Suggestion: new mining system

infamousH4

Old Alpha
Society
Hardcore
h4mmer 4nd s1ckle
the current mining system is really bad for economy IMO.

90% of miners waiting around for 50 mins then go drop probes for 5-10 mins per hour..

this is what Mindark wanted?

Depends on where you are mining but yeah, it's a pretty bad experience in some cases. I wanted some Garcen tonight so I went to the Shinook Jungle area. There was non-Crude stuff for like 5 mins when I got there, then it switched. Hardly enough time to mine what I wanted. So I kept dropping unamped waiting for the switch again...ended up being almost two hours. Pretty crappy.

Time to rise speed of extractors, whole line should be 4-5x faster... it's too much boring and non-sense as actually works

90% of miners waiting around for 50 mins then go drop probes for 5-10 mins per hour..

That's mostly just calypso mining. Arkadia doesn't have that problem on most servers, arkadias problem is having materials that are 90% useless 🤣🤣🤣

That's mostly just calypso mining. Arkadia doesn't have that problem on most servers, arkadias problem is having materials that are 90% useless 🤣🤣🤣
Arkadia is just the same, ifor example in the area's where you can find Gazzudite you will notice Lysterium drops for 90% of the time, and then for a small period you will start finding Gazzurdite until it is back to finding Lysterium again.

make deeds tradeable! or remove expiration, or make it atleast 2 weeks

Time to rise speed of extractors, whole line should be 4-5x faster... it's too much boring and non-sense as actually works
not speed, quantity. Imagine pulling out 100 ped in one pull. But that would kill the diferences between gear.

Yeah they could create new system for both mining and crafting.
NRFs could be gone, and we could get 100% tt value back from probes and amps in each run,
but I doubt MA would go all the way and create a new system like that since it should also make
the refining part important in the mining profession, or even as a new profession.

Arkadia is just the same, ifor example in the area's where you can find Gazzudite you will notice Lysterium drops for 90% of the time, and then for a small period you will start finding Gazzurdite until it is back to finding Lysterium again.
Part why I said "most servers"

Yeah they could create new system for both mining and crafting.
NRFs could be gone, and we could get 100% tt value back from probes and amps in each run,
but I doubt MA would go all the way and create a new system like that since it should also make
the refining part important in the mining profession, or even as a new profession.
Its not about tt return its about that skills and gear almost doesnt mather in my oppinon.

It is indeed too boring to extract resources so long. Especially now then mining enhancers broken on most excavators.

Where did you come up with this number? You will find there are a lot more miners in the universe than the bots in Shinook Jungle!

This wave nerfs on minning , first time notice is on 2018 in ashi - pyrite
Ok is fine pyrite that time is around 180% eventual mindark see that economy flaw/relation between hunt/minning/craft and decide start spread this idea over all others areas in caly between early and end of 2019 bit before TT softcap/RTP from 95-98%(can be more or less depend several factors) they swap to 85-92 ,
Caly alred over with all good spots with wave system...
My next 3-4 moth its include find spots in others planet even with bad tt and massive low and high i get enough average markup and no waves
however mindark work quickly to gradual fix this "holes" i found

Since this Markup on minning not increase... in fact most stuffs going down... they also screwed with craft and this game become big Hunt game...i even ba.. to call ponzi hunt scheme.... like this game spend alot time here however i cant denied actual playing axies for 2h per day with 4x less investment... i make alot more profits . meanwhile mindark here keep nerf and nerf they main sell point "Earn money in metaverse game"

To fix minning , you need overhauling craft...
End with UL Supplies...yes END
You dont need create L Supremacy recipe with 300 redulite ingot...(rare stuffs) that become end expensive or BC-100 that cost 180%... just increase TT cost per click with cheap things like belk
End with L bp

And finaly minning skills.... and craft skills........ i still believe work like hunt looter skills everyone in this community be glad if you open this pandora box
make depths or others game mechanics that make worth my rank 110 prospector.. real reason to back

IMHO I think MA just looks at the numbers and if any particular system generates more income for them they will keep it. Wave mining must be something that is positive from their perspective even if it makes for shitty game play. Same could be said for explosive projectile crafting but it generates a lot of buzz especially with the ATHs and probably has more risk associated with it a lower levels but the entry requirements are low as well. IMHO wave mining and some hunting is really geared towards botting so its like the set and forget crafting in some way. If any of this showed up negatively on the MA balance sheet you can bet there would be an emergency update or some new ToS rolling out ASAP.

