My first Trip to CND

DavinFelth

Stalker
Society
Natural Born Killers
Davin Trooper Felth
I went for my first trip to CND recently. I have been playing for about 4 months and been waiting to go. It was my birthday (Nov. 5th) and had 4 days off work.... so my present to myself was a trip to the club. I wanted to share my experience with others that may have not been to the place.

I am not a strong hunter and only so so at mining. My primary goal was to mine up there. I followed the sticky thread under the mining forum showing what resources are in which dome. I made my own log to write what mobs I found and any resources. I left all my stuff in storage on Calypos because the storage isn't linked.
At first it was so cool to be there. See new places to explore and new people. I saw Stryker (if you don't know him just watch the global feeds in game!!) I also saw NEVERDIE, but it's his club so one would sorta expect to see him around.
For whatever reason other people in my Soc decided to come up as well. ( I have only been in the soc a few days at that point) This made it even more fun. We all had a good time and went on some team hunts.
I found a variety of mobs and styles of domes. There is an empty dome (#7) so it's safe to mine in and one dome has foul,molisk,tripidon, and daikiba which are easy to handle. Also saw some mobs I had never seen like the Cornoanterion and Fungoid. The hunting was good and we enjoyed getting some good Prancer and Plumatergus hides.
So for the mining. Call it beginners luck, or maybe because it was my birthday, but I did really well! I used: Ziptek Ju25 finder unamped.
I had learned that your hit rate on CND is really low compared to Calypso, but the finds will be larger. This had me deicde to not use any amp because it would just decay as I didn't find anything. I'm REALLY glad someone told me about this low hit rate, becuase I would have been sooo frustrated. I was dropping a lot of probes and would MAYBE find 1/20. Then I got a global of 88ped crude oil. I was out of ped because I spend it all on planet before coming up. I sold this all to get some more probes and do some repair to gear. I continued on and had little success. The next day (my birthday) I kept mining, trying different domes, and got.... a 271ped Melchi HoF. It was awesome. My mining continued and was running out of supplies again when I got this 398ped Melchi HoF. My biggest anything in this game (probably will be biggest ever too). Freaking awesome! I had to get some help from soc mates to get back to my find after I argoed a Cornoanterion. It was cool they were there.
While there I went to the shops and found a few appartments still open. There were only really 3 good shops. I was hoping for better when I went there, but actually bought 2 items from one shop (never bought anything from a store before) I got a new finder a Ju55 and a new extractor. I was able to use my extractor on the 2nd HoF to get the skill bonus.
Hunting I looted SGA pixie arm guards and my soc mates were looting SGA items (we team looted an SGA Axe 2.0)
I ended up with about 18k in melchi crystals and a few other resources. While I was there I made a depo, but came back with a huge profit and new gear.
I really enjoyed the streaming music in the domes, that was really cool. The TPs work SUPER fast which is great.
I also gained a lot of skill bonuses. I gained 98 skill points in computers and 45 in Engineering.
It was such a great time. I eventually only had a few ped as all mine was in melchi now. I tried to keep mining and would get one find and sell that to get about just as many probes to try again. I decided to quit while I was ahead, because if I stayed those Melchi would be gone before I know it. You can do well there, but if those HoFs don't happen you can loose fast. Someone else stated "CND giveth and CND taketh away" Remember that when you go! I recommend this place for anyone at any skill level really. It's not the most eco place to skill, but it's great in the way of time management.
So sorry if this was sooo long and it sounded like a big brag session. I just wanted to share my experience and good times. I think everyone should go sometime!
Just remember you cannot get items from Calypso auctions without paying a fee. This is also what brought me home soon. It did feel good to be back in Twin after my trip. I coudln't even run cause I was so weighed down with melchi crystals!!

Congadawg

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Hamilton Congadawg Shears
Congratulations. It's great to hear stories like this from newcomers. The game can be rough sometimes, and I"m sure most of us have been frustrated at one point or another, but like anything in this life... the roller coaster has to roll to the bottom before it can climb to the top again. Don't believe that hof will be your biggest loot. I played for a year convinced I would never hof at all, and then one day I hit a 4K hof... and the very next day I hit a 13K hof. You just never know what might happen. Hope ya stick around to find out. ;)

Rufwon

Alpha
Society
Synergen
Pedro Rufwon Martinez
gratz on the great finds and all the fun you had. (its all about the fun... isnt it???)

:yay:

Butch C

Deactivated Account
thanks, an enjoyable read, glad you had fun and some good finds.

but remember the CND taketh away part :) and gl in the future

Ruhvus

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Vellu Rufus Leinonen
Nice to read topics like this :) and gratz :yay: +rep comming asap :)

cduser

Stalker
Society
Death Unlimited
Necros NC Spacian
Remember that there are traders up CND who buy your ores and enmatters :)

eddric

Stalker
Society
Jurai Blood
eddric massive slasher
nice read mate and gratz. remembered the excitement up there :)

PW3CKA

Elite
Society
Entropy
Pecka ecka Martinek
hehee, good, glad you enjoyed it..

It absolutely differs from my experience...

I have also decided to visit CND for the first time ( somewhere in vu9 )
I was pretty depresed about the hitrate ( just found nothing :D ) , then tried oa105 and had only one find one global of gazz ( atleast something :D )

Creatures boring, Dasp is great fun , but in team.. Big corno were above my level and small boring :D.. So i decided to visit that famous club.. The NEVERDIE on every wall was quite disgusting :D and then i arrived to the club and that place was just... Empty :D

Sooo... CND is good for Dasp and maybe some manic miners :p But not for me >)

I went here in V10 just to see and ok fun, but i think im missing population there >)