Much Improvement

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
I've not been back to Compet since the first test wipe, I had problems with my PC accepting a new version.

Tonight I thought I'd give it another go, and I was quite surprised....it worked.

The setup now has an auto install program (pc tested only), I was very pleased with that, thank you. I had a slight hiccup, as the old desktop icon wasn't overwritten. However once I deleted just the desktop icons, and tried the auto install again, all went as planned and I was able to access the game.

Many of the previous bugs seem ironed out, it feels much smoother and playable.

The limit on forest battles is a pain especially if there's no one of similar level to fight in the arena, although I can appreciate the reason behind it. Personally I don't feel comfortable buying diamonds for the forest if the deeds are not paying out yet.

When that does go live it might be quite nice to have an option to send deed revenue peds to compet.

Arena battles needs some of sort of player call or queue call.

Something like "Arena battles starting in 10 mins, join the queue now" and a counter pops up or something. I think more people would be engaged with it, if people knew when there's fights available.

I like the village but it seems wasted. You can't skill pets walking around or even move them around, and they don't gain xp there.

If the Arena is going to be just pvp and there's no fighters, then the game needs another option to burn time and keep it interesting and engaging.

What if timed diamonds pop up in the village, and you select a pet to collect them? If they're not collected they disappear. It keeps players in game, rather than logging out. Which means more people waiting for Arena battle messages etc.

Anyway much more improved than the last test. Good work

Rick

I've not been back to Compet since the first test wipe, I had problems with my PC accepting a new version.

Tonight I thought I'd give it another go, and I was quite surprised....it worked.

I still have problem accepting a new version (the game takes forever ....checking servers... for me) :dunno: I'm not too much interested in playing it anymore, but I would like to open it at least (...as DEED holder); just figuring why it isn't working and if out there is a way to communicate with support(?), bah:scratch2:

version says> v0.43.02062016

Last edited:
I still have problem accepting a new version (the game takes forever ....checking servers... for me) :dunno: I'm not too much interested in playing it anymore, but I would like to open it at least (...as DEED holder); just figuring why it isn't working and if out there is a way to communicate with support(?), bah:scratch2:

version says> v0.43.02062016

I’m trying to remember what I did now.

Try deleting any compet icons on the desktop first, before attempting a new install. The new desktop icon created from the auto setup should then link to the game.

I’m sure I used the original email link to get a current download, and extracted the setup from a freeware unzip program. I’m sure there’s loads of mess under the hood on my pc from trying different installs, but it works now, so I’m happy.

I’m not sure what happens if you upgrade your pc or need a new tablet. I guess the game remembers your account, when you ‘link’ with your EU email address (in game). No one wants to rebuild their village or pets again.

I still think the game is missing the RCE element if there’s no pvp battles available. I always envisioned the pet game to be like EU, but instead of using an avatar you used a pet and instead of using guns, you used attack abilities. Then won some random loot. I don’t get why they moved away from the EU model that worked.

Maybe I’m missing something.

Good luck getting your compet up and running.

Rick

last time I tried to open the program it never would start. maybe I should try redownloading

Back