There are some many different fields and resources available on all the planets you don't have the play the wave mining game in the land areas. Most of the fields I used to hit pretty frequently a few years ago are still intact and its pretty evident when they are full of filler resources VS the better stuff and once it a while you find a wave mining spot within a field of decent resources that isn't overrun with bots because of the mob spawns.

Crafting and mining need some attention and some updates that give people incentive to step outside their comfort zone and try new things unless you want a game full of AFK hunters, miners, and crafters.

Crafting and mining need some attention and some updates that give people incentive to step outside their comfort zone and try new things unless you want a game full of AFK hunters, miners, and crafters.

That is what they want. It pays the bills and bonuses regardless.

You're essentially just 'mining crypto' in the form of activities that reward loot that can be turned into ped>fiat. There's no real gameplay here other than decision making. What mob to hunt? What gear do I need for this mob? What blueprint to craft? What area to mine? All those decisions affect are your chances to continue playing without paying more for your gameplay by competing with others for player markup. Skills don't really matter after a certain point in any profession, with a few caveats that is.

I completely agree that mining Lyst and Oil is the most tedious thing I have been doing of late. This wave system sucks.

If the "rake" is set for TT return then set it in accordance to skill level (depth) for rares. Botting is an issue I understand why MA allows (affects their return negatively banning all of them), but should not be allowed. Creating this wave system only helps further the professional leachers of the game to exploit it even more than the playerbase.

I would be glad as a miner if MindArk worked in these two points:

- Make EP bp drop NOT metal residue but shrapnel - Why The actual F*** does a TT material drop ores residue anyway? - Taking the monopoly of metal residue market from the hands of EP bp clickers and restoring some MU on recycling ores/enmatter TT food into metal residue by crafting.

I mean its just to easy... got 20k peds. need 10k ped metal residue for crafting. craft it all on EP, get 10kish metal residue and 10ksh EPs. great deal!! hard work... oh and some nice Bps as well for your effort. here sell them in auction for profit xDD

- Hunters get tons of shrapnel to cycle around in a second at 101%. Miners get lyst/oil with additional extraction/refining fees. Let alone the real TT food from ark and other planets (the filler resources). Since MA killed the recycling resources for metal residue... Can we at least get our way of getting that 101% exchange for the TT food as well?

Dunno, seems not asking to much and would have a big in impact in having a reason to go mining.

Yes, far SW server does that. Many others don't have those waves.

Kind Lie whole arkadia server , yes 9 is wave.....

Server 1 - Cave sap Wave.
Server 2 - Garcen
Server 3 - Redulite.....
Server 4 - Wenrex
Server 5 - wait who going there?
Server 6 - Solis/Somin/Energized
Server 7 - Frakite , and now everything else
Server 8 - Erdorium and Dianthus
Server 9 - Ignisium

Argus - Pyrite/Redulite
Ashi - Pyrite
Shinook - self explanatory in all cases
And many others out there , its include indoor with arkadia moon redulite zone... or hell pyrite zone as well

All work same..
All waves include tier comp or esis or any high valuable stuffs , generic fuse , and others stuffs
and Rare L bp everything work same way....

between 45min and 1h30min of shit loot (average of 1h)
with 5min up 20min with good loot (most average is 5min)

Have fun i still out this game util mindark fix minning , and take off this wave system

if you want less lyst/oil waves and more real resources then you need to start crafting things that consume those resources. you need to find a way to convince people to gamble craft scops and dino shoes again.. it's a moot point otherwise. resource caps/waves/whatever you call them are directly tied to consumption and turnover from crafters and almost everything is at a global cap/threshold which triggers a "maximum per hour" respawner.

it'0s not something single players can do, it needs to be guided from MA

Thats why Im suggesting to MindArk:

- Make EP bps drop NOT metal residue but shrapnel - Selling metal/enmatter res. at 105% used to be a thing before EPs bps. Just the demand to produce enough metal res. for crafting will drive the the tt food ores demand to something.

