FYI: New MindArk Official Community Liason

let's see what's happen now, im sceptic. But welcome and good luck! :)

Congratz and welcome! :D

I hope this one will actually be active longer than a few weeks.

Hi all, and thanks for the welcoming words!

My duties in this role will include forwarding community feedback and concerns to the development team, keeping the community informed and generally acting as a channel of communication.

I hope we will all get along well and have many constructive conversations in the future.

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

YES! This puts some faith back on the MA pile for me! Giving us Kim and taking away so fast before even doing a lot was very frustrating IMO - I hope this gets us back on track.

Welcome and GL!

Are you being paid for this? And when are the citizen plots out so I can play again?

Yes, I am hired for this position. As for the plots, they are on their way.

So, whats the difference between you and the Advisors they have ingame?

The Advisors are ingame to assist newer players and give advice. My job is mainly to share information and act as a communication channel between the development team and player base.

Will you be ingame as well?

I will have an official avatar for some ingame sessions in the future.

Do you have direct communication with decision makers within MA?

Yes, I do.

My duties in this role will include forwarding community feedback and concerns to the development team, keeping the community informed and generally acting as a channel of communication.

I hope we will all get along well and have many constructive conversations in the future.

Welcome to the forums Ludvig. :wtg:

Here is a tip: Grab a comfortable chair, drinks and snacks.
Bring that over to the dev department and sit down.
Then repeat these words for the next 7 hours, "Fix the bugs."
That should cover most of the past 5 years community feedback.

:tongue2:

Yes, I am hired for this position. As for the plots, they are on their way.

The Advisors are ingame to assist newer players and give advice. My job is mainly to share information and act as a communication channel between the development team and player base.

I will have an official avatar for some ingame sessions in the future.

Yes, I do.

Welcome to the forum and help us make Entropia a better game!
The last time we have someone like you last couple weeks, can you promise you will be with active communication for the coming year? Or is just an idea to wash our eyes again!

No one wants more a great future for this game then the players, not even MA wish more then us together!
The potential of this game is massive but without listening the players it will end up dying slowly!

Hope you will be our bridge for a shining future!
Best

Funny, in order to read the posts of our new community liason I first need to remove him from my (pretty short) ignore list.

Not sure I won't, yet. Let's first see what he has to say :dunce:

Welcome :wtg:

The Player Register turns up multiple pages of avatars named Nighthawk. Which one are you?
:scratch2:

The Player Register turns up multiple pages of avatars named Nighthawk. Which one are you?
:scratch2:

He used to be Foeburner Nighthawk Delta

(maybe he still is, I'm a little unclear as avatar name is still showing as Nighthawk on the left of his panel.)

My job is mainly to share information and act as a communication channel between the development team and player base.

OK then...

OKaayyy...

Lets try this one out then.

Question 1:

Many VU's ago, I reported a bug via the in game bug reporting system. The fact that the friend list always jumps to the bottom of the list when you log in so you have to move it back to the top before you can see which of your friends are logged in. Is it s small bug? Yes, does it massively impact the game? No. Is it annoying as hell? Yes. Would it take less than 10 mins to fix? Probably. Is there any chance this one could be fixed eventually?

I report a lot of bugs and I try to do a good job of it too (accurate relevant and compact information and steps to recreate). I sometimes wonder if they go into a black hole though and wonder why I even bother.

Question 2:

Would you as the community liason on be able to shed some light on the bug tracking system you use (even if it is just an arbitrary process)? Specifically I'm interested to know that happens when support say "We'll pass that to the dev team". How does this happen? When are they looked out? How are they prioritised? So on and so forth. I can't imagine how releasing this information would somehow compromise the in game economy or cause any other issues. If you cannot divulge this information, a reason would be appreciated.

Question 3:

When can we sit down again?

Right... time to sit back and wait for the next so called community liason now ;)

:girl: :coffee::coffee::coffee::computer::computer:

[...]
Question 3:

Yes please I would want to know that one too.
At first it only annoyed me a little, but by now its one of the main reasons I don't play anymore. (Wouldn't be so bad if there were public pubs or other places to meet and sit.)

Snip

Question 2:

Would you as the community liason on be able to shed some light on the bug tracking system you use (even if it is just an arbitrary process)? Specifically I'm interested to know that happens when support say "We'll pass that to the dev team". How does this happen? When are they looked out? How are they prioritised? So on and so forth. I can't imagine how releasing this information would somehow compromise the in game economy or cause any other issues. If you cannot divulge this information, a reason would be appreciated.

Thats easy , like this : (especially the sticky notes )

:lolup:

Nice one big gratz Foe!:beerchug:

Hey Foe,
Nice to see you around with some official comments.
Do you report by conference calls or do you actually go to the Jarntorget office daily.
Do you code, or the forum is your only job?

Thanks and GL

OK then...

Question 3:

You can sit down on a chair ;) but I dont think they dare to let us sit down on the ground again after the sit bug (ppl sliding etc) back in the days. probably why they removed it. They have enogh bugs to fix, many that should be easy to fix like that you still can spawn vehicles (ex a boat on land) with help of another vehicle. Many places are not so well built either, you can to easy break out or in to places you should not be. (ex. outside of the inside Space Station (aka fake space)).

Funny, in order to read the posts of our new community liason I first need to remove him from my (pretty short) ignore list.

Not sure I won't, yet. Let's first see what he has to say :dunce:

Me too. I only have 2 or 3 people in Ignore List... sux that now to read what is posted by Ludvig, I have to remove him :ahh:

Anyways, take a look at this thread Ludvig:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-improve-society-terminal-(Part-2)&highlight=

Please help EU be more social than it is now. Lets make societies fight for something :)

Would you mention to the devs that we need the rightclick menu of chat tabs to be scrollable? Ever since the creation of #space_flight I've been sorely missing the ability to select #space_travel without using the /custom command, and no, I'm not going to delete any of the other chats in my list, because I'm still using them all. Well, except #pirate_trade which I only lurk in for laughs.

Wish you were here sooner

Wish I could have talked to you sooner. Decided to stop dping my usual 100.00 a week because of a response I got from tech support that they wouldn't be able to help me with a simple request. It was very miner and I wasn't as concerned about that incident but it made me realize that if they wouldn't help with something so miner I would hate to have a real expensive problem. So I've opted to invest in other games instead.
I have my own business and I put customers that pay my bills before my family in most cases. Must be nice having that much money.

Back