Need Chat Help

Donald

Stalker
Society
Retired
Donald "Don" Cleveland
I went to the chat feature and began talking to the folks over there. They started giving me advice, and what not, and someone said I needed to use mIRC rather than java. Then someone else said type /quit demo_mode. So I did that and it disconnected me.

Can anyone tell me how to get back in, using that mIRC thing? I am aces at some things technical, but not this. Any help would be appreciated. They are probably wondering what happened to me. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Donald

Donald said:
Then someone else said type /quit demo_mode.

That was a joke Donald. It is used on every IRC noob who comes. :laugh:
Don't type anything anyone tells you in IRC.

well to a degree. I'll help ya out when ya come back.

Now come back ;)

Sorry m8, I do apologise for my sense of humor :p

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Ah... now my humiliation is compete. Thanks for posting that screenie! It's ok, not everyone can make me feel like a newb. I guess I appreciate that, in a way....

Anyhow, Faustian gave the the necessary info to get mIRC up and running. Unfortunately I cannot even go to that website here at the office. It is blocked by the geniuses in IT. I will download it and carry it to work tomorrow on a memory stick. Beware, I am a fast learner and won't be quite so easy to fool once I have a chance to examine the program. I wasn't fooled for one moment when I was told to type /join #pron. :laugh: Something just didn't feel right about that.

See you folks over there tomorrow!

Sincerely,
Donald

Back