My Phone Is A Brick!

dj.

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Dejay dj Jaguar
Right Christmas is coming up! :yay:

This is my one and only chance to ask for anything I want... and maybe get it lol :laugh:

Ive had my mobile for about .. omg do I admit it? :eek:

a good five years.. if not more :ahh:

No, ive never smashed the screen, lost it, dropped it down the toilet, left it on the train, been sick on it.. actually..Its been a very good mobile to have all considering!

Hmmm what is it *Roots around in handbag "says handbag but it isnt, actually its a Nike bum-bag" lol*

Its a motorola v620

http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details.jsp?globalObjectId=71

I have to say, its been a really good phone in regards for value for money, its only recently its started to get a little buggy, late text messages, freezes when taking a pic etc.

So anyway, DJ wants a new phone! I also want to browse EF when mucking out my horses, and other internet stuff, email etc.

Any recommendations?

Also on contracts etc, expensive browsing the internet still or?

Any help would be great, and maybe links to the phone etc?

Thanx in advance! :D

9 views, and I still have a brick of a phone lol :laugh:

Dont just look at the thread.. Tell me what phone to buy next!! :D

So anyway, DJ wants a new phone! I also want to browse EF when mucking out my horses, and other internet stuff, email etc.

Any recommendations?

I use an ipod touch in the stables (wifi from house) for emails, ef, facebook, skype, msn etc. so I don't know if an IPhone would be similar? Might be worth a look. I'm not sure about prices etc.

My phone is older.

6.5 years old now, Nokia 6100 one of the first small, colour screen affordable mobiles (cost about £160 iirc) so I'm going to get a new one, but not because its old, but because the delete key no longer works.

Anyway, it depends what network you are on - or maybe you arent bothered about switching provider. I will only use Vodafone so I'm limited to whatever new phone will work on them.

Also depends on how much you want to spend.

See if this link helps in any way, dont know if there is one near you:

http://www.cex.co.uk/products/phones/phone handsets/?mode=buy

I use an ipod touch in the stables (wifi from house)

You keep your horses at home?

*Brain freeze* :eek:

Lucky so and so!!!!!!!! :rofl:

I would recomend you sit on santa's lap and hopefully you been a good girl so he will bring you something thats not a brick

I would recomend you sit on santa's lap and hopefully you been a good girl so he will bring you something thats not a brick

Hmkay, rekon I'll sit on Santa's lap and pray he a 6ft, muscle toned Brad Pitt look-a-like :cool:

Sod the phone lol :laugh:

Hmkay, rekon I'll sit on Santa's lap and pray he a 6ft, muscle toned Brad Pitt look-a-like :cool:

Sod the phone lol :laugh:

lol you always bring a smile to my face DJ with your post keep it up

That is the way to go :laugh:

I forgot that big girls like us still can sit on santa's lap :laugh: and play :laugh:

That is the way to go :laugh:

I forgot that big girls like us still can sit on santa's lap :laugh: and play :laugh:
lucky santa

he gets some hot action for an old fat man

and its only gonna cost him a phone

hell thats less then dinner and a movie

lucky santa

he gets some hot action for an old fat man

and its only gonna cost him a phone

hell thats less then dinner and a movie

I wasnt even gonna mention the phone to him!!! :rofl:

I'm sure if you'll sit in his lap he'll easily get a 'phone' for you, so maybe he will bring it up himself.

... Santa knows everything!

Anyway, thats enough of the dirty Santa jokes :laugh:

Back on track please people (me included lol)

What phone do you reccomend? :)

Anyway, thats enough of the dirty Santa jokes :laugh:

Back on track please people (me included lol)

What phone do you reccomend? :)

You didn't answer either of the questions I asked (Price / Network).

My company bought me an iphone, so I've gotta an extra I'll trade ya for... oh.. I dunno... some angel feet?

I'm on my second mobile phone now. The first one I had to discard because the battery would run dry in less then 24 hours, or 24 seconds if you actually made a call. :ahh:

Speaking of it, I think my current one is getting a bit old too. Or at least the battery seem need charging every day if I make calls on it.

Then again, how often do you need to charge an iPhone? :confused:

http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/75/K750ifront.jpg

I am using still this mighty old phone, only because its near 5 years in use, and still rocking! It has gotten wet maybe 3 times, dropped from 1m maybe gazillion times, and parts have fallen off from it, and its ugly as hell, but it works still 100%! :D And just to mention, original battery, still has maybe 80% of originally promised stand-by & usage times...

Sony Ericsson made a bad judgement call by making quality phones, when u get one you will not have to buy one for at least 5 years! No wonder their business is struggling...

On the other hand Nokia business is booming, as when you get one, you will soon be getting another one, because the last one failed you somehow...:silly2:

On more serious note, yepp i can recommend Sony Ericsson phones, after owning all other major makes (Motorola & Nokia & Samsung), i wont be going back to those as long as Sony makes phones...

edit: oh, and no, i do not work for Sony Ericsson!

