My Internet connection keeps dc'ing

andyzammy

Marauder
Banned
well im gonna get in touch with AOL but in the mean time, got any tips?

with AOL, and i personally use the AOL Dialler because running the actual AOL program slows everything down. after ~3 minutes i get booted out the game. i thought it was a game thing or a server thing at first, but when i went to check the forums instead, that page displayed the usual not connected page!

this happenes every time, even when i retry, reboot, it happenes when it wants to, and only lets me stay on rarely, when it feels like it.

any hints? (apart from change ISP hehe)

check the settings on the dialer prog (if it has any AOL sucks big time man!)
see if there is an autodisconnect time? sounds like since your not doing any HTTP transfers it may assume your done with the connection.

I know that some ISPs have idol periods. Where if you are idol for any given time, it boots you off automatically, to make way for users who are actually doing something.
And since you are not using their gateway (The AOL Interface YUCK!), then it may perceive you as being idle, or AFK.

But are you willing to call them and tell them that you are not using the software that they recommend you to use in order to use their service? They will most likely tell you it is not their problem.

best advice of all

stop using aol...ick, it's horrible and always has been, IMHO -- i feel infested just talking about it :p :D

onyx oZ Zombie said:
stop using aol...ick, it's horrible and always has been, IMHO -- i feel infested just talking about it :p :D

Couldn't agree more. AOL is by far the worst ISP I have ever had the misfortune of running across.

Besides, why do you want to pay $24 a month for something you can get for half that with other providers?

First of all, I didn't realize you could even play EU over a dial-up... that has to be horrible

Back