My worst hunt ever, thanks Mindark.

Despite what some people would like to tell you, all avatars ARE created equal and the loot system works the same for me as it does for you, as it does for everyone else. And we all have the same chance of hitting big lucky uber HOFs...

Ive had a long speak with support about this.
They told avatars START as equal. But they never told avatars ARE equal.
Skills matters here. Maybe in a different way, that one should expect, but they somehow determines our % return

Had the same problem yesterday on a fresco hunt. It was not a prowler trox but a fresco provider on the last 2 shots, and then a mature that vanished on dc, and then some young ... Well, it's not the first time, and it won't be the last ... for sure. There is the risk of crit which requires big hp and fapping skill, the risk of no loot which requires globals and hofs, the risk of being killed in pvp which requires great protection and damage and ... the risk of dc which requires nerves of steel ( RL skill ).

doublepost_

Last edited:
I had same around TI.. dropped a few bombs then pinged back. And I can only wonder what happened to those few bombs? Server saw me dropping in same spot?

Others don't want to be bothered with doing all this tracking nonsense to find out.

There's a third option also. If you mine enmatter and hunt argo youngs according to all eco-Bibles around and you discover you need deposits of 3-400$ in a month for such lavish activities, you might have a problem finding the faith to throw next month same 3-400$ in deposit. Yes, chances are you'll be evened at some point. But some people do go through scorched earth before that break-even loot/period and in all this time you find a very bad moment to preach your 90% stuff.

Also I think that those cycles have an exponential growth, respectively trox will pass through less cycles in 100,000k peds turnover than argonaut hence less chances to average.

If it makes you feel better, I gave up hunting and tried mining, and now my sphincter could take a baked beans tin. :(

I think the philosophy of 50% on most runs will finish this game - that's my last 4 mining runs anyway.

Trying to work out what to do next. Crafting ?

After your unholy argo loots, this was quite expected. Hope you kept a safe cushion from those hofs.

only read the opening post (so sorry if I repeat something).

Sorry, but how stupid does one get?

You kill a trox prowler and he killed you three times ??? Why not go for dasp instead ... Talking about hunting way out of your league ... I can't help but think that the fap and decay cost were about the same as the ammo cost ???

Secondly, you got disconnected twice and STILL carried on hunting ... Sure, when punched in my face I would get up and ask for another punch??? Ever thought to NOT carry on hunting till MA's servers are a bit more stable ...

and then 22% return ... wow, only an absolut muppet could get to those numbers ... As I said, either you hunted waaaaay out of your league (what did you shoot, a Justifier MK. II with HA and dmg of 2.0 ???), or I do not believe that number ... I have hunted for 4 years now and never had a return with less then 50% on a decent sized hunt ... NEVER ...

Last but not least, happy to have ppl like you playing EU ... someone needs to fill the loot pool ...

How about going mining with 109 amps and no skills now ???

Angel

It's the MA leprechauns turning the switch when you are about to ATH: "Don't touch me potta gold!"

Seriously they exist. In MAs basement right next to the hamsters that power the servers... :silly2:

I feel bad for you, but
Why hunt Prawlers when you get sent to the revival 3 times?
Why continue if you're getting disconnects?

whywhywhy?

If you're not properly protected or have an insufficient DPS and cannot kill enough mobs to stumble upon a couple of good ones then why bother with em? Go for smaller ones! or team up...

and 50% return is a sure sign that you're doing something wrong.
Stop trying to jump over your heads, go smaller.

I'm addressing this to myself as well, ;)

Some

sucks, but its a regular occurrence. everything 'lost' that you spent will come back to you eventually. you can't fire a shot or even move without the server, or game, recognizing and calculating it.

a lot of people think that extreme lag like you're describing means that the information isn't getting sent to the server and therefore you are losing that ammo, decay, and whatever. well the fact is that you can't do anything, shoot a bullet or even move an inch, without the server registering it, calculating it, and outputting results.

And this is not a made up, blatant over-exaggeration because...? :laugh:

Its not...you go mine areas where there are many merp and tell me this does not happen to you killing the odd one here and there...mix in a few snables and exa and the ocassional argo and its VERY easily achieved. Hell you cant do any mission mob now without a minimun of 50% no looters.

As for calling people liars.. until you have played their avatar you have no right to do so. Specially in the day and age of MA's greed and bug structures.

Its not...you go mine areas where there are many merp and tell me this does not happen to you killing the odd one here and there...mix in a few snables and exa and the ocassional argo and its VERY easily achieved. Hell you cant do any mission mob now without a minimun of 50% no looters.

