Need help from forum mod.

tuxxan

Dominant
Tuxxen Skeleton Storm
Hi, as a few already know i got make ingame name changed from tuxxan skeleton storm, to tuxxen skeleton storm. And since i got my name changed i would like to ask if it's possible to get my forum account name changed aswell from Tuxxan to Tuxxen.

Many thanks

/tuxxen

Hi, as a few already know i got make ingame name changed from tuxxan skeleton storm, to tuxxen skeleton storm. And since i got my name changed i would like to ask if it's possible to get my forum account name changed aswell from Tuxxan to Tuxxen.

Many thanks

/tuxxen

MA Let you change your name?

MA Let you change your name?

Yes, But it's an extremely small change. I dont think they would allow anyone to change there name so you cannot tell who the person is anymore. it's not like i changed my identity ingame it's just a, E insted of an A.

A cunning plan: ask MA to change one letter at a time, until the whole name is changed :silly2:

Yes, But it's an extremely small change. I dont think they would allow anyone to change there name so you cannot tell who the person is anymore. it's not like i changed my identity ingame it's just a, E insted of an A.

I know at least two people who've had capitalization of their names changed, so minor changes are quite common.

does the new name mean anything?

what difference with the old one?

this is i'm wondering, many thanks if u can satisfy my curiosity

Cheers

If you ava name has part of your real name in it MA will change also.
Many Many Many years ago I changed mine.

Many thanks

/tuxxen

As you've not had an official reply from a moderator yet, I'll link the below policy from 2009:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ypsoForum-s-policy-regarding-username-changes

Read it quick, this post will probably get deleted.

Tuxxan, 711 will only consider a change to an account name in the following circumstances:
A request to change your PlanetCalypsoForum username will only be granted if both of the following conditions are met:
  • You have fewer than 100 posts
  • You have been a member of the forum for less than 6 months

Unfortunately, neither of those conditions apply to your account.

Tuxxan, 711 will only consider a change to an account name in the following circumstances:

Unfortunately, neither of those conditions apply to your account.

Alright, i accept that.

May i ask why these rules are set to below 100 post and 6 month? :)

711 would have to explain why those particular limits were chosen, but if you read the whole of his post, he does explain why limits are set:
Quite often, PCF members request username changes. Rather than repeatedly type out the current PlanetCalypsoForum policy regarding such, I will refer them to this thread in the future.

The real-cash economy nature of Entropia Universe requires caution when dealing with player/avatar identities, and by extension, their corresponding PlanetCalypsoForum usernames. This is also why PlanetCalypsoForum has a very strict rule limiting members to a single forum account.

The official PlanetCalypsoForum policy regarding forum username changes is as follows:

A request to change your PlanetCalypsoForum username will only be granted if both of the following conditions are met:

• You have fewer than 100 posts
  • You have been a member of the forum for less than 6 months

Beyond those limits, there is a good chance that other PlanetCalypsoForum members have become acquainted with your forum username, and possibly have associated that username with your Entropia Universe avatar name.

This policy is intended to avoid potential abuses (i.e. in the trading forums), and to avoid causing general confusion for other PCF members.

If you find yourself 'stuck' with an PCF username that does not correspond to your Entropia Universe avatar name, a good solution is to include your avatar name in your forum signature, so that other members can more easily make the association.

**NOTE**
You are only allowed to have ONE member account on PlanetCalypsoForum. If you decide to circumvent this username change policy by creating a secondary PlanetCalypsoForum account, you WILL get banned by the automated multiple-account detection software that is in use on PlanetCalypsoForum, and will risk having your original account banned as well.

711 would have to explain why those particular limits were chosen, but if you read the whole of his post, he does explain why limits are set:

Alright thanks for clearing it up for me I agree that it's not good for users to be avabile to switch names but then again i dont feel that i am changing my identity since it's just a latter from A to E. But i accept the forum rules.

Again thanks and have a great weekend! :)

Back