New Account Activation Delays

slothman

Hatchling
I have searched and found other references to this in the past.

Long story short I am testing this game as people have requested I install it in my PC Gaming Centre. Essentially I try most games at home to test for system requirements, ease of install, location of essential files etc etc.

If the game isnt worth it I dont pursue licensing requirments etc etc. Saves me a HEAP of time and headaches.

Anyway I thought I might as well get an account so I can help those get one in store if they are interested.

At this point I can see it will not reach the store (if that is even possible with the licensing) as I still havnt recieved details on my account.

I applied around Wednesday/Thursday last week (now monday night). So far nothing. I tried reaapplying, but my email is in use on the system. Which means they obviously got the account application.

What is a little concerning is there wasnt even the infamous "dont respond to this auto email".

So at this point can someone point me to an email address (dont post it just where I can find it) to ask for help?

Activation for you will come tomorrow .. and I'm 100% sure about that.

:rolleyes:

I have searched and found other references to this in the past.

Long story short I am testing this game as people have requested I install it in my PC Gaming Centre. Essentially I try most games at home to test for system requirements, ease of install, location of essential files etc etc.

If the game isnt worth it I dont pursue licensing requirments etc etc. Saves me a HEAP of time and headaches.

Anyway I thought I might as well get an account so I can help those get one in store if they are interested.

At this point I can see it will not reach the store (if that is even possible with the licensing) as I still havnt recieved details on my account.

I applied around Wednesday/Thursday last week (now monday night). So far nothing. I tried reaapplying, but my email is in use on the system. Which means they obviously got the account application.

What is a little concerning is there wasnt even the infamous "dont respond to this auto email".

So at this point can someone point me to an email address (dont post it just where I can find it) to ask for help?

It won't always take a whole week for your account to be activated. Considering that at the moment the game is progressing through a major upgrade, it may effect the timings of new account activations. My friend made an account last month, and it took 5 minutes to get an activation email.

If you are concerned though, try going to the main website and sending a support case.

Dunno,

For example im from Czech, and i had problems with activation emails from others companies ( not MA ) with one company running emails here ... So basicaly i had never recieved the mail.. I just created Gmail account and there its without a problem.. ( so my email provider - no email, gmail - email in 10 seconds >) )

Well I think my world in Entropia for now will be non existent.

Email sent to support and again, no confirmation reply or anything.

A full week now without even boo.

My want to even see this game has gone and so has my want to install it for new users.

Maybe it will come back if I ever get an email back.

Thanks to all who offered help and is good to see a community that is actually helpful and sympathetic compared to other communities out there :)

Once the support side is sorted at least new players will feel at home :)

I remember that my activation mail came to the junk mail folder.

sigh...

i wonder what the problem is. some of my friends had problems with this aswell. about half of them even. The most common reaction is "oh whatever game prolly sucks anyway", wich is to bad, but understable. this should be fixed.

Indeed. I seem to have run into the same situation. My friend started his account a few days ago with perhaps a 5 - 15 minute delay with his account activation email arrival time. I created my account 3 days ago, took a day for the message to change from pending account to an active account, and I have yet to recieve a single email of confirmation, denial, etc. However, signing up for the forum resulted in a confirmation email in less than 12 seconds. I hope there are some updates soon, or at least a news post on the main page detailing why new accounts are experiencing such difficulties.

However, signing up for the forum resulted in a confirmation email in less than 12 seconds.

This forum isn't run by MA and is privately owned... why do you think it works so well? ;)

My friend started his account a few days ago with perhaps a 5 - 15 minute delay with his account activation email arrival time. I created my account 3 days ago...

Out of curiosity, did you both use the same email provider like hotmail? Or do you have different email providers (1 has gmail and the other has hotmail)?

There have been suggestions over the years that MA carries out different levels of security checks depending on the perceived security of the email provider.

Back