FYI: New Group: Entropian's Trying to Lose Weight!

Poisonhearts

Stalker
Society
Dark Brotherhood
Poisonhearts Tubgirl Tubboy
Description:

A group for all those Entropian's trying to lose some weight in real life. Share your stories about the subject and give some Entropian's encouragement in their journey.

I don't know if this group is exactly needed on EF but I thought what the hell. I'm currently going through my own weight loss journey and I'm curious if others here are as well. Hopefully we can get together in this group and share some stories about our own weight loss and possibly give some words of encouragement to those having a difficult time.

Entropian's Trying to Lose Weight!

I guess I can start off with my story :).

Back in April I decided it was time for me to lose some extra pounds and pursue a healthier lifestyle. I was 210 pounds at the time, which has also been my peak weight :eek:. Since then I have lost around 42 pounds, and I'm still going :yay:!

Would be nice if I don't end up being the only person in the group :D.

210 pounds aint that much if your not very short ;)

im 174pounds

just started to drag my f-ass to the gymm after summer break.

need to lose 5-6pounds to reach my ideal weight.

i just got a kid so i cant workout as i used to (4-5times/week)

so i will do the gymm thing 2/week and then powerwalking 3-5times/week.

im eating porig every morning fruit at 10 lunch at 12(often weight loss drink)
fruit at 2 and then workout or walk at 4.30

my day

cheers

210 pounds aint that much if your not very short ;)

im 174pounds

i just got a kid so i cant workout as i used to (4-5times/week)

so i will do the gymm thing 2/week and then powerwalking 3-5times/week.

im eating porig every morning fruit at 10 lunch at 12(often weight loss drink)
fruit at 2 and then workout or walk at 4.30

my day

cheers
I'm just a little taller then 5' 10". So I'm not short by any means :D.

Looks like you have your own routine worked out, good luck losing the 5-6 pounds. I want to maybe reach 150 pounds but I don't know, that may be a little to slim. While I aim for that I will stop if I like my weight before I hit 150.

oh, and at first i thought this is about making your avatars skinny... :laugh:

oh well, i'm exactly 6 ft tall and weigh 194 pounds - at least that's what google says. while some might think i might lose some pounds, i'm not going to care for now. :)

note for continental Europeans who are not used to feet and pounds - for conversion, just type e.g. '183 cm into ft' or '88 kg into lb' into google search.

Pfft. I like to eat people like you who QQ they are fat cause they need to lose 5lbs.

Im fat... but I do dance and go to gym...

5ft 9 and 15 1/2 stone here.

Used to do a lot of bodybuilding / kung-fu / cross training, but aint done any for a few years, so although I still have some muscle, there is a good 2 or 3 inches of fat over the top of it :(

Been trying all sorts for ages to lose weight, but the medication I am on now causes me to have an enlarged appetite (and I love food :D ), and when I gave up smoking about 3 years ago, I balooned cos I could taste food again...

Gonna start kung-fu again and see if I can drop some weight. Gonna also review my diet and cut out all the yoghurt, cheese, full fat milk etc, and replace with fat free variants.

5ft 9 and 15 1/2 stone here.

Used to do a lot of bodybuilding / kung-fu / cross training, but aint done any for a few years, so although I still have some muscle, there is a good 2 or 3 inches of fat over the top of it :(

Been trying all sorts for ages to lose weight, but the medication I am on now causes me to have an enlarged appetite (and I love food :D ), and when I gave up smoking about 3 years ago, I balooned cos I could taste food again...

Gonna start kung-fu again and see if I can drop some weight. Gonna also review my diet and cut out all the yoghurt, cheese, full fat milk etc, and replace with fat free variants.

Hehe, ever since I started playing Entropia about 2 years ago, I havnt been doing as much Taekwon-Do either and have put a stone on. But I love food too and living without it would be too hard.

I wish i knew what an inch or a pound was.. or a stone..

im 1.82 m in length and i normally way around 80-82 kg
but this vacation i went to ijmuiden beach.. and there was a scale.. and i made the mistake to stand on it.. 90kg of fresh spawn on a hook..

it has got to go..

what i do now, is take one meal less in a week, mostly on sundays. I don't do a lot on sundays, so the need to eat isn't really there..
i do this because it will take quite a while to loose weight.. which is what i want to avoid the ping-pong effect.
so far so good, 88.9 and counting.

Last edited:
What the hell is a stone, are measuring weight in arbitrary units now?

I weigh one stone, but man, its a bigass stone.

whoops, double post.

But I love food too and living without it would be too hard.

For me I don't just cut out certain foods from my diet, I will also count the calories I intake. Cutting out certain foods doesn't help any if you end up eating the lost calories somewhere else. I still eat things I enjoy, but I eat healthier versions of them. I've also cut out all junk food completely and soda since April.

what i do now, is take one meal less in a week, mostly on sundays. I don't do a lot on sundays, so the need to eat isn't really there..
i do this because it will take quite a while to loose weight.. which is what i want to avoid the ping-pong effect.
so far so good, 88.9 and counting.

I never encountered any problems with the ping-pong effect and I'm losing weight at considerably healthy speed. What I do is not eat the same calories day in, day out. One day I will eat 100 calories less then the calorie intake I set up for myself for weight loss. The next day I can eat 100 calories more then that daily calorie intake. I change it up all the time, but overall I eat the same amount of calories each week.

I will gladly take some of your weight! I've been trying to hit 70kg for a while now and im stuck on 67 for the past 4 months now :l

I will gladly take some of your weight! I've been trying to hit 70kg for a while now and im stuck on 67 for the past 4 months now :l

Not that hard to gain weight ;).

Has anyone tried any sort of diet pills with any success? I know I should simply consume less callories than I use, but this is easier said than done.

I ain't looking for an easy way to lose weight, just maybe something to speed up my metabolism ;) so that as well as cutting down on my calorific intake, I would burn more calories too.

Anyone?

Has anyone tried any sort of diet pills with any success? I know I should simply consume less callories than I use, but this is easier said than done.

I ain't looking for an easy way to lose weight, just maybe something to speed up my metabolism ;) so that as well as cutting down on my calorific intake, I would burn more calories too.

Anyone?

Never tried any, nor will I ever. I think some might help a person lose water weight quickly so you'd see some results, but you don't want that :laugh:. To lose weight yes you have to create a calorie deficit, be it through exercise, eating less, or a combination of both. Don't think there is a way to make it any easier.

Another bump. :yay:

Bumpy bump. Come on people I know there are some big gamers trying to lose weight ;).

Sitting in front of a computer all day is probnably not the best way to lose weight but GL

And who said they were trying to lose weight by sitting in front of a computer all day smart ass?

exercise only builds muscle for me, so getting fit equates to getting heavier :p

Last seven years... weight variance of 70lbs or so.

and yes i lose weight sitting in front of a computer ...by evaporation!!!! :D

my solution is just to stop eating crap.

pretty easy if all i have at home is tea+milk (and someitmes not even milk) but i'm now bored of the "chineee foood for lunch and eat nothing else ever" routine.

mmm fruit.

Pfft. I like to eat people like you who QQ they are fat cause they need to lose 5lbs.

if you stop eating them you might lose enough to join them:D

the last 5lbs are the hardest.

3 more pounds lost so 45 pounds lost total :D. Soon I will be at my goal weight. How's everyone else progressing?

Back