As for calling people liars.. until you have played their avatar you have no right to do so. Specially in the day and age of MA's greed and bug structures.

200-300???

That is a lie, you are a liar.

Rest assured, even shooting puny mobs, this could never happen ... Why do ppl have to exagerate so blatantly?? If you had said 20-30 and I would have taken it for granted, but 200-300

... Seriously idiotic to post again to justify your first post which no-one with a sane mind or more then 2 hours of EU gameplay bothers taking seriously

In Love With

I feel bad for you, but
Why hunt Prawlers when you get sent to the revival 3 times?
Why continue if you're getting disconnects?

whywhywhy?

If you're not properly protected or have an insufficient DPS and cannot kill enough mobs to stumble upon a couple of good ones then why bother with em? Go for smaller ones! or team up...

and 50% return is a sure sign that you're doing something wrong.
Stop trying to jump over your heads, go smaller.

I'm addressing this to myself as well, ;)

Some

Don’t feel bad for me, I took the risk and paid for it. ;)

Prowlers are not over my head but are at my limit, Stalkers are and I do avoid those.
Gear I used this hunt. Unl Boar + 5b, CB26 + Beast amp. Faps maxed ur125 + Ek2600 + SK-80 at (17/20).
Skills, BLP sniper Hit lvl 63, Evade +4k, paramedic lvl 36, 169 HP.

This prowlers send me 3x to the revival with critical hits and I’m not a hunter who logs out and runs to mammy, I stand my ground and battle it out. :D An old alpha had done this the day before, after I finished it I hit an 400ped hof. Anyway my focus on these hunts isn’t on old Alphas or Prowlers, mostly I hunt providers and up, but I won’t move back for an old alpha or prowler. Mostly at Jurra I hunt guardians, dominants and alphas. ;) When I'm after old Alphas and prowlers alone, I use martial + 5b, but I do rarely.

Why I didn’t stop after the first disconnect ?

On my return I found all atrox gone so I figured I hit a server reset.
Atrox respawned but this time most where low maturity, that didn’t matter to me as I hunt all atrox, not just the big ones. Then 95ped into the hunt another time this happened again.
At this time I knew my return wasn’t good, but like on many other hunts, this could change at the end of the hunt. So you come to a point where you have to decide to log out and take the losses or go on an try to save the hunt. I chose this time to do the last thing, because I thought there would be no more server or spawn resets. Well they proved me wrong this time. :laugh:

150ped into the hunt I saw the prowler and decided to take this one on. First hit he gave was an critical hit sending me to the revival. When he was at around 50% HP another critical hit and again I revive. Last critical hit was at the end, just a few HP he had left. So teleported back and took him out before he could reach me again. Ran over to loot him then everything went grey.

I have no idea why my returns where so low, guess bad luck or the system thought I did more than one hunt this time. Maybe that’s why I ended up at Nate Valley every time, but have no clue really.

Since the Port Atlantis change I had more hunts interrupted by disconnections, however those where not the result of an server or spawn reset. Now thinking back maybe I should have stopped the hunt. But at the moment I had no clue it would turn out this bad. Btw 22% return is calculated on all cost of ammo + repairs + weapons decay.

I’m not too worried about these losses, most will come back one day I guess.
Yet the constant interruptions ticked me off. :D

Last edited:
nvm.. double post. ;)

Last edited:
Well, short hunting/mining runs tend to be quite dynamic. You just happened to hit a downhill - common thing after hof. And 150-200 ped run on mid lvl troxes is pretty short indeed (maybe 50-70 mobs). Try telling the story to a hardcore asteroid miner who often has 50-100 NRFs in a row. He'll laugh quite a lot and will tell you that your run wasn't bad at all :D

Disconnects are unpleasant tho. Losing a fat target because of them is really annoying.

Prowlers are not over my head but are at my limit, Stalkers are and I do avoid those.
Gear I used this hunt. Unl Boar + 5b, CB26 + Beast amp. Faps maxed ur125 + Ek2600 + SK-80 at (17/20).

This prowlers send me 3x to the revival with critical hits and I’m not a hunter who logs out and runs to mammy, I stand my ground and battle it out. :D An old alpha had done this the day before, after I finished it I hit an 400ped hof. Anyway my focus on these hunts isn’t on old Alphas or Prowlers, mostly I hunt providers and up, but I won’t move back for an old alpha or prowler. Mostly at Jurra I hunt guardians, dominants and alphas. ;) When I'm after old Alphas and prowlers alone, I use martial + 5b, but I do rarely.

