New Debit Card Not Accepted

moondog

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
Hi,

I have recently received a new debit card. I logged onto the main site and removed my old (cancelled) card. I then tried to register a deposit with the new card (which is activated with the bank) but when it gets to the final transaction screen, I just get a blue broken line circle going around and around. There is no failed message or any message at all, the page just goes around in a continuous loop and I have to log out from the main site. Exactly the same happens when I try to purchase from the web shop. I know the new card works as I have paid for things online and in person and it also works with my uber account. I have raised a support case but no response from MA. This is not a problem I have encountered before but I was looking forward to a nice long weekend of EU game play but looks like MA will miss out on my not inconsiderable depo.

Anyone else currently having similar issues ?

Maybe its just a bug like few months ago. They fixed it in 2-3 days. not at home to check if mine works, will do a test asap.

I have just spoken with live chat who confirm there is currently an issue for some users. They have advised using a different browser, relogging, or using a different card. They also advised turning off adblocker, but confirm that there is currently an issue with making deposits or purchases from the webshop. They advise a support case is not required as they are aware of the issue.

I've been unable to deposit since last weekend and have had active support cases since then. I'll refrain from making a pissed off post but I don't know how I managed to get myself into the position of getting my limit raised to 50k then unable to deposit again to actually use the gear :ROFLMAO:

I'll post a few support responses but TLDR is that they have no idea what to do and literally have 0 eta on this issue.

On 2021-05-28 12:24:33 SUPPORT replied:
Hi Synial,

Thanks for the update on this issue.

Which browsers have you tried? The most successful browser has proven to be chrome as several customers who had problems up until today are now able to use the webshop again by using chrome.

We will continue to look for solutions until everyone is able to use the webshop again.

On 2021-05-27 15:05:54 SUPPORT replied:
Hi again,

Thank you for your patience.

There is no approved list that we know of, but Nets has confirmed that there has been more failed transactions than normal these past few days. The issue has not yet been resolved for everyone. However, from investigation it appears that one of several actions might work for you, as it has worked for other customers.

1. Try a different web browser.
2. Turn off any adblock or similar (for example uBlock).
3. Check that you are up to date with your card’s authorization system. It is possible you need to download an application from your bank in order to authorize your card, which is needed in our webshop.
4. If possible, try using a card provided by a different bank.

We will continue to look into the issue.
On 2021-05-24 17:34:24 SUPPORT replied:
Hi Synial,

Thank you for contacting us again.

A few who have experienced the issue with our payment provider Nets are now able to deposit again, but it seems the issue is still affecting some customers. We don't know yet when it will be completely resolved and will provide an update when the situation changes.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

@Synial,

This is verbatim the response I got from MA support and from the web page live support chat. It is BS as MA must be aware that bank holiday weekends always have heavy in game traffic with events such as the interplanetary boss wave event which is enjoyed by a lot of long time players. As the situation stands, it looks as if I won't be playing and losing a ton of ped this weekend as I CANT DEPO (caps used in case an MA employee is scanning the forum for just this sort of thing)

The only other thing the live chat said was to keep trying the main site. I followed all their other BS ideas but still didn't manage to depo.

Incidentally do you get the same problem as me with the blue broken circle just going around and around

I do get the infinitely looping blue circle when I use internet explorer. I get a "payment declined by acquirer" error when using chrome and firefox.

I contacted my bank about the issue when it first started and they said there has been no activity on the account related to anything in Europe (I'm in the US) since my last successful deposit on May 20. The card is just not being processed (as if it is blocked by their payment processor). I have relayed this to support already.

I have attempted to make contact with their acquirer NETS (https://www.nets.eu/en/payments/contact-us/) but unfortunately as I am not the owner of the merchant account I can't talk with their representatives about the issue - though I'm given the impression that the issue isn't complicated if someone just picked up the phone...

I've never had to put in as much work to give a company money :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I can't do anything else now even if I wanted to as I can't even access anything on the website related to webshop or support anymore. I had to copy/paste those responses from the in-game support panel. I guess getting denied by the cash shop a few times a day locked me out. I'm now getting the error 429 when accessing their page which according to google is an error when you visit a page too much (?????).

Yikes :scratch:

I'm getting the blue broken circle thing currently. Not a new card, used successfully via the webshop in the past, and was working for other purchases a short while ago.

Money will go elsewhere if this isn't fixed pretty soon.

Well as it seems I am not the only one, and as the thread has gained some traction, hopefully MA will realise there is a problem and fix it, otherwise I will just spend the whole weekend in the pub (they can have my money instead of MA)

I just tried something completly different. I used safari on my macbook and tried to depo. It asked for 2 step authentication from my bank, presumably because it was a new card and it appears to have worked. I can't check until I get home and fire up my gaming computer but I got a tick on the page and the message "Betalingen er godkendt. Vinduet kan nu lukkes.."which translates to "Payment has been approved. The window can now be closed." So fingers crossed it worked and if so it does appear to be an issue with particular browsers as MA has mentioned .

