New items on Arkadia to be user bound

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
16007_850661481618196_271005648444446830_n.jpg

I just learned that these new items we can get from the repeatable stage 6 missions on Arkadia are user bound items which of course can not be traded. Last I looked we had a RCE game going here? Why are more and more items coming out like this?

And the big question has to be asked, since we really know little about it, will mobs that we tame be tradable? Yes, it may sound like a joke here but really? What is MA/Arkadia doing to this game?

16007_850661481618196_271005648444446830_n.jpg

I just learned that these new items we can get from the repeatable stage 6 missions on Arkadia are user bound items which of course can not be traded. Last I looked we had a RCE game going here? Why are more and more items coming out like this?

And the big question has to be asked, since we really know little about it, will mobs that we tame be tradable? Yes, it may sound like a joke here but really? What is MA/Arkadia doing to this game?

People want more powerful items to be more affordable, yet they want to make no compromise.

MA/PPs want to make powerful weapon available to players at a more affordable rate without completely destroying the value of existing items and undermining player confidence in the economy.

Honestly, I thought this was a pretty good compromise.

I am fully agree with OP. I cant see why MA would want to cripple items with tags like "non-tradeable". Irc RT was 1st with such items who couldn't be sold or abandoned (radio for one of missions ? )

Imho all items shall be free tradeable, alowed to drop no matter value they have, and be able to TT. If MA afraids of fake accounts leeching free newbie items there are hundred other ways to handle that ( making TT value minimal, acccount check, removing free items, making newbie items certain area only...etc )

Every thing wchich is hurting free market in RCE game ,hurts this game itself.

I like "personal" Items.

These are figurines not guns.

My personal opinion is that all guest reward items should be user bound (tt-able). Why would you like to buy someone else's diploma if you weren't in game when that even happen or trophy head / figurine if you going to do that mission for skill reward anyway.

If they want to make a couple of figurines bound items i don't really have a problem with that although i wouldn't have gone that route myself if i was in charge. The problem is when they make items avatar bound that clear as day fucks over the economy as they have in the past.
Or when they design a group of craftable L items and then add common UL items in roughly the same price and protection class more or less removing the need for the L item in the first place, great way to spend development resources if you ask me.

MA/PPs want to make powerful weapon available to players at a more affordable rate without completely destroying the value of existing items and undermining player confidence in the economy..

Honestly, I thought this was a pretty good compromise.

For them to introduce a competetive item that is bound and UL without severly impacting the economy in a negative way even if the more rare but almost same priced next step up item is a tad bit better is impossible under the supply/demand model in a environment where exact data is needed to make such a decision. The issue is stagnation in the economy and there is nothing more stagnating then a item that literally cant be exchanged between players.
Probably the worst option then could have gone with if you ask me.

Best regards
Zweshi

Last edited:
I am fully agree with OP. I cant see why MA would want to cripple items with tags like "non-tradeable". Irc RT was 1st with such items who couldn't be sold or abandoned (radio for one of missions ? )

All RT items are possible to trade.

I agree that to many of these account bound items is a bad thing for us. And the argument about not impacting the market wont hold.
I like the idea about exclusive items that one can gain from certain missions. I also hate it since some items I'm not able to acquire :D

The Viceroy Skullcandy edition and Vivo S10 are good and bad examples of what I'm thinking about :) I like them and at the same time I don't like them. I could argue why but that wont change anything.

Also another thing to mention is, what if all the Mentor Edition items where account bound?! Would you like that?

Also another thing to mention is, what if all the Mentor Edition items where account bound?! Would you like that?

I Actually Would like that as its a present to ME for graduating a disciple and so if people really wanted these items maybe they should take on disciples to graduate to then get the item or potential item ;)

I also don't have an issue with Avatar Bound Items - I think if you looted something nice from an event mob by attending that event then that item should automatically become avatar bound.

My personal opinion is that all guest reward items should be user bound (tt-able). Why would you like to buy someone else's diploma if you weren't in game when that even happen or trophy head / figurine if you going to do that mission for skill reward anyway.

How about museums? We already have the problem with the quest items, like say the feffox eggs that these cannot be transfered, even after the event when no longer counting as points.

If reward item is bound then loot on that mission shud be better.

I Actually Would like that as its a present to ME for graduating a disciple and so if people really wanted these items maybe they should take on disciples to graduate to then get the item or potential item ;)

I also don't have an issue with Avatar Bound Items - I think if you looted something nice from an event mob by attending that event then that item should automatically become avatar bound.

Why not make avatar bound stuff that shows of the epicness of a achivement or taking part in story line of a planet cosmetic. A new graphics or sound set one can apply to a specific weapon or armor that otherwise cant be customised. It wouldn't affect the economy but the coolness factor would be the same :yup:.

Cheers
Zweshi

Well I made my CLD avatar bound :laugh:
I dunno why I like avatar bound items, but now I must fly to Arkadia to get those statues :yay:

In that case it's only figurines.
But i admit it seems a trend is here. Viceroy, S10, gear from starter pack, etc.
Reducing cost to play is reducing cost to play = fair loot, not creating parallal branch which screw the whole RCE. If there is no MU, this game won't be anymore a roulette with many participants but rather a single player slotmachine experience.

