Suggestion: New Daily Repeatable for New/Low Budget Hunters

Gopher

Alpha
Society
Victory
Gopher Goofer Bless
A new daily repeatable at camp phoenix that makes you kill 500-1000 snablesnot (male and female both count) for a random reward from a reward list. I think a new mission like this will help out the new players and small budget hunters a bit and offer some unique rewards. The reward list would work similar to how the dropship sensor reward list works.

Reward List:
Common-
0.5ped Universal Ammo
250 nova fragments
400 nova fragments
Rare-
1ped Universal ammo
50 blazar fragments
100 blazar fragments
Ultra Rare-
A small amount of clicks on a new limited blueprint that utilizes snablesnot skin to create unique clothing, weapon, or something else
Snablesnot Female Plushie
Snablesnot Male Plushie

Of course this is just an idea to help make the game feel a little better, numbers of the rewards or the rewards themselves shouldn't be taken as what they should be in-game, but I tried to balance them a little so it isn't too little or too much of a reward.

And aside from this quest suggestion, can the density of the spawn at camp phoenix be increased? Snablesnot are low aggro mobs and more of them without having to run around as much would be awesome.

Always good to have more repeatable task based missions to encourage extra cycling.
Sure why not.

I would also suggest having double the “daily terminal missions” 3 missions only and as soon as you blink you are done. (Unless you get a bad spawn mob then they drag out)
Token rewards are desirable to many and don’t cost MA anything to give, so more work can be done here to provide more cycling opportunities to the casual guys.

Also, not to hijack your idea, but being able to scale your daily to the required mob kills would be amazing. Similar to how you pick gold/silver/redulite in mayhem. If you get 50 snarksnot for 1 token, you could instead choose to do 150 for 2 or 300 for 3, depending on how much time you want to spend. Scaling to the individual needs to the hunter promotes more activity.

Last edited:
Sounds just like the missions they give out at Fort Medusa. Will be interesting to know if there is different missions given and if the reward changes because of it.

òets crunch some number... 1000 snables...
female are 40 hp males are 20 average 30 hp
30.000 HP
at 3.00 DPP it is 100 ped cycle
Codex would reward 0.5Ped Of skills
being a low ppl zone i would say it cost 93% so loose 7 ped average
but there is a bonus... snables can drop a 4.5000 ped item (shopper pad) so there is the bait
imho density should be increased 3x to make it acceptable or even 4x (the only spawn i love on caly is the Molisk hill SW of the Megavolt)
a plushie is like Monrian reward... more "garbage 4 storage"
the reandom reward i think is in no mission so probably should be different random missions
mission 1 kill 500 for 0.5 ammo
mission 2 kill 1k for 1 ped ammo
mission chain kill 10.000 female for plushie
mission chain 2 kill 10.000 for male plushie

uhm..... it is similar to old "IFN last mission with trophy head" :)

òets crunch some number... 1000 snables...
female are 40 hp males are 20 average 30 hp
30.000 HP
at 3.00 DPP it is 100 ped cycle
Codex would reward 0.5Ped Of skills
being a low ppl zone i would say it cost 93% so loose 7 ped average
but there is a bonus... snables can drop a 4.5000 ped item (shopper pad) so there is the bait
imho density should be increased 3x to make it acceptable or even 4x (the only spawn i love on caly is the Molisk hill SW of the Megavolt)
a plushie is like Monrian reward... more "garbage 4 storage"
the reandom reward i think is in no mission so probably should be different random missions
mission 1 kill 500 for 0.5 ammo
mission 2 kill 1k for 1 ped ammo
mission chain kill 10.000 female for plushie
mission chain 2 kill 10.000 for male plushie

uhm..... it is similar to old "IFN last mission with trophy head" :)
Mission isn't supposed to be a way to profit every time you do a snable hunt, its just a little reward for doing a normal hunt. The plushies are cool collectors items and people with estates can make better use of them. It isn't supposed to be different missions, its supposed to be a different way for a daily mission to be cool and rewarding without just giving 100 nova fragments or a few daily tokens. Having the random reward list also would have people cycle more if they aren't lucky at getting the item they want in the first few dailies, so its a win for MA there. Having different missions would ruin the fun in it and it would just be an iron mission, which is not my suggestion. The unique limited blueprint would also make another use for snablesnot skin, which would help the low budget/new players make a little more from MU. Since there will probably be a lot more new players coming in with UE5, more daily missions or extensive mission chains that aren't just iron missions would help with them having goals and more stuff to do every day.

Last edited:
Uderstood.
for new player the real problem if the game is the lack of "content"
after some
kill 5 (well 5000) rats
bring me 5 (5000) rat tails
talk to the ratmaster
style (the stupid fly here fly there hologram chain is an example of 1990 style quest design
there is really no conent and the grindfest begins.
the "random reward" engine i think is not in game, all actual quest have fixed reward so probably need some "turn in programming" but there is a random generator for "random quest" (daily medusa and lahar) that is why it is simplr to implement.
The engine is there already
developers should just pick the daily NPC code at medusa and deploy one each teleporter with a "local menace" mission for a quick " kill X rats" or "bring me Y rat tails" style
as per the reward, i think that anything is interesting if has any use in game being it a 0.2 ped CDF item to shot 15 minutes free or a vanity item
regarding Irons, they would overlap codex but what i woudl really love is a "Ranking" for monster slayer on the basis of the actual skill rank but with monster name on it
and a progressbar that tracks my kills in the codex page like "daikiba - 2.000.000 kill" and a RANK like the skills with kills/10.000 (2.000.000 ->> rank 200 "Daikiba hunter - entropia master"

Uderstood.
for new player the real problem if the game is the lack of "content"
after some
kill 5 (well 5000) rats
bring me 5 (5000) rat tails
talk to the ratmaster
style (the stupid fly here fly there hologram chain is an example of 1990 style quest design
there is really no conent and the grindfest begins.
the "random reward" engine i think is not in game, all actual quest have fixed reward so probably need some "turn in programming" but there is a random generator for "random quest" (daily medusa and lahar) that is why it is simplr to implement.
The engine is there already
developers should just pick the daily NPC code at medusa and deploy one each teleporter with a "local menace" mission for a quick " kill X rats" or "bring me Y rat tails" style
as per the reward, i think that anything is interesting if has any use in game being it a 0.2 ped CDF item to shot 15 minutes free or a vanity item
regarding Irons, they would overlap codex but what i woudl really love is a "Ranking" for monster slayer on the basis of the actual skill rank but with monster name on it
and a progressbar that tracks my kills in the codex page like "daikiba - 2.000.000 kill" and a RANK like the skills with kills/10.000 (2.000.000 ->> rank 200 "Daikiba hunter - entropia master"
Actually, the random reward list is in the game, go dropship boss in space, get a few sensors, and hand them in. There is a list of stuff you randomly get with sensors, you can get 400-1.5k blazar, and multiple L bp's, which some are more rare than others. And yes, I agree that there is a heavy lack of content for the new players, which is why I am suggesting this in the first place, especially with a new influx coming with UE5.

Back