• guns like that belong in the museum

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • its property of museum owner, he can do what he wants with it

Votes: 35 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Majstorex

Old Alpha
Fisrt, I would like to say the museum is a great thing to have in game, i visited it often in the begining when i was progressing in proffesion lvls faster, now my visits are getting more rare.

So today i took a newbie friend to check out the museum.
Only to discover that the display panel that was meant for the star-mercury prototype rifle is EMPTY.

Now i have noticed this a few weeks ago when i also took a newbie to the museum, but was thinkin owner took it and it would be put back, but it hasnt happen till today. (could it be that it got fired and now cant be put back on)

So my question to current owner of museum is wtf happend to that gun?

Last edited:
there's a museum! o_O .. what is a museum?! (lol kidding.. but seriously where is there a museum XD)

you can now place anything in estates even with 0.00 tt

Maybe pay the estate owner his monthly fee an he'd be less reluctant to remove stuff? Even curators need to make a living.

Maybe pay the estate owner his monthly fee an he'd be less reluctant to remove stuff? Even curators need to make a living.

LMFAO at this.
Do u know MOST of the items were DONATED?

well its the newbies loss not being able to see that gun.

I am betting it will show back up. Maybe the owner wanted to fire it and it had some TT left. Never know.

It's no big deal really, as the owner can do what they like, and if it shows back up, it's even less than no big deal.

there's a museum! o_O .. what is a museum?! (lol kidding.. but seriously where is there a museum XD)

In case you really didn't know the place, it's a house in Atlas Haven - Coops...Uh...Something (Coop's Limited Museum I beleive)- is what the sign out front says. :D

Like the 4-5th house on the left or path coming from AH TP...You'll see a bunny, a carpet and a sign out front.

It's a cool place and really well organised from SIB and weapon types.

Suprised you wouldn't have known about it according to your join date, but if not, ya do now. :)

As per original poster: I didn't vote as i agree with both options equally.
But it may be "missing" perhaps noone has donated that rifle though. It is quite rare andunless completely broken i don't see anyone giving it up. Heck, I'd keep it even if it was broken.... :D

I do not recall ever seeing it there, although I can't say it ever was or wasn't there.

Nah, I'd let Fish put it in there....

Tippin'

Last edited:
As per original poster: I didn't vote as i agree with both options equally.
But it may be "missing" perhaps noone has donated that rifle though. It is quite rare andunless completely broken i don't see anyone giving it up. Heck, I'd keep it even if it was broken.... :D

I do not recall ever seeing it there, although I can't say it ever was or wasn't there.

Nah, I'd let Fish put it in there....

Tippin'

well gun was there, i can assure you that, nd at that time as I was told items had to have at least one use left, in order to be put on display panels(could be that was changed). Cant remember if it was before museum was sold:scratch2:
It was a great pleasure seeing a gun like that in the museum, and its a shame newbies wont be able to see it

Have you not heard??!

There has been a shameless theft at AH West! It's in the client loader and everything.

Fishface was in there yesterday doing a lot of changing and additions.
It may have been moved or is just yet to be replaced.

One thing I can say is that he does not just take and use the weapons like they are his own.
What ever he does he does with the best interest of the museum so I'd say it was something unavoidable before something nefarious.

P.S.
He's still looking for a couple RT rifles if you hear of any also.I think it was the 'Diplomat' and the 'Takeover'.

Fisrt, I would like to say the museum is a great thing to have in game, i visited it often in the begining when i was progressing in proffesion lvls faster, now my visits are getting more rare.

Only to discover that the display panel that was meant for the star-mercury prototype rifle is EMPTY.

Now i have noticed this a few weeks ago when i also took a newbie to the museum, but was thinkin owner took it and it would be put back, but it hasnt happen till today. (could it be that it got fired and now cant be put back on)

Did you try to PM the owner of the place and ask him?

I really hope my reply isn't taken in offense because when I read your post, I was offended and it isn't even my museum.

