new content as told by ma-official

Sweet, so I can actually dodge attacks from some mobs based on my RL skills, well, not need for armour anymore :)

I likes! I likes! So tired of what was deemed as fighting in this game.

But it may screw with people who just hit the Auto-Play button.

The creatures will now be able to alternate between different types of attacks each with their own set parameters and animations/sounds/particles.

Particles? And add some nice glow effects to the mob and/or our weapons too maybe? Ya, and animate them some more... <facepalm> Prepare for some nice lag in a dense spawn with a few hunters around, if you don't have a state of art graphic card and enough RAM for rendering all that crap! (think snow and xmas trees) But then, you can always play in "safe mode", right?

Oh, and I don't like the rest either. Nothing better to do than to play with your Cryengine tool box, MA?

A mob before hits one attacker. With the coming AOE attack it hits multiple attackers. Isn't that increasing decay? :scratch2:

One < multiple ergo multiple > one, no?

If you quote someone read that quote to the end... to the very end.... including the Post Scriptum.

They should focus on fixing current shit, instead of constantly changing things around....but then I guess it wouldent be so dynamic!

I think the mob AI additions are fantastic, there are tens of threads on here asking these ad similar. Mobs with mindforce attacks have also been missed a lot since mf was reintroduced.

Hopefully this will not take another year or two to implement.

I hope they do more work on it than they did with the feffoid, all they do is step from side to side not much of an upgraded AI if you ask me :confused:

:yay:Great news i think :yay: will be fun to try something new:)

Sweet, so I can actually dodge attacks from some mobs based on my RL skills, well, not need for armour anymore :)

If creatures with this ability behave the same as the current ones (which seems to be the case - what Kim wrote about are abilities, not AI or behavioural characteristics) you'll need some pretty quick reflexes to dodge projectiles from 4m away :)

- Deathifier

When i read it first i thought they were good addition except for the % damage if it were absorbed by armor.
As it seems it will probably be an elemental kind one ( not impact, cut,stab, etc) which armors doesn't protect against, it seems better.

Kim|Mindark said:
Clarification: Percentage of current HP damage does not deal decay to armor.

Remain the issue of the fap costs, not every people with high health aren't exploiter or have duped mod fap.
Health regenereation based on % may be a thing.

you may hate me for saying this... BUT I LOVE THIS! its different. more of a challenge! isnt that was we want?

Isn't that what this does? Fix the lame fighting.
Oh, you mean the current stuff that you care about.
More a matter of if its not broke dont "fix" it. some things do not actually work at all, while combat works its just perhaps not as smurfy as it could be. I personally would like scopes and sights to be updated/fixed/explained.

you may hate me for saying this... BUT I LOVE THIS! its different. more of a challenge! isnt that was we want?

No not really, not when its going to cost you when you mistake...its bad enough when the kid bumps my arm and I shoot the ground/corpse once or twice...id hate to think a bit of lag, or slow reaction would result in a loss of my $

KIM said it would bypass armour all together therefore no decay only damage to your health & damage will be a % of your total hp so any level hunter can try kill X mob rather than it be only an uber mob for example. This is where tactics would come into play.

& this is where skills would work backwards..
The fresh nib has enough with a fap50 heal of 2 pec while the skilled person needs to take his slow ur200 wich costs 4* as much. For a skillbased game, this sounds like BS to me

The AOE attacks will mean the fapper you hire will be too busy fapping themself to keep you alive.:rolleyes:

Adding more new features before the old systems are back is not a good thing.

This is just another ped sink for players so MA can make us deposit more while at same time getting constant bad loot.:eek:

Some features like mobs using mindforce sound great though.:girl:

& this is where skills would work backwards..
The fresh nib has enough with a fap50 heal of 2 pec while the skilled person needs to take his slow ur200 wich costs 4* as much. For a skillbased game, this sounds like BS to me

When you get normal hits which are high enough, lets say 60+, together with those % hits and together with the fact that you can evade the mob and the nub cant ---> you will still do better than the nub who dies at every second mob :laugh:

And who knows maybe we have healing tools which heals for % of Avater maxhealth soon :wtg:

The AOE attacks will mean the fapper you hire will be too busy fapping themself to keep you alive.:rolleyes:

Adding more new features before the old systems are back is not a good thing.

This is just another ped sink for players so MA can make us deposit more while at same time getting constant bad loot.:eek:

Some features like mobs using mindforce sound great though.:girl:

This will give the Jammer profession/skill some use.

