MSR - Notes to the Community

Status

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
Sometimes ... a quick note needs to be made to the community regarding MSR, and this will be the thread to convey those messages.

MSR Note 090909 ...

1 - there was no news segment this week as it is being revamped ... stay tuned for an announcement for when it will air again

2 - the radio was off-air for a while earlier this morning as Twitchie was having a computer issue, but it's up and running from my jukebox now while he gets it sorted out ... so there's music in the air again :yay:

3 - MS9 is having a Diving Board Death Olympics PvP Party on the pier at Corinth Beach later this evening ... it's a birthday celebration, and probably starting about 22:00 in-world time. :wtg:

MSR Note 091509

A comment was made to me by someone I have not known personally, but was told that a friend of mine whom I do trust would vouch for this person's honor. I am taking the comment at face value without names or evidence, because the accusation is serious enough to warrant a statement from me to the community.

It was said that a couple of MSR supporters were being disruptive during another radio station's live show by constantly spamming the MSR radio station link. While I understand that open chat is available to anyone to post what they want, there is a courtesy that should be exhibited at a location where a radio station DJ is hosting a live show. This prevents confusion to the guests who are participating in the radio show activities.

If a DJ or radio station supporter visits various cities to advertise an upcoming live show or event, I see nothing wrong with this, but for people to be present at one radio station's live show and spam another station's radio link, this is not acceptable, and can only be seen as disruptive.

I want to assure the community that neither I, nor my partner Twitchie, condone such behavior, and ask that if anything of this sort happens in the future that names be written down and a PM sent to me at EF with full disclosure of what took place, along with chat screenies to support any accusations. It's easy to point fingers, but evidence is key, so please be sure to not only write down names, but also get chat screenies.

However, do not upload this information to the EF Gallery, but rather PM me and I will give you an email address where you can send everything.

We have no knowledge of this type of activity occurring, nor do we promote it. Having supporters is appreciated, but this type of behavior is not, and if clear evidence can be presented of such, it will be dealt with directly. If this behavior did occur, then I'm surprised that the DJ, or even the station manager didn't bring it to my attention, so I'm still a bit skeptical that this actually took place.

There are three radio stations that offer a service to the community, and it presents a choice depending on what your flavor of music is. One could listen to and attend live radio shows and events presented by all three and have an enjoyable time doing so. There is no need for any of the radio stations, nor their supporters, to cause grief for each other.

For MSR, we are slowly but surely developing a solid and quality foundation for where we want to take our programming agenda, as well as the expansion of staff. This is something that is not happening overnight by the mere nature of what we have in the pipeline that requires careful attention to detail, but it's all going to be worth the effort.

Our mission is community building, and therefore, we are more than just 24/7 music, which is not to say that there's anything wrong with that ... not in the least. Each radio station has its own degree of community building, but for MSR, our entire foundation is focused on it in an effort to expand our entertainment value, and to get the community more interactive. There is much in development to achieve this goal, and the community will soon discover what this all means.

In the meantime, we wish continued success to the other two radio stations, and hope that we can coexist without challenges, or disruptions brought on by unnecessary behaviors that serve no purpose other than to cause drama and hard feelings. MSR has had its own disruptions by outsiders who support another radio station, and these types of engagements only take away the fun that members of our community have come to expect from our efforts.

Once again, I assure you, that if an MSR supporter was truly being disruptive at another radio station's live show, this was happening without our knowledge, and I ask that if this ever occurs again that it be brought to my attention immediately via PM at EF, or even in-world if you have me on your FL. We will not tolerate this type of behavior by any MSR supporter because it is misrepresenting what we stand for.

Thank You

MSR Additional Note 091509

It just occurred to me that this past Sunday, Twitchie and I were at Port Atlantis gathering a group of newbies to run to Swamp Camp, and then on to Billy's and Camp Phoenix. Twitchie was doing his live show and the newbies were given the MSR radio link in chat so that they could tune in since there were going to be contests, and so that Twitchie could give instructions that would support a more successful run, especially in light of experiencing about 6 server crashes the Sunday before when we did this during a 15 minute period of time and got separated.

These activities have become an integral part of our community building, and we are doing more toward supporting new players, but ... I just realized that this past Sunday, Desire from Atlas Haven Radio brought her Orange Sunday show back and was broadcasting from Port Atlantis. Therefore, this may be perhaps where the alleged incident took place, and the impression that spamming of the MSR radio station link was occurring. The person who reported this didn't tell me where it occurred, nor could present names, so I'm still not sure about all of this.

Desire's Orange Sunday show also supports new players, which is always commendable, and our radio stations broadcasting live in the same place was coincidental, and MSR was at PA only long enough to gather the newbies and head out to Swamp Camp. In this case, I see nothing wrong with both radio stations giving their respective radio links in chat so that those who are engaged in their activities know where to tune in.

At any rate, intentional disruption by any radio station's supporters of another is not acceptable and needs to be dealt with by the respective radio station managers to stop it. Granted, there are non-supporters who feel the need to be disruptive, and those who intrude on MSR activities are being handled in an appropriate manner.

