FYI: New Group: Entropian's Trying to Lose Weight!

Not sure about this..

I'm going to stay in my soc... but do have an idea for this... If it works like weight watchers, you pay x amount in to it and then after you lose x amount of weight or stay in the program x amount of days, they give your money back... seems like it'd be a way to scam if not done properly though... but maybe if the pay in was in sweat it might be ok?... or something.? Would be nice if there was a way to play eu on the wii

I'm going to stay in my soc... but do have an idea for this... If it works like weight watchers, you pay x amount in to it and then after you lose x amount of weight or stay in the program x amount of days, they give your money back... seems like it'd be a way to scam if not done properly though... but maybe if the pay in was in sweat it might be ok?... or something.? Would be nice if there was a way to play eu on the wii

This actually isn't an ingame society, it's just a forum group you can join.

Nice thread!

I'm a guy and am 6' 2" tall and weigh 185 lbs. It took me about 6 months to reach this weight (I was 220 lbs). My wife inspired me to get my fat butt on our elliptical machine (thank you baby!!) :yay:

This summer was awesome! I spent a lot of time at the water park and Lake Tahoe with my kids and have never felt better about myself.

:scratch2: Doesn't sweating in game help with weight lose? :ahh:

Nice thread!

I'm a guy and am 6' 2" tall and weigh 185 lbs. It took me about 6 months to reach this weight (I was 220 lbs). My wife inspired me to get my fat butt on our elliptical machine (thank you baby!!) :yay:

This summer was awesome! I spent a lot of time at the water park and Lake Tahoe with my kids and have never felt better about myself.

Congratulations on your successful weight loss :beerchug:! Losing those unwanted pounds and becoming healthier really feels great.

Had a huge weight gain when I stopped smoking a few years back.

My normal weight is 8.5st - 9st. UK Size 8 - 10. Measurements 36b-24"-35".

My highest weight (just prior to this diet) was 11st 3lbs. UK Size 12 - 14. Measurements 40DD-35"-40"

My current weight 10st. UK Size 10 - 12. Measurements 38C-30"-38.5"

My goal weight is my usual weight. I'll be happy when I'm back in UK Size 8 - 10 again.

I'm currently losing weight by doing calorie counting and a weightloss method called "Herbalife". It's definitely working. I've got a nice steady HEALTHY weight loss of 2lbs a week.

My calories have been cut down to a maximum of 1,100 per day. Some days I only have around 800.

Typical daily menu:

Breakfast - Herbalife Vanilla protein shake made with skimmed milk (192 cals), Glass (250ml) of water (0 cals) and a mug of green tea (0 Cals).

Lunch - Herbalife Vanilla protein shake made with skimmed milk (192 cals), Caramel Snack A Jacks (101 cals), Tea made with water + skimmed milk (8 cals)

Dinner - Half of a spicy pepperoni pizza with a handful of beer battered chips (<500 cals)

I try not to eat after 6pm and stick to drinks only. I have around 2 litres of water a day.

I get all the exercise I need at work. Constantly walking up and down a metal tube at 40'ft on a demanding Ibiza/Malaga/Athens flight is tiring enough thanks :D

I'm not depressed about my weight. Shit happens.. and I made a great big fucking whoopsie when I quit smoking and started having chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate...lol.

I'm currently losing weight by doing calorie counting and a weightloss method called "Herbalife". It's definitely working. I've got a nice steady HEALTHY weight loss of 2lbs a week.

My calories have been cut down to a maximum of 1,100 per day. Some days I only have around 800.

Typical daily menu:

Breakfast - Herbalife Vanilla protein shake made with skimmed milk (192 cals), Glass (250ml) of water (0 cals) and a mug of green tea (0 Cals).

Lunch - Herbalife Vanilla protein shake made with skimmed milk (192 cals), Caramel Snack A Jacks (101 cals), Tea made with water + skimmed milk (8 cals)

Dinner - Half of a spicy pepperoni pizza with a handful of beer battered chips (<500 cals)

I try not to eat after 6pm and stick to drinks only. I have around 2 litres of water a day.

I get all the exercise I need at work. Constantly walking up and down a metal tube at 40'ft on a demanding Ibiza/Malaga/Athens flight is tiring enough thanks :D

I'm not depressed about my weight. Shit happens.. and I made a great big fucking whoopsie when I quit smoking and started having chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate...lol.

