New free speech Universe Chat in-game!

Sure, I'll give it a shot, but the phrasing alone made me roll my eyes. This surely is again gonna be full of american political stuff: the left is stupid, no the right is racist, what even is left or right, wait no genders, lemme ask you a question: "could god create a boulder he couldnt lift?", wait, no fascism is a lefty thing, no no no its just a word, you can't even say x anymore... bla bla. URGH! Whats the point?

If you want a useful universe wide channel, Id think limiting it to EU talk might be more helpful? Otherwise it surely would just become some subreddit thats easier to write in cuz its ingame. But I mean, dont get me wrong, that might actually totally be what people want or whats needed. So hope its fun for everyone there.

It just seems a true "universe channel" might be more productive if the focus is EU related? Maybe we could have both?! Tho, thinking about it a little more just now, that doesnt make much sense either, like what are you gonna do if people talk about some fun crap thats not EU related? ban them? nahh. So what ever, maybe it does work out and its not just a rookie 2.0. I really hope so! GL m8

:D This made me giggle........

But yeah Of course EU chat and General chat is welcomed because sometimes people need to escape and just want to chat about none EU stuff in game etc. For those that are lonely to etc. It is just here for everyone when ever they need it. For what ever purpose they need to use it for, either to ask for help with something in game or ask for a material or item they want to buy or like I said just random chit chat :) Obviously with any expletives you might want to use too :p

But thanks for the GL. I do not own this channel even though I created it. This channel is still inside EU system so at the end of the day the channel is everyones. But me and the mods I add to the channel will be here just to moderate the channel when they break that 1 rule I stated in the @OP or for times when chat gets a bit out of hand :)

Lol I wanna see a screenie of Juicy Fruit kicking DME's ass out of that new channel 🤣

this game is 18+ i dont like hatespeech and despite i am straight i dont liike insulting gender preferences
but i dislike censorship more than assholes.
so i prefer to add to my blocklist instead having some bot decide if a french player sayin PeTIT is censored to peT** from a brain damaged AI.
thanks but no thanks
(my blocklist is bigger than my buddy list, proud of it)
or... you can hit the ignore button and stop asking Mindark to consume resources they clearly don't have.

if you accept the games terms of service when you start the game. You agree and accept consequences i listed and said as not ok.

i could ignore, but that is not the solution that is valid when a breach of contract happens by someone else. Them simply wanting people to turn a blind eye is not the solution.

you you are free to press decline to the games terms, and not play the game of course.

the legal age to play entropia is not 18, you can participate at age 13 with approval of a guardian.

it would be nice to simply say ‘i refuse the terms of service today though’ and gain free pass to run any cheat scam hack or say anything at all times that would normally get you banned or in trouble 👌😂

the legal age to play entropia is not 18, you can participate at age 13 with approval of a guardian.
that is a SugarGuardian :)
F2P a RCE at 13 is the most Scrooge mc Duck Klondike gold farming activity i can imagine

I don't mean to put down the idea, but if you seriously want free speech, organize this on an external chat app with end-to-end encryption from a developer known for resisting any attacks on user privacy to the extent possible. Anything you say in-game is potentially subject to scrutiny. This way allows you to set your own standard of whatever this freedom means to you. A fundamental spirit of liberty is always good, but the "buts"... Good luck!

I don't mean to put down the idea, but if you seriously want free speech, organize this on an external chat app with end-to-end encryption from a developer known for resisting any attacks on user privacy to the extent possible. Anything you say in-game is potentially subject to scrutiny. This way allows you to set your own standard of whatever this freedom means to you. A fundamental spirit of liberty is always good, but the "buts"... Good luck!

Thanks but that defeats the main purpose of trying to grow a official "in-game" channel that is global for everyone including new players ready for when UE5 launches. If MA spot the channel maybe they will recognise it and make it official :) Maybe they will also then change the name to just Universe :)

Thanks but that defeats the main purpose of trying to grow a official "in-game" channel that is global for everyone including new players ready for when UE5 launches. If MA spot the channel maybe they will recognise it and make it official :) Maybe they will also then change the name to just Universe :)
Ok then I misunderstood the focus on free speech, your primary goal is getting a universe-wide channel and hopefully made official at some time. That's also cool though I'm not sure it can be prevented from going down the pipes like Rookie, except with a lot of work and it has to be kept up, likely beyond the initiator's motivation. I have repeatedly asked for the ability to unsubscribe from Rookie.

Ok then I misunderstood the focus on free speech, your primary goal is getting a universe-wide channel and hopefully made official at some time. That's also cool though I'm not sure it can be prevented from going down the pipes like Rookie, except with a lot of work and it has to be kept up, likely beyond the initiator's motivation. I have repeatedly asked for the ability to unsubscribe from Rookie.
There is a box you can untick and Rookie is put into the closet.

