FYI: New Crafting UI Screencap

Shard-Angel

Prowler
Society
Project Entropia
Vehshi Rogue Shard-Angel
I just had time to grab 1 screenshot before connection lost:

Quite nice. Probably needs some new skins/options. Has a higher risk of crafting without safeguards.

95% success rate? Seriously? :yay:

Falagor
:bandit:

Falagor

I ask this very question in the release notes. The old "GREEN" was deliberately misleading (with an actual CoS of ~41%) and can be considered illegal.

First impressions: The crafting UI is looking nice. :) Good work MA!!

QUESTION: The Success rate now states 95% success rate. Is this a REVISED new system? Or is it still following the misleading (possibly illegal) success GREEN bar of the old crafting system?

i always love it when people throw around the word illegal in this video game.

Very nice! Thank you! Does it only display the items available for crafting that you own BPs for? Can you access the BPs directly from Storage, or do they need to be in your carried inventory?

Hmm, not bad actually. Makes the crafting process look more streamlined and less, well, slot machine-like, which I think it was a common complaint. :laugh:

In regards to the 95% success rate, that looks bugged to me... perhaps it's the maximum attainable rate with a given blueprint? (With profession at level 100 for non-SIB BPs and past a certain threshold for SIB BPs, and QR 100) or something else? :scratch2:

Falagor

If you held your mouse over the success-rate bar in the blueprint information window before the update it would say the same.

I've no idea what it actually means, because it's not CoS. 95 % is for new-style SIB BPs. Old style max out at 89 % IIRC.

Edit: As Boardian Chilix pointed out below me it used to be 94 % max, not 95 %. That is a bit odd. Perhaps it's just a new way of rounding.

Very nice! Thank you! Does it only display the items available for crafting that you own BPs for? Can you access the BPs directly from Storage, or do they need to be in your carried inventory?

It displays every single BP you own - even if it's in storage, even if it's in a container and even if it's not in a BP book.

Honestly, I see no point in BP books now.

I dunno if it works cross-planet. I only have BPs on calypso and that's where I logged on. Not sure how estates work.

Not sure if resources work like BPs, or if it only catches carried resources.

The construct tab allow you to rank which residue you wish to use. It also lets you see the number of clicks you have made on a BP (starting at zero, nothing before the VU has been saved) and your # of success.

Last edited:
If you held your mouse over the success-rate bar in the blueprint information window before the update it would say the same.

I've no idea what it actually means, because it's not CoS. 95 % is for new-style SIB BPs. Old style max out at 89 % IIRC.
I think the pouint is that the "Success rate" is not -and never has been -the actual success rate, which actually maxes at around 40% doesn't it?

ninety-anything % is downright misleading. Percent of what? Percent of some unrevealed theoretical maximum? (which is probably more like 42%)

Until you become familiar with crafting, you naturally assume that 95% success rate means that you will succeed 19 times out of 20. You couldn't be more wrong :mad:

jay :)

I think the pouint is that the "Success rate" is not -and never has been -the actual success rate, which actually maxes at around 40% doesn't it?

ninety-anything % is downright misleading. Percent of what? Percent of some unrevealed theoretical maximum? (which is probably more like 42%)

Until you become familiar with crafting, you naturally assume that 95% success rate means that you will succeed 19 times out of 20. You couldn't be more wrong :mad:

Correct. It's just strange.

unless it was, as skill, doubled.... wich would lead to 47%, much closer to the real %

Honestly, I see no point in BP books now.

Really? You want all those BPs loose in your inventory/storage, so you exceed the item limit all the time? You want your rare/100 QR BPs all mixed in with the rubbish BPs you just looted, so you have to inspect them very carefully before you TT ?

MA did us a favour by making them unusable unless we put them in a book. It forces us to organise them properly, and keep them safe

Really? You want all those BPs loose in your inventory/storage, so you exceed the item limit all the time? You want your rare/100 QR BPs all mixed in with the rubbish BPs you just looted, so you have to inspect them very carefully before you TT ?

MA did us a favour by making them unusable unless we put them in a book. It forces us to organise them properly, and keep them safe

My point is - any storage container will work just as well. And one storage container can hold dupes and also BPs from any planet that fit into any book.

Ok sure there's a use for books still, but not nearly as useful as they were and absolutely not mandatory.

Has anyone tried crafting with residue? Does it only use the top most prioritized residue? When is residue depleted (at zero or at item full tt or..)?

My point is - any storage container will work just as well. And one storage container can hold dupes and also BPs from any planet that fit into any book.
I've yet to find a storage container that'a suitable. Most have far too low an item limit. Also they have much higher weight that BP books, and don't neatly reduce the BP weight to zero, like BP books do. (have been keeping dupes in storage containers...and the inconvenience really pisses me off). As it is, I can easily carry nearly all my prints around with me, in case I forget them when i move planet. If I'm forced to use storaje containers- no chance!

BP books also provide a quick check for which BPs you already have and also (in the case of UL BPs) let you know which prints you are still missing, since there are spaces for the missing prints.

Far from doing away with BP books , I'd liike to see a similar thing implemented for paint texture samples. Its bloody hard finding siutabe storage containers to hold all those, then remembering which containers you used for samples, and which you used for other things. BP books are instantly recognisable as such, and even colour-coded and labelled according to BP type.

I do hope MA don't start thinking along the same lines as you

Has anyone tried crafting with residue? Does it only use the top most prioritized residue? When is residue depleted (at zero or at item full tt or..)?

I wanted to see how it worked while crafting level 3 amps. I had 6 ped of energy res and 166 ped of metal res. Figured i would set it to use the energy res first.. and then fill with the metal res. It did use the energy res first, but then left me with a 13ped amp and still had 166 ped of metal res to use on the next success. The next success I got was full tt as it used the metal res that i had split between my carried inventory and storage.

So in general it will use the top residue first.. but seems if that res runs out.. it will not add the next one on the list to fill the item. So becareful when clicking high end L items that require full tt to make it worth clicking.

Ok here it is how it is presently, apparently working as intended :) :

I really like the crafting layout now MA (just did a few different clicks). One thing to improve it even further would be the possibility to click on the item to be crafted and see MU on it. (As I remember this was not possible).

Good work!
Sbi

Good job MA on this, however some more info explaining CoS in official way (mouse hover on description ? ) would be welcome.

Strange how few ppl saying anything nice about this while tonnes complain over HP display change ( incl. me ). Or maybe not, bad things are always more discussed :p

maybe 95% is avg tt return??? :confused:

maybe 95% is avg tt return??? :confused:
Interesting idea, it could fitt, but it seems allmost to easy... this is the enigmatic MA we are talking about after all :laugh:

I really like the crafting layout now MA (just did a few different clicks). One thing to improve it even further would be the possibility to click on the item to be crafted and see MU on it. (As I remember this was not possible).

Good work!
Sbi

Actually it is possible under the browse tab. :)

Reactions: sbi
Back