My Ukash Nightmare.... WTF!

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
OK so yeah... I usually use credit card or paysafecard to deposit but because the morons at the place where I got paysafecards from decided to start charging tax ILLEGALLY on paysafecards I had to find a new option lest I end up paying $119.72 for a $100 paysafecard.

So I come to realize that Ukash is offered there with no illegal tax on it... so I pick up a $100 card and bring it home to deposit and then all hell breaks loose.

For starters I log in at the EU website to make the deposit and when I get to the Ukash area I see this notice:

Apparently there's no love for Canadians here so I figure whatever I'll just exchange it like they say to... so I go over to ukash and of course I've got the register for an account before I can do anything. (great yet another account I don't want or need)

After creating my account I log in and see this professional account page:

No FRIGGING LABELS ON ANY BUTTONS!!!! I tried clearing cache using other browsers and it's still broken like this. Common seriously? Doesn't anybody ever actually check what they're doing these days??? There whole site is a joke tried to get help and while they have the questions in their FAQ they never posted any answers!

Finally I realize that I can log out, navigate to the convert page while logged out and then sign in on that page to at least get where I'm going. I transfer the $100 from CAD for a nice surcharge to $98.20 USD and I'm given a new Ukash code. I then head back to EU to deposit but oh wouldn't you know you can only enter whole amounts into the value field (WTF, seriously?!?!?! Take the pennies MA WTF!!) AND in order to use the Ukash code you have to enter the exact amount of it.

SO shit, impossible to deposit $98.20 now cause it's not a whole number... then I see the suggestion in the EU support area to split the ukash into 2 values to lose the .20 so I go back to Ukash to try to make that happen. I fight with trying to get to that area for a while and when I'm there I enter my newly given USD code to process things.... ok a $98 code and a $0.20 code (which I plan to throw away since it's pretty much useless.... MORE wasted money) and oh wait!

Ukash will only allow you to split out a minimum of $1.... so now I have to lose even more money and go with a $97 code and a $1.20... fine. (Total lost money at this point $6.95 ukash fee + 1.80 Conversion fee + 1.20 splitting cost = $9.95) click Go and uh oh "this Ukash code is invalid" WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

SO then I'm looking for support on the site looking for a phone number of something and of course there isn't any.... you have to dig through there FAQ till you finally find a UK support #. Gave them a call and OFC they say the card is fine and have to look into it for 24 hours.... blah blah blah.

Like WTF seriously??? SO now instead of just depositing and playing I get to lose a bunch of money, have to dick around between EU and ukash support and there's a good chance I'll never see that $100 again.... unbelievable.

After all this crap, seriously MA, I'll take that fucking ATH any time now thanks.....

This is why you do your homework before jumping into something :D

Hmm... I have used Ukash for a long time, always deposited in SEK and via ingame window, never ever had any issues :dunno:

Threads like these makes me happy that I live in Europe...

gl with your support case

It should work no problem without any conversion man. I bought a ukash voucher just the other day out here on the East Coast, came home, plugged the number in and done.

But I used it in game, not on the website...

Try another browser (like firefox) to see the website properly.

Another way to deposit is by making a Neteller account. You can deposit Ukash into Neteller and from Neteller into game. There is some fee but i do not know about exactly how much that is.

And i SERIOUSLY do NOT understand why you are blaming MindArk while you have issues with Ukash...:confused:

Last edited:
Mindark is having serious issues with deposits as well (atleast in my case). I have been depo-ing with my credit card since beta days - but suddenly my credit card is no longer working with EU!

It works fine for all my daily usage (groceries, ebay, paypal, other internet transactions)... but not good enough for Mindark anymore!

Lots of support cases/updates now: 1st one was "copy/paste... please wait for 'future updates' blah blah" and insta-closed.

Reopened another pointing to previous case: "we're sorry but we're having issues with extra security... please wait for future updates".

I even PM'd Kim here. No response.

I was also considering uKash during that time.... but was put off by the fact: Give us your cash... and we'll give you a "code" for it.

