My account is locked

Status
Couldn't believe it when I read it, hope all misunderstanding and they get resolved soon.
Terrible timing for sure.

Free The Innocents!

Just because you haven't done anything wrong doesn't mean that you are innocent. You are not an imbicil in MA's eyes, you are a customer. They want you to be able to play. But, FIRST priority is ALWAYS the cash economy. This policy (locking ASAP) protects our money. They locked you because you are important to them.

In most players eyes, they have done the appropriate thing. I have spoken with a few friends, and they all agree that locking people up is best in these sorta situations.

The real issue is how other businesses look at this situation. I don't think any business would feel comfortable working with Mindark if the cash aspect of the economy is not secure. If these businesses see that Mindark took prompt and desicive actions to limit the financial liability caused by this, I'm sure they will come away seeing that Mindark is very good at fixing these situations.

Something that people don't always understand, or realize, is the amount of cash flowing through the system. There are MILLIONS of dollars exchanging hands (and TT's) every day. Stop and think about that. MILLIONS. Your account may only be worth a couple hundred dollars, or a couple thousand, or it may be worth nothing. But, because MILLIONS of dollars go through the system daily, people are ALWAYS trying to hack the system, or find an exploit. I can only imgaine the amount of exploit/hack attempts they receive. When one is found to have 'broken' through, they promptly stop it.

Some people would like to think it's Mindark's fault. But, maybe this issue was caused by the payment provider. Maybe some hacker wanna be at the payment provider plays EU. Maybe they saw a way to change things around a bit, and decided to go full boat on it, and gain an ass load of ped.

Whatever happened, I'm sure Mindark is handling the situation properly.

~Red

O_O.......
Surley they can see from their records in a flash how and what.......

We are the mushrooms and MA does not find us important enough to even inform the people they locked of the situation. So yeah forgive if I cannot see that I have been a valued customer for 3 years.......

Some people would like to think it's Mindark's fault. But, maybe this issue was caused by the payment provider. Maybe some hacker wanna be at the payment provider plays EU. Maybe they saw a way to change things around a bit, and decided to go full boat on it, and gain an ass load of ped.

Whatever happened, I'm sure Mindark is handling the situation properly.

~Red

Good point Red, i was thinkig about this but its realy hard for me to put here :)

It will be a very good proof to us how good MA will reakt to this. Im sure they will make all right.

mczimi

O_O.......
Surley they can see from their records in a flash how and what.......

We are the mushrooms and MA does not find us important enough to even inform the people they locked of the situation. So yeah forgive if I cannot see that I have been a valued customer for 3 years.......

You had skills in auction - Some with a pretty high buyout if I recall... If these skills were taken at BO with stolen peds, then that's the only thing they can see from their records, you selling overpriced goods to someone with dirty money.

They need to loock into every aspect, dosn't matter if you have deposited millions or nothing, they need to do it this way.

About closing down everyone - Well you don't see that IRL either do you ? if someone in your country is murdered they wont arrest the entire country untill they have worked out who did what, they will still only arrest the ones that COULD be involved...

MA can't give out any informations until the investigation is over, granted that I don't believe we will get any after either...

interesting stuff. I can understand how frustrating it must be for people to have their accounts locked when they feel they have done nothing wrong. However, surely it's better to lock down all links in a chain where someone has fraudulantly gained peds and tried to launder these peds in a variety of ways (which seems to be what the problem is).

They WILL lose some players now.. Just question how many.. MA lost some rep in my eyes.. :rolleyes:

Its not just about account lock. Its more about info. They havnt told anything for players who are locked.. Its like yours back account is locked and bank telling u - Wait... And u think about lot of stupid things like What i done wrong? I lost everything? Can i play again? When i can play again?...