MSR Note 092009

During my Flashback Oldies show today (Sun, Sep 20th) at 21:00 in-world time, we will be conducting TP runs to as many of the new TP's as possible.

Come meet us on the pier at Corinth Beach while we listen to oldies on MSR and wait for everyone to catch up with us. Then engage in some crazy-ass fun and comical chat banter while picking up any of the new TP's that you don't already have. Even if you do have them, join us for the adventure that these group escapades provide.

See you at 21:00 :wtg:

MSR Note 092309

I am very pleased to announce that MSR has confirmed a future interview with Zac Simpson, the journalist who wrote the recent 3-Part Entropia Universe Expose. Discover how he was introduced to Entropia Universe, what inspired him to write the expose, what his experiences were during the research, and much more. This interview will take place sometime in November, after we have produced the interviews for John Bates and Deathifier.

MSR is working with a professional website designer/developer and a feature will be included that will not only allow you to connect directly to MSR Radio, but also to the interactive blog-talk radio events. There will be an MSR in-world pre-show that will lead into each interview event.

MSR Note 092709

A quick note to let the community know that MSR is planning a huge Halloween Event on Friday night October 30th during my MidNite Moods show that begins at midnight in-world time. We are working in partnership with someone in an effort to create the environment in the manner that we wish to design this special event, and I will post an update as soon as the details are available. In the meantime, mark your calendars for Friday, October 30th, and plan on putting your best Halloween costume together. If there's anything you should know about me by now, it's that there will be contests for ped and prizes ... don't miss out on the fun. :wtg:

MSR Radio Link

MSR Note 100109

Just a quick FYI ... that the www.MindStarRadio.com website temp page is up and running with direct access to the radio stream. :yay:

Our professional AND sexy geek gurus are in the process of designing and building out the new MindStar Radio website, and there will be cool things available when we are ready to officially launch the website.

Who they are will be announced when the site is officially launched. :D

Thank You ! :bowdown:

MSR Note 100509

During the remaining weekends of October, beginning with the 10th and 11th, MSR will be providing as much live radio coverage as possible of the ...

As such ... our regularly scheduled Saturday and Sunday events will either be rescheduled to an earlier time during the week, or on hold until this major event has concluded. Stay tuned to the MSR sub-forum for updates.

Good Luck to all of the participants in this event. :boxer:

Additional MSR Note 100509

I had to share this with the community, because it's just that special. A member of the Irken Invaders has been a consistent and regular supporter of MSR events and activities, and has also been quite helpful as a healer during many of our adventures.

The person I'm referring to is Kruts (aka Afigens at EF). He is not only an all around guy and quite helpful and fun on our many MSR adventures, but ... he is also quite the photo artist. He adds a special touch to some of his photos, and often with a humorous twist ... I love them immensely, and you can check out some of his photo contest entries in the MSR Athena Spaceport TP Run threads here.

What inspired me to make this post is the most recent entries that Kruts made in the 5th MSR Athena Spaceport TP Run thread, and these 3 just blew me away ...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

What an incredible likeness of the MSR logo ...

1a-msr-plainpurplelogo.jpg

I have been so impressed with the photos that Kruts has presented over the past several weeks, that I am officially inducting him as the first ...

MSR Photo Artist

I'm going somewhere with this move, just like I am with the comments I've been making about the MSR Ambassadors and the MSR Honor Guard ... so stay tuned to the official announcement, and the list of members. :D

Awesome work Kruts ... I'm really looking forward to future photos as well, because you have a special eye through the camera lens, not to mention your artistic flare.

Thank You!

MSR Note 100609

Just a heads up that I finished the video from this last Sunday night's Flashback Oldies show of the total chaos contests I held in the Octagon at Corinth Beach ... there's a little surprise at the end that even I didn't know was in the video footage because I was in the radio software announcing the winner of the Glow Stick Match ... too funny!

Also ... just wanted to mention that the music track I used is an incredible remake of a classical piece Pachelbels Canon in D Major, and was done 3 years ago by a then 15 year old guitarist named Matt Rach ... his version is actually the rearrangement of the great JerryC's Cannon Rock ... Matt's version is called ... The NEW Canon Rock ... and his guitar work is amazing. He sounds a lot like Joe Satriani and Steve Vai.

Best watched at YouTube on big screen and in HQ!
(press HQ at bottom right here to watch in high quality too)

[YOUTUBE]ixhPpm2YA9Y[/YOUTUBE]​

MSR Note 100809

THE-ONCIEST JOINS MSR STAFF

It is my absolute pleasure to announce that The-Onciest has joined the MSR staff as our official graphics artist. Oncy has worked with me for quite a while now, and we have a lot of projects in development that will showcase his awesome talents. You will see more of his unique style in the upcoming Wednesday's Who's Who profile that will be published on Wed, Oct 14th.

In the meantime, you can see some of his artwork here, here, and here. Oncy is still available to do work for others of course, but I can tell you that MSR has plenty on the table at the moment to keep our young and brilliant talent busy with the projects that we will soon present to the community.

AS A SIDE-NOTE

We will be adding yet another staff member soon to assist with events and projects that have been in development for some time. This person will get into the trenches with us in an effort to bring the level of entertainment and fun to the community that MSR strives for. Stay tuned for this announcement in the near future.

