My last post in this forum unless it is explained why? (RockStars)

Should the "To Kill a RockStar" post be brought back?

• Total voters
Status

Wildman Alpha

Stalker
Society
Alpha WildD3amons
Brent Wildman Lancing
I posted a thread "To Kill a RockStar" to bring together players/adversaries that were harrassed by the RockStars or just players that want to join in the fun of PKing one. I don't think I did anything wrong??? I haven't broken any of the rules that I am aware of! At least if I did my thread was removed by someone for no reason given to me. If this is how censorship will work on this forum I have to move to another. I recieved ONE -rep from the thread from a RockStar! Who was it offending? I guess a SOC that likes to hold players at a TP for ransom! :mad:

Few words from a moderator here:

For some reason, we've been getting reports from this thread lately(Added by Wildman: link to thread and original post JC posted in https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?191482-Be-come-a-rock-star!). Complaints about flaming, off-topic, etc. So here's my point of view:

This thread is a recruitment thread for a soc that deals almost exclusively in PVP. Early on RS soc members posted killshot screenies as an invitation to join the fun, either as a new soc member, or as an adversary. Posts from adversaries have also been posted, with the usual "smack talk" associated w/ PVP.

NOTE: The mods understand PVP smack talk quite well, and are often a little bit more lenient w/ it then regular forum chat. However, we still ask folks not to cross "the line" and respect the forum rules. (I.E. we do NOT accept threats to grenade someone's RL house as smack talk. Nor will a string of cussing be tolerated.)

So far, the OP and soc members of RS have NOT reported any posts. I can only assume his opinion is that any bump is a good bump. (and yes I've watched this thread since the beginning, though I may have missed a page or so.)

I'm not going to remove global/killshot screenies for being "off topic". I'm not going to remove "smack talk" posts from either side, as long as they are reasonable. Etc., etc.

Enjoy the show. If there's a real problem, let me know.

If their was a real problem it was never explained to me.

Just a few of the +rep comments given to me and the ONE -rep one. I removed names and all the threads say the same Thread: N/A

a service to society
10-24-2010 08:12

nice rocking thread
10-21-2010 06:25

great vid
10-20-2010 21:04

lol funny shit mate
10-19-2010 02:26

funny shit
10-19-2010 01:48

Real fun i think !!
10-18-2010 22:42

good job Brent! was nice to see you kicking butts of this idiots
10-18-2010 05:33

Cool video
10-18-2010 05:08

great !
10-18-2010 04:04

Nice
10-17-2010 18:29

HAHAHAHA ! fuckin awesome
10-17-2010 17:51

you earned it
10-17-2010 15:17

lol
10-17-2010 12:54

lol, nice one
10-17-2010 12:16

Awesome video mate, excellent work
10-17-2010 11:55

Nice job I don't like those arrogant so called... "pkers" lol
10-17-2010 11:21

:)
10-17-2010 11:15

rofl! Best video EVER!
10-17-2010 07:52

Tisss a shame u poor thing. Honnestly, out of all the "skilled" players ive faced so far. U aint shit in comparison boyo. & Shame on you for the lies, naughty boy. GL and keep skilling sunny
10-17-2010 07:05

Have some rep m8
10-17-2010 06:49

nice
10-17-2010 06:08

Nice vid man
10-17-2010 06:02

good work by killing the noobies
10-17-2010 05:40

VTOL kills were so funny, way to go Wildman!
10-17-2010 05:36

good work
10-17-2010 03:58

Lolz0r
10-17-2010 03:55

lol
10-17-2010 03:40

In Closing...
Will something be done about my missing thread? Can others see it and for some reason I can't? The post was clean, it was EU related, it was about brining together players to reach a common goal. If the RockStars can advertise a recruiting thread by exploiting other players in the process where is the justification in that??? Why is that thread still here also?

Signing off for a response a ticked off Wildman!!!!!

---EDIT by JohnCapital---
Just so folks can see it, here's the response from Hanne.
---/EDIT by JohnCapital---

Last edited by a moderator:
idk what to say, I never looked at the thread to begin with. GL hope this gets sorted out and if not see you on the other forums.