Looks like I get the day off from work today as it isn't resolved. Maybe I'll venture outside and see the sun again and experience IRL for a day or 2 until it is fixed. Withdrawal symptoms from missing EU kicked in last night and I was in bed shaking in a cold sweat. Mussst sshhooot mobbssss. Mussst killlll nooobs. Its so cold, so very cold. Are the walls caving in? Omg, why are there so many mosquitos, I'm itching like crazy. Savvve meeeeeee!

*dumbass mode off* (or at least as much as possible)

I called MA again today. They're working their asses off to solve this and it will be fixed as soon as possible. They probably need to call CC Companies or Cash Providers to also help solve this shit. I'm sure it isn't easy to comb the logs for all the people this asshole or assholes bought from or sold to. Not much we can do and they probably won't post anything until it is resolved (or nearly resolved).

Its not just about account lock. Its more about info. They havnt told anything for players who are locked.. Its like yours back account is locked and bank telling u - Wait... And u think about lot of stupid things like What i done wrong? I lost everything? Can i play again? When i can play again?...

Totally agree with you Cerberis... the big fault in this is not give us any information at all. :(

Has anyone that was locked been unlocked again? :scratch2:

They need to loock into every aspect, dosn't matter if you have deposited millions or nothing, they need to do it this way.

they only need to do this in this way if they dont have PROPER logging and procedures in place to deal with a situation like this.

If the scenario presented here is true, the only people involved in this should be:
a. Mindark
b. the account and person behind it, that scammed Mindark

and since this is a "safe real cash economy" them not being able to do this any other way, and without a public statement makes them look INCOMPETENT IN THE EXTREME!

and im not even locked as far as i know, but i am really angry at what seems to be just more evidence of what poor procedures mindark has inplace.

If the scenario presented here is true, and none of the participants where involved in anything "illegal" mindark should take a long hard look at if they should even be in the MMO marketspace...

You had skills in auction - Some with a pretty high buyout if I recall... If these skills were taken at BO with stolen peds, then that's the only thing they can see from their records, you selling overpriced goods to someone with dirty money.

About closing down everyone - Well you don't see that IRL either do you ? if someone in your country is murdered they wont arrest the entire country untill they have worked out who did what, they will still only arrest the ones that COULD be involved...

MA can't give out any informations until the investigation is over, granted that I don't believe we will get any after either...

Overpriced?????
I have my avatar with 190K skills to sell and my husbands with 180K skills.
I have no time to work it all out and I work purely from the graphs in market value. All my starting bids are below market prices on the graph, selling that many skills and having not much time... the market value graphs is what is what I go on. My BO bids are last months graph as many of the skills were slightly higher then.

Lockdown...

Hi ppl,

Easy ppl... Some locking was needed, for sure. Maybe it could be just "dissallowing" of using ped card, not account locking, maybe account locking was needed for clarity, "standard procedure"... But few hours is not much in fraud situation... Imagine VISA system was hacked... But whatever reason to lock or even imposible to login (version update) - it can piss off...

Btw: Nadie was today on, Cobra is on. Etopia too and Buzz was in the morning.

Mags, yo big evade sold, 9.xx still on auction.

Easy then ppl, unlocking can take few days in some cases...

And no oficial info from MA is "standard procedure" :) They are like government in that things, political or marketing -corect behavior...

Net

Overpriced?????
I have my avatar with 190K skills to sell and my husbands with 180K skills.
I have no time to work it all out and I work purely from the graphs in market value. All my starting bids are below market prices on the graph, selling that many skills and having not much time... the market value graphs is what is what I go on. My BO bids are last months graph as many of the skills were slightly higher then.

I understand your anger about all this - But you are focusing on the wrong part of my post really...

Yes your SB was below market, your BO was above... So lets assume someone who deposited money with stolen CC bought your skills at BO (Which was above market price) then MA needs to make sure it was not you who made this avatar to sell you skills at a higher price...

You have to look at both sides of this :)

Relax, step away from the computer and wait for MA to resolve this, I'm sure writting support case upon supportcase wont help speed things up...

they only need to do this in this way if they dont have PROPER logging and procedures in place to deal with a situation like this.

