New Jumpsuits for Players Both Old and New

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
jumpsuits.jpg

[h=2]Jumpsuits for Current and Future Players[/h]We are happy to announce that as part of the version update existing ‘starter clothes’ will be replaced by highly crafted Colonist Standard Issue Jumpsuits.

Future players can now feel stylish and confident as they are welcomed into the Entropia Universe community. Current players won’t be left out and will receive the new Jumpsuit as an automatic replacement in their inventories.

The following existing ‘starter clothes’ will be automatically replaced:

• Colonist Standard Issue Slacks
  • Colonist Standard Issue Jumpers
  • Urban Nomad Walking Shoes
The replacement is only the first step in what promises to be an exciting revamp of Entropia Universe visuals.

Originally Posted Here

Have I missed a version update??

Now isn't that the kind of massive upgrade in friendliness and features we've all been waiting for? :yay:

edit: oh, and with the promise of more visual changes to come.... what more could we wish for in such a concise announcement?

In missing a version update - this brings poor communications to a different level :eyecrazy:

Other better words then...looks good !:) happy?

[h=2]
The replacement is only the first step in what promises to be an exciting revamp of Entropia Universe visuals.

oh revamp of EU visuals? does it mean it's time for another avatar update again :laugh:

I really dislike the word replaced here

My orange juice suit is over 10 years old now and its hard to let it go for sentimental reasons. Since the starter cloths arn't worth anything and can't be traded, why dont you be generous for once and hand out the new cloths for all active players and let us keep the old ones as "legacy noob suits" ? You of all people should know that your typical EU customers are starving to obtain things that can't obtained anymore after the oportunity is gone.

1. Where did I put that orange jumpsuit?
2. Where are my shoes?

Isn't the whole point of the tacky standard issue OJs to promote players to go out and make or buy new clothes which creates trade and a market for crafted clothing and opertunities to create a profession and to sell hunting loot to crafters.

Oh wait. That was PE. I forgot this is slot machine universe now
My bad

What about people that had sold LONG ago their starter clothes (or left in appartment when sold it) ?
Can they have a new set now ? (just asking cos i know people on that situation)

I really dislike the word replaced here

My orange juice suit is over 10 years old now and its hard to let it go for sentimental reasons. Since the starter cloths arn't worth anything and can't be traded, why dont you be generous for once and hand out the new cloths for all active players and let us keep the old ones as "legacy noob suits" ? You of all people should know that your typical EU customers are starving to obtain things that can't obtained anymore after the oportunity is gone.

Yup - probably now up to hundreds of useless items (or no-point multiple identical stats copies) which could be merged, and they announce the replacement of something with sentimental value.
Ok, so I don't know where my jumpsuit is (I imagine on Caly) - and I don't remember shoes (I have boots which I don't wear if they get knocked off by armour feet iirc), but still....... I support the request for new issue and not replacement in this case.

If I find my OJs, I'll put them on and may decide to stay in whatever they become for ever.....

Only visuals or audio too? all Solomate series laser rifles still makes BLPish sound

i lost mine OJs more than 10yeas ago wonder what will get repleaced:scratch2:

why dont you be generous for once and hand out the new cloths for all active players and let us keep the old ones as "legacy noob suits" ?

Yeah, that would also solve the situation for those who lost their old suits.

Mine suit is on display in the apartment, along with my first opalo, and I'd prefer for it to stay there intact.

Big sigh of relief and thank you! I would get sentimental about every other old thing, but not this hideous prisoner look and overt ploy to lose a pretty penny on outfit, not to mention some really sickening associations with this design. I might finally get myself some clothes now that it's voluntary.

they better stay at their tt value. you changed my jumpsuit to 1 pec already but mine is 1 ped out of 1 pec. i hope to keep my above max ped value on the clothes

The picture posted with this (see link in the OP) is... slightly disturbing. Or maybe I'm not 12 anymore.

But.......... I want to KEEP my orange noob clothes :(:(:(:(

And what about "Colonist Standard Issue Cap (M)", Shouldn't that fit the set as well?

I don't get the idea of it - most of the parts look more like an armor set than a set of clothes.

Not having tried the new clothes (of course), it would be nice if older players could keep their old sets (also). For instance, there is/was a cap that you got from a mission at sweat camp that was designed as part of the original OJ set.

I'm also a bit curious if the "swimsuit" designed as Next Island new arrival clothing will remain.

As for lost clothes: I recall several years ago, a player claimed that he had no clothes because he at some point of time had been absent long enough to have all clothes auto-TTd, and that he didn't get any new ones when he became active again. (It was back in the days OJ had a TT value of 1 PED/each).

Last edited:
The picture posted with this (see link in the OP) is... slightly disturbing. Or maybe I'm not 12 anymore.
I hope it's a concept art, not an actual 3D model? This pistol can't be real item it looks too stupid.

newojs.jpg

About the old OJ's, we used to wear em down to the minimal condition. If u had those worn out OJ's u were an old(er) player among the other noobs who still had it bright orange.
I remember we carefully avoided repairin em, and the frustration when u accidentally did it... :)

But I suppose the new generation prolly doesn't look at it this way any more? Now they prolly just want to look cool right from the start and that's it. If so, MA will have to go with it, the customer is the king... :/

Last edited:
But I like my old orange jumpsuit. :(

It's not a huge deal breaker or anything, but I'd rather have the option to keep it rather than have it forcibly replaced. Why not have a mission broker type thing where those who want the new jumpsuits can simply turn in their old ones for the new?

Nooo! You can't take away OJ's!

Ya, I prefer to keep the Orange OJ's as a symbol of where I started and how far I have come. Besides, they are comfy :)

Last edited:
When i look back to the past i believe it was a mistake from mindark to remove the TT cloths. So many people dont bother about their looks because clothing is a luxury item. Back in time you always could tt your cloths and get the peds back wich lowerd the barrier to spend money on clothing. I doubt the removal of TT cloths had a positive effect on the tailoring profession.

Back