Censorship is baad!

BAD BAD BAD!

I had trouble reading all that, but I dont think you should never post on this forum again.

Hope it gets sorted.

Welcome contributor. :)

I had trouble reading all that, but I dont think you should never post on this forum again.

Hope it gets sorted.

Welcome contributor. :)

Anger will do that sorry, but thank you for your input :)

Anger will do that sorry, but thank you for your input :)

Trust me, I've posted in anger once or twice, things level out. Hope they do for you too soon - and don't leave the forum eh? ;)

I even posted about the lack of Halloween gifts and look what arrived in the nick of time this afternoon?

As far as most of the latest post in that url you posted where RS is recruiting, maybe the mods here might take a look over at their own rules...
1.6 - Member Names
Member names may NOT contain any offensive, racist, sexually explicit, profane, abusive or otherwise objectionable terms. Also, you may NOT use a confusing or intentionally misleading member name, such as "Official Entropia Reporter" or a member name that is confusingly similiar to that of an existing member, administrator or moderator.

2.3 - Personal Disputes
Personal issues between individuals or societies should NOT be debated in the public forum areas. Such threads will be removed, since they often promote an escalation of rudeness, insults, and flaming. If you feel that another member has attacked you unfairly, send a private message to a forum moderator or administrator. If you feel that an Entropia Universe participant has wronged, defrauded or harrassed you, file a support case at PlanetCalypso.com.

2.2 - Insults/Flaming
Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated. Posts of this nature will be edited or deleted by the Community Staff without notice. It is important to keep in mind that PlanetCalypsoForum is a global community and what might be acceptable behavior or language in one country may not be acceptable in others. Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members and forum staff, along with constructive posting of opinions is essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked.

At least some of those rules seem to be broken in that RS thread

My guess is that your thread violated 2.3 or something, but it does look a lot like their recruiting thread is doing similar, so I'm not sure that your thread should come back, but question why there's stays...

My advice - stick around.. and also take part in other forums too... perhaps even start a blog. Censorship is a bad thing, but now that this is officially FPC's forum, it probably is a bit needed, but that doesn't mean other forums can't be out there. Free speech is free speech... If I were you, I'd start a new copy of that thread over at entropiaplanets or somewhere similar... you might even be able to find the original thread in google's cache if you want to copy it over there for some reason.

Folks like you and I need to stick around here even if the moderation levels are getting stricter because all sides of the story should be here... even if our ideas that are in the minority are not too popular.

Guess the new level of moderation is just something we have to put up with. In a certain other thread that I was posting on earlier which finally ended up getting closed finally one of the community advisers started throwing name calling my way https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...iser-Program&p=2592640&viewfull=1#post2592640

Quote from ranpha Yesterday 09:47 #125
I came here to enjoy the game and not fend of little (deleted by mastermesh) like you that are over-jealous

, and cussing in posts like https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...iser-Program&p=2592601&viewfull=1#post2592601

Quote from ranpha Yesterday 09:02 #118
I rather keep thinking why the (deleted word by mastermesh) i even bother with this.

but the name calling isn't what got the thing closed, nor was that post with the cussing there ... what got it closed was my trying to explain why I thought it was a bad idea for the advisers to log in on two avatars at the same time, which makes them not have full attention focused on either avatar they are logged in with... something FPC must disagree with me about I guess?...

still not clear to me why "advisers" that name call and cuss here on fpc forums are allowed to continue using FPC's uniforms in the Gate, possibly name calling and cussing in there, but that's not my call to make I guess... If that's the type they want portraying their image to the new folks joining the game, it sure doesn't seem like something the community in general should approve of...

but anyways, guess I'll stop typing here before I get myself banned or something crazy... just saying, hopefully things stay level headed, fair, and balanced a little more then it seems it has been since the fpc takeover of this forum.

Last edited:
Trust me, I've posted in anger once or twice, things level out. Hope they do for you too soon - and don't leave the forum eh? ;)

I even posted about the lack of Halloween gifts and look what arrived in the nick of time this afternoon?