If the scenario presented here is true, the only people involved in this should be:
a. Mindark
b. the account and person behind it, that scammed Mindark

and since this is a "safe real cash economy" them not being able to do this any other way, and without a public statement makes them look INCOMPETENT IN THE EXTREME!

and im not even locked as far as i know, but i am really angry at what seems to be just more evidence of what poor procedures mindark has inplace.

If the scenario presented here is true, and none of the participants where involved in anything "illegal" mindark should take a long hard look at if they should even be in the MMO marketspace...

The fact that they have proper logging and procedures is what enables them to lock down a situation like this quickly. With the risk of "illegal funds" spreading from one avatar to the next within minutes, the best course of action is to lock everyone involved (innocent or not) before the problem spreads. MA logs everything and can now sort through the logs to figure out what went wrong and who did what. That could take alot of time.

If they had not acted so quickly the situation could have been much worse, with many more accounts locked.

The way it was handled by MA shows that their security and logging system is compentent to the extreme.

Cheers :beerchug:

I understand your anger about all this - But you are focusing on the wrong part of my post really...

Yes your SB was below market, your BO was above... So lets assume someone who deposited money with stolen CC bought your skills at BO (Which was above market price) then MA needs to make sure it was not you who made this avatar to sell you skills at a higher price...

You have to look at both sides of this :)

Relax, step away from the computer and wait for MA to resolve this, I'm sure writting support case upon supportcase wont help speed things up...

No but my flight leaves in 36 hours......... well 35 by now......

The fact that they have proper logging and procedures is what enables them to lock down a situation like this quickly. With the risk of "illegal funds" spreading from one avatar to the next within minutes, the best course of action is to lock eveyone involved (innocent or not) before the problem spreads. MA logs everything and can now sort through the logs to figure out what went wrong and who did what. That could take alot of time.

If they had not acted so quickly the situation could have been much worse, with many more accounts locked.

The way it was handled by MA shows that their security and logging system is compentent to the extreme.

Cheers :beerchug:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

When did locking of accounts occur?, was last night MA time?
If so I think that indicates how serious MA believes the issue is(what ever it may be) ..I don't believe MA have 24 hours full support /staffing.

I don't know if my account has been locked or not (at work now - & wasn't discounted as many described) .

What I say in MA's defence, they have acted quickly ( something they have failed do in the past.
If the issue is to do with dodgy ped in EU, then they have acted in the correct way before this ped would become too tricky to trace,

It sucks for anyone effected by it I know, but to protect the players & reputation of of the whole game. I think as usual MA have not handled in the best possible. How would you feel if the all ped & assert were suddenly only worth a 1/10th of there value? ( we don't know the scale of this thing- it must fairly big for MA to spot it)

A total lockdown would have been much fairer, even if only 20-30 account were actually going to investigated. This freezes the movement of ped so the account logs can be checked ...a long process I guess.

I do hope MA make a statement to the community about why they had to take this action, what was involved & how they resolved it ( without jeopardising any legal case )

my 2 pec

Too sad Ma doesn't apply same efficient, fast measures when it's a single avi's account to get hacked, and their response is that it's not possible to reverse trades even when hacker has been singled out. All they will do is freeze both accounts. Now we know it's possible to reverse trades if the money loser it's MA and not the single customer.

Too sad Ma doesn't apply same efficient, fast measures when it's a single avi's account to get hacked, and their response is that it's not possible to reverse trades even when hacker has been singled out. All they will do is freeze both accounts. Now we know it's possible to reverse trades if the money loser it's MA and not the single customer.

Rolf.

We know nothing, except each item has a unique ID.

Else its just speculation.

But yes, be sure they can do things beyond our knowledge...but then again, this is MA. :S

Wow, I go away for a week and all hell breaks loose.

