Near by is disable but new option is available

mai isma apari

Old Alpha
Society
ENTROPY 2.0
isma
so after seen this is working in pvp4 so be super carefull when you are in pvp4 and this is how works

copy avatar link and and paste in chat after that click follow on the link and you see what direction is the opponent so this is giving free ped stay aware xD like hulk say ones if you see sometime come and post here so im here :ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::smoke:

write support fast so this option is disable or put nearby back for now in to the disable copy and paste link on chat :computer::lam:

Reactions: SHY
unfair for anyone in lootable PvP

some time ago there was the tag bug where you could tag someone before they entered lootable pvp to find you easy without your knowing about it.

now if someone sees your glob/hof or teleport in just copy link and follow and find you effortlessly.

drilling that glob/hof you happy to hit? guard your nuts. you got a peeper on your 6 what just found you in 1minute from time he entered zone.

i hope its changed soon, or maybe turn radar on? :)

unfair for anyone in lootable PvP

some time ago there was the tag bug where you could tag someone before they entered lootable pvp to find you easy without your knowing about it.
now if someone sees your glob/hof or teleport in just draw tag and find you effortlessly.

drilling that glob/hof you happy to hit? guard your nuts. you got a peeper on your 6 what just found you in 1minute from time he entered zone.

i hope its changed soon, or maybe turn radar on? :)

Nah no radar on maybe a warning on top the screen only sometime like warning colonist near by and radar linking full red and grey so you know it's someone near but don't know how far or what direction no names no follow no thing just a warning that someone is near :yup:

Thanks so much for the heads up. It's crazy how there is always some work-around and how fast someone figures it out. But if you have no idea I'm going into pvp - then how would you know to copy my name link? Sure if someone globals - but only then right?

I just hope this makes space pirating crap or will actually cause them to work and not just camp and watch FL as new people enter the zone. Finally some justice?

Thanks so much for the heads up. It's crazy how there is always some work-around and how fast someone figures it out. But if you have no idea I'm going into pvp - then how would you know to copy my name link? Sure if someone globals - but only then right?

I just hope this makes space pirating crap or will actually cause them to work and not just camp and watch FL as new people enter the zone. Finally some justice?

Only if the see global or the see you go in other way is searh from player registered and get you avatar link
:dunce:

Only if the see global or the see you go in other way is searh from player registered and get you avatar link
:dunce:

And if your not listed in playerregister, people can still get your avatar link from the offline messaging system or from the custom chatchannels by using 'listmembers' command - some might just make themself some notes with regulary 'usefull' avatar links.

OK, yes thanks that's what I was thinking. No one is gonna note me on their list LOL.

And if your not listed in playerregister, people can still get your avatar link from the offline messaging system or from the custom chatchannels by using 'listmembers' command - some might just make themself some notes with regulary 'usefull' avatar links.

All the methods require that you know the name(s) you are looking for, you can't just see if anyone is online.

For me this is a Xmas gifts to pirates, I hope they take it to their hart, and stop their "speeding" (I Heard in a conversation ingame some month ago it still was possible). Pirates can turn themselves practically invisible by sitting in passenger seat at Calypso Space Station, with all the privateers that are parked around there (to see them you need to crank up Graphics - the higher Graphics your computer manager, the further away you can see them).

but pirates can't see new people entering the area. someone could exit foma on their way to where-ever - and they wouldn't see the new name pop up on FL. Isn't that bad for them?

All the methods require that you know the name(s) you are looking for, you can't just see if anyone is online.

For me this is a Xmas gifts to pirates, I hope they take it to their hart, and stop their "speeding" (I Heard in a conversation ingame some month ago it still was possible). Pirates can turn themselves practically invisible by sitting in passenger seat at Calypso Space Station, with all the privateers that are parked around there (to see them you need to crank up Graphics - the higher Graphics your computer manager, the further away you can see them).

Actually you could make a 'pirate list' with their avatar links and then you know which direction you should avoid - on the other hand of course pirates can pull the avatar link of everyone flying up into space and then they dont need to follow him out instead another pirate could use the avatar link to fly an intercept course.

but pirates can't see new people entering the area. someone could exit foma on their way to where-ever - and they wouldn't see the new name pop up on FL. Isn't that bad for them?

