New Forum Opinion

theunicate

Dominant
Its not like i dont miss the old one , but i love the new one :yay::yay::yay::yay:
p.s. . Bertha <3 :ahh:

Last edited:
Forum is fine, but please bring back CFD!

It's clean...why did all my points go and my Signature

Yeah definitely fresh for sure. Very much needed for an aging community.

Where's the landing page? We get dumped directly into forums. The original landing page had the "latest" MA announcement.

Personal blogs are now not blogs any more... (only one more public thread :dunno: )

Reserving judgement... clearly alot more options here, cleaner, faster....

But! Im a little worried about a loss of identity here.. it just seems so generic now.. I really liked the unique look of PCF and am wondering if this is the new look or is there more coming?

Would be nice to see sigs and forum rep again (im sure thats in the works)
And who wouldnt want to see the return of calypso forum dollars? Is that possible now?

Really nice work either way!

Where is Devposts link ?

This is important, there has to be a quick and easy way to find the "Important" posts.

As for my opinions, what I like is the quicker responsetime, sleeker look, ease of access, navigation. Most of the things I don't like are probably things that i'm just used to "having always been that way" no devpost, no landing page (this is actually quite a big one too, in my book) , no avatar name under forum profile on each post etc. But i'm sure I'll get used to most of this.

Overall, The verdict for me is more positive than negative :)

Looks modern and fresh. Logged in OK. Not had a chance to check old links and stuff, but it would appear a lot of effort has gone into trying to making the transfer a success. Good job.

Looks good .. fast too .. but I miss the filter on "new posts" for Buying/Selling ... I'd like a way to NOT see those threads ..

Brightness hurts my eyes. But overall , it takes getting used to.

There are theme options available in the header and footer of every page, including the option for a dark theme as narfi pointed out.

index.php

Are my old screenshot uploads still available?

Used to be able to access them via my profile, now it shows I have no media uploaded.

Where's the landing page? We get dumped directly into forums. The original landing page had the "latest" MA announcement.
Agreed. We need a portal page or landing page with the latest news, etc...
:beerchug:

wish the new forum listed the avatar name like the old system did. otherwise, it's an awesome improvement!

Ohhh...Feels fresh and new!

I like it...I like the old one but this feels fresh and crisp.

wish the new forum listed the avatar name like the old system did. otherwise, it's an awesome improvement!

I have restored display of member profile fields in the message info area:
Avatar Name, Society, Join Date, Post Count, and Location

Clean, but too clean. I don't really like it:(

There are several forum theme options in the bottom left of the footer area:

index.php

Also, the current themes are temporary. They will be replaced with Entropia-inspired themes designed by MindArk later this year.

Try deleting your signature, and then pasting the image again.
I have been modifying lots of forum settings, so it may have caused issues when you last edited your sig.
I gave that a try. No luck. I sent a PM with a couple more details and questions.

Thank you again for all of your hard work.

First impressions, I don't like it. I want the compact list with one topic pr line, not 4 lines (inc spacing). Can it be personalized?

I miss the filter on "new posts" for Buying/Selling ... I'd like a way to NOT see those threads ..
+1

I want the compact list with one topic pr line, not 4 lines (inc spacing). Can it be personalized?
+1
IMHO the list of topic lines somehow is less catchy now.
I cant clearly determine the difference to the list as it was before, but something changed and that reduced the ludicity.

We are creatures of habit...

First Impression is ok

All the pictures i uploaded to the gallery past 2006 are no longer here or no nonger linked to me.

I liked the old rep system as it stood out compared to other forum and the current forum is super generic right now, not just from visuals wich will improved later on as ive read here, but also on systems like the old forum currency , the rep system , the portal ect.

That all matters very little, as its more important what people write here and what informations are exchanged between the community but those old systems would be nice to have at some point.

Still missing a nice landing page as others have said. I want to be greeted with colors and pictures, make the place feel alive. The landing page provided useful portals at a glance to any MA news, affiliate links, blog posts, buying and selling and recent posts were easier to see..

Again, really nice job, theres no question this a cleaner, faster more modern setup. Im only trying to give constructive feedback!

Back