I understand the frustration of those involved but applaud the action of MA in light of their move to a listed company.

The obvious broadsword approach by MA was to cut out the small tumor but like irl you take out the surrounding tissue and test it. If left unlocked the problem could have spiralled and maybe warranted more tumors to spring up elsewhere. The quick action may have saved many many more accounts being locked as the investigation progressed but may have not been taken in an effort to avoid upset and heartache.

It concerns me that so called third party payment systems seems to be growing. I would have thought that MA would be attempting to forge closer relationships with VISA, Mastercard or AMEX with strong reliable brands and top notch security systems. Removing a tier of third party credit providers along with the fees charged adds to the cost of those players who do not have a credit card.

Exploits are nothing new and players should know when things are too good then they are usually are, however honest mistakes should and will not tar innocent victims. My own personal approach to any new VU is to lay low and wait it out rather than forge ahead and test the waters on new frontiers. The forerunners have my respect as they come across such issues and then embattled in any disputes. As a society that is supposed to mirror that of real life, lets always give those affected the benefit of any doubt and allow MA to take the steps they must to protect such a valuable and enjoyable past time to many of us worldwide. Never forget that there is always the spectre of those willing to try and enter our world and make quick profitable ventures at the cost of us all, always be on your guard and dont be afraid of reporting things that dont seem right.

A quick decision to those affected and a friendly clap to the powers acting to stop any threat to OUR game.

Hope all works out well for all.

Bags

Therefore ... without having any knowledge whatsoever as to what I've done with the 81K, it's best that you not post comments like these (even in jest) because they have the tendency to start bogus rumors. There's any number of things I could have done with the 81K, as well as any number of reasons I could have made a deposit after VU 9.3.

- rest of novel deleted -

Actually, I made no comment, I asked a question. The squiggly thing at the end of what I wrote is a question mark. Somehow you managed not to answer the simple question even though your response was quite lengthy.

Rolf.

We know nothing, except each item has a unique ID.

Else its just speculation.

But yes, be sure they can do things beyond our knowledge...but then again, this is MA. :S

Well they can track down every transaction you made at least 3 weeks back. I had two support cases about missing items where they told me exactly what i did with them. (One was traded and one sold to the tt :ahh:)
And MA stated often enough that evrey transaction is logged. Actually i think it's a legal necessity when money is involved ;)

Just confirm yours accounts are not locked. And on page 23 was something, what maybe I misunderstand... English isn't my first language...

Net

Ok. I posted about a friend of mine who has had her account locked as she doesn't have an EF account. My account is fine luckily

Well they can track down every transaction you made at least 3 weeks back. I had two support cases about missing items where they told me exactly what i did with them. (One was traded and one sold to the tt :ahh:)
And MA stated often enough that evrey transaction is logged. Actually i think it's a legal necessity when money is involved ;)

I have seen extracts from the transaction log in a support case reply; it cleared up my mistake .

Im not locked... which is cool..

All you miners out there itching to check your spawns just give me coords ill go check on them for you.;)

Found something interesting which I guess could be part of the cause:

Check Pg 8 on Tailoring BP's :eek:

Also check the auction history on those basic pattern shirt bp's now.

Taken screenies which I'll add later

Found something interesting which I guess could be part of the cause:

Check Pg 8 on Tailoring BP's :eek:

Also check the auction history on those basic pattern shirt bp's now
Care to share with those of us who can not log on now?

Actually, I made no comment, I asked a question. The squiggly thing at the end of what I wrote is a question mark. Somehow you managed not to answer the simple question even though your response was quite lengthy.

Firstly what has any of this got to do with the topic? Secondly she in fact answered your question with a 'mind your own business', perfectly reasonable given the question you asked.

i'm also Locked !

Hi locked and unlocked friends,
I can't log-in....as many of u :( and only think i did was to sell some riffle skils lol ). If i could know....i didnt sold them....now...we wait :(

Status
Back