Looks like you have a routine that works for you, good work. I have some questions and comments though.

I see half of your daily calorie intake is through protein shakes. Is this mostly to do with your line of work and having little time for anything else? Protein shakes are great when there is little time, but real food is better.

Any reason you don't eat after 6 PM? Is it because you already consumed your allotted calories earlier in the day? It doesn't matter what time you eat, be it during the day or night. Calories are calories. The saying about gaining more weight if you eat late at night is just a myth. Most people generally eat unhealthy snacks at night while watching T.V. and relaxing, that's where the saying originated I believe. I actually know of people that eat a snack right before sleeping and their bodies are in pristine condition.

Looks like you have a routine that works for you, good work. I have some questions and comments though.

I see half of your daily calorie intake is through protein shakes. Is this mostly to do with your line of work and having little time for anything else? Protein shakes are great when there is little time, but real food is better.

Any reason you don't eat after 6 PM? Is it because you already consumed your allotted calories earlier in the day? It doesn't matter what time you eat, be it during the day or night. Calories are calories. The saying about gaining more weight if you eat late at night is just a myth. Most people generally eat unhealthy snacks at night while watching T.V. and relaxing, that's where the saying originated I believe. I actually know of people that eat a snack right before sleeping and their bodies are in pristine condition.

I started on Protein shakes when I found that my usual food just didnt keep me feeling full until it was time to eat again. That always resulted in me snacking on carbs to get that "boost" until lunch/dinner.

Dieticians (not nutritionsists. You need to be medically qualified to be a registered dietician) now say that a high protein diet is the way to go for people trying to lose weight. Protein keeps you feeling more full for longer than carbs.

The reason I take my protein through milkshakes is because of crazy shift work I don't really get time to cook or stress over what to make for breakfasts and lunch/dinners. It's all right there in a big tub for me hehe. Plus I know exactly how many calories are in it so there's no weighing or measuring it.

The reason I don't eat after 6pm (unless I'm doing night flights where my whole body clock is shifted :( ) is so that I'm actively burning my calories. When I'm on early shifts ie. getting out of bed at 2am/3am to get ready for work I normally go to bed around 9pm. I don't like to sleep shortly after eating. I always wake up ravenous and a bit sickly feeling.

Anyway, I've joined the social group. So hopefully we can all give each other pats on the lardy backs when we reach our short term n long term goals! :D

So c'mon lumpy entropians, join the group and set some goals for yourself.

Bump for the Europeans about to wake up and me going to bed :)

Where is everyone? :cool:

Where is everyone? :cool:

Right here

....Just for any unclear

1 stone = 13.999999999 Us pounds or 6.350Kg
1 Pound = 0.07 stone or 0.45kg
1 kg = 0.157 stone or 2.204 pounds

...I thinks thats right

GL all

p.s 5'.9" and 188lbs

Right here

....Just for any unclear

1 stone = 13.999999999 Us pounds or 6.350Kg
1 Pound = 0.07 stone or 0.45kg
1 kg = 0.157 stone or 2.204 pounds

...I thinks thats right

GL all

p.s 5'.9" and 188lbs

Very good idea to include that information, it will help people do conversions :). +Rep

My wife and I usually share a bowl of stove-top popped popcorn about an hour before bed time. That seems to keep our late-night cravings at bay.

I tried something similar to protein shakes a long time ago. It took me a while to realise they were making me very sick. For me, just eating large amounts of bread (butte incl) doesn't seem to do any damage, compared to churning through softdrink + junk (i don't eat much junk). I have some weird/rare allergy to a couple additives, universal standards 300 (sodium ascorbate), and 471 (soy lecythin). Sodium Ascorbate is lied about. It’s claimed by food production companies to be “additional vitamin C”. It is not, it’s a preservative. Even food items labeled “No preservatives” have this. Soy lecythin is also synthesised (it’s an additive, of course it is). I guess there is some literature on it somewhere, but I would bet it’s a preservative again that is designed to stop milk going sour (usually combined in some icecreams, cartoned ice-coffee/flavoured drinks). I also developed a badreaction to 250 and 251, think they are Sodium Sulfate and Sodium Sulfite
(some sulfate/sulfite names in there). This means I can’t eat most ‘cured’ meats and a lot of other foods (packaged meals etc). This can make things extremely difficult when trying to select a ‘snack’ that satisfies the tastebuds and doesn’t have an overload of bad sugar or bad fats. I’m not much for food preparation either (I simply don’t have the patience). A combination of these reasons is why I stick heavily to tea+caffeine in general. It’s all well and good to drink water... but four litres of water a day gets very dull very quick. If you want to go hardcore, you can drink without milk (unmilked tea makes me go insane though) and if you are going to drink coffee, make sure you drink at least one cup (200-250ml) of water per cup of coffee. Hmm...percolated ...haven’t had that in a while...

