New Mindforce

Goody

Prowler
Society
The Gathering
Bob Goody Kochanski
Can't take the credit for this, that lies with one of my soc mates, but thought it a good idea and worth a share on EF.

Suggestion for a new type of Mindforce "Foresight", ability to look ahead to the point where you're going to TP jump, before actually TP'ing.

Scale the foresight chips, in that a Lesser Foresight chip couldnt see as far as a Minor TP chip could jump you etc.

I appreciate it would take away the fun of TP'ing in dense mob spawns :D but thought it a nice suggestion.

And we all know increase in Mindforce applications would increase the sweat demand and therefore rise the sweat price, support the noobs.

Here's to Mindforce :yay:

Last edited:
That could actually be quite good at times, Interesting idea ;)

Hmmm, yes, I support this Mindforce ability. :) There are few things that suck more than teleporting in middle of angry, blood-thirsty mob herds when all what you want to do is escape (Yes, yes, that could be fun, but in most cases for me has been nothing but pain! :rolleyes: ).

I like the idea, not just on the see if loads of Mob front arguement.

Would also make PvP more interesting as you could see if you could get the drop on someone. or just to plan avoid landing next to a PKer

I would like it for the first reason :)

I really like this idea:)
+rep

Very nice idea, particularly for the mob avoidance.

As to the PVP aspect..... maybe a 'swirl' or something appears at the area being viewed to give a warning??? or maybe not:evilking:

Stinky:yay:

hell yeah! no more landing on areneatrox stalkers!!!! another idae that would be awsome is if hadeshiem was pvp....exept for 4 main roads (so you could get out) and around the central tp:yay: +rep my idea or die....by a snable;)
another good idea is TT chip...yes you heard me. tt that crap out in the field

Last edited:
Would be very useful to scout a area.

Great Idea! The amount of times I've been jumping straight into mobs. +Rep

Could really help when you are trying to get back to your team in a field of tough mobs.

Interesting idea. :)

yo

Very good idea :yay:

could be good for the PvP'r but also for the miner in PvP4 :)

//FluidHat

I'd still like to see a "Stealth" Mind Force Chip - one that removes your dot from the radar. Far, far more beneficial to PvP Miners, TP Runners, and anyone else who simply does not wish to engage in PvP but needs to cross those areas.

And for the hardened PvP Enthusiast - you know nothing is lamer than knowing where a target is long before that green dot knows you're targeting him/her - and nothing more challenging that actually having to look for a target, rather than just play connect-the-(green) dots.

I would like to see something like "Painshare" MF. You cast it on people like the focus, and all team members within the field of vision who have it on them shares their health (like 100+120+150 etc), so the team acts like a single avatar with a huge health and many hands :).

Obviously, in this mode everyone's health bars (both the avatar's and the HUD one) should display the total HP (maybe in different color to mark out the mode) and every damage should be substracted from this value. Healing any member goes to the common bar and if the bar reaches zero the whole group dies instantly and the effect wears off.

Last edited:
i like this idea ... but maybe not in lotable pvp use ... there shuld be no foresight or some thing ... otherwise the pvp los much of intresink and adrenalin rush.

Great Idea! The amount of times I've been jumping straight into mobs. +Rep

Oh yes, how many times have I asked my soc mates, "Did anybody get the insurance info of the Atrox that hit me? I'd like to report a claim."

This could be a good idea :) but I've feel sorry for a poor player in PVP when a big team of blood thirsty mates all uses this to tp right next to someone.. :rolleyes:

+rep for a nice idea

Nice idea and I always like to see ideas for expanding mindforce.

I think it should be only usable at higher levels to encourage MF skilling. Maybe it's chance of success varies as you skill higher or the area you can observe grows. ie for a lower skilled player, they use the chip, see it's clear but aren't aware they just scanned an area 200m away from what they thought they were viewing.

I would like to see something like "Painshare" MF. You cast it on people like the focus, and all team members within the field of vision who have it on them shares their health (like 100+120+150 etc), so the team acts like a single avatar with a huge health and many hands :).

Obviously, in this mode everyone's health bars (both the avatar's and the HUD one) should display the total HP (maybe in different color to mark out the mode) and every damage should be substracted from this value. Healing any member goes to the common bar and if the bar reaches zero the whole group dies instantly and the effect wears off.

This is a very neat idea actually, although doubt MA will like it, as then the chance that the Team will die against pretty much any mob is quite low. Say you form a team of 6 with average health of 125, then you have a 750 hit entity which can withstand hits even from spiders quite easily.

This is the best idea for mindforce I have heard in a long time :wtg::wtg:

Fun idea. :)

And think of all the possible abusing, bugs etc. =D !

PvP Abuse for sure... One lone sole in PvP4, 87 team members scattered around the universe... and all the PK's combined cannot put a dent in this one lone soul.

What about a mindforce created armour?

Like a focus buble, but then it can absorb some damage. After a fixed amount of damage is absorbed it will dissapear.

The higher the lvl of the chip, the more ME it uses but the more dmg it will absorb.

i wanna see somekinda regen and forcefield mindforce things.. to help u in battle.. now theres well... none really

Some more mindforce ideas:

Terror:
Make mobs flee. The higher the chip, the longer it runs away. Could come in handy for that first, unexpected encounter with a spider!

Illusion:
Make a clone (or two or three) of your avatar, that does the same things as your avatar - however the clones are merely illusions, and a single hit will dispell the illusion. When no more clones are left, the effect ends.

Float:
The higher the level, the longer the duration - just as the name suggests, it makes you float. Good for getting up close and personal with flying mobs, or for hiding things on top of buildings (though we already know the tops of many buildings are fake...)

Propel:
The higher the level, the bigger the leap - jump high, jump far, this chip allows the user to make incredible leaps of, well, leaping. Good for getting to out-of-the-way places, crossing wide chasms, or just plain showing off.

Merge:
A paired chip, like Wormhole, Merge would allow the users to activate their chips, and fuse themselves into a more powerful being. While merged, one player would have control over movement while the other would control combat. Oh come on, you know you'd love it!

Martial:
Also known as the Chuck Norris Chip, activating this chip allows hand-to-hand combat without the need for melee-weapons, for the duration of the effect. Because we know there's no chin under Chuck Norris's beard, there is only another fist.

I recommended the same thing like two years ago, but it didn't seem to be thing of interest for MA. Too bad :(

I recommended the same thing like two years ago, but it didn't seem to be thing of interest for MA. Too bad :(

These things have been recommended even way before that. Haven't seen any changes for the past 5 years :scratch2:

This can lead me to believe that either;

MA dont give a sh!t about mindforce and it will end up a forgotten profession :cry:

or

The next mindforce updated will be so awesome that it will make any other profesion fall into complete nothingness. Mindforce users all around will cheers and rejoy :cheer: and start worshipping MArco for the awesome stuff he gave them. Sweaters will flourish by the large demand of ME needed and mindforce will actually be usefull again (if it ever has been :rolleyes:).

Entropia will become a better place for noobs and vet alikes and we all live happily ever after :wtg:

i like how you think;) + rep for a brighter future

Back