenger DO STAY BLOCKED when you log into EntropiansIM.

It's an important thing to me to be able to block a few people.

...bump!

THis message should be long enough now. :)

Also, this is designed so that all clent IM traffic passes through the entropians.com IM server?

Thanks

AG

Yes, all Jabber networks that provide gateways to other IM networks work in this manner, as do other "all-in-one" IM services such as Trillian, GPlus, etc.

Any chance Googletalk would be added in the future?

Regards Coach

Yes, all Jabber networks that provide gateways to other IM networks work in this manner, as do other "all-in-one" IM services such as Trillian, GPlus, etc.
Are you using Openfire Server for EIM?

Back