I tried using the uKash website - but it was buggy and so I gave up on it.

I asked my local SPAR shop about it and the shopkeeper said: No guarantees! ie we cannot issue a refund in case of problems. ie. if any employee decides to "capture" my issued code (using a security camera, hidden camera, mobile phone, etc) and uses it before I get home.... it's wasted money for me. No way to dispute it.

Second issue I had was: Shopkeeper would only accept DEBIT cards. ie money leaks directly from my bank account (along with other details) and I have no "buffer" of security as given by credit cards so banks can investigate fraud before money is paid to them.

So I gave up on the uKash idea altogether.

My case is still un-resolved with MA "pending future updates".

I dont get it, all you need to do is go to the deposit in game, then click on the ukash section, put in the amount then the ukash card number, should be no problem at all.

I dont get it, all you need to do is go to the deposit in game, then click on the ukash section, put in the amount then the ukash card number, should be no problem at all.

exactly how i've always done it for the last x amount of years, never a problem. I suppose it's a problem with using Ukash online transfer? rather than buying voucher from a shop... not MA's fault i'd think.

"I asked my local SPAR shop about it and the shopkeeper said: No guarantees! ie we cannot issue a refund in case of problems. ie. if any employee decides to "capture" my issued code (using a security camera, hidden camera, mobile phone, etc) and uses it before I get home.... it's wasted money for me. No way to dispute it."

Well obviously.. you don't buy it from the store.. it's the paypoint linked with the provider... don't think that there is no cover on the purchase... go through the right channels and the voucher provider/seller
( not the innocent shopkeeper) will honour any genuine claims of error. code transactions are recorded. remove the foil hat!.. it's highly unlikey that anything within a shop is going to be recording by camera, transaction codes via a paypoint in a public store.

Last edited by a moderator:
exactly how i've always done it for the last x amount of years, never a problem. I suppose it's a problem with using Ukash online transfer? rather than buying voucher from a shop... not MA's fault i'd think.

I agree, i dont get why he is using a 3rd party rather than buying the voucher then depoing straight in game depo section!

by the way i am not flaming the op im trying to help and i think it maybe how you are doing things rather than the game being in the wrong.

Try another browser (like firefox) to see the website properly.

Another way to deposit is by making a Neteller account. You can deposit Ukash into Neteller and from Neteller into game. There is some fee but i do not know about exactly how much that is.

And i SERIOUSLY do NOT understand why you are blaming MindArk while you have issues with Ukash...:confused:

1. As I already said in the OP I tried OTHER browsers - firefox, chrome, IE...

2. I know it's not 100% MA's fault - but if they would just allow me to enter ANY value for a deposit instead of just whole dollars this whole thing could have been avoided.

UPDATE: Turns out Ukash won't let you split a code that's already been converted... so yeah basically out that $100 now.

Hmm... I have used Ukash for a long time, always deposited in SEK and via ingame window, never ever had any issues :dunno:

he is in Canada...

Exactly.

he is in Canada...

Doesn't matter....if you log into the game, hit deposit, choose Ukash and put the code in it works fine.
Like I said I just did it last week...and I'm also in Canada. ;)
It automatically changes it to U.S funds.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter....if you log into the game, hit deposit, choose Ukash and put the code in it works fine.
Like I said I just did it last week...and I'm also in Canada. ;)
It automatically changes it to U.S funds.

Yup, I assume that part of the code tells the game which currency the code is for :) probably somewhere around the start of it

Wow I can't believe you guys are yelling at the OP for actually carefully reading MA's directions rather than just disrespecting MA by logging in-game and putting in the UKASH code with knowledge that it is not in the currency that MA directed it to be.

Geez. The OP was just trying to do the right thing. It's not his fault. And actually, it's also MA's fault a little. There's no warning that you can only depo whole dollar amounts.

Just because it works in-game perfectly fine, doesn't make it the OP's fault for not trying it. It should work equally well both in-game and on the EU website's desposit system. So yeah, I'd say MA is partly to blame?

Back