First off it is a great thing to have in the game, a museum that is funded privately by an entropian. It's not put together by the game makers for us to go look at, to go oooh and ahhhhh but it is a house that cost a fair bit to buy, that has L guns in it that cost a fair bit to buy (in the amount that's there). Yes, a few were donated but most were bought by fishface out of his own money. Money that he could spend skilling, or however he sees fit to spend his money.

But he spends his money for people like you, strangers who he doesn't even know so you can see guns you might never own , or guns you might aspire to have sometime.

Does he ask for a thank you? Nah, if you talk to him he'll virtually shrug his shoulders and say something like it isn't a big deal... or if you listen to fish talk he'd probably use the word ain't. But, you know it is a big deal. It's an awfully unselfish thing to do. There are other things he could do with the house... there are other things he could of done with the ped that he used to buy the gun collection from Coop, and the guns that he's bought since that purchase.

So I'm offended that you, the OP who I don't even know comes in here and makes a poll and say's WTF happened to a gun... You stated yourself you've gotten enjoyment out the museum, did I see a thank you? Nah... I saw someone demanding to know what happened to someone's personal property. Fish doesn't owe anything to you, or anyone.. he doesn't even have to make the house public...

So um... in short... if fish wanted to close the museum tomorrow and sell all the guns... is it actually really any of your business? Maybe I should make a poll on that. :p

:lolup:
LoL The guy runs the place for years with his own ped, and pays 10k for a place to hold it all out of his own pocket and you bitch at him when he takes a gun out of it that he owned to use for a bit. lol

:scratch2:

I really hope my reply isn't taken in offense because when I read your post, I was offended and it isn't even my museum.

First off it is a great thing to have in the game, a museum that is funded privately by an entropian. It's not put together by the game makers for us to go look at, to go oooh and ahhhhh but it is a house that cost a fair bit to buy, that has L guns in it that cost a fair bit to buy (in the amount that's there). Yes, a few were donated but most were bought by fishface out of his own money. Money that he could spend skilling, or however he sees fit to spend his money.

But he spends his money for people like you, strangers who he doesn't even know so you can see guns you might never own , or guns you might aspire to have sometime.

Does he ask for a thank you? Nah, if you talk to him he'll virtually shrug his shoulders and say something like it isn't a big deal... or if you listen to fish talk he'd probably use the word ain't. But, you know it is a big deal. It's an awfully unselfish thing to do. There are other things he could do with the house... there are other things he could of done with the ped that he used to buy the gun collection from Coop, and the guns that he's bought since that purchase.

So I'm offended that you, the OP who I don't even know comes in here and makes a poll and say's WTF happened to a gun... You stated yourself you've gotten enjoyment out the museum, did I see a thank you? Nah... I saw someone demanding to know what happened to someone's personal property. Fish doesn't owe anything to you, or anyone.. he doesn't even have to make the house public...

So um... in short... if fish wanted to close the museum tomorrow and sell all the guns... is it actually really any of your business? Maybe I should make a poll on that. :p

As you said, I did get much enjoyment visiting the museum and feel its every new players loss i take there.
U were offended by me asking what happend to that gun? ohh cmon

Have you ever been to a private museum in RL?

Maybe that house should just been renamed to Private collection of L weapons?

And u neg reppin me for asking a question :p, back at u hun

Last edited:
:lolup:
LoL The guy runs the place for years with his own ped, and pays 10k for a place to hold it all out of his own pocket and you bitch at him when he takes a gun out of it that he owned to use for a bit. lol
:scratch2:

ROFL at up.

ye its hard to understand when u have seen more fast food stands than actual museums in RL

ROFL at up.

ye its hard to understand when u have seen more fast food stands than actual museums in RL

You're a dribbling moron.

If you feel so shocked and hurt that a gun isn't there (BTW, go through the auction house, orders, available. All items ingame are there, no need for them to be in a museum) why don't you set up your own museum. If you think it's so cheap and everything was donated to him, then surely it'll cost you nothing!!

