FYI: Neat Story about withdraws :(

Society
Freelance Diamond Thief
Boris-The-Blade // Franky-Fourfinger's // Bullet-Tooth-Tony
So here's what happened to me, with my withdrawal. :mad::mad:

I initiated a withdrawal back on September 1st. I opened an alt account with my bank for the deposit specifically, being an international payment. On the 10th, as a just-in-case (maybe speedup the process?=fail) I opened a support case to check the status of it. Unfortunately nothing had gone through of course, or even was looked at.
The MA support staff emailed me back with the usual copy/paste line of 30day's. Of course I had to try it! So after 20day's I did actually begin to get worried, still nothing had gotten through. I decided to email them again, just to ask them if small withdrawal's indeed carry shorter times, as many upon many of these payment thread's indicate. A few day's later I received a response.
The response said in essence, yep another copy/paste line, that 30day's was the maximum amount of time, and also that it meant 30business day's. Shame on me for jumping the gun no doubt, but after 20 day's I was a bit worried. Ringing true however, the payment finall, on the 32nd day, or 10/2/2010 the payment hit commited status finally.
Anxious, I logged into my bank account to check and see if it was on file yet, noticing I couldn't successfully log in. This had never happened before and took me by surprise. I thought for sure that I just didn't remember the password, so I called the bank.
Turn's out, the payment had taken so long (32day's total), that the bank account shut itself down due to inactivity. I was furious. Basically on the 29th, the account closed itself for not being used, despite me calling the bank, then actually going in to double check when I opened it, warning them the first payment into the account would quite possibly take a month.
Panick mode ensued as you can imagine, and some cross word's flung wildly across the cell phone to the bank. After then calling online support 3/4 times, and trying to find a branch manager on a Saturday to simply hit the damn open button back on the account, I found no avail. I was doomed.
Turn's out, after speaking (in depth I might add) to over 7 represenatives, and 2 branch managers, international payment's are the ONLY payment's usually with a bank that do NOT allow re-routing services. The enter through federal channel's, and must be deposited into the specific routing number as originally pasted. Generally, as almost a given rule, you cannot get payment's from that initial routing number, forwarded to another main account, or any account.
It's been a nightmare, and I wrote MA back to say I was ridiculously displeased with it. Informing them that it was not in truth their fault, but however I felt it was 50% or so. When it take's so long to get a payment, that a bank account (generally unsaid rule of 30day's with no activity, as I know now from my extensive calling) shut's itself down, is way to damned long to await getting your payment if you ask me.
For small withdrawal's, much like what this one is, the 700ped fee, the 15USD (varies) international fee, and the 10USD standard fee all over again, is a true bitch. I lost a good chunk of my withdrawal, and never even got to see my own money. Perhap's I am the only one that see's it this way, but I seriously doubt it.
I have written MA again, explaining in detail what happened with the bank, and requesting upon returned that it be sent to yet another account, after they charge there glorious fees of course, and received a email back just yesterday. Basically it stated that MA was indeed sorry to hear the loss and headache, but in the future maybe I could find a bank that better supported it's customers, and they indeed would charge me the standard fee's for returned payment's.
Fucking unfortunate really. At the time I was beyond furious, i debated legalities, lawyering up and the works. Since then I've had a chance to calm down quite a bit. As I can't point the finger as mentioned above totally at MA. I wrote them back swiftly explaining that instead of practicing advice on my banking account, they should consider expediting payment's a little more swooftly.
Now here is my real concern, finally putting this behind me. What do you want to bet, it will take them a lovely month again to re-send the payment? A while back I commented on a powerhouse thread about the total inadequacy of MA's ability to respect consumer's time schedules with expedited payment's, in which everyone was debating exactly what takes them so long. The one thing that never crossed my mind, and now does is : Could they honestly hold until the last day for exactly this reason? If generally as a rule, a new account will close with no activity in 30day's, and fools such as myself don't know this : I truly wonder how many times this has happened to other users who just didn't know better such as myself. Regardless, it seems like a small margin, but could be part of a whole somewhere.

Mark my words on this,
It won't be long before someone does get pissed off enough to open a class action lawsuit, and it won't be hard atall to find enough people cruising around the forum's here to accomplish it in record time. Quite a few are furious on this issue, and have had far worse a time than myself. That may be the only thing to look forward to forcing MA to ever become interested in speedy payments.

LoL sorry just had to vent that, frustrating ya know.

