Info: New Calypso News Site - Looking for reporters

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
Soon to come: a new newssite for Calypso.

We are currently "hiring" (volunteer, no pay) reporters.

We have two types of news items:
- "Real news"
This can be anything happening on Calypso (but with a positive attitude): a great hunt, a group effort to take down a huge mob, huge fights in PvP, mob trains, Merry Mayhem, other events, market developments, interviews with notable players etc.

- Fan fiction news
This is fictional news, which is reported from your own designated location. As a reporter, you will be assigned a "post". For instance: if you have been assigned Port Atlantis, you can be writing about government plans to introduce paid parking. If you have been assigned Twin, you could report on an increased Argonaut Activity. You can imagine your own storylines. As long as you write it in-character and use the environment as your basis. It needs to be credible enough, but still just for entertainment. This kind of news is "fun" only.

Well, actually, there is a third, which is a mix of the two above. For instance, you can come up with a story line, which ends in a big grouphunt or anything.

Basically, anything you can think of can be discussed.

Interested? Get in touch with me through PM.

oooo sounds like a good idea i would read/ watch it

one request - make it available in .mobi format, ready for download in to a kindle... and/or create a file for calibre so that it can automatically be added to the stuff calibre automatically downloads when syncing news sources. ;) :)

PDF, which is what the last magazine writers used over on ep, is not all that easy to read in a tablet... especially if you use text to speech technology, etc.

Last edited:
Rss feed? That way i can read it when im bord

one request - make it available in .mobi format, ready for download in to a kindle... and/or create a file for calibre so that it can automatically be added to the stuff calibre automatically downloads when syncing news sources. ;) :)

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

PDF, which is what the last magazine writers used over on ep, is not all that easy to read in a tablet... especially if you use text to speech technology, etc.

I am not planning on making it PDF. The current setup is a "simple" website. Should be easy accessible for mobile users as well, right?

RSS: when possible, it will indeed be implemented.

Back