And yeah, ofc it is made to drain more ped, just look at 5+ mil USD losses for MA they had this year. Any new FEATURES and IMPROVEMENTS would be geared towards that. :silly2:

Besides it is not such a bad change, games like Monster Hunter became very popular especially because of the strategic combat involvement when teaming with other players, unlike just the mash victory button we always had.

Next up - First EU Boss Mobs... :rolleyes:

Fapers have to run back from revive, might take a small medic team to keep hunting team alive..:eyecrazy:

And yeah, ofc it is made to drain more ped, just look at 5+ mil USD losses for MA they had this year. Any new FEATURES and IMPROVEMENTS would be geared towards that. :silly2:

Actually the latest midyear report mentions a loss of 1.25 million USD for january-june 2011 so its more like 25% of what ya just said ;)

Fapers have to run back from revive, might take a small medic team to keep hunting team alive..:eyecrazy:
there goes the "low" price of medical compress...

The more early MA comunicate about an update , the worse it will be for player...
So if MA beggin to tell us about such big change in damage system , it mean they want us to fire the shit now , so , when the update will come player will be more calm...

Anyway i sence a vergeance in the force , and i feel a massive quiting is on the way...

If not all mobs then i think will be ok, hunting as it stands is kinda boring. Different challenges and attacks on new mobs introduced i think would be a bonus.

People will hunt them if the mark up is worth the challenge. ;)

If not all mobs then i think will be ok,

That would remove all my complaints. I don't mind new mobs that act in new ways, and require new strategy or tools to manage. What I do mind is being halfway through a 10k mission to have the whole combat system changed, and find myself having to adapt...never mind I forgot what game I was in for a second there...

I reserve the right to do a complete reversal of opinion when I see the implementation, but tentatively this sounds quite interesting.

I second Jimmy ;)

To me this sounds like good news for sure! More depth to the hunting and some tactical challanges!

About the predicted increase of decay im not worried.. If they wanted to squeeze more PED out of the people without a hassle, i guess a silent 0.25% decrease of the avg. loot would be alot smoother than announcing a new way of gettin our peds.. We never know about those decisions of course but in my imagination an increase of decay on one place give a slightly higher payback on another place.

If not all mobs then i think will be ok

At first, only on new mobs. Later, maybe on old ones as well. According to Kim that is.

At first, only on new mobs. Later, maybe on old ones as well. According to Kim that is.

I think they have already been testing it out on mobs we have already. Damages seem to jump around a lot.

You get several damages that seem normal then an odd damage that seems to be much more then the others. To me I think that is a different damage type being done then the others. Or a mix of damage types on that high hit.

Ok, I don't understand you guys....you sound like this game is played for free

All that theory about decreasing the loot return if MA want more money it's not ok for them, surely, they will make some money first, but when the players will quit after seeing such bad loot all the time

Instead, making a harder mob to kill, with different types of attack and all that stuff is much harder to notice, you will start thinking that you aren't cleaver enough to win in that game, instead of feeling that MA get's your money

That might be ok, it's all about mind control:smoke:

Think of a thief, what would you prefer, to say so?.... a bang in the head or some clever tactic that you wouldn't even feel....I prefer none, but if I have to choose I will chose the second, this is what MA does with this proposed updates

Sure all this improvements in monsters AI would be nice....if this we're a free game to play, but like this I personally don't see any benefit except if the all "MISS" messages we're removed, all the no loot we're removed, and all the nova/blazar will be removed also a slight increase in loot return on these mobs will be fine

As a general idea, I don;t really mind the costs to kill these new monsters if I will get the same loot return
It's only bad if you don't; have enough money to keep cicle until the system get's you back on track

Also I hope these new AI will be only for the new monsters, not for all, because that sounds worst than space to me, you cannot force someone to change there tactics and money spent only to be able to keep on playing, and I don't like sweating either

PS: Keep your hands on your wallet!:D

AoE damage... would imagine only some mobs will have this ability, like Proteron stomp.
DoT's (Damage over Time), maybe Tsk Tsk that'll sting and poison you.

AoE damage was quite foreseeable since we have AoE healing too, and fappers getting hit by AoE? Guess we'll be seeing more MF healers to stay out of the AoE radius.

Maybe a Dispell MF chip coming up to get rid of those DoT's?
This update does seem like an improvement from MF point of view.

Back