Also, I saw mentioned on quite a few post's of people looking for MA's direct number, or rather Entropia's department number here on the forum's, and a couple suggesting to take that route.
Mindark support had directly denied me the number, and they don't advertise it publicly. Everything is handled via emails and customer support online. Horrible I realize, but it's true! If someone does actually have the MA number for the Entropia dept, posting it in bold letters and near the top would make a lot of friends! :)

Anxious, I logged into my bank account to check and see if it was on file yet, noticing I couldn't successfully log in. This had never happened before and took me by surprise. I thought for sure that I just didn't remember the password, so I called the bank.
Turn's out, the payment had taken so long (32day's total), that the bank account shut itself down due to inactivity. I was furious. Basically on the 29th, the account closed itself for not being used, despite me calling the bank, then actually going in to double check when I opened it, warning them the first payment into the account would quite possibly take a month.
Panick mode ensued as you can imagine, and some cross word's flung wildly across the cell phone to the bank. After then calling online support 3/4 times, and trying to find a branch manager on a Saturday to simply hit the damn open button back on the account, I found no avail. I was doomed.

Dude, you have to fire your bank and get a real one. A bank account closing itself because there was no activity on it for 30 days, regardless that it belongs to a active account holder? This is totally far out. I had thought banks charging people a fee to have an account was a crazy idea that could not really be happening anywhere but this ... this just beats everything.

Takes 30 working days +- to get a redrawal and has worked out fine for me multiple times.
Of course if you run into trouble with you back, MA can't help that ...

I don't see the problem as a generic-problem for other people too.

Ofc 30 days is long, but we have to live with that ... it is one of the few predictable rules they have :D

Dude, I feel really sorry for what happened to you. But I guess you didn't exactly open a regular account... & how exactly is MA to know which accounts are only active for 30days :scratch2:. My advice open an regular account with a big well known bank. Not sure where u live but these are but a few that operate in the UK; Barclays, HSBC, Santander, Llyods, Halifax. For me 30 business days means that they operate from monday to friday so thats about a six week wait, ur lucky you got it quicker. Weekends are not working days as I remember it, banks never used to open on saturdays or sundays. Again real sorry this happened to you & I'm glad you see that MA was not totally at fault here.

tl;dr but from what I skimmed it seems you are pissed at MindArk because your bank closed your account for inactivity.. Don't see what your bank has to do with mindark.

tl;dr but from what I skimmed it seems you are pissed at MindArk because your bank closed your account for inactivity.. Don't see what your bank has to do with mindark.

yea actually i think it's your fault not MA. should have used a real bank account.

The OP probably opened a "real" bank account.
What is a false bank account btw? :confused:

What I think is that, uh, the bank account was closed for inactivity.
Did you at least deposited 1$ in this bank account?

I guess that the inactivity rule do not apply if you have at least few pecs in it and that it's writen in small characters at the botom of T.O.U. you probably accepted.

I personally have a bank account since my birth and only 0.50$ kept it open until now.

30 days is short but on the other side, I dont see why banks should bother with empty accounts.

As I understand the key problem is your bank shut the account down and refused to reopen it.

This is, quite honestly, bizzare, given the propensity for banks to gleefully charge you fee upon fee even if you aren't actually using an account :)

If you did tell them clearly that you expect the first transaction to take a month or more, and they still put it through, then the bank is clearly at fault for providing you inadequate and misleading advice.

Sadly this is normal for sales - they will say yes and nod nod and leave someone else to clean up the mess when things go exactly as you said they would and something breaks.

MindArk also processed it within their timeframe, regardless of how unreasonable that timeframe may seem, so you can't really fault them there.

MindArk should be able to resend the transfer quickly once the funds return to them, however I'm not sure what they will charge for it given the odd % fee structure they use.

- Deathifier

MindArk also processed it within their timeframe, regardless of how unreasonable that timeframe may seem, so you can't really fault them there.

- Deathifier

From what I hear, time frames for withdrawals varies between customers, That's unreasonable and MA should be faulted for practicing differential treatment:twocents:

Wow I would get another bank, never heard of a bankaccount that shuts it self down beouse inactivity :eek:

Cant really see MA doing anything wrong here, you knew the time it can take for a withdrawl and agreed it was okey for you. Blame the bank. Sounds very shady to me.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yep, I agree with most here that mentioned it's a good part the bank's fault. Very true, pretty crappy to shut a account down, just hour's before the payment hit's "Committed" status.

Another oddity, it's been 5 day's and the payment still read's committed on MA website, but the account's still inactive via online login, and doesn't exist lol. Might take another day at most, but I'll keep you guy's informed as to what happens and how this takes.

Unfortunately the bank used was Well's Fargo, main depository located in San Francisco. The alt account was made, as my original was not set up for international xfer's, nor are my CD's, it was a must have to get it.
They informed me that all of their account's shut down from the same "inactivity" as well in a period of 30day's unused, which is garbage. I quickly informed them, I'd be making a final withdrawal today lol.

