New Miner here, still just dont get it :(

1. Don't start too close to a Service Centre/Town/City

rofl!

Have seen towers directly at TPs and others 2m of a service center.

Do you really think those where hit, by dropping bombs/probes far away from that locations?

rofl!

Have seen towers directly at TPs and others 2m of a service center.

Do you really think those where hit, by dropping bombs/probes far away from that locations?

Locations mean very little.Here and here

L*R

not long ago I saw a tower not far from sakura city either, and got a few nice hits close to TPs too.

But as Nighthawk said, I too usually just drop where I feel like usually running in a straight line and always double bomb/probe a claim

not long ago I saw a tower not far from sakura city either, and got a few nice hits close to TPs too.

But as Nighthawk said, I too usually just drop where I feel like usually running in a straight line and always double bomb/probe a claim

MA plays on the majority, they would, like us, look for patterns. In mining it's pretty obvious what most miners do. Drop, move 100 forwards,repeat. Their system HAS to cater for the masses and return a fixed %, which it does. I have no idea how exactly but it does return a fixed rate, if you are smart.

Personally I do not think that locations matter, just how or / and when you get to them

Hes back ! RUUUUUNNNOooOoOOOooOOooOOOoo !

I have thrown everything that I have known and started again, this time with bloody raw merping logic, next to log will be time :) and those results wont be posted.

ty ;)

Reason for that is well I am looking into Night-bird's theory and I don't want to give out the timings, if I do get them correct.

Reason for that is well I am looking into Night-bird's theory and I don't want to give out the timings, if I do get them correct.

How could I forget about Nightbird :O

your theories combined...Large Hadron Collider anyone ?

Ok, another noob question, what is a tower that everyone refers too?

Forget about the skill-gain clues, I know some people believe it but for a beginner it justs add confusion. When you have some mining experience you can start trying to use the skill-gain theory and decide if it works or just superstition ;)

Just take as many probes as you can and run in a straight line as explained above. You will find the deposits.

Try to pay attention to what resources you find in differenet area, this is the key to successful mining.

In the beginning your skill gains seem to happen more often IMO. So yeah just starting out its best to look over the mineral guides and pay attention to the results you are getting. If you are pretty certain you are in an area where you should be finding easy resources(oil, melchi, garcen, nexus, etc) and you are not then its time to move to another area.

I don't typically stay long in fields that have a low yield in comparison to what I am spending.

Once you get more skilled and start getting a feel for mining you can "specialize" in a way and find resources that command higher % in the market. Right now I would just concentrate on finding stuff and the good finds will come eventually.

run straight and drop probes every 17 seconds, whats so hard about that

Forget the superstitions (perc, geo, etc...) and simply run in a straight[ish] line dropping bombs every 100m give or take.
You can judge distance by pressing "P" which gives you coordinates measured in meters but I just use my radar most of the time (the inner circle is about 50m) or guesstimate it - you'll get the hang of it.
THEN... you'll come up with your own superstition that "works" for you :D

Stupid question here... how do you "drop" the probes? Do you drag them out of your inventory on the ground? Because it's impossible to use 200 probes and get 0 hits unless you stay in the same spot.

Back