You know MA/FPC does things at the last moment lol

Nope if a good thread like that can just disappear I can't stay here. One of my most fun threads ever to keep up with, no I wasn't recruiting for a SOC I was recruiting a coalition to oppose a SOC. I have more to post but reserving that for the Mods answer! More than likely I will be banned after that post.

I think the issue is NO REASON WAS GIVEN as to why it was removed:(:rolleyes:.This was a thread that was not a flamefest,it was a fun "tounge and cheek" Thread. The comments on it reflect this.As the other similar thread has remained i can only ask WHY? I will wait to see the answer before i pass judgement here(but it is not looking good).

mastermesh,

I 100% agree but as JC posted he will allow it to continue as it wasn't to flamed just good old fun. If their was a post in my thread that resulted in this complete deletion of my thread why wasn't that single post deleted as it has been done before?

I would like to see more of rockstars dying, those vids were ace, "bounce, bounce, die" kept me laughing for ages :D

Bring back the thread, or eliminate the RS thread in the interests of enforcing rules and impartiality.

(I vote bring back thread btw)

I reported this thread to the Mods myself, still waiting on one to answer.

thank to wildman bring this issue. it happened to me 2days ago. when i fly over pvp at zomhattan zone at 1 unknown tp. that it is near industrial way tp (not sure right spelling). I know i saw bunch of RS group shooting me. i knpw it pvp zone. so i try avoid it. and land at industrial way tp. i start walk north from that tp to try get that tp. Then they start laugh and say i am try to reach that tp and got pk. oh well. i give up.

I heard it their RS secert base at that unknown tp north from industrial way tp. So i am not sure if i am doing it right or wrong. but i feel turn off by those RS soc. So i try ignore them but when i read this forum. so i have to speak up and try support wildman. to let them know what going on.

Nope if a good thread like that can just disappear I can't stay here. One of my most fun threads ever to keep up with, no I wasn't recruiting for a SOC I was recruiting a coalition to oppose a SOC. I have more to post but reserving that for the Mods answer! More than likely I will be banned after that post.

Well.

At least you can say

Eve Online
Anarchy Online
Lord of the Rings Online

...and so on without being deleted. It is nice to know that FPC realise there is competition is out there, and if they adopt some of the things that are available there (which they seem to be doing) that is a good thing.

I also understand why Neomaven (711) decided to ban it to save all the hassle in the past, but the past is the past, this is now a FPC undertaking and if they want to look at how EvE Online do messaging that'd be fantastic - we've already had voice comm improvements so off-line messaging cant be far off surely? (And yes I know, "Don't call me Shirley".)

I cant see you being banned, but then again I've not seen Black Magic Woman or Knuckles posting so I hope you don't. Doesn't seem that easy to get back.

thank to wildman bring this issue. it happened to me 2days ago. when i fly over pvp at zomhattan zone at 1 unknown tp. that it is near industrial way tp (not sure right spelling). I know i saw bunch of RS group shooting me. i knpw it pvp zone. so i try avoid it. and land at industrial way tp. i start walk north from that tp to try get that tp. Then they start laugh and say i am try to reach that tp and got pk. oh well. i give up.

I heard it their RS secert base at that unknown tp north from industrial way tp. So i am not sure if i am doing it right or wrong. but i feel turn off by those RS soc. So i try ignore them but when i read this forum. so i have to speak up and try support wildman. to let them know what going on.

Thank you for your support jaivak.

I also understand why Neomaven (711) decided to ban it to save all the hassle in the past, but the past is the past, this is now a FPC undertaking and if they want to look at how EvE Online do messaging that'd be fantastic - we've already had voice comm improvements so off-line messaging cant be far off surely? (And yes I know, "Don't call me Shirley".)

I can't agree more with EvE Online, they have it right awesome chat system they have!

No post should be:
1. edited
2. locked
3. removed
4. or tinkered with in any way

this is my opinion, only a a poster should have a right to do these things, this type of moderation is counterproductive.

Even on such a reliable source of data as Wikipedia you can always look at people's edits, deletions, moves and see how information progresses.