How about museums? We already have the problem with the quest items, like say the feffox eggs that these cannot be transfered, even after the event when no longer counting as points.

Have you considered a support case. But as these were event score items and are different thing than mission/quest reward you should be able to get rid of them for 0 ped.

That is too much for me. Looted items should be tradable.

I don't see how the figurines being bound hurts the economy cause they are just figurines. But I don't see why they should be bound anyway? I mean how many people own apartments/shops to put them in? I would think grinding the mission to get the figurine and the SELL it someone who actually WANTS it would be a much better incentive? I think it's fucking stupid and un-RCE.

Camon litle babys. Like all of you crymamas was going to grind the mission to get 1 ped figurine to sell it and get rich.
Arkadia team is thinking of different ways to reward people that actualy play the game by giving them items (and in the future other things) that you can't just buy.
But you are all hardcore RCE gamers that sweat all day to sell that sweat with MU are now upset that the game you play is changing.
Well if you don't like it suck it. I'm gona put all untradable stuff in my appartment and have fun looking at them.
This figurines are reward on top of your regular loot anyway. If you don't like it go hunt mob that don't give figurine.

Reactions: Sal
But I don't see why they should be bound anyway?

Items that are a badge of honor for doing a mission should never be tradable. Displaying one becomes meaningless if they are tradable.

Let's soul bound the weapon reward from Cyrene!

Then noone would do the missions, cause the avatars who are skilled and equipped to finish care less about 40-50 dps and sub 2.9 dpp :)

They are figurines, can always ebay em or private sale.

Unless ofc they going to superglue them to each persons forehead. :laugh:

Edit:- Oh they are virtual :D, nvm just thought were real (real ones would be nice also).

But as long as have LOW tt like 10 pec or even a ped i don't really mind awards being bound tbh.

Last edited:

They're virtual, so they're indeed glued to forehead of your avatar :)

Camon litle babys. Like all of you crymamas was going to grind the mission to get 1 ped figurine to sell it and get rich.
Arkadia team is thinking of different ways to reward people that actualy play the game by giving them items (and in the future other things) that you can't just buy.
But you are all hardcore RCE gamers that sweat all day to sell that sweat with MU are now upset that the game you play is changing.
Well if you don't like it suck it. I'm gona put all untradable stuff in my appartment and have fun looking at them.
This figurines are reward on top of your regular loot anyway. If you don't like it go hunt mob that don't give figurine.

You are missing the entire point of the debate, no one gives a shit about a few figurines i actually got the one from the Halix mission(first thing i did was try to sell it on auction and found out i couldn't) and i don't really mind it not being tradable. The debate is not about a few figurines being bound its about the fact that they don't seem to have any problem slapping the bound label on anything.

Arkadia could have gone down 10+ different routes to commemorate player participation, there are plenty of ability to add-on already existing systems that could support it and some that could even work under the current systems that would have close to if not zero economical impact. They decided to pick the one route that fucks up the economy the most and i will joyfully complain about that ad infinitum.

It all comes down to this:
Are the PP's stewards of a economic system or are they the monopoly vendor in that system...

Best regards
Zweshi

Last edited:

Maybe we can ask Mindark to make all your items player bound! See who's crybaby then!

That would actually be a cool idea though. To get a figurine of the mission mob mailed to you for completing a mission chain, they could even send some superglue with it so the ones who want to can glue it to there forhead :yup:... would probably be a very long mission chain to justify shipping costs for some locations though ;).

Best regards
Zweshi

The debate is not about a few figurines being bound its about the fact that they don't seem to have any problem slapping the bound label on anything.

Ark developers have said before that reward items that are a badge of honor should be avatar bound, and I can see how these figurines fit that description, so IMO your use of "anything" isn't really fitting.

I obviously don't like it, but ... I dislike making things like armor be avatar bound less. But I don't think discussion on this forum will change much.

You are missing the entire point of the debate, no one gives a shit about a few figurines i actually got the one from the Halix mission(first thing i did was try to sell it on auction and found out i couldn't) and i don't really mind it not being tradable. The debate is not about a few figurines being bound its about the fact that they don't seem to have any problem slapping the bound label on anything.

Arkadia could have gone down 10+ different routes to commemorate player participation, there are plenty of ability to add-on already existing systems that could support it and some that could even work under the current systems that would have close to if not zero economical impact. They decided to pick the one route that fucks up the economy the most and i will joyfully complain about that ad infinitum.

It all comes down to this:
Are the PP's stewards of a economic system or are they the monopoly vendor in that system...

Best regards
Zweshi

If the debate is not about the figurines about what item it is :scratch2:

If the debate is not about the figurines about what item it is :scratch2:

You have some of them on your avatar in the profile picture ;). The debate is about how the economy should be conducted in relation to bound items, it is clear that it is not only "badge of honor" items that are using the bound to avatar thingy if we look beyond these figurines.

Best regards
Zweshi

Back