Yep a global chat is definitely needed and rookie shouldn’t be the only outlet. It’s a shame what rookie has become.
If this becomes popular hopefully it gets official recognition and becomes the default global chat.
I’ll definitely give it a join.
if it becomes the default it will end up as bad as rookie

if this is good it will be good specifically because it's for people who want something that isn't like rookie

right click on the tab in the interface, uncheck rookie

There is a box you can untick and Rookie is put into the closet.
And I've got this hint every time I said something about it ;) It is just muted and won't be displayed on the screen, you still get the rubbish in your chat file.

if it becomes the default it will end up as bad as rookie

if this is good it will be good specifically because it's for people who want something that isn't like rookie

Yeah that is also my aim too :)

Well I will give this the attention needed when I have the time to do so. But I think once it reaches 250 members more people will start spreading it anyway and it will then grow exponentially :)

I also just wanted to say, I appreciate all the positive feedback so far. I am happy that mostly it is positive.

So thanks everyone - lets get this channel to the top of the channels list of members in it :)

Reactions: San
I once saw the rookie chat years ago, I thought I was on a Riot's game, I immediatly deleted that, problem solved.
The more people you have in a chat, the more problems you may get - from time to time there are retards spamming in fap, trade, events channel such things as "Fvck Ma, u're all asshole u have no life ololo", the difference between new players and "ubers", the difference of wealth, especially in this game will just bring crybabies and toxicity. There are better things to do in Entropia than wasting your time moderating a channel. Let the rookie channel to the kids, for the rest there is already pleeeeeenty of channels.

I once saw the rookie chat years ago, I thought I was on a Riot's game, I immediatly deleted that, problem solved.
The more people you have in a chat, the more problems you may get - from time to time there are retards spamming in fap, trade, events channel such things as "Fvck Ma, u're all asshole u have no life ololo", the difference between new players and "ubers", the difference of wealth, especially in this game will just bring crybabies and toxicity. There are better things to do in Entropia than wasting your time moderating a channel. Let the rookie channel to the kids, for the rest there is already pleeeeeenty of channels.

Well in no way I am wanting this to be a Rookie 2.0 - It has a completely different purpose than what Rookie was meant to be for. The simple fact is that yes it is full of trolls and nasty rude people and mostly new players who do ask for help in it do not usually get that help. Which results in those new players quitting the game because some of the trolls was nasty and or rude towards them. This is where this channel will be different and that is what is not allowed in this channel - hence my 1 rule I created in the original post of this thread.

I am not going to go out of my way to promote it and or moderate it either because as the whole I do not think it will require much moderating if people read the 1 rule for the channel in the first place. I will be adding more mods as it grows too just in case.

I have good intentions and that is the sole purpose of creating a friendly universe wide chat channel in-game that welcomes and helps new players ready for when UE5 launches.

Just spent 10 more minutes in your new channel...its pretty much rookie 2.0 lol....same hate, except instead of you controlling it, you partake in it @DJ Rob.

Good luck with it, ill stick with /space travel.

Just spent 10 more minutes in your new channel...its pretty much rookie 2.0 lol....same hate, except instead of you controlling it, you partake in it @DJ Rob.

Good luck with it, ill stick with /space travel.

Cos you just came when I was talking with others. How is that hate? What hate did you witness?

Cos you just came when I was talking with others. How is that hate? What hate did you witness?
i am afraid his ten minutes atention span is over since a looooOOOOOoOOOooOOooOoong time xD

if you accept the games terms of service when you start the game. You agree and accept consequences i listed and said as not ok.

i could ignore, but that is not the solution that is valid when a breach of contract happens by someone else. Them simply wanting people to turn a blind eye is not the solution.

you you are free to press decline to the games terms, and not play the game of course.

it would be nice to simply say ‘i refuse the terms of service today though’ and gain free pass to run any cheat scam hack or say anything at all times that would normally get you banned or in trouble 👌😂

You can't control what other people do. If you can't handle what someone else is saying the best thing you can do for yourself is ignore them. People start crying because they can't help to hear what the other person has to say. Then they try turning it into some petty war, basically baiting someone into saying something in hopes they get banned. I never cared, I been called everything under the sun, I've had people here threaten my irl health.. It means nothing to me. I understand they are only human and may get all up in their feelings and maybe say something they don't really mean. I'm not gonna try and get them kicked off a game they enjoy playing over some words.

Updated @OP with new mod - (Inherent Marxus Legends)

Thanks

Back