Atrox respawned but this time most where low maturity, that didn’t matter to me as I hunt all atrox, not just the big ones. Then 95ped into the hunt another time this happened again.
At this time I knew my return wasn’t good, but like on many other hunts, this could change at the end of the hunt. So you come to a point where you have to decide to log out and take the losses or go on an try to save the hunt. I chose this time to do the last thing, because I thought there would be no more server or spawn resets. Well they proved me wrong this time. :laugh:

150ped into the hunt I saw the prowler and decided to take this one on. First hit he gave was an critical hit sending me to the revival. When he was at around 50% HP another critical hit and again I revive. Last critical hit was at the end, just a few HP he had left. So teleported back and took him out before he could reach me again. Ran over to loot him then everything went grey.

I have no idea why my returns where so low, guess bad luck or the system thought I did more than one hunt this time. Maybe that’s why I ended up at Nate Valley every time, but have no clue really.

Since the Port Atlantis change I had more hunts interrupted by disconnections, however those where not the result of an server or spawn reset. Now thinking back maybe I should have stopped the hunt. But at the moment I had no clue it would turn out this bad. Btw 22% return is calculated on all cost of ammo + repairs + weapons decay.

Looking at your equipment and skills, Prowlers are way over your lvl. Atrox Alpha i'd say is your limit.
When i was at my highest level 2,5 years ago, with blp sniper hit lvl 84 and 200 hp i only did prowlers in teams because they where a bit too tough. Heck, I rarely touched AoA neither. Similar evade and armor i had too if i recall.
So my advise is as others has said, go for lower maturity. Sure, it can be fun now and then to test some tougher mobs, but always expect a loss if doing so with the extra cost of death and decay. :)

My most no loots in a row ;)

Lame :( dam MA, but 22% return is not that bad. i do that all the time when hunting. Hardly ever get over 30-40% return,

Unless i hunt drones where i normally get 110%

or unless i mine where i normal get 400% +

Looking at your equipment and skills, Prowlers are way over your lvl. Atrox Alpha i'd say is your limit.
When i was at my highest level 2,5 years ago, with blp sniper hit lvl 84 and 200 hp i only did prowlers in teams because they where a bit too tough. Heck, I rarely touched AoA neither.

Personally, I think trox have changed a lot in the last 2,5 years. They used to be much harder, mainly because they hit more often back then. Nowadays, even the big ones (alpha -oa - prow) don't hit often, even at relatively low evader levels.

srry for your loss.........I have one my horrible days as well went in hunting/mining run my (800 peds) get back with 300 just amazing.............Thanks 2 MA some lucky Noob will get all our money!!!!!!!:yay:

complete bullshit

sry, but no. Maby you are one of the luckyer "Gamer" .
Much of us, have over long long time and after invest much money the same bad retourn.

Dear friend. I know you are a great person and friend. However, in hunting you always has received good things:

22,519 PED Atrox Provider 9/28/2009
3,226 PED Combibo Old 8/3/2009
1,866 PED Atrox Mature 11/24/2008
1,843 PED Leviathan Alpha 6/1/2010
1,429 PED Ambulimax Young 6/27/2010
1,407 PED Ambulimax Mature 10/4/2009
1,360 PED Feffoid Raider 8/2/2009
1,331 PED Longtooth 7/28/2010

And for a bad run, we have now a long thread in solidarity (or complaining) with you. I love you friend. But this post was unnecesary. The good times is cooming soon again :D GL :D :yay:

Well you're right, people are allowed to their opinions. Numbers are not opinions though, numbers are fact. Numbers are evidence. And the evidence shows that no one gets "65ish%" returns over time.

I've been tracking my own loot for the last year, and I started because I was curious to see if what everyone was saying about the whole "90% average returns" was true or not. I really had no clue what I was going to find. I just finished a whole year of tracking a few days ago, and my overall returns for that year were 90.85%.

My WORST run over the course of that year where I had at least 100 loot generating opportunities brought me back a 35.22% return. I have had worse runs than that, but they were runs that I tracked with only a handful of mob kills or craft attempts. Not enough to get loot to average out to any reasonable number.

The only reason I get on people for making claims like "65ish%" returns or 10% returns on a run is because the EVIDENCE suggests this isn't true. I really, truly would love to see evidence that contradicts this. Perhaps by challenging people on these outlandish claims, it might motivate them to actually start tracking and putting up some proof. Unfortunately, this hasn't happened.