Last edited:
Sorry cant help, my phone is old and cheap and does stuff like make phone calls and texts ( and thats it!) :ahh:

My advice is ask your daughter...My 12 year old knows all there is to know about phones and needs to upgrade every month or so :laugh:

Hard to give u advice here there are many good cellphones :D

The Lg's are not bad or the Samsungs just make a list with what u want and do some research ;) http://www.mobileburn.com/

I got the HTC nice looking Phone with a lot of features but the battery could be better though.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mycg3EL2us[/YOUTUBE]

I'm going to try HTC-Hero next (currently using the google model), so naturally would recommend it :)

I still got my Nokia 3310 :) 9 years old and still going strong.

Had about 8 new phones in the meanwhile but they always break and shit so i switch back to my old one :)

I'm on my second mobile phone now. The first one I had to discard because the battery would run dry in less then 24 hours, or 24 seconds if you actually made a call. :ahh:

Speaking of it, I think my current one is getting a bit old too. Or at least the battery seem need charging every day if I make calls on it.

Then again, how often do you need to charge an iPhone? :confused:

On my Blackberry I've turned off 3G and just use Edge/GPRS and the battery life has gone from just less than a day to nearly a week. I've only got an old orginal iPhone, so I'm not sure if you can do this on the newer 3G ones, but if you can turn off 3G I'm sure you'll have to charge it far less!

Right Christmas is coming up! :yay:

This is my one and only chance to ask for anything I want... and maybe get it lol :laugh:

Ive had my mobile for about .. omg do I admit it? :eek:

a good five years.. if not more :ahh:

No, ive never smashed the screen, lost it, dropped it down the toilet, left it on the train, been sick on it.. actually..Its been a very good mobile to have all considering!

Hmmm what is it *Roots around in handbag "says handbag but it isnt, actually its a Nike bum-bag" lol*

Its a motorola v620

http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details.jsp?globalObjectId=71

I have to say, its been a really good phone in regards for value for money, its only recently its started to get a little buggy, late text messages, freezes when taking a pic etc.

Any recommendations?

Also on contracts etc, expensive browsing the internet still or?

Any help would be great, and maybe links to the phone etc?

Thanx in advance! :D

You PAYG or on a monthly contract? If you're on a contract and had the same phone for 5 years, give them a ring and ask about a free upgrade. If they say yes it'll narrow the list down to whatever they are willing to give you.

You've nothing to loose/lose... erm it won't cost you anything :)

Get this one:

http://www.lefrenchhorn.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/old-mobile-phone1.jpg

Tip: Hold the phone and swing the battery by the cord when attacked walking the dog at night, you will take out everything within range...:laugh:

trigger-happy-tv-2000-728-75_1.jpg

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!

What ever you do,, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM HTC :mad: I work at a fairly large telecom company in sweden and can honestly say that I wouldn’t even wish a HTC to the guy in charge of the loot pool, it’s a pile of shit thrown together by some retarded umbras. If you are looking for a decent bookstand then yes, buy a HTC they come in a great box. They also skip up to 10 times along the water when you throw them in anger.

If you want a phone for mail, surf, music and std phone use there is just one:D
iPhone the rest is just crappy wannaBs :cool:

What ever you do,, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM HTC :mad: I work at a fairly large telecom company in sweden and can honestly say that I wouldn’t even wish a HTC to the guy in charge of the loot pool, it’s a pile of shit thrown together by some retarded umbras. If you are looking for a decent bookstand then yes, buy a HTC they come in a great box. They also skip up to 10 times along the water when you throw them in anger.

If you want a phone for mail, surf, music and std phone use there is just one:D
iPhone the rest is just crappy wannaBs :cool:

Not here in the UK...it's a one caompany deal unless you want to pay a fortune for unlocked ones.

Nokia N90 series ...awesome phones and a PROPER camera with a PROPER lense on it. Still using my N95 even though I have a 96....now there are other upgrades arriving so that's me.

Also theres a great support forum or two which is important if you use the more advanced stuff and add software to it.

As for internet..WiFi hotspots are pretty nice for that compared to using the expensive network options. Mine has two Sims and one I like is Virgin which don't charge for voicemail and has cheap internet 30p a day I think? That SIM is a PAYG though as I only use it for occasional calls and voicemail etc. and it requires no topping up to carry on working each month.

I used to sell mobiles and I always advised clients to grab a free personal number to give out to people ...you can aim these at any phone landline or mobile...then after a year on a contract they can cancel, start over WITH FREE STATE OF THE ART mobile...sell the old one which will be a year old and worth a good amount on Ebay still...move that number onto the new phone and they are set. IF your phone gets lost of damaged that number also can be placed on your home phone until you have a new one :)

For all thr latest best deals and tips/tricks on mobile contracts...try a lookie here:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/

A really good site for stuff like this.

Also http://www.mobilephonechecker.co.uk/
Obvious why that one :)

t

Lots of advice and opinions, so thanx! :wtg:

You didn't answer either of the questions I asked (Price / Network).

Sorry mate :hug:

Im pay as you go atm, so doesnt matter if I switch network, also, was wondering if I shouldnt just go contract, to get something decent and a good package for internet etc.. any good deals out there?

:)

Back