My first hunting choice, need help

mastertigra

Young
Hi colonists,

I am not a totally newbee, but still a beginner in EU.
Got a mentor, visited all the planets, did all useful missions on those planets and tried to hunt some mobs here and there.
I am not a full f2p player, but I try to minimize my deposits.

I have some questions for you and it will be a very helpful if you could answer:

1) During my Arkadia and Toulan hunting I have noticed, that creatures drop skins/hides and body parts with decent MU (105-120% on Ark; 120%+ on Toulan). I know how to check the current demand for specific item, but I still can not believe if anybody buys such items like Caboria Hide for TT+200%. Sure, i see that sales are not higher than 30-50 ped per week, but...
so, my question is:
"Is it a good idead to do about 30-40 ped hunting sessions for mobs on Arkadia or Toulan, or maybe I should remain focused on Calypso fauna, like Exarosaurs, Snablesnots, Daikibas, Shinkibas, Berycleds etc, that have lower MU, but more buyable loot?"

2) Another question is regarding the correctness of my goals at start:
"Should I be very pedantic in my hunting targets at the first stages of my character leveling? As far as I know, while my Looter skills are not maxed and I do not hunt high level mobs, I can not count on really good TT return and really long hunting sessions (100 ped ammo+)"
*Like other beginners, I can not sell stuff such as Animal Muscle oil with good MU, because I need to collect ~1000 pieces of this oil and I have to sell it with lower MU (thus, maybe I have no patience :))

3) I know less about most valuable loot, but vixen gears are good ones. The biggest part of my regular loot from mobs are those skins/hides, wool and oil.
Maybe, you can advice me some creatures with good drop list to hunt?

4) My last question is regarding further weapon upgrade:
"I would like to use laser pistols, planning to buy Ozpyn Chon and replace my TT pistol, but the difference between damage is not so high. Is it a good decision or maybe I need to hunt a bit more with TT or you can recommend me something better?"

P. S. My Laser dmg/hit skills are 5.0/6.2 atm

Hi,

I'll give you a few guidelines which might directly or indirectly answer all of your questions:

- When you are looking for mob to hunt, you want to check the auction first, and look for items that actually sells a lot, and for decent markup. Next step is to search entropiawiki for that certain resource and see what mob drops it and what maturity of that specific mob. Entropia wiki data is not always 100% correct, but it's a good guide so you know where to start from.

- I recommend making a $10 deposit and start from there, or buying premium or whatever the package is called, but if you decide to move forward f2p, then you might reconsider your gameplay, and do more sweating then hunting, or hunting vixens or whatever that low hp mob is called at Rocktropia.

- With $10 deposit, I recommend you use TT weapon, nothing else, keep looking for markup, if you don't profit on specific mob, move to the next one, check auction - search for mob that drops it - make sure it's low level enough so you can farm it easily.

- It would be nice if you try out mining, as it's best for beginners, considering you can sell your loots immediately to traders and no need for huge stacks, some of them pays nice MU very close to auction price, so if you decide to go down this path, do your investigation and don't sell your stuff for cheap. Also most of the good markup ores/enmatters are being found without using big amplifiers, only finder and your time :)

- Repeat what I told you, profit bit by bit, and then come back for some low-mid level weapon recommendation :)

Best of luck, you can also find me in game and feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Hi,

I'll give you a few guidelines which might directly or indirectly answer all of your questions:

- When you are looking for mob to hunt, you want to check the auction first, and look for items that actually sells a lot, and for decent markup. Next step is to search entropiawiki for that certain resource and see what mob drops it and what maturity of that specific mob. Entropia wiki data is not always 100% correct, but it's a good guide so you know where to start from.

- I recommend making a $10 deposit and start from there, or buying premium or whatever the package is called, but if you decide to move forward f2p, then you might reconsider your gameplay, and do more sweating then hunting, or hunting vixens or whatever that low hp mob is called at Rocktropia.

- With $10 deposit, I recommend you use TT weapon, nothing else, keep looking for markup, if you don't profit on specific mob, move to the next one, check auction - search for mob that drops it - make sure it's low level enough so you can farm it easily.

- It would be nice if you try out mining, as it's best for beginners, considering you can sell your loots immediately to traders and no need for huge stacks, some of them pays nice MU very close to auction price, so if you decide to go down this path, do your investigation and don't sell your stuff for cheap. Also most of the good markup ores/enmatters are being found without using big amplifiers, only finder and your time :)

- Repeat what I told you, profit bit by bit, and then come back for some low-mid level weapon recommendation :)

Best of luck, you can also find me in game and feel free to ask if you have any other questions.
tyvm for your answer.
i practice the same strategy, always check auction prices and correspond it with wiki.
mining is good thing really, i'm still lucky with my survey drops and sell all excavated stuff.

only one thing haunts me: should I hunt toulan/arkadia mobs for their awesome MU loot with relatively low demand

This is the main problem in the game, trading does not work.

The data you orient yourself from is often manipulated because of its small volume, as you have noticed. And the other point is the dumping effect when an idiot releases his loot from 100% to 110% if the monthly markup is 115% and AFK AH bots charge for this item only for the minimum 100-101% of these items. This is the main problem in trading, where AFK players determine the price of the activity players... it does not depend on supply and demand, so it is not easy to give an accurate answer to this question.

Resellers are not part of the game mechanics, so if you are advised to rely on this type of trade, keep in mind that your gameplay in RCE will not be determined by supply and demand, but by the mood of this reseller.

tyvm for your answer.
i practice the same strategy, always check auction prices and correspond it with wiki.
mining is good thing really, i'm still lucky with my survey drops and sell all excavated stuff.

only one thing haunts me: should I hunt toulan/arkadia mobs for their awesome MU loot with relatively low demand
Arkadian low level mobs can be nice at the times, also has dailies that gives you some free ammo as I've heard (Arkadia Moon). toulan has no markup tho and I would avoid it.

This is the main problem in the game, trading does not work.

The data you orient yourself from is often manipulated because of its small volume, as you have noticed. And the other point is the dumping effect when an idiot releases his loot from 100% to 110% if the monthly markup is 115% and AFK AH bots charge for this item only for the minimum 100-101% of these items. This is the main problem in trading, where AFK players determine the price of the activity players... it does not depend on supply and demand, so it is not easy to give an accurate answer to this question.

Resellers are not part of the game mechanics, so if you are advised to rely on this type of trade, keep in mind that your gameplay in RCE will not be determined by supply and demand, but by the mood of this reseller.
brilliant

similar thoughts began to creep in, as I had already seen such a situation in a number of other MMOs.

well, I hope situation is not that bad and I really need to increase my patience :)

Back