Same here - endless blue circle via webshop.

@moondog Think you were having a different issue then considering your card was new. Congrats on being able to deposit :)

I'm actually getting errors now when accessing any support or webshop page that requires authentication that state to "contact the site owner"

I can look at the account homepage (https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/) and browse the webshop (https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/shop/) but I now get an error whenever I attempt to access a page that requires authentication i.e. the checkout page (https://account.entropiauniverse.co...ount/shop/checkout/index.xml&up=/account/shop) or the login to support page (https://account.entropiauniverse.co...port-case/index.xml?&up=/support-faq/contact/). Note the "auth" in each url subsequent to the entropiauniverse domain name.

@Ludvig|MindArk or any relevant parties reading: who do I contact to get access to the website again? :unsure:

Not giving out personal info in this thread but anyone able to assist please pm me for further details if you think this could be a regional or ISP issue related to authentication servers.

@moondog Think you were having a different issue then considering your card was new. Congrats on being able to deposit :)

I'm actually getting errors now when accessing any support or webshop page that requires authentication that state to "contact the site owner"

I can look at the account homepage (https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/) and browse the webshop (https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/shop/) but I now get an error whenever I attempt to access a page that requires authentication i.e. the checkout page (https://account.entropiauniverse.co...ount/shop/checkout/index.xml&up=/account/shop) or the login to support page (https://account.entropiauniverse.com/auth/login.xml?from=/support-faq/contact/file-a-support-case/index.xml?&up=/support-faq/contact/). Note the "auth" in each url subsequent to the entropiauniverse domain name.

@Ludvig|MindArk or any relevant parties reading: who do I contact to get access to the website again? :unsure:

Not giving out personal info in this thread but anyone able to assist please pm me for further details if you think this could be a regional or ISP issue related to authentication servers.
Hi Synial,

Out of curiosity, what country are you in ?

(EDIT) - Apologies - you already said you were in the US, I just thought you might be in some weird country that controls internet traffic but you live in the good old US of A where they even let you have guns, so depoing in an online game should not be an issue

Last edited:
Call to the bank. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a new protection that I personally had to activate. A phone call solved my problem in 5 minutes.

Update:

Was able to connect to the authentication server by connecting through a VPN service and redirecting through Canada and France. Issues with other domestic United States location.

Didn't occur to me to try this earlier as I never expected an issue such as this could possibly be going on for so long when payment is involved.

Still unable to deposit as I obviously can't apply vpn techniques to bank routing though...

Is the Billing department on vacation or what?

Going to hold back other comments but I'd suggest you look into a way to let people deposit via bank account transfers and get strongboxes/keys/webshop items(ammo/pills/etc) if you aren't able to manage the third party relationships to actually let people spend money.

@Deemer - yes agreed, my problem was that firefox and google did not pick up my banks request for 2 step authentication on a new card when using the main site. Safari realised that it was required and redirected me to my bank, once i completed 2 step authentication it worked fine. When I get home I will check whether I can depo directly in game with my new card.

I am absolutely dumb founded that any company would prevent users from giving them money. Whoever is responsible for this at MA should ensure payments go as smoothly as possible with no incident. Any player that wants to depo should be able to do so with no hassle. I accept that they need to prevent fraud and money laundering, but lets face it, money laundering only works when you get the money out ( I have never withdrawn from EU). I used to own own a bar and this is the equivalent of me saying to a person who had frequented my bar for 10 years "Sorry Mate, you can't come in today", I am pretty sure that patron would never come back. MA better hope no other company comes up with a better offering, or maybe they know we are already heavily invested. However in this case an investment can be cashed in, the flip side of the RCE model for MA,

MA forget the UI and the bugs, if I can't put my money in, or if I have to use 3 computers, 2 different OS and 6 different Browsers, maybe I cant be F'''king arsed.

This rant will continue if, when I get home I find the depo has not worked. However, if it does work then this will be the end of my thread

Update 2 - Will post this here to keep info consolidated:

For reference, I have never had to enter any additional information when depositing or deal with any form of 2FA other than the entropia 2FA handled through the app. The first time I tried to spend more than the cost of whatever starter pack I first bought lead to a declined transaction and my bank immediately called me to confirm the purchase and inquire about more details.

I contacted my bank for the second time during this deposit lockout (following Deemer's post about contacting his bank) and had a more in-depth conversation.

They told me that their algorithm detects any out of the ordinary purchases and that any 2FA required by any web portal will be handled automatically on their end and requires no information from their clients to make purchases - this is evidenced by my successful deposits May 11 - May 20, and everything else before that, I suppose :eek: (Deposit issues started May 21 for reference).

Furthermore (atleast in the United States), according to Mastercard, this type of Debit Card and other cards they offer with this protection offered does not require the 2FA input that support told me "is needed by the webshop".

