New Avatar Pics!

So here's the final version of my new ava.

All in all, very happy with it :)

The hair color tends to change tremendously throughout the day. I would have liked to have the hair tips lighter than the rest of the hair, but this did not work out. Even if I select white, the tip will end up greyish. So I went for yellowish tips, which change to light brown in darker surroundings.

wait......:scratch2: is the avatar unlimited changed last till 5-02-2013 0:00 MA time or 5--2-2013 10:00 MA time or 6-02-2013 0:00 MA time?

So... My avatar before:

22464.jpg

And now:
entropia_-_copy.jpg

entropia3_291416.jpg

So here's the final version of my new ava.

All in all, very happy with it :)

The hair color tends to change tremendously throughout the day. I would have liked to have the hair tips lighter than the rest of the hair, but this did not work out. Even if I select white, the tip will end up greyish. So I went for yellowish tips, which change to light brown in darker surroundings.

yep I too have the problem with very different hair color in different light, but I guess I just have to get used to it.

also tried to get pink hair tips, but from dark red they also always looked grey - same cut, maybe thats thats why!

Here is my new avatar complete with new outfit, textured by LeeLoo Faith herself (using textures I crafted):

generic_avatar.jpg

Here is my new avatar complete with new outfit, textured by LeeLoo Faith herself (using textures I crafted):

generic_avatar.jpg

Will Riker reporting for duty.

Will Riker reporting for duty.

Nah, Riker is much larger and has darker hair/skin... Modelled my avatar after Corran Horn, but decided to not go for 100% accuracy since I want a bit of uniqueness :cool:

Although I was quite pleased with my updated avatar the change in lightning after the improvement didn't really suit him, thus I have now spent way, way to many hours redesigning my avatar, I really went into every last slider several times trying to get the right look. Here are some random screens of avatars that I at some point or another thought were final

The end result is this:

I would still want a bit more ashen-esque skin and would want to make him a bit more sinister looking, I do think he looks a bit to perfekt-looking to and I am not entirely sure that I like the small smirk I gave him.. I have still yet made a complete redo from the start, I might try that tomorrow
Tell me what you guys think, I have got somewhat blinded by working with him for to long.. when I went to the bathroom a while ago I thought my face looked weird, it seems like I have started associating
the face I saw on the screen with my own, a bit too creepy indeed.

I Still liked my old guy, he will probably be quite hard to get back though, In fact most of my efforts went into trying to make my avatar look more like him again after I destroyed him with my first redo redo.

Last edited:
What else can you fix, Ido? I seem to have an invisible line separating my knees from my legs, with some pants I wear. :silly2:

Same here, drives me nuts seeing it.

@Svarog
dont see ur post before and create a bugthread, I will finish it and log in and out over x-hours .......

Yes, few people want change , includet me - i was in the holidays and cant start before. I hope really that they give us the change to finish it.

Very smooth mate:)

I still have a ticket for a hair cut from u :)

I like this thread a lot so i will post:

The old old old me:
idoheadshotsmall.jpg

The old old me:
ido2headshotsmall_50760.jpg

Unfortunatly i dont have a nice one like this of the old me to compare so sorry for that

And the NEW ME
ido3.jpg

Im quite happy with the result, at least afer redo the ava the 2nd time yesterday.

heres 2 compare pictures (old - new)

Detail:

Very cute! Beware that scary stalker looking guy behind you!

Anyone else have problem with barely visible white horizontal line between lips at male avatar? (maybe that teeths, not sure)
Can't get rid of it :(
It has something to do with the chin position i think .. play around with the sliders
I will try to play with it, unless it will affect chin itself.
In new systems many different options have way to much influence on others, than before, for some reason :( (in other words, when you trying to fix something, you could easy broke something else).
It was Jaw, not the Chin.
Jaw Forward Back (change face in really weird way) or Jaw Height (noticeably changing face shape, adding some sort of "happiness" to it :( ).

Final solution:
So, as result to close it, I tweaked Jaw Height and slider under Mouth Type (to remove "happiness" effect and restore original view) and adjusted Chin size to restore original size.

Hope it would be useful for someone as well :)

Anyone's Ava look a little different after patch and logging in ?

I logged in, changed hair tips, amount of freckles and wrinkles and the skin brilliance slightly.
logged in, and I looked like an Pakistani.
Had to up the brightness on my skin tone quite a bit again to get back where I was...
Sadly didn't take a screenshot of the Ava after login.

All things considered not a train smash the changes I made, though slight, seem to gell quite nicely heh.

Last edited:
Addition IMAGE Toltec / Xaph

Composed = brilliant/Malc:)

xaph_b_day_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
new dex, they call me Mister D now, but where my golden chains :wtg:

dex_new.jpg

That looks like Jessica Alba!

Those freckles and beauty spot I assume is an extra mask?

as Leeloo said, freckles is a slider available to everyone (not sure about males though) but spot above lips is extra mask yes :)

Males have the freckles slider, though I haven't noticed it making a huge difference.

How did you get such a close up? Thanks!

I am not the one you are asking the question of but in your library there are camera controls where you can do close up on face, close up on eyes, etc. :)

I am done now too.

Pre VU14:
image_483884.jpg

Transition during VU14:
image.jpg

Finished Foxy:
foxy_final.jpg

:yup::girl:

as Leeloo said, freckles is a slider available to everyone (not sure about males though) but spot above lips is extra mask yes :)

I didn't even notice the spot (mole) until you mentioned it...just had to say, well done! Some of the avatars can become quite cartoonish with the weird colors, but I appreciate those that have that degree of realism. A tiny detail like a mole makes an avatar look that much more realistic. It's why I've always been frustrated with trying to pick a natural-looking shade of red, and with red hair, you gotta have pale skin & freckles too. It's a package deal for anyone having Irish physical characteristics. :)

Here's my final revision; I really liked how I was able to get a more mature look with the slight eye wrinkles and "no nonsense" intensity that reflects my RL attitude.

I find the lips look a bit weird with lipstick on, though...seems to be a few areas where lipstick goes where it shouldn't, and doesn't go where it should. Other than that, I was pleased with the process--and certainly glad we had a tweak-week! Thanks for the atypical generosity, MA. :D

Back