+rep to a bunch of you for facing your weight problems.

Had a huge weight gain when I stopped smoking a few years back.

My normal weight is 8.5st - 9st. UK Size 8 - 10. Measurements 36b-24"-35".

My highest weight (just prior to this diet) was 11st 3lbs. UK Size 12 - 14. Measurements 40DD-35"-40"

My current weight 10st. UK Size 10 - 12. Measurements 38C-30"-38.5"

My goal weight is my usual weight. I'll be happy when I'm back in UK Size 8 - 10 again.

Typical daily menu:

calories is the shit!

im doing a 1500 calories a day diet and should lose about 0,5-0,8kg / week (1,1-1,7pounds/week).

calculate your daily carb intake/day like this:

men
66,5+(13,75*your weight in KG)+5,003xyour hight in cm)-(6,775*your age)

Ladies
655.1 + (9.563 x kg) + (1.850 x cm) - (4.676 x age)

then * the outcome with your activity during the day using this scale 1.2 - 2.0

where 1.2 is a day infront of the computer and 2.0 is a pro atlet

Dieticians (not nutritionsists. You need to be medically qualified to be a registered dietician) now say that a high protein diet is the way to go for people trying to lose weight. Protein keeps you feeling more full for longer than carbs.

This is correct, but its only half the good part with protein. The other half is that the body very rarely converts protein into bodyfat, should there be excess protein. This is a very costly process for the body to go through.

However i think most guys should focus on gaining weight through excersice and not lose it through a diet. This is the best way to slim down. :) Go move that body!

This is correct, but its only half the good part with protein. The other half is that the body very rarely converts protein into bodyfat, should there be excess protein. This is a very costly process for the body to go through.

Not only that. Eating a lot of protein makes the body release glucagon, which helps it release fat faster to the bloodstream. Also it helps driving out water.

I'm from 110kg down to 84kg :yay:

I tells ya I was fat, all sitting on the upper body, always had slim legs and tiny buttocks, my head looked like a pumpkin at those 110kg :laugh:

Last edited:
a lot of the info is interesting - will be checking in again

I was 210 pounds or just at 100kg, this was back in January of this year. I put my self on a life changing diet and now today I weighed in at 172 pounds or 78.02 kg. I have worked very hard to lose this weight and change my eating habbits. wait my drinking habbits. I was drinking anywhere from 12 to 24 cans of coke each day. now I drink only water...

I lost all of this weight and never went to the gym. just changing what I ate and drank did it for me.

good luck to you all on your adventure of loosing weight

I was drinking anywhere from 12 to 24 cans of coke each day. now I drink only water...

My god man!!! not drinking that much coke will definitely make a change.

Did coke send you shares in the company?

goodluck.

Nice thread, I'll join.

I am a big 6' (2 M) 270 lbs (220 kg)....do I win as the heaviest in this thread?;) People say that husbands gain weight every time thier wife is pregnant, the thing is, I kept gaining weight with every kid and my wife was always back to her pre-preganancy weight afetr each kid. We had 4 children.

I was at 250 and decided to get down lest I risk becoming the classic "fat american". I got down to 240 pretty easily and was poised to keep losing, but then I got sick...real sick...such a bad flu that I was off work for a week and had to get an injection of antibiotics and steriods. Then..BOOM...I shot up to270 lbs in a matter of weeks and I can't seem to shake it off.

Something has to change. So I'll just come out here, be honest, and perhaps that will give me the nudge I need to really chip away at this...stuff...

So...starting NOW I'll try to lose more weight than PEDs ;)

Back