When you fly up into space, you're sitting in pilot seat, so your vehicle will show up as an Active one (red or green); and a pirate sitting in passenger seat can see this. Some year ago there was often someone (freelancer) idling in a sleipnir just outside the door opening of Rocktropia Space Station - it was pretty easy for that person to tell the pirates (who were a bit away) that someone just arrived at the space station and was about to take off at some direction. (Or if the view of that sleipnir practically showed up on a second monitor in the home of one of the pirates.)

When you fly up into space, you're sitting in pilot seat, so your vehicle will show up as an Active one (red or green); and a pirate sitting in passenger seat can see this. Some year ago there was often someone (freelancer) idling in a sleipnir just outside the door opening of Rocktropia Space Station - it was pretty easy for that person to tell the pirates (who were a bit away) that someone just arrived at the space station and was about to take off at some direction. (Or if the view of that sleipnir practically showed up on a second monitor in the home of one of the pirates.)

Plus also if you come out from a space station or up from the planet, you don't go into PvP right away, so you still show on the nearby list until you actually fly into lootable space. By then they already know you're there.

Not a fix at all, just another MindArk bandaid that doesn't stick very well. :scratch2:

Just turn the damn radar back on MA. Nobody likes it off.

Not to mention that I'm 110% sure you can get/make hacks to remove the scramble overlay on the radar anyways.

so after seen this is working in pvp4 so be super carefull when you are in pvp4 and this is how works

copy avatar link and and paste in chat after that click follow on the link and you see what direction is the opponent so this is giving free ped stay aware xD like hulk say ones if you see sometime come and post here so im here :ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::smoke:

write support fast so this option is disable or put nearby back for now in to the disable copy and paste link on chat :computer::lam:

Well that was fast... I really thought it would take at least a few days until someone finds a "workaround" for that little fix. :lolup:

Well that was fast... I really thought it would take at least a few days until someone finds a "workaround" for that little fix. :lolup:

It only works IF you know that person is around or in the area.

If you are discovered, go watch Lone Wolf McQuade, or any movie of your choice

Once the movies over its very likely they will have * closed your bar / erase your name from chat* and then you can go straight ninja on there @zZ

I now make 3 passes.. I enter lootable pvp.. when the pirate shoots me one time, I turn around, land on css.
Repair, and repeat.. If they still want to kill me the third time, then I let them have their rightfully earnt loot: 1 freshly picked dung.

For this you have to know the name of the enemy.. Or have very big number of avatar names shown on Chat... Anyways i would hate to see MA disable avatar links in Chat for something like this. Sure it sucks, but i hope there is some other way of fixing it... (like disable follow function in pvp or something like that)..

For this you have to know the name of the enemy.. Or have very big number of avatar names shown on Chat... Anyways i would hate to see MA disable avatar links in Chat for something like this. Sure it sucks, but i hope there is some other way of fixing it... (like disable follow function in pvp or something like that)..

No need to disable avatar links, like you pointed out just get rid of that useless 'follow' command - the only use for it is if you are running around with a bot which you shouldnt do in the first place (Hello ToU).

AND make All PvP = PvP4

PvP4 you can not pull bars off of an Avatar, so you can not use aim bot

PvP you can pull bars off of an Avatar, so you can use aim bot

Except no toxic shots for regular PvP

Make them the same.... simple

I now make 3 passes.. I enter lootable pvp.. when the pirate shoots me one time, I turn around

... and if the pirate is one of the professionals (those who usually hang around CSS), he will most likely have you shot down within the 30 seconds (lootable) pvp status remains. It's different if you have an SI enhanced ship with repair crew though.

At CSS and other simular space stations the cloud effect at space station opening give me 0.1 fps, so if I want to land at/in CSS, I need to fly out to the edge of the bubble, aim for the opening, and then fly at a straight line.

... and if the pirate is one of the professionals (those who usually hang around CSS), he will most likely have you shot down within the 30 seconds (lootable) pvp status remains. It's different if you have an SI enhanced ship with repair crew though.

At CSS and other simular space stations the cloud effect at space station opening give me 0.1 fps, so if I want to land at/in CSS, I need to fly out to the edge of the bubble, aim for the opening, and then fly at a straight line.

They haven't managed that yet.

Back