You're a dribbling moron.

If you feel so shocked and hurt that a gun isn't there (BTW, go through the auction house, orders, available. All items ingame are there, no need for them to be in a museum) why don't you set up your own museum. If you think it's so cheap and everything was donated to him, then surely it'll cost you nothing!!

thank you for your nice compliment.

Every person i ever took there was amazed by the number of items that could be seen there, the mercury prototype rifle was the cherry on top. Why did you get the feeling i was shocked??
It wouldev been ok if i refrained my question to , "will this gun be displayed in the museum again", ye?
Anyone willing to understand what my actual question to owner was in first post, had no problems doing so.

And due to all you ppl neg repin me, I feel you dont give shit about new players being able to see guns like that in places that call them selves a MUSEUM, I admit i may have set the OP qustion a bit harsh, and for that I appologize to anyone that got offended by my question, andf will not digg throu this matter again.

regards Majstorex

Last edited:
As you said, I did get much enjoyment visiting the museum and feel its every new players loss i take there.

Yep there's private museums around in RL .. and generally there's an entrance fee paid by the public to see what's in there. (The privately funded Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), soon to be Australia's biggest private museum, has an entry of $50, for example)

The L weapons museum was conceived of by Coop, but when she ran out of space to display them, Fishface generously bought out her collection, and put it on display in his house at Atlas West.

Since then, he's added to the collection considerably. Yes, some of the items have been donated, those have had little or no TT left. Many, indeed most, have been bought by Fishface at his own expense.

As he's the sole owner, what he does with it all is really up to him. If he lends a piece out for an event, or allows it to be used in filming a vid, or just puts the damn thing in storage for a year .. well, that's up to him.

So, yes, it's a private museum of L weapons. Fishface tho, being the pretty decent fellow that he is, leaves it open for players to come and view.

At no charge.

A thankyou occasionally would be appreciated tho, I'm sure.

A thankyou occasionally would be appreciated tho, I'm sure.

Biggest thank you i could give him was bringing newbies to see the collection, dont you agree?

Couse lets take a look at in from my view.
I also get nothing from bringing there new players, only the gratitude i get from them for taking them there, if you took any players there yourself you had seen their reaction to that gun.

Biggest thank you i could give him was bringing newbies to see the collection, dont you agree?

No.

Biggest thank you would be to find him, and publicly say 'thank you'. And perhaps teach those newbies you take to say 'thank you' too.

Not whine about how at the moment some gun you dont own but that you want to show off to someone isn't on display right now.

Yep there's private museums around in RL .. and generally there's an entrance fee paid by the public to see what's in there. (The privately funded Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), soon to be Australia's biggest private museum, has an entry of $50, for example)

If there was a way to charge a fee for visiting it, I'd pay it too. I guess I'll have to find another way to do it. Its really nice it exists. Too bad we cannot "preserve" corpses of mobs somehow to make a mob museum too.

No.

Biggest thank you would be to find him, and publicly say 'thank you'. And perhaps teach those newbies you take to say 'thank you' too.

Not whine about how at the moment some gun you dont own but that you want to show off to someone isn't on display right now.

wth?:scratch2:

I didn't really want to reply to this, because it's not really in my nature to be rude. But at this time, I think I need to set the record straight.

Coop started the museum some years ago in her apartment. Her original idea was to have enough weapons in it to take the new players up through graduation. See, she is a member of Rising Potentials soc, which is a society geared toward mentoring new players. So a big issue was always "which weapon comes next?" The museum was originally created to assist her society in mentoring new players.

When it outgrew her apartment, she held some items in storage, since they wouldn't fit in the apartment. She was lamenting to me one time as to what she should do. Whether she should try to get a bigger apartment, a whole floor of apartments, or whatever. Eventually, we agreed that I would buy the entire collection from her, which at that time was around 2k ped. I placed them in my house, which I had originally intended to use to hold some shopkeepers and sell some of the guns I was crafting at the time.

