Nanochips

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
Just noticed that nanochips are dropping.

Saw a global on a Cryogenic Attack Nanochip and a Kinetic Attack Nanochip. So I guess there will also be nanochips for the other mindforce classes.

So, +rep for the first to post screenies :tongue2:

Me wanna see! :wtg:

It looks like this :cool:

I will also +rep any screenie sharers :)

Where's the fish to go with the chips?

According to what I have seen/heard, they seem to drop from Feffoids (at least some of them)...

One of my friends says the latest one says "Found in: Feffoid Cave" although it displays as "Found In: String[283476431762161]" for me? :laugh:

Here we go, and really thanks a lot to Tonny TcooL Svan (of Laudanum) for giving it to me for free :yay:

cryogenic_attack_nanochip_i_l.jpg

EDIT:

Seems to be the same stats as the regular Cryogenic Attack Chip I (L) but with much lower decay. My fruit test (if properly conducted, but I assume it was) shows 0.0008PED decay per use which gives a total cost per attack of 2.65PEC... and make the total amount of times a full TT chip can be used almost 7400 (regular has 1111 uses).

Not sure how to calculate effective eco, but since the cost per attack is 2.673 (according to Entropedia) the eco should be slightly higher. Unfortunately, the entropedia info is slightly outdated since no one has retried all chips (and changed the way implant decay is added) since the rebalancing :)

EDIT2: Please note that the PEC/use above does not include implant decay costs.

Last edited:
thanks for that nighthawk, I was also keen to see those new chips.

I must admit 'nano' got me all excited for some uber cell destroying chip to blast away with. Oh well nevermind; its a great move for the new starters to get involved in Mindforce.

Nice range too, which should be an incentive to save on defensive costs, and maybe take a mob down if they dont quite have the evade skill for close combat.

Enjoy

Rick.

not got a screenshot but looted a corrosive nanochip off an argo. same damage and attack rate as attack chip I, 9ped tt though

Last edited:
I came here reading nachochips lol... My brain wants me to feed myself apparently

Elec chip is the same but uses 230 ME instead of the old 194 ME, durabilty is exceptional instead of the old excellent.

Elec chip is the same but uses 230 ME instead of the old 194 ME, durabilty is exceptional instead of the old excellent.

So it seems they are the same as the regular but the decay is "nano" compared to before while the ammo use is slightly higher :silly2:

I must admit 'nano' got me all excited for some uber cell destroying chip to blast away with.

:rolleyes:

Doesn't nano mean like extremely small*?

More like a tiny weapon.

Maybe we should wait for the xxx Attack Macrochip?

:D

*For those who want to know, nano comes from the Greek word Nanos which means "dwarf".
Nano is also used to express the number 0,000.000.001.

I'd rather have the regular chips dropping again, thank you ;)

Well, you have a valid point here. The supply of decent attack chips is running very low atm.

Well, you have a valid point here. The supply of decent attack chips is running very low atm.

Aint seen a Metabolic Acceleration chip on auction in like a week or two either :eyecrazy:

Erased, im stupid. Ignore post :p

Looks like cosmics are dropping Cryogenic nano attack chip I now, instead of the normal Cryogenic attack chip I.

Added 3 of them on auction last night.

Rick.

I loot Corrosive Attack CHiP IV from Foul about every day, so these nano haven't replaced the old one completely or untill now

I loot Corrosive Attack CHiP IV from Foul about every day, so these nano haven't replaced the old one completely or untill now

Well the nanochips discovered are all I level, so they would replace other I level chips I guess :)

btw, looted a Combustive Attack Chip IV (L) from combibo a couple of days ago, never happened before (and I have killed 1000s of big ones) :scratch2:

I was away for a couple of months so I'll ask here:
Are the nanochips the latest in MF? Is there anything newer for us jedy wannabies? As far as i remember the nanochips I've seen were quite low on damage. Ignite chips were more powerful but required some good skills too. Is there anything else worth using?

