Old Alpha
Sometimes Leeds, Sometimes Hong Kong, Sometimes Lo
Society
Manticore
Sherly Shana-tan Nome
4630607262_44487a7b3d.jpg

spacer spacer spacer spacer spacer VS

4630005361_16debcb188.jpg

when MF comes back (yea... when... which in MA's eye, time is relative) what will happen to the VSE Mk.I ??:confused:

Will we finally be able to do our crazy voodoo green hand concentration again?:yay:

or are we stuck with using the VSE Mk.I? :(

or BOTH?!! :laugh:

I think it would be pretty sweet if both can be done, which the VSE Mk.I still do 1-4 sweat extraction per successful attempt and the original sweat gathering with 2-22 per successful attempt but somehow the dynamics of sweat gathering will have both of them average out in a long run.

:sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat:

Last edited:
I hope with the new mind force stuff that they will give globals for sweating, and every once in a while give you more sweat on an attempt.

I much prefer the old style.

Take away auto click, but allow the beam to follow the mob, and not have newbies run in front, or the mob constantly running out of the beam.

Dont care even if they bring back old style and still have 4 sweat max.

As it is now, just to damn annoying with lost focus, due to mob constantly deciding where it wants to go next, or people running in front.

Also Mindforce skills seems to lose impact, if your using a silly hand held device to do it, no mind powers involved in that.

I hope with the new mind force stuff that they will give globals for sweating, and every once in a while give you more sweat on an attempt.

This seems to come up often. Sounds great but remember that (as with normal loot) the trade-off is obviously going to be that you get less sweat when you don't get globals or minis. It all has to even out in the long run. Then we get a forum full of knuckleheads complaining that they're not getting any sweat (or loot).....

"I was sweating for hours not getting nuffin' but the 'noob' next to me got a sweat HOF straight away. MA is soooo unfair. What's wrong with my avatar?"

Just a thought.

Oh, and I only tried the new sweating technique with the hand-held thing once and I thought it was very unsatisfying compared to the old mindforce method. The groaning dance and beams going everywhere was much more fun so I vote for its return.

Last edited:

1000 bottles of sweat = 1 pec
100 pec = 1 ped
50 ped = global
5 million bottles of sweat? :eyecrazy:

Ah well :laugh:

I prefer the old style chant n beam. I miss my green fire flickering palms :sweat:

I'm assuming the VSE helps in some way to stop exploitation like the old stuck borderline mobs. If that's the case, they won't be going anywhere.
IMO

I much prefer the old style.

Take away auto click, but allow the beam to follow the mob, and not have newbies run in front, or the mob constantly running out of the beam.

Dont care even if they bring back old style and still have 4 sweat max.

As it is now, just to damn annoying with lost focus, due to mob constantly deciding where it wants to go next, or people running in front.

Also Mindforce skills seems to lose impact, if your using a silly hand held device to do it, no mind powers involved in that.

Yes...Bring up the old style i just hate " the damn annoying with lost focus " its only a new nerf. MA has made. :mad:

Old Style for me too. I miss that humming sound.Now all we have is this annoying buzz and click sound. They took away an essential part of our ava's personality by introducing the VSE :(

Everything is just too Impersonal these days in EU. I dont feel at home anymore in EU. Instead now it feels to artificial (Dont get smart, you know what i mean ;)). Its not personal anymore, and that is a mistake from a developers point of view.

Sai

I personally would like to see both in action, simply due to the fact that it really isnt much of a "mindforce" by extracting sweat with a machine.

Use the force!

I don't see how using a hand held tool is "mindforce" in any way. I preferred the old version.

I'm assuming the VSE helps in some way to stop exploitation like the old stuck borderline mobs. If that's the case, they won't be going anywhere.
IMO

I'm guessing it's a quick fix because they had problems getting the old way to work with the new engine.

I don't see how using a hand held tool is "mindforce" in any way. I preferred the old version.

totally agree =)

new style

I thought I was going to kill someone if I heard that drum beat stuff again. Oh and the "sweat bug" where someone would be stuck making that sucking noise. OMG! I love the new gun. There are flaws as others described, but sweat is still flowing. The drum beat stuff doesn't match the theme of the game, it's about technology and space and what not. all of a sudden i'm a tribal member? made no sense to me.

I voted for the old one to return.

Thought of something while reading the other posts though.

There is a way they could combine the old with the new.

The current VSE is version mk1. Keep that as it is. The VSE mk2 could be like the other Mindforce chips where you don't see them.

This way the people who have skilled up in sweat gather skill can buy the updated version that would be looted items.

VSE mk2 5-8 sweat drops
VSE mk3 9-12 sweat drops
VSE mk4 13-16 sweat drops
VSE mk5 17-20 sweat drops

Each one of the sweat chips would be skill based so only that skill level can use the next level.