ADDITIONAL NOTE

MSR has been in operation (officially) since Friday, July 10th. We have taken our time to establish a solid foundation in an effort to bring the community the quality service it deserves.

It has been slow going also, because my partner Twitchie has been involved in very lengthy IRL specialized work training that has kept him from being available to devote more of his time to our many projects. However, he now has a bit more free time, and with the help of the new person we will bring onboard, the community should be the beneficiary of our events and projects quite soon.

We will also be adding 2 or 3 new DJ's as well, which will bring more flavor to our programming schedule.

And speaking of programming schedule ... stay tuned for an announcement about our blog-talk radio feature that will air later in this month with our first interview with Entropian Evangelist John Bates. A couple of weeks or so after that, we have our special interview with Deathifier. Then in the middle of November or so, we have Zac Simpson, journalist and author of the most recent Entropia Universe Expose, along with our very own Entropian, Bagman. I am currently working on a fourth interview for the pipeline, and will announce that when it has been confirmed.

In the meantime, I will share, that MSR is working in partnership with someone to present these interviews, and I couldn't be more pleased. I will be making that announcement soon as well.

Also ... while the MSR website is being professionally designed and built out, the radio stream can be directly accessed from our temporary construction page ... MindStar Radio ... you can also click the MSR Radio Link beneath my signature. As an additional note regarding the blog-talk radio feature ... there will be a direct link access from our website to the blog-talk feature as well for an easy transition.

Lots going on, lots coming up ... stay tuned for more announcements. :D

MSR Note 100909

MSR will be providing live coverage this weekend on Saturday the 10th and Sunday the 11th for Oleg's EU World Boxing Championships Event.

Schedule is as follows: - (all times are in-world times)

Saturday, Oct 10th

12:00 - 16:30 ... MindStar9

16:30 - 21:00 ... Twitchie

Sunday, Oct 11th

12:00 - 17:00 ... MindStar9

17:00 - 21:00 ... Twitchie​

I have been informed by David Westmoreland of AHR that he has people available to cover the 21:00 - 23:00 (or end of event) time slots to provide live coverage on Atlas Haven Radio (thank you).

The EUWBC starts at 12:00 each day at Billy's in the Octagon arena.

See you there! :boxer:

MSR Note 101009

Just a heads up that the MSR 6th Athena Spaceport TP Run will take place today at 21:00 in-world time as scheduled.

We are meeting at the East Scylla Mountain TP and leaving from there as we usually do. Once we arrive at the Athena Spaceport, we will also take the group on an additional TP run to Eos and Boreas because it involves free-falling from two different tower platforms.

Even if you have the Athena Spaceport TP, come join us, and then enter the Photo Contest associated with the run. Check out the event thread for all of the details ... there's 100 ped up for grabs each week.

See you at 21:00 at East Scylla :yay:

MSR Note 101109

Unfortunately, I must cancel the Flashback Oldies show today. I have some things in real life to take care of, as well as work on the upcoming Wednesday's Who's Who profile that will be published on Wed, Oct 14th. However, we will be back in full swing next weekend. Be sure to join us at the MidNite Moods and Flashback Oldies shows to participate in the total chaos ring contests ... it's good practice, and good fun. :D

MSR Note 101909

Just a heads up that the radio may be going in and out until 10:00 in-world time due to my ISP doing emergency maintenance. It's gone out twice so far, so just know this is the case. I leave the stream connected, so that when the modem cycles it will pick up again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

MSR Note 102109

1 - The weekly Friday night MidNite Moods show has been canceled permanently.

2 - The MidNite Moods Halloween Bash on Oct 30th at the Skillin' Villains Haunted Castle has been canceled, including the associated global/hof contest.

3 - The weekly Sunday Flashback Oldies show has been canceled permanently.

4 - The weekly Saturday Athena Spaceport TP Run has been canceled permanently.

5 - All of the donations that I have received toward the anticipated newbie event are being turned over to the Participant PA Guide "Faye Ranpha to utilize in her future newbie events.

6 - The Blog-Talk Radio feature is now an independent show being brought to you by Darri from Entropia Outfitters (kpward at EF) who has been working in partnership with MSR on this project. His show will begin with the John Bates interview this Saturday the 24th, and Darri will be posting his own thread regarding this event with all of the details soon. I have also turned over the other interviews I have secured with Deathifier, as well as Zac Simpson (journalist/author of the recent Entropia Universe Expose') and our own Entropian, Bagman. Darri will be making an announcement regarding these interviews when they are getting close to being presented.

7 - The MindStar Radio stream is in the capable hands of my partner Twitchie, and the radio will continue to operate through the end of the month, or until Oleg's boxing event has concluded. After such, MSR will be shut down permanently at my request.

I'm sure at this point there are a lot of questions, but none I will entertain at this forum out of respect for 711 and the rules. My decisions are final, and while it may appear hastily made, I assure you they were not. Those who are closest to me will know where to go for answers.

In the meantime ... my very (purple) best to everyone! :beerchug:

Status
Back