The original collection was 120 items, including the green display panels, plus a few that were held over in storage. Since that time, i've added over 200 additional items. Some of them were donated. Specifically, three. One more of the items was given on an "indefinite loan". None of those had any TT left on them. The remainder were bought by me. The ones that have no TT left on them were typically bought at or near TT price. The ones you see with TT on them were bought by me at full market price.

Now please consider that for a moment. Consider if an event comes along. As an example, SGA. Sometimes a new (L) weapon will drop. Take for example, the SGA apis. One bp of it drops and the owner of it crafts them and puts them on auction. When this happens, I have no way of knowing if more will drop. I have no way of knowing how many of those items will be in the game. In some cases, more drop, in other cases there are none. Regardless, this leaves me in a position to bid on the items in auction at premium price, before they are gone, but also before I find out if more will drop. This often results in me having to buy an item at a price far exceeding what ends up being the MU on it when the dust settles.

So many of the items in there represent a very large amount of peds. Ach-O-Torment's tainted whip? 4k ped. SGA LP510 Huo? 1200 ped. I'm sure you get the idea.

So when you say
LMFAO at this.
Do u know MOST of the items were DONATED?

well its the newbies loss not being able to see that gun.
I find it more than a little offensive. I've put well over 50k ped into this so far.

I maintain the museum so that new and old players alike can go there. I leave it open to the public. I've never made a single pec off of it. I don't expect a "thank you" from anyone. That's not why it's there. I take people there daily. It is a nice place to take new players.

But please understand that this is my own property, paid for by me, and put in my own house that I had intended to use to sell things out of. Under no circumstances will I allow myself to become restricted by, or beholden to other people to do what I want with my own property. I don't feel a public vote on it is necessary, nor is it appropriate.

If you enjoy the use of the museum, or you enjoy showing it to other players, then I invite you to feel free to continue. If it's something that you feel is important to the game, maybe you can also make your own museum to do with as you feel is appropriate. Perhaps an armor museum? I understand that there is a house in Corinth for sale.

But as for the whereabouts of the Star Mercury Anti-material rifle, prototype (L)? That is my own concern and none of yours.

regards,

-fishface

as in PM to fishface I a apologize for not refraining this question in a different way or PMing him prior to that.

If I offended anyone by asking the whereabouts of that gun and if it will be displayed again im sorry.

I am still sadden newbies cant see it atm when visiting the museum, only poll now giving me comfort im not only one who fells this way :(

regards Majstorex

as in PM to fishface I a apologize for not refraining this question in a different way or PMing him prior to that.

If I offended anyone by asking the whereabouts of that gun and if it will be displayed again im sorry.

I am still sadden newbies cant see it atm when visiting the museum, only poll now giving me comfort im not only one who fells this way :(

regards Majstorex

Please understand, I hold you in the highest regard.

No, I neg repped you for misinformation. You said that most of the items were donated. I fully expected you to neg rep back out of spite. I'm a big girl, I can handle it. :)

And u neg reppin me for asking a question :p, back at u hun

If there was a way to charge a fee for visiting it, I'd pay it too. I guess I'll have to find another way to do it. Its really nice it exists. Too bad we cannot "preserve" corpses of mobs somehow to make a mob museum too.

You could potentially create a "donation" place somewhere that the home owner could freely pick up from time to time or leave for passerbys to pick up as a way to help out the community... just a thought. Most museums do have entry fees, but a lot of them just take donations. Pick a spot and start dropping peds/pecs, or maybe even more L items, etc. there. Would serve a better location for this sort of thing then a place on memorial island that is there to respect the dead in my opinion.

If you don't have shopkeepers in there yet, put them in there soon as prices seem to be going up based on auction history (probably more demand now that there's no rent). I have not swung by to look around, but might soon.

Back