Are the nanochips the latest in MF? Is there anything newer for us jedy wannabies? As far as i remember the nanochips I've seen were quite low on damage. Ignite chips were more powerful but required some good skills too. Is there anything else worth using?

There are also chips that increase your health temporarily to +3 for 8 minutes and other chips that make you run faster.. these chips I believe are categorized as attribute modifiers.

~Danimal

Hmm the latest updates in MindForce (in no particular order):
1) Implant rebalance - Vastly improved usefulness for MindForce by increasing eco and making all implants have same decay (no longer any penalty for getting a higher level one). Lower level chips are now useful as the implants absorb 2% of the decay from the chip instead of having a set decay (which also opens for new implants with a higher % absorbation in the future, which would allow chips to last longer, making you save PED on markup while using L chips).

2) Ignite chips - Only drops from beacons so extremely hard to find at a decent price, but can be used as a kind of "amp" for mindforce since you can set a target on fire and then switch to an attack chip and attack while the target is on fire.

3) Metabolic Chips - Can speed up and slow down a target. Personally I use the accelerator chip whenever I have to run somewhere, as well as when hunting (saves defensive costs, also allows me to occasionally hunt slow higher level mobs like Proteron without having to buy an entirely new armor set, since they wont reach me due to the +15% speed I get from the Metabolic Acceleration Chip I (L)... Also works great for beacons, when on the way down and looting the boxes).

4) Health Augmentation, Regeneration speed increase/decrease, etc - Have been shown only as event prizes a couple of times, but have not actually been officially introduced into the game as a lootable chip afaik.

5) Nanochips - Only exists as a low level chip (at least so far), has the same stats as a regular "Attack Chip I (L)" except with around 2.9 eco instead of around 2.86 and with 7000+ uses per chip instead of around 1000. Nanochips are therefore better to use for the beginner MindForce user, as they last longer and have good eco, tho their DPS is enough only for Puny and small Snable size mobs.

6) Higher level Regeneration (Heal) chips have been dropped, both limited and unlimited. The highest being the unlimited Regen XI chip that has slightly higher heal/sec than a SK-80.

If I can think of anything else, I'll add it here later.

EDIT: Here is the link to a thread with some new MF chips in: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?226392

I looted a regen nanochip III with 10PED TT left. I havnt payed attention to it though, it just sits in my inventory.

The newly discovered higher level nanochips seems to have around 8k to 10k uses per chip, unlike the "regular" attack chips that has like 600-1200 or so. They also have higher eco and the same TT value, using more ammo instead.

This means:
1) MindForce users no longer has to buy several new chips per hunt.
2) Markup does not affect eco as much as it did before.
3) It will be easier to keep skilling during low budget periods (as you can keep using the chip you bought for a longer time, instead of having to spend a bunch on markup).
4) Implants will rarely have to be repaired (as their decay is 2% of the chip decay, which in nanochips is minimal).
5) It will be much easier to find chips you need as there is less competition for the chips (as the users do not have to replace their chips as often), even if less people decide to list on auction.

The newly discovered higher level nanochips seems to have around 8k to 10k uses per chip, unlike the "regular" attack chips that has like 600-1200 or so. They also have higher eco and the same TT value, using more ammo instead.

This means:
1) MindForce users no longer has to buy several new chips per hunt.
2) Markup does not affect eco as much as it did before.
3) It will be easier to keep skilling during low budget periods (as you can keep using the chip you bought for a longer time, instead of having to spend a bunch on markup).
4) Implants will rarely have to be repaired (as their decay is 2% of the chip decay, which in nanochips is minimal).
5) It will be much easier to find chips you need as there is less competition for the chips (as the users do not have to replace their chips as often), even if less people decide to list on auction.

I recently sold some electric attack nanochips x for cheap :) have at em!

~Danimal

I have to say that this new nano chips is awsome, i have been skilling with a combustive attack nanochip VII today and if i have done correct testing the decay is 0.7 pec so the chip will last for around 10k uses just as Nighthawk said, that is over 3000 ped ammo :D

Back