Those EP BPs completely broke the demand/supply chain for mining resources in game. A great part of the crafting was done for producing residue. The usable crafting, as it is today, is amps/guns crafting, nothing changed there... apart from the endeless supply of metal residue we have now.

Not really hard to figure out where the chain is broken. I really dont undertand why they dont fix this...

Thats why Im suggesting to MindArk:

- Make EP bps drop NOT metal residue but shrapnel - Selling metal/enmatter res. at 105% used to be a thing before EPs bps. Just the demand to produce enough metal res. for crafting will drive the the tt food ores demand to something.

Those EP BPs completely broke the demand/supply chain for mining resources in game. A great part of the crafting was done for producing residue. The usable crafting, as it is today, is amps/guns crafting, nothing changed there... apart from the endeless supply of metal residue we have now.

Not really hard to figure out where the chain is broken. I really dont undertand why they dont fix this...
If they make shrapnel be able to be used in place of metal/energy residue I'd be on board with that.

Keep in mind that low residue prices means that people like miners can actually profit or at least break even due to not having to pay much for MU on amps. Mining isn't like hunting where MU on a gun is spread out over each shot where you maybe only have to 101% MU per shot for limited. EPs/residue actually did balance some parts of the game out better as much as we'd love to see higher MU for mining returns.

If they make shrapnel be able to be used in place of metal/energy residue I'd be on board with that.

Keep in mind that low residue prices means that people like miners can actually profit or at least break even due to not having to pay much for MU on amps. Mining isn't like hunting where MU on a gun is spread out over each shot where you maybe only have to 101% MU per shot for limited. EPs/residue actually did balance some parts of the game out better as much as we'd love to see higher MU for mining returns.

You don't need to buy amps if you craft them yourself with the resources you collect. The only inconvenience is having a bunch of 25% TT amps save for the Globals which produce 100% TT ones. The game isn't mean to silo you into one profession or the other, nor is it meant to force you into paying for resources or items, doing so is a trade off for the time you'd otherwise spend collecting them yourself.

This is complete non-sense:

Ill go by points:

- Keep in mind that low residue prices means that people like miners can actually profit or at least break even due to not having to pay much for MU on amps. - False - Buying amps @ 114% and making profit was not that hard with resources selling for 130/150%. Only the scared money does not see that oportunity and prefer to play unamped for maximum gain xD

-Mining isn't like hunting where MU on a gun is spread out over each shot where you maybe only have to 101% MU per shot for limited. - Is it not? Then what do you call the filler resources? And most importantly my question to you. What do you do with them? (Kaz, Edres, Lyta, Copper, etc etc) simply TT at 100%?

-EPs/residue actually did balance some parts of the game out better - The only thing this BP leveled was the resources and metal residue value to the ground. Check launch date of them and crash of resources/metal residue MU. Coincidence??

Most crafters can use an ALT account to produce metal residue for them coming from TT now... No need for for gathering resources to produce one of the bloodlines of the game. How dumb is that?

But please provide some examples of a good thing that BP brought.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but I don´t agree with you on this. It seems We are on really opposite sides. Its not so much a higher MU on resources Im looking for. Its more of a logic to play. A full circle of activities that make some sense and are not simply pissing money away.

I, for myself would much rather pay 114% on amps if there were more resources at 110, 120, 150%. With my eyes closed, all day long!!

Unless you prefer to play a flat 5% downswing game, mining TT stuff you cant sell for enough MU to survive if you put on top decay of finders/extractors/refiners (thinking about lyst/oil here, what a f**** goldmine MA has there.....)

You don't need to buy amps if you craft them yourself with the resources you collect. The only inconvenience is having a bunch of 25% TT amps save for the Globals which produce 100% TT ones. The game isn't mean to silo you into one profession or the other, nor is it meant to force you into paying for resources or items, doing so is a trade off for the time you'd otherwise spend collecting them yourself.
That's what I'm getting at. I craft my own amps. You are better off buying residue at current prices than producing it yourself. I technically could farm residue at near break-even, but only in small amounts that don't really matter when you are crafting amps. That is one thing you always need to watch. A lot of times buying crafting components is cheaper than producing them yourself. Often it doesn't matter what the ingredient MU costs are (to a point) if cheap residue is filling out the bulk of the remaining item TT. No one should be relying on globals to fill amp TT.