Apparently it could be possible that someone who didn't know any better checked a box in your control panel that REQUIRED a mandatory interaction from the customer even though their bank's algorithm handles it for them and is then kicking back the transaction.. unlikely?

It's also possible that NETS enabled something on their end to require this (apparently there are some different handling procedures of mastercard in Europe).

I've been told this is very unlikely as it would mean that the payment acquirer would have to be ignorant of these algorithms that handle 2FA for the customer on an international scale.

If however this is the case and you need to whitelist various financial institutions please look into the providers of stopped payments. I'll post mine here just for reference
SWIFT CodeSNTRUS3A or SNTRUS3AXXX
Bank CodeSNTR

Looks like office hours are over in Denmark so maybe this will get fixed before maintenance on Tuesday...

Tried a different browser - same spinning circle

Looks like NETS acknowledged an issue and ran some payment tests on their test server.. but the parameters weren't wide enough to solve all the issues and they marked the issue as solved. Assuming the people support referred to as able to deposit now were the ones it was solved for.

Going on day 8 now of not being able to deposit.. have come across a few other people in-game that are also having this issue and complaining in public channels (also U.S. using debit cards)...

Will continue to post here and update my support cases.

I was having the same issues throughout last weekend.

Spinning circle, "payment declined by acquirer", and login page not loading.
The last id suspect was my bank since i've deposited many times and more often than not, in significantly larger amounts. I called my bank and sure enough they were blocking the payment. The page not loading is from what i'd imagine being the result of trying to log in too many times in short amount of time. I was able to finally complete the purchase using a different cellphone not connected to my wifi (after contacting bank ofc). I still cant access the entropia account management page using my home internet however.

Not sure if it's coincidence but I didn't get see any changes after talking to support for 6-7 days and then when this thread popped up I started to see some changes... so I'm going to keep posting here and copy/pasting it to web support.

I'm able to access the parts of the entropiauniverse.com site that require authentication again and my error message was changed from "Payment declined by acquirer" to "Payment stopped" on the webshop.

I contacted my bank after this and they told me the transaction was detected by their system. When I was getting "declined by acquirer" they were seeing nothing on their end.

Quoting the representative I spoke to; the transaction gave the following information:

1. "Your card is fine. There are no issues on your end"
2. "The first error message given from the stopped payment is "processing center is down" and they aren't able to process your payment due to whatever issue they are having - try contacting them and try again tomorrow"
-- 2a. When I told them that other people were able to purchase from the website they said that this could be a regional/geographical issue or just a general technical issue on the acquirer or vendor's side.
3. "Whatever part of the system that handles billing information was able to go through and the incorrect billing address was given to the acquirer - Incorrect billing address was given in the details of the stopped payment"

---

The checkout page on the webshop has never asked me for anything related to billing info but I went to the "My Account" details section to make sure there weren't any issues.

My address, postal zip code, city, country, and telephone all match my billing address. The "Region" however where I would select my State is in the default position of "SELECT ONE" from the dropdown menu and whenever I change this to my State it resets back to SELECT ONE after saving.

The address I had on file was not the same as the billing address for the card I have been using so I don't think that is relevant unless NETS changed something - but I am providing this info incase they did change something and it is now relevant. I did update the address on file but the State field did not save as mentioned. Tried depositing after making these changes and payment still failed.

Day 8. Still can't deposit.

Another update from NETS on one of their services that was "experiencing instability due to an error" and required technician work for the Denmark region. Marked as SOLVED. Still no updates given about their payment processing center for foreign transactions or bank provided mastercard debit cards.
Submit a support case if you can't deposit... they obviously need more info!

Still not working for me using Edge. However, Chrome worked first time and without delay.

@Mandy or anyone else that was having issues and then switched browsers and it worked... Maybe you can help those of us that still can't deposit

Support keeps mentioning browsers to everyone so maybe there's something causing certain browsers to work for some people and not for others.

Could you look on in your google chrome settings, select "About Chrome" at the bottom left, and see what version of chrome you have?

Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit) ??

Then could you also look in your chrome extensions and see if you have anything enabled related to online shopping?

I've personally tried this on Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, an Apple Device, and Android Cell phone..

This same card has deposited idk how many thousands without issue and I was just able to use it earlier on another game that uses a different payment processor based out of Europe... I also use it personally every day for local purchases..

At this point I'm about to have to start giving a relative cash to use one of their cards and hope that one works :sleep:

Not sure exactly why credit card companies flag EU as suspicious but mostly sure.

Tried both Firefox and Chrome. Still the same issue.

Support case put in yesterday. No response yet.

Ok, Registered my new card using my Mac Book and Google which worked fine. The card is now registered to my EU account and I can depo in game as well. A lot of hassle for something that should be easy to do.

Depositing with crypto would work so much more easily. Resistance is fertile.

Ok, Registered my new card using my Mac Book and Google which worked fine. The card is now registered to my EU account and I can depo in game as well. A lot of hassle for something that should be easy to do.

Back