I think many know deep down they are wrong, and don't want to start tracking and be proven wrong. Some know their method of play is completely illogical (like using UL weapons while tanking mobs on taxed land) and they would be embarrassed to share their returns with the public, knowing that's how they play. Others don't want to be bothered with doing all this tracking nonsense to find out. Well if you aren't going to track your own returns, you probably shouldn't be making claims about what your average returns are. What you "feel" your returns are and what they ACTUALLY are is two different things.

It's like some religions that argue the earth is only 6,500 years old. MOUNTAINS of evidence point to it being around 4.5 billion years old. But some people are too stubborn to be bothered with researching things like "evidence" and "scientific testing"

Beautiful post :), I + rep you for this :D

How when it happens? justify yourself other than swearing..

its easy ... I have been playing for over 4x years now without hardly any breaks ... I do not mine and I do not craft ... I NEVER had a return below 50% on a decent sized hunt ...

so you are either

a) ... lying
b) ... exaggerating (quite badly)
c) ... so damn stupid to hunt 5 times above your level, without the right gear, without the right skills etc.

pick your category

:)

if you have problems with graphics card then try turn off all antialising stuff on your card.

its easy ... I have been playing for over 4x years now without hardly any breaks ... I do not mine and I do not craft ... I NEVER had a return below 50% on a decent sized hunt ...

so you are either

a) ... lying
c) ... so damn stupid to hunt 5 times above your level, without the right gear, without the right skills etc.

pick your category

And those of us who could count hunting runs over 50% TT return in the last year on 1 hand, might think you're lying or exaggerating about how great your returns are. ;)
I'm just sayin....:laugh:

so you are either

a) ... lying

pick your category

d) ...ignoring all facts and just see all returns with gut-feelings without ignoring actual numbers,facts & evidence
e) not counting the returns of other professions to the total % return ( 400% runs in mining seems kinda payback imho. )

Hell you cant do any mission mob now without a minimun of 50% no looters.

Now I WILL believe that you could get 50% no looters on a run. That is TOTALLY possible, as evidenced by my run where I got a 35% return. I likely had greater than 50% no looters on that particular run.

I only ask that people back up these crazy claims that they make. Most people will not though, so they get called out. If someone wants to call me out on my returns, I'll gladly share my information. No one does though, because they know I have the data to back up what I say...

I want to make this clear though. I'm not some MA fanboy that just loves the game and hates anyone bashing on it. I don't like the loot system the way it is, and have had my fair share of terrible runs. I've had short run average returns in the 70% range as well. The loot variance is ridiculous, and I think you need to have too much ped on hand to do a decent cycle on even the smallest mobs, let alone mid-level and up.

But I also believe in facts and evidence. I have not seen any of which yet that contradicts anything I have said in this thread. So any time someone makes a claim that I think isn't true (and could possibly be proven) I'm going to call them out.

Somewhy I am reminded of this thread, especially the ending.

Well I personally think that Levi did a bit of a poor job of tracking his returns. There's no running totals for the project, which makes a decent summary hard to find for the common reader. He also didn't bother to track any loot that had a markup lower than 105%, which would not account for all the ammo, oils and enhancer products that make up most of hunting loots. I believe he also added the markup of what he DID count into his totals, so there's no way to truly know what his actual TT return was.

But still, I took it upon myself to total up the information that was provided, since he did not:

Total spent: 29,108.32 PED
Total return: 28,262.14 PED

Total profit: -846.18
Total return %: 97.09%

If you factor in the loot he didn't count, his TT return percentage would likely be close to his final results here, as those PEDs could have accounted for what he DID count in his returns as markup.

As far as the ending goes... I find that somewhat confusing. He was probably losing money in the game of markup (paying too much for equipment, not getting enough back from loot) and that's why he felt the game was costing too much. The fact that he didn't bother to count any loot below 105% tells me he likely threw it all into the TT and didn't bother to claim any markup from these items. That's a losing strategy...

This is a HORRIBLY tracked log. One hunt just went completely missing. Then on his last post (which you commented on) he accounted for buying a new fap and LR before spending the PEDs that were contained in those items. He did this on a previous run as well. Now that would be fine if you only count ammo costs on your runs and then spend the value of those items, but his logged ended with him buying the fap and gun and who knows if he ever used them.

What was his TT spent and TT returned from this log? I have no idea because he didn't provide enough information to calculate it...

Any others for me to look at? :D

I'm sorry,

BUT

If you do not hunt out of your league and you kill at least, say 500-1000 mobs in a run you will not end up with just 20-30% return ... not gonna happen ...

If you do not believe me, look at long hunting logs ... they tell you constant losses, but none in the region some fairies here talk about

Angel

Back