That at least has made amps more accessible than they used to be. Now you actually can progress in amp size past 5/d-class, whereas before the MU on the amps just didn't pencil out with what you could get in MU returns, even when MU used to be higher overall.

Last edited:
This is complete non-sense:

Ill go by points:

- Keep in mind that low residue prices means that people like miners can actually profit or at least break even due to not having to pay much for MU on amps. - False - Buying amps @ 114% and making profit was not that hard with resources selling for 130/150%. Only the scared money does not see that oportunity and prefer to play unamped for maximum gain xD

-Mining isn't like hunting where MU on a gun is spread out over each shot where you maybe only have to 101% MU per shot for limited. - Is it not? Then what do you call the filler resources? And most importantly my question to you. What do you do with them? (Kaz, Edres, Lyta, Copper, etc etc) simply TT at 100%?

-EPs/residue actually did balance some parts of the game out better - The only thing this BP leveled was the resources and metal residue value to the ground. Check launch date of them and crash of resources/metal residue MU. Coincidence??

Most crafters can use an ALT account to produce metal residue for them coming from TT now... No need for for gathering resources to produce one of the bloodlines of the game. How dumb is that?

But please provide some examples of a good thing that BP brought.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but I don´t agree with you on this. It seems We are on really opposite sides. Its not so much a higher MU on resources Im looking for. Its more of a logic to play. A full circle of activities that make some sense and are not simply pissing money away.

I, for myself would much rather pay 114% on amps if there were more resources at 110, 120, 150%. With my eyes closed, all day long!!

Unless you prefer to play a flat 5% downswing game, mining TT stuff you cant sell for enough MU to survive if you put on top decay of finders/extractors/refiners (thinking about lyst/oil here, what a f**** goldmine MA has there.....)
The key thing in all that is that both the cost to mine and average MU returns went down, but cost decreases were more than MU return decreases to the point that net returns mining actually went up. I definitely profit more now with overall lower MU compared to when I started.

The exception would be UL amps. In the current environment, they're not really worth it. If we went back to high MU cost and high MU return though, UL amps would absolutely be able to take advantage of high resource MU. For most that use L amps though, it would likely be a wash or even a decrease in net returns.

As for the resources you mention, I usually don't have much issue selling those at 101-103%. About the only thing I ever TT is if I have a large amount of growth molecules. That's partly why I have my shop though so I don't need to worry about those on auctions. Most of those Arkadian resources do sell.

What shit are you smoking??

- cost decreases were more than MU return decreases - What??? You must be joking here. Just a few examples: Duru 130, Narc 130, Niks 160, just to name a few... Where is the MU? You trade that MU for cheaper than 114% amps? and on top think its not possible to profit more?? wow

Im sorry I dont believe its possible to profit more now. you might grind a few pecs more steadly but definitly not profit more....

- For most that use L amps though, it would likely be a wash or even a decrease in net returns. - This is the definition of scared money...

- As for the resources you mention, I usually don't have much issue selling those at 101-103% - And this is the point where you are trying to BS everyone. The name TT food has a reason to be. I dare you to find me someone who buys edres or kaz on a regular basis at 102% and I mean buy the filler qtty you get and so proudly say you sell.... AH market data dont lie about the demand of somthing.

- You are better off buying residue at current prices than producing it yourself. I technically could farm residue at near break-even - This was always the case and allowed for crafters to try many bps at B/E cost with that TT food at 101/103% thus making the whole resources economy go around (FYI this was possible due to the metal residue price being so high as you call it). Now if you have a EP BP you dont even have to rely on the game economy on a RCE game to produce one of the most vital and used "products" in game. Do you understand how counter nature this is?

Same goes for survey probes and TT crafting components in BPs. If MA takes the "rake" already, why do they need to put their hand in with tt stuff to "lower" the MU of the click artificially? Why not some random filler resource instead?

To me its baffling that in a RCE economy, where one of the big problems already is the lack of incentive to use up resources, the developer continues to push for more stuff in the economy to be worthless with these kind of actions.

Finiancialy MA bottom line is only with deposits/withdrawals. One would guess they would want a vigorous economy in game to stimulate more playing time and more rake. Not a stagnant poddle of decay...

I get a bit triggered with these issues. Love for the game is to strong. Dont take it personal in any way please.

Back