Neconu farm opening!

Status
I've been told by a LOT of people (everyone I have asked so far) that loot has been utterly crap. It is only natural to be able to loose 50% on these mobs, but a lot claim to have like 30-50% return rate or less.
Before I contact support about this.. can anyone say that they have had decent returns on this land? (Like 70%+ return on weapon expense)?
I might just've asked the wrong people, but if noone steps up I'll go bug MA support some more.
It might be related to the bugfix as well though. This one was a "quick fix" as you can see quoted below:
07 Jun 2006 MindArk Support: said:
Hi,
We have done a temporar fix and the spawn is now back to max. A more permanent fix has to wait for the next VU. Should it happen again, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Entropia Support

The only person I would hazard a guess on getting good returns is Avery (and Mir.) but then he seems to global on everything. :laugh:

Although, seeing globals, I know, is not the whole story.

I will concur, I never once got a loot over 2-3ped with them. And I did whack quite a number of them myself.

I've only hunted there a couple times but the return was less than 50% so I've not returned. Did better on the Exa's than the Neconu's, sorry to say. :rolleyes:

Good luck with MA support! You'll need it.

TT return was bad on youngs. On other hand I got a tiger harness.

I went to your land the other day , all donned in my pixie plus opalo and much to my surprise landed on a neconu young .. :eek:
Fearing sudden death and a long time trying to escape the land I got my fap out and somehow managed to stay alive until it got bored with me and wandered off.

I thought well that wasnt too bad, I survived in pixie , and so zipped to my apartment to get my tiger armor and pistol. When I came back though the neconus were really whipping my ass !
I managed to kill 5 , 4 loots of 2 peds or so and 1 no loot. Decided it wasnt worth my decay or panic of trying to stay alive :(

Even though I wont be hunting neconus anymore on your land, I DO hope the loot here increases as I use to get great returns hunting exos there.

I did ok there. If I were an avid hunter, I would go back.

Slightly off topic, but I looted 2 n00bs from there the other night. I headed over there the other night with one of my disciples for some Exo/Berry fun. Evidently living behind the times, I had failed to keep abreast of the current mob situation :D

We spotted an Exo and death for the Exo ensued, followed swiftly by ourselves. At the revival post comments like "What the f&@k was that" were much in evidence :laugh:.

Anyway to cut a long story short, an escape party was formed with myself and Lee running the long way around back to NO, followed closely by some grateful bods in orange. Good impromptu fun and a great way to get to know new guys :laugh:

Akoz said:
I've been told by a LOT of people (everyone I have asked so far) that loot has been utterly crap. It is only natural to be able to loose 50% on these mobs, but a lot claim to have like 30-50% return rate or less.
Before I contact support about this.. can anyone say that they have had decent returns on this land? (Like 70%+ return on weapon expense)?
I might just've asked the wrong people, but if noone steps up I'll go bug MA support some more.
It might be related to the bugfix as well though. This one was a "quick fix" as you can see quoted below:

I team hunted with 2 friends in the day u switched the spawn to young. The big ones were still there and the low maturity ones that appeared after the big ones were cleared out. So we wiped both big ones up to alpha and low maturity and best loot was 6 ped. Think we killed 40-50 of them.

Akoz said:

I just went there once, but loots were bad
40% return I think

Ok thanks guys. I'll try make a support caese and see what happens.
Meanwhile I'll advice anyone that doesn't feel they have some extra peds to loose not to go to this area.

Only tried it once, but the loot was normal. Atleast not worse than other places :silly2:

1 global and 2 neconu toupee's. A small loss not counting the hair. But since i only tried the land once, it's obviously hard to say if it's something wrong there.

Akoz said:
Ok thanks guys. I'll try make a support caese and see what happens.
Meanwhile I'll advice anyone that doesn't feel they have some extra peds to loose not to go to this area.

LOL - can you please include me with full avatar name in your support case Akoz? It's a general problem for me :silly2:

Here are some promotional screenies from yesterday. Also had 5-6 mini's, Long Stinktree Boards and the regular "no loots" ;)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Edit: These globals where within 5 minutes of each other and I started out with 50k ammo... not too shabby ;)

I'm a happy customer :)
I think you have a nice, unique area here. People despise these horrible creatures to such a degree... We want Pay Back!!! Many former noobs have been traumatized being stuck for hours on end at that dismal outpost near Zues, where the neconu could smell you miles away, and would run you down in no time flat. I've tried to control my "neconu rage" for ages, slowly building skills to finally be able to extract my revenge. This was my most enjoyable global to date. I'll be back!!

Janus said:
I'm a happy customer :)
I think you have a nice, unique area here. People despise these horrible creatures to such a degree... We want Pay Back!!! Many former noobs have been traumatized being stuck for hours on end at that dismal outpost near Zues, where the neconu could smell you miles away, and would run you down in no time flat. I've tried to control my "neconu rage" for ages, slowly building skills to finally be able to extract my revenge. This was my most enjoyable global to date. I'll be back!!

Jesus, thats an UBER!!!!!

Gratz!

Hair sold for 4k last I heard, teeth prolly also!!!

MudKicker said:
Jesus, thats an UBER!!!!!

Gratz!

Hair sold for 4k last I heard, teeth prolly also!!!