Honestly I'm furious with MA just as much as the bank however. I truly can't fault them, so far they have taken forever, but nothing unexpected further than their usual bullshit wait time of a month. I do see a problem with them however taking this long, it's retarded, and had it not taken 32day's, which sadly is fast from what i hear, the account would have never closed before getting the payment.

Oh, and here are the fee's give or take a margin that they have explained it will take to resend the payment, F'in lol.
700Ped resend fee (just cause I guess)
100Ped standard fee to withdraw
15dollar international fee (considering I use Well's Fargo to do it this time, but I doubt it.) ((((Bank specific Fee)))

That's a huge chunk on smaller withdrawal's, but what can ya do but sit back and enjoy the getting screwed aye? :)

Oh yea, almost forgot.
I do happen to have a copy of the ongoing case for it tho, lmao it takes up 9pages on wordpad, dating back from August, before i initiated payment, to ask them the proper way to handle doing it before I started. o_O

Last edited:
New Breakthrough! lol

Support emailed me back today with some new information. The payment did bounce back today finally, but since I provided a alternate payment method in my ridiculously long ongoing support case before it was sent back, they didn't charge me a bounce fee to send it through again!
Very nice of them, Michael was the online support rep that told me this. Spot of good new's finally, and he mentioned it would only be 4-5day's before reaching the new account as well. Still not wonderful by any mean's, but man o man that makes me feel a little bit better. Was dreading that 700Ped bounce fee, it all in all it's already been close to 40day's.

I'll keep it updated, as it's all heresay atm, and let everyone know what happens in the next few day's as well. Maybe I'll actually walk out of here thrilled with my initial intact withdrawal amount lol.

Wow! Kudos to MA for doing right by you. Hope it all works out in the end.

Cool story. While i understand your rage about the slow withdrawal process (about which you were clearly informed from the very beginning) i can only mention, as other people did, that all the rest was your end of the line's fault.

I'm curious tho - what happens with the money in your "canceled for inactivity" bank account?
Do they just vanish? Or the account was completly empty anyway (which is a bit unwise way to keep an account, imho, especially if there're monthly fees for maintenance as many banks have)?

why didn't u pop 10 bucks in to keep it active

Unfortunately, they never informed me via email, or on the phone that it would be a problem. I wish they would have now, and saved all the trouble. Slapping 10 buck's into the account wouldn't have been a problem at all, I just wish they would have notified me before they were going to shut it down for inactivity >.<. Thank's Well's Fargo.

Cool story. While i understand your rage about the slow withdrawal process (about which you were clearly informed from the very beginning) i can only mention, as other people did, that all the rest was your end of the line's fault.

I'm curious tho - what happens with the money in your "canceled for inactivity" bank account?
Do they just vanish? Or the account was completly empty anyway (which is a bit unwise way to keep an account, imho, especially if there're monthly fees for maintenance as many banks have)?

Thanks^^, and yep it wouldn't have been near as bad if they bank rud had not happened with exceptional timing! When I found out, and after a couple of heated conversation's with online support, the supervisors : They sent my balance, which was low to my active account (Primary) before closing the account. >.<

Nothing new to report as of the 11th (41day's total). Still awaiting the transfer from MA to the new account. It was nice of them to offer it without a bounce charge. Who know's though, nothing's gone through at the moment. I'll keep you guy's informed how it happens though. Hopefully this will be over in a day or two. I think it's been about 3day's now (Business) since they informed me they were xferring it to the new account.

Unfortunately, they never informed me via email, or on the phone that it would be a problem. I wish they would have now, and saved all the trouble. Slapping 10 buck's into the account wouldn't have been a problem at all, I just wish they would have notified me before they were going to shut it down for inactivity >.<. Thank's Well's Fargo.

Thanks^^, and yep it wouldn't have been near as bad if they bank rud had not happened with exceptional timing! When I found out, and after a couple of heated conversation's with online support, the supervisors : They sent my balance, which was low to my active account (Primary) before closing the account. >.<

Nothing new to report as of the 11th (41day's total). Still awaiting the transfer from MA to the new account. It was nice of them to offer it without a bounce charge. Who know's though, nothing's gone through at the moment. I'll keep you guy's informed how it happens though. Hopefully this will be over in a day or two. I think it's been about 3day's now (Business) since they informed me they were xferring it to the new account.

..are you sure its not because the bank didn't pay their rent exactly on time? No wait that is only in EU where that happens :p

Apologies for the pointless post .. just struck me as humorous

~Lily

Last edited:
Hehe, np atall^^, is rather humorous

Back