But the moderation of this forum is a complete madness,

Entropedia is for info, forum is for discussion.

:scratch2:hmmm.. no explanation yet? Sad..just sad.If was removed due to some rule,at least let us know what rule was broken.Even if it is in a pm,that would be the decent thing to do.

:scratch2:hmmm.. no explanation yet?

*sigh*, because, yeah this forum is covered with mods and admins 24 hours a day :rolleyes:

I can tell you I don't know what happened to that thread. I'm also quite sure Hanne's sleeping, so you'll just have to wait a few hours or more to find out what happened.

Ty for the reply JC. It would have been nice to hear from the MOd that removed it. Yes i will need to wait:rolleyes:.It is still a shame that it was removed without so much as a You-did-this-wrong-so-we-did-this.

*sigh*, because, yeah this forum is covered with mods and admins 24 hours a day :rolleyes:

I can tell you I don't know what happened to that thread. I'm also quite sure Hanne's sleeping, so you'll just have to wait a few hours or more to find out what happened.

I will wait to hear the answer. I ALWAYS supported this forum/MA/FPC no matter how bad it got. But being censored over something like that just makes me want to say the hell with it all and sell out. I am in the game more for the social aspect than the actual game play, a player like myself builds the community in many ways. Examples, for one a strong SOC, devising fun controversy when opportunities arise (RockStars) and hosting many events utilizing AtlasHavanRadio as a DJ. I feel I am A very good contributer to the community as my last event I hosted I gave away 1400ped also I have been doing so since 2005 helping players of all levels. I will back any player showing good intentions and on the flip side if your doing wrong.... I will say so!

If I did wrong by posting a thread to counter a thread that was recruiting by doing wrong in game let me know!
All I asked so I know what to do from here.

I had to make edit for I did complain about loots :p who hasn't lol

Last edited:
Sad to hear ur thread was deleated m8 :(
I dont like censorship, and to do such a move with out a explanation is way beoyned(spelling) my understanding for sure.

I can only hope and wish it was a misstake :rolleyes:

Yes i want it to be back again,thoose RS;s are in no way good for the comunity imo and rev killing should realy be a reasson to be banned from the game imho.
U done the comunity good fighting those low life i say m8 :wtg:

Sad to hear ur thread was deleated m8 :(
I dont like censorship, and to do such a move with out a explanation is way beoyned(spelling) my understanding for sure.

I can only hope and wish it was a misstake :rolleyes:

Yes i want it to be back again,thoose RS;s are in no way good for the comunity imo and rev killing should realy be a reasson to be banned from the game imho.
U done the comunity good fighting those low life i say m8 :wtg:

Thank you Lazz for your support! a SOC mate you are but always been fair and impartial when judging also even when it comes to my decisions/actions!

PS. Beyond ;) <-- Della's idea lol

If I did wrong...

In fairness, Wildman Alpha, it would have been best to start your inquiries privately and with us (the mods and admins) before making a big todo thread like this.

If this is a huge misunderstanding, easily rectified via private communication between those involved, then you just got a lot of folks up in arms for no reason at all.

That's a good part of the reasoning behind rule 2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism

Not criticizing a Mod at all! just want an answer to why my thread is gone? Bugs are in game as well as they could be here in forums. If it was a misunderstanding I will be the first to post here in this thread once clarified as well as start a new thread making this mistake known and apologize. But if it wasn't and the thread was meant to be deleted just ban me now! Hell is coming to say HI!

The forum is public so was my post that isn't their now? many questions been asked about this forum and fairness now is your chance to show it! I have also received +rep from other members of the community for bringing this out as they have had threads deleted as well.

Last edited:
In fairness, Wildman Alpha, it would have been best to start your inquiries privately and with us (the mods and admins) before making a big todo thread like this.

If this is a huge misunderstanding, easily rectified via private communication between those involved, then you just got a lot of folks up in arms for no reason at all.

That's a good part of the reasoning behind rule 2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism

I got to dissagree JC imo openess is the way to go in all kind of comunications.
To hide some thing is just a prof of weekness tbh.
We the comunity got the right to know what is going on here i say :cool:

Status
Back