...man, lets hope Janus didn't tt them all, not knowing......

Hurrikane said:
...man, lets hope Janus didn't tt them all, not knowing......

:) No worries there, but I was pleasantly shocked by the price of Neconu hair however! I'm thinking I'll use the proceeds to start a little fund to purchase all known neconu DNA samples and send them off to the "something, something, Reticulum" (fancy name for the sun in this Solar System), to forever rid our world of the vile monsters. But then again, it feels so good to to kill them now :)

im afraid that its not wourth alot anymore, the hair goes for around 200ped or something atm i think and teeth are tt food almost :( the farm has opend already :)

I did two runs with 500 ped ammo. I used as147+dante and loots didnt even cover ammo. So after repair I was down around 7-800ish.

Is loot bugged? Dont know. These are allways-looters. Allways-looters have crap avg return unless you global alot. They can also drop 3x bigger hofs than "normal loot" mobs.

I went and had another crack at them, with maddox 4, 100ped of ammo.

despite getting 50-60ped global, I was still down a shocking 100ped.

DuLi_ said:
im afraid that its not wourth alot anymore, the hair goes for around 200ped or something atm i think and teeth are tt food almost :( the farm has opend already :)
That is indeed a downer, but don't let that discourage anyone, these nasty neconu are the scourge of the planet! Lets blast them out of existance :handgun: (cmon MA, give us a little bit more incentive - Akoz needs to pay the rent)

New vu - new bugfix?

Despite a number of support caeses the area remained bugged until the VU.
Mindark claims to have done a "throughout investigation" and found nothing wrong.

I will now within short time change the area back to exaros should the bug not be fixed this vu.
Can anyone help me out by confirming that the area is still bugged, or by proving otherwise?

Akoz said:
New vu - new bugfix?

Despite a number of support caeses the area remained bugged until the VU.
Mindark claims to have done a "throughout investigation" and found nothing wrong.

I will now within short time change the area back to exaros should the bug not be fixed this vu.
Can anyone help me out by confirming that the area is still bugged, or by proving otherwise?

I was there on the new VU day ... and except for me dieing, what kind of buggs are you searching for? I didn't see anything bugged other than my health points!

Lykke said:
I was there on the new VU day ... and except for me dieing, what kind of buggs are you searching for? I didn't see anything bugged other than my health points!

The past month they have been looting like exarosaurs..

Akoz said:
The past month they have been looting like exarosaurs..
hah! i assure you, that is normal neconu young loots!
Why you think me and rony asked you to keep a maturity ? The average loot on any neconus is such you lose 50%. Your only hope is globals. But its better to get a 300 ped global from a stalker that 50 ped from a young since more items might fit in 300 =). I dont want to risk 50% (and also your tax %) for a chance to get stinking 50 pedders w/o items :p

Pham said:
hah! i assure you, that is normal neconu young loots!
Why you think me and rony asked you to keep a maturity ? The average loot on any neconus is such you lose 50%. Your only hope is globals. But its better to get a 300 ped global from a stalker that 50 ped from a young since more items might fit in 300 =). I dont want to risk 50% (and also your tax %) for a chance to get stinking 50 pedders w/o items :p

Point taken, but people have been coming back with way less than 50% including globals - on ammo alone.

While people come back with 50-70% on eudoria they tend to get 30-50% on this la.

The problem with having stalkers only is that there are like five people max that are willing and capable to hunt them. Unless you plan on making daily visits I think I'm gonna have to let them go.. :(

Sorry to say, but that land sucks bigtime.

Been trying to hunt there many times now, but everytime i have to give up, I get only 1-2 PED loot on every young / mature.

To hunt in this land, you really must be sure to have a BIG global / HOF, the loot on Exo is better :laugh:

Dunno if this is due to a bug or what, but if this keeps going, think you should change your mob, i'm not hunting there anymore, every run is so BAD!

i walked away a happy hunter, went there naked, as i do, with my trusty lil ep 21, and got 46 ped from two of them, one was 24, the other was 22, didnt lose any on decay, obviously, i was naked, and had about a 20 ped profit from the ammo, im going there reguarly, nicely done, :)
studley

Akoz said:
The problem with having stalkers only is that there are like five people max that are willing and capable to hunt them. Unless you plan on making daily visits I think I'm gonna have to let them go.. :(

Can you make them spawn in specific area on that LA? If so, just make them spawn in one place and drop another DNA on?

I would say you need higher maturity (up to stalker but not only stalker so lower lvl ppl can hunt them too).
The spawn is also a little small, most of the neco's are all together in one spot of the LA while the LA is pretty big.

And loots are not that odd i think, it's neconu loot.
Some ppl get back way less than 50%, that's probably because it's a bad run or lack of skills or the two combined (just guessing here, no offense to anyone).
My guess is that skilled ppl get back 50% without good globals/hofs (when they hunt with MM, naked and mod-fap for example).

If the spawn gets bigger and the maturity is more diverse (overall a little higher, with peaks to highest) it's the perfect spot for neconu hunters.

hunting naked has defo had a loot increase for me, and my evade and FA skills are sky rocketing too, plus im gettin ped, all good, i luv this land, altho im not to sure as to what mod/adj/imp items can be looted, if u can clear that up for me akoz, would be cool,
studley

Status
Back