They would also have decay that would increase based on the level to match the increased sweat gathered making it so players were not getting too much ped free and keep sweat selling competitive for new players.

This would mean new players would be sweating with a tool to "learn" mindforce abilities while more advanced sweat gatherers around them could be using just the chip and the old sweat dance that would lock on the mobs the way it used to.

This would reward people that have stayed longer and if you prefer to not do the dance you can always just keep using the VSE mk1.

New players would strive to get to the sweat gather level that could use a Mindforce SG chip. They can save up ped from selling sweat along the way to buy the VSE mk2 SG chip.:)

:sweat::acid:

Nah... sorry Tal, I think thats a terrible idea....

This way the people who have skilled up in sweat gather skill can buy the updated version that would be looted items.

VSE mk2 5-8 sweat drops
VSE mk3 9-12 sweat drops
VSE mk4 13-16 sweat drops
VSE mk5 17-20 sweat drops

Each one of the sweat chips would be skill based so only that skill level can use the next level.

This will mean that more experience player will get more compare to complete newbies, kind of not fair, sweating is already a free activity, making it skill based its not fair on newbies.

They would also have decay that would increase based on the level to match the increased sweat gathered making it so players were not getting too much ped free and keep sweat selling competitive for new players.

Sweating is meant to be a free thing to do in EU, by introducing decay on sweating... its no longer really free.....

New players would strive to get to the sweat gather level that could use a Mindforce SG chip. They can save up ped from selling sweat along the way to buy the VSE mk2 SG chip.:)

most player hate sweating and just depo and start shooting their opalo, even with "stronger" sweat gathering, having extra 2extra PEC from sweating is still boring.

Sweating should be kept as boring as it can to keep everyone away from it, so more player depo, and more PED burn to keep the game moving rather than having everyone sweating.

New style is good - now need just add little from old style -> allow the beam to follow the mob....

1 Nah... sorry Tal, I think thats a terrible idea....

2 This will mean that more experience player will get more compare to complete newbies, kind of not fair, sweating is already a free activity, making it skill based its not fair on newbies.

3 Sweating is meant to be a free thing to do in EU, by introducing decay on sweating... its no longer really free.....

4 most player hate sweating and just depo and start shooting their opalo, even with "stronger" sweat gathering, having extra 2extra PEC from sweating is still boring.

5 Sweating should be kept as boring as it can to keep everyone away from it, so more player depo, and more PED burn to keep the game moving rather than having everyone sweating.

1 You posted before that you wanted the old system back too so why is this so terrible?? Think your letting personal feelings regarding recent event between us in-world cloud your judgement or you want to just put any idea I have down. :rolleyes:

2 More experienced players should get more sweat. This will get players more competitive and interested in Entropia. That will make them want to stay. We need that to get player base bigger.:cool:

3 Sweating would still be free for new players and anyone who wants to use the VSE mk1.

The decay on the models 2-5 would be there to keep the more skilled people in Entropia buying sweat from new players rather then sweating. This keeps new players competitive with high skilled players who get some decay for sweating with better sweat chips.

High skilled players can still sweat with the VSE mk1 and get sweat free but would take longer. This keeps sweating free if you want to sweat free but makes ubers pay a little if they want sweat fast but don't want to pay anyone for it.

4 Many players love to sweat or swunt....having a faster way to collect sweat at the cost of a little decay isn't something a more skilled player would likely mind. Especially since they can always use the VSE mk1 to get it free if they need too.

Having something to strive for as a non-depositor would be better then absolutely the same thing at all skill levels of Sweat Gathering.

Players who get bored fast and depo are going to do that regardless of this idea. Then they will play for a while and find out how expensive this is and go back to sweating since they put money into this. ;)

5 Sweating should be made more interesting to keep player base. Without new people the game will die and since sweating is how most start out if it was kept as boring as possible the game will continue to slowly erode to only mid level players who refuse to give up.

New system with the VSE including all the interrupts and concentration losses as it is now. When MF is totally back this method will keep the price more stable than the old method.

Blah blah. Highly dependant on what they do with MF but the base is sound

I sweating at swamp camp.....there are monster smoller then on the screenshots)))))

A sweater's experience won't get better until MA figures out where mindforce is going.

No amount of changes in animation is going to improve sweating if people are gathering a product that no one wants to use.

The Mk1 suggests that their may be better ones in the future, probably (L) from crafting which will gather larger amounts, but if there is an intention of improved VSE's they shouldnt be implemented until full mindforce (and therefore demand) is back.

I think they had to improve the SG experience for both new and old players partially due to various exploits and macros and also to give it a more Sci-Fi feel.

Either way it